Rodent

Clean Energy Tech FAILURE says IEA

Clean-Energy Techs On Track To Meet Climate Goals? Nope, says IEA

Most clean-energy technologies are not on track to meet the world’s long-term climate goals, make energy universally accessible, and significantly lower air pollution, with just 4 out of 38 techs on track to do this, the IEA said today in a report.

Is this a surprise to anyone? 

The few that are on track are EVs in transportation, PVs in power sector, and LEDs in the buildings sector.

Google Engineers said pretty much the same thing back in 2014.

12 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Google Engineers said pretty much the same thing back in 2014.

Not really the same stuff.... The Google guys were saying in 2014 "renewable energy won't work" and the IEA report says today that some clean techs are working, other still not and some other need to be improved.

But even if you only take into account the "on track" techs (PV's and EV's) it's enough to disrupt the energy market in the coming years.

6 minutes ago, Guillaume Albasini said:

Not really the same stuff.... The Google guys were saying in 2014 "renewable energy won't work" and the IEA report says today that some clean techs are working, other still not and some other need to be improved.

Point taken, my bad, you are correct, it's actually not the same.

I wouldn't expect to be on track. If it was easy, it would have already been done. And the monies, $20 billion public, that's chump change. My last oil and gas entity spent twice that a year for some perspective. That said, throwing money at things without realistic solutions yet is dumb. You can't just toss money at R&D, And just because it's "renewable" doesn't mean it's good. We cut down forest for power, but it's pretty dumb. My greatgrandkids will benefit from oil and gas, I don't have any grandkids, so oil and gas is here for a long time. 

• Upvote 1