MP

Who Will Foot The $40-Trillion Energy Transition Bill?

3 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Our education system, nationwide, is an abysmal failure, when looking at it from a cost benefit ratio compared to other countries.

Singapore and Finland have the 'best' educational scores in the world. Chinese education is, overall, pretty miserable. Somehow, though, countries like the US and China have enormous GDPs, and Singapore is hardly known for any innovation at all. Finland has Nokia - that's about it (unless someone can bring me up to speed on what they're doing these days). Education is one component of economic initiative, but not the only one. In some cases, a 'high achievement' educational system can simply drive people to dropping out of society or committing suicide.

• Like 1

I am a proponent of a massive civil defense force. The armed forces should double as a reserve force, and do. You are speaking of first line workers. They are not a problem except that many people are not trained for practical jobs.  I am in favor of a massive two year college expansion to train the practical skills that we actually need. In my town, we need people trained to rebuild old homes, many that are boarded up. We need far fewer four year degrees that are often not resulting in good jobs. 

6 minutes ago, Meredith Poor said:

Singapore and Finland have the 'best' educational scores in the world. Chinese education is, overall, pretty miserable. Somehow, though, countries like the US and China have enormous GDPs, and Singapore is hardly known for any innovation at all. Finland has Nokia - that's about it (unless someone can bring me up to speed on what they're doing these days). Education is one component of economic initiative, but not the only one. In some cases, a 'high achievement' educational system can simply drive people to dropping out of society or committing suicide.

With proper reading, writing, and arithmetic a person can learn almost anything for free. We live in a computer age that is, to a great extent, wasted on gaming and trivialities. We need to engender a culture that appreciates self education and the basic learning that leads to it. 

Practical education and higher education is available for free online. I have a topic on that.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nkAnzn9R7NH0LqihEeeq4be4ckBgk70YkGKbHsrnbTU/edit

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Meredith Poor said:

One of the issues in the US right now is that racial animosity is so high that a significant number of people that could volunteer might be shot by homeowners assuming they are looters.

If there is, then it can wholly be placed at the feet of the MSM and their cronies for blatantly LYING repeatedly for political gain over the last ~6 years.  I find it rather telling that all of these "racist" incidents happened near exclusively in dense, self segregated communities of northern cities and not down south. 

2 hours ago, ronwagn said:

I am not speaking of individuals. I am speaking of the bureaucracies and the bloat inherent in that. Our education system, nationwide, is an abysmal failure, when looking at it from a cost benefit ratio compared to other countries. Just about every department of government is comparable to some extent. In fact, we are paying for people to aggravate us rather than provide meaningful benefit. We are also paying for people to spy on our President and his administration and undermine it. I will be happy to argue with you on any of the above. I have plenty of information to present.

Education Problems:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PjW6KJmKDEqqrTVZyGwWK36YTvr46Axo9WDkY90WtU4/edit

Well, then maybe you should take the red pill, and open your eyes.  The 'education system' is a fraud. You have been deliberately brainwashed into believing the words, education and system, have the meanings found in dictionaries. Fact; the education system is not only funded by govt, the paradigm is established by govt. Thus, it is designed to produce a result consistent with an agenda; an agenda you are brainwashed to follow religiously but not to see. Your education is indoctrination, plain and simple. Your system is not: it is the matrix. Your plutocracy wants and requires indoctrinated masses, for its own existence. This will not change until the indoctrinated masses realise they have swallowed the blue pill; likely never.

On 12/4/2020 at 12:03 AM, Meredith Poor said:

$40 trillion divided by 30 years = $1,333,333,333,333 per year.

$1.3 trillion divided by 4 billion working age adults = $333 per year. Per-capita utility costs for most American households is $1200 ($100 per month) plus $80 a month for gasoline.

If this 'only' costs $40 trillion we're getting off cheap.

Does this transition cost take account of the fact that if the transition didn't take place there would still be an ongoing bill for building replacement conventional energy supply assets - mines, oil /gas fields, pipelines etc. 

(edited)

On 12/8/2020 at 7:13 PM, Meredith Poor said:

Can you describe the amount of time you've spent in government employment, including military service? What were your roles, if any?

It's not always pleasant being a government employee.

I had some random guy on the street yell at me because he saw I was wearing a shirt that had a Government of Canada logo on it. 

"That shirt is a waste of taxpayers money!  Buy your own clothes!" 

