rainman

Expected:Trump Cancels Summit With North Korea Scheduled For Next Month

U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday called off a planned summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, even after North Korea followed through on a pledge to blow up tunnels at its nuclear test site.Referring to a scheduled June 12 meeting with Kim in Singapore, Trump said in a letter to the North Korean leader: “Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it would be inappropriate, at this time, to have this long- planned meeting.”

• Like 1

Not a surprise this never took place - all theatrical bluff on both sides and the gladiatorial game carries on. What a farce! 

• Like 1

What no Nobel peace prize? Shocking!

After all, did anyone really think this would happen?

• Like 1

Real question is who's cancelled this fake summit? Kim Jong-Un doesn't tweet...:)

• Like 1

Xi and Kim are like a twins. China inserted itself and tried to "support" summit.  Deception. Now we are at the beginning of nothing.

Let me guess: there are many of us who think this is a win?:D

2 minutes ago, Petar said:

Let me guess: there are many of us who think this is a win?:D

In labor negotiations strategy, I was always taught "don't be the first one to walk away from the table. It's a sign of not willing to negotiate or resolve issues." 

I knew it....We knew it....Good - now KJU can get on with the job - no peace on Peninsula or world..

I agree. Foreign policy is without a clear vision.. (blackout, blackout and retreat...)

And I thought that now foreign policy under Pompeio and Bolton and the likes of hawkish in the White House was kinda coherent... just fake and fake... 

We had Fake News... and now we have Fake Summits !!

What will they do with all these medals...?

image.thumb.jpeg.5b74792ccc3e23a2f44c9b34cc3f9be5.jpeg

• Upvote 2

They sorta look like beer bottle tops. Maybe they need to use them on non-alcoholic beer and market it as Fake Beer!

• Upvote 1

Surprise, surprise. Now both administrations got what they were looking for. A talking point for their domestic base saying that they have tried but diplomacy failed. 

My own view, which I am a bit reluctant to discuss on this forum, is the talks will go through, North Korea will capitulate, and the WW III nuclear threat from North Korea will evaporate. 

Oh, and Iran and the USA should normalize relations a bit by end of this year.

What's going on now is just the bargaining dance.

Anyway:

North Korea Comes Crawling Back: Stresses "Desperate Need" For Summit "Whenever, However"

11 hours ago, James Weaver said:

They sorta look like beer bottle tops. Maybe they need to use them on non-alcoholic beer and market it as Fake Beer!

Oh, my. They do! xD

Did anyone say what happened? Or did Trump just had a bad hair day?

< ahem >

Kim Jong-Un Holds Surprise Second Summit With South Korea President Moon

North Korea's president Kim Jong Un held a surprise two-hour second summit with South Korean President Moon Jae-in at the truce village of Panmunjom on Saturday afternoon to pave way for a summit between North Korea and the United States.

The South Korean presidential office said the two leaders met at the DPRK side of the border village of Panmunjom from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm local time on Saturday, where they "candidly discussed the potential Trump-Kim summit",and exchanged their opinions on implementing the April 27 Panmunjom Declaration.