Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rodent

Airlines To Get Crushed Under High Oil Prices

Some smaller airlines were struggling to make ends meet even when oil was at $40. Now it's almost twice that--a fact that should thin the herd, if governments are willing to let some fold without bailing them out. 

I wonder how many airlines hedged against the higher oil prices?

2 hours ago, Rodent said:

Some smaller airlines were struggling to make ends meet even when oil was at $40. Now it's almost twice that--a fact that should thin the herd, if governments are willing to let some fold without bailing them out. 

I wonder how many airlines hedged against the higher oil prices?

quite a few started hedging just before oil hit $60... they probably realized that a rally was in the making as oil prices didn't drop on Trump's trade war rhetoric

Some of the airline stocks are not doing so well like Alaska Air.  Either the industry has fallen out of favor with investors or else there could be turbulence ahead.  If I had the choice to invest in either an airline or an energy stock at this point I would lean toward the energy stock because I think oil is going higher.  Your thoughts?

• Like 1