Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anisha fatima

Natural Gas Precaution

What should I do if I smell Natural Gas?

Two options

A) Either run like hell,

or

B) Strike a match to find the leak.

If you like the projected policies of Biden and "The Great Reset", I suggest Option B.

• Haha 1

That's cool answer, thanks for the info dear author.

On 11/29/2020 at 9:34 PM, Anisha fatima said:

Immediately leave the structure (if inside) or the area if outside, and get everybody else out also. Do NOT flip any electrical switch on or off or light any flame Do NOT start your car. AFTER you are clear, call the gas company and/or 911. Your gas company will have a more comprehensive list. (e.g., In an emergency like an earthquake where the gas company cannot answer all calls immediately, then IF you know what you are doing and you smell gas, then shut off the gas at the meter. do not do this unless you smell gas.)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

Immediately leave the structure (if inside) or the area if outside, and get everybody else out also. Do NOT flip any electrical switch on or off or light any flame Do NOT start your car. AFTER you are clear, call the gas company and/or 911. Your gas company will have a more comprehensive list. (e.g., In an emergency like an earthquake where the gas company cannot answer all calls immediately, then IF you know what you are doing and you smell gas, then shut off the gas at the meter. do not do this unless you smell gas.)

Plus leave the door open as you exit.

On 11/29/2020 at 11:34 PM, Anisha fatima said:

You don't smell NG.  You smell Mercaptan.  Mercaptan is also known as methanethiol and is a harmless but pungent-smelling gas.  It is often added to natural gas, which is colourless and odourless, to make it easier to detect.

Get out of the house/building and call the authorities.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Bob D said:

You don't smell NG.  You smell Mercaptan.  Mercaptan is also known as methanethiol and is a harmless but pungent-smelling gas.  It is often added to natural gas, which is colourless and odourless, to make it easier to detect.

Get out of the house/building and call the authorities.

What happens when you're on a rig and there's no mercaptan added? 

3 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

What happens when you're on a rig and there's no mercaptan added? 

Have a cigarette while someone checks to see if there is any cause for alarm.  That's how they do it in Detroit.

• Haha 1