I'm very much pro oil & gas.  And currently I am very much knowingly biased in favor of oil & gas over "renewable" energy, which I tend to view as unsustainable economically without heavy government subsidies. So I'm trying to be an oil price realist here.  A "moderate" or "centrist".  Neither a bull nor a bear. Yes, I see the current bull run herd running toward $100 oil.  And I don't agree that $100 is sustainable, at least for now, barring black swan events (which by definition are not able to be predicted). My own opinion is oil should be around $65.  No, I don't view that as bearish, I view that as realist.  2 or 3 years ago, $65 oil would have been too bullish. (2 and 3 years ago I was hoping for $50 oil.) Anyway, here is a short interview I found interesting.  I don't agree with all the points, but at least this is not another lemming article with herd mentality of oil bull pricing. High Oil Prices Unsustainable " ...Really, you can create incredible scenario either for undersupply or oversupply in the next 12 to 18 months. But going beyond that, you really need the prices to move lower or you will be just handing too much share to the shale producers and sending them the wrong price signal to accelerate growth when it's not required.  ... In the long run, we think the marginal cost of supply is about $55 a barrel. I think over in the next, let's say, 12 to 18 months, you will see prices drift lower"