TN

Trump Kicks COVID Bill Back To Congress; Demands $2,000 Stimulus, Shreds Lawmakers Over Mountain Of Pork

(edited)

18 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

With the new bill, we'll be 25T in debt, $75,000 for every man, woman and child living in America.

California is a great example of reaching prematurely for renewable energy at the detriment of higher taxes and regulation: they are in such bad fiscal shape that they've even floated the idea of demanding Ca. state income tax progressively for ten years from people who have moved away from Ca. You and I both know that won't hold water, but it's indicative of just how desperate they are for money. 

One thing is for sure, this stuff will test Modern Monetary Theory right down to the spines of its electronic book cover. Maybe the national debt just goes up up and away and nobody cares, but inflation is going to ultimately devalue all government-backed fiat currencies to the point where they will be near worthless. 

Gold or Bitcoin, take your choice. Or, interestingly enough, oil and gas. Now there's a novel investment idea.

You seem to be quite correct, speaking for myself personally the Biden admin has now been cutoff at the knee's. No Paris accord money, comes right to the top of my thoughts...actually what world agenda, or Democratic state bailout could he now attempt to pursue...without a cry of war from the republican body...and Biden will try. Perhaps not so much the republican body but the famed word Kracken...there are millions and millions of angry citizens right now...it would not take to much more to set this off in a rebellion.

What i see is Trump once again building a wall around his work for the last 4 yrs...What does concern me greatly is the ME...The Saudis will need to align with Israel or go it alone, I believe Iran will give pump and dump a whole new meaning...Unless that is Biden attempts to continue with sanctions that is..of which they will not tolerate on any level.

Pump&Dump i have not heard that expression for a very long time.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 5:09 PM, Gerry Maddoux said:

With the new bill, we'll be 25T in debt, $75,000 for every man, woman and child living in America.

California is a great example of reaching prematurely for renewable energy at the detriment of higher taxes and regulation: they are in such bad fiscal shape that they've even floated the idea of demanding Ca. state income tax progressively for ten years from people who have moved away from Ca. You and I both know that won't hold water, but it's indicative of just how desperate they are for money. 

One thing is for sure, this stuff will test Modern Monetary Theory right down to the spines of its electronic book cover. Maybe the national debt just goes up up and away and nobody cares, but inflation is going to ultimately devalue all government-backed fiat currencies to the point where they will be near worthless. 

Gold or Bitcoin, take your choice. Or, interestingly enough, oil and gas. Now there's a novel investment idea.

I just bought “The Deficit Myth”, so far it’s a compelling case for MMT.

https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Deficit-Myth-Audiobook/1549118048?source_code=GPAGBSH1103160002&ipRedirectOverride=true&gclid=CjwKCAiA57D_BRAZEiwAZcfCxf6_uZE5eAPhI0fWqSyuFp-fqttTmnucv30tb-iW1EI84nnF4rUM-hoCpB8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

(edited)

On 12/23/2020 at 2:36 AM, Tom Nolan said:

Trump Kicks COVID Bill Back To Congress; Demands $2,000 Stimulus, Shreds Lawmakers Over Mountain Of Pork

by Tyler Durden
Tuesday, Dec 22, 2020 - 19:46

VIDEO EMBEDDED (4 MINUTES)

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/trump-kicks-covid-bill-back-congress-demands-2000-stimulus-shreds-congress-over-mountain

President Trump appeared to threaten to veto the COVID-19 stimulus package that Congress passed almost 24 hours earlier, telling lawmakers to boost checks for Americans to $2,000 as well as "get rid of wasteful and unnecessary items" in the spending bill

Trump said "throughout the summer, Democrats cruelly blocked COVID relief legislation in an effort to advance their extreme left wing agenda and influence the election..."

"it's taken forever" to get a package and the bill passed "is much different than anticipated."

"It really is a disgrace," he added.

Then reeled off a list of disgusting 'pork' (read the details here) that has been piled into this record-breaking 5,593 page bill.

As Axios notes, many of the items Trump listed, such as foreign aid, which were not related to COVID-19 are not part of the coronavirus relief package. These form part of the government funding bill, which was passed alongside the coronavirus relief package.

Then he took a shot at Biden and the election

"Send me a suitable bill or else the next administration will have to deliver a COVID relief package and maybe that administration will be me and we will get it done."

Watch the full statement here:

[VIDEO]

..and the market is not happy...

2020-12-22_16-56-35.jpg?itok=-3HFMQEQ

I used to think the UK Govt were the masters of pissing our money (increasing the national debt) up the wall on endless foreign donations of dubious value but it seems the USA wants a piece of the action too and will perhaps steal our crown. 

Edited by NickW

If your working you don’t need any check. If your retired and receive Social Security, you don’t need a check. If your Trump your golfing and don’t need a check. That should save a few hundred million. 😀

So there are a couple new strains of the virus and Trump does not shut the borders. We need an Asian president. Japan shut their borders. They value life. They value their seniors. 

So Putin hacks our infrastructure and Trump pulls his pants down bareing his butt and screams “spank me”. Can’t wait for the whimp to leave.