Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP

Higher Fuel And Staff Costs To Weigh On Ryanair Profits

Ryanair (RYA.I) expects annual profits to fall for the first time in five years due to higher fuel and staffing costs and flat fares, Europe’s biggest low-cost airline said. However, shares in the Irish company rose more than 5 percent as analysts said its rapid recovery from a rostering crisis that led it to cancel 20,000 flights from September showed any setbacks this year were likely to be short-lived.

Higher oil prices may lead to "a significant shake-out" in aviation in the coming months and some airlines might not survive. Or, tickets price will rise up

Let’s not feel sorry for million dollar airliners  (maybe) going out of business because of higher oil prices.

There are many airlines with great and competitive prices, who offer jobs and compete with each other. I don’t think the people who travel will be greatly affected at all.

I’m not happy either. Let’s hope our dependence on oil will steady decrease the coming years.