I highly doubt the guy yells at people wearing a McDonalds uniform... 

It's just jealousy,  it's not easy to get good government jobs because the pension benefit makes it highly competitive. We got hundreds of applicants for fairly low-level openings.  Guys with a PhD in chemistry applying for jobs where you will mostly fill test tubes and wash glassware. 

Edited by Enthalpic

7 hours ago, ronwagn said:

With proper reading, writing, and arithmetic a person can learn almost anything for free.

Yes, but it takes a lot of education to learn more than basic "arithmetic."

5 hours ago, NickW said:

Does this transition cost take account of the fact that if the transition didn't take place there would still be an ongoing bill for building replacement conventional energy supply assets - mines, oil /gas fields, pipelines etc. 

My point, in the larger picture, is the 'status quo' is pretty expensive. That includes replacements for 'conventional' infrastructure.

5 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Yes, but it takes a lot of education to learn more than basic "arithmetic."

And before the USA had public education "free" for everyone, it had higher literacy and arithmetic rates than today...

It will be put on the backs of individual and small business, Don’t think for a minute that Government’s won’t spend the money and increase there Countries Debt. Funny thing is the current world debt exceeds all asset of most Countries! China is upside down about 30-40% of there GDP, American is approximately a few percentage points away from there’s!

On 12/7/2020 at 12:50 PM, ronwagn said:

Thanks for the info Meredith! I am all for it, but hate to see China getting all the business. I buy a lot of Chinese goods though. I want us to trade with other nations also and do more ourselves. I would think that we could make solar cells and panels too. Is a lot of hand work needed? The other issue is the possibility of simplifying installation for the DIY folks. I would like to see all ordinary builders being able to do the job. Bring down total costs and home battery systems, not connect to the grid at all. Build cells on carports, separate garages, etc. Solar tiles seem like the best solution, if you never have to build a roof again! You would think that it would be a no brainer for new homes in the Southwest and most other areas. 

The other problem I fear is getting the government and crony capitalists involved, plus the union mandates, unneeded licenses, permits, and other extraneous costs and taxes. That is why I don't want grandiose government schemes. 

Making the cells is not really any different than the process used for making chips.  Similar equipment and process just no "doping" of the wafers like in chips.  But a "mask" is laid down to provide the needed circuit path for the electricity. So there is a minimal amount of "doping" I stand corrected just no where near as complex or the multitude of layers involved.

When I worked in Silicon Valley after the Marine Corps; I worked in a couple fabs albeit on the RF side of the house vs. digital. Sadly after the initial rise of Silicon Valley it became anything But Silicon.  Software became the mainstay as all  actual "production" was moved offshore too Japan, Korea & China.  

Companies like Applied Materials, Lam Research, KLA and many more all sprang up in Silicon Valley.  They manufacture the equipment that is used by the chip manufacturers to make the wafers those chips come from.  At one point Applied was growing so fast there in the valley they were either locking up all the available space for lease or building new sites as fast as possible.  Now they still have a sizeable footprint in the valley, but no where near what they did.  A good portion of this work was shipped to China. Ditto for the others.  Now I worked in SV from 1988 till 2001.  Loved it immensely, but like I mentioned I worked in the RF world. Radars, missiles, jammer/ECM systems.  A majority of that type of work went by the wayside after the Clinton infestation took hold.  Then I went into the Wastewater Industry taking advantage of my electronics background to get into the Instrumentation side of the business with ITT Water & Wastewater.

Making the Solar panels is a pretty straight forward process. It's just like anything else made en masse; the higher the thru put the lower the cost to make.  Sadly, that isn't really an option here in the US do too restrictions. regulations and all manner of legal issues a company here must deal with that isn't part of the equation across the Pacific from us.  Not too mention the wage issue...  Until China is forced onto a pricing playing field that matches the cost of doing business in the US; they will continue to find favorable status with CEO's worried about the up coming quarterly report.  Not to mention all the pockets in DC being lined by the CCP...

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

Who Will Foot The $40-Trillion Energy Transition Bill?

To me, it becomes obvious to anyone who is following the international monetary system, that this type of spending and the ANSWER to the question above, is to move the world towards "The Great Reset".  It is the obvious answer.

• Great Response! 1

It definitely will not be the Assclown’s at Davis! The everyday people of all the Countries around the world will be raped for the costs!