Zhong Lu

Trump Supporters Just Handed a Huge Propaganda Victory to China

On 1/11/2021 at 5:05 AM, Tomasz said:

Sorry if my comment seemed aimed at you Tomasz, it was not. It was aimed at the author that you quoted :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Geoff Guenther said:

I actually take this as a good sign. It means that CCP is concerned about its image abroad so it may be possible to shame it into doing the right thing.

It also shows the limited extent CCP has engaged in propaganda. They are focused on generating a positive image of China rather than manipulate votes to get people they approve of into power. If they tried to do that and got caught, they would likely turn into enemy #1 in the US overnight.

As far as becoming an enemy: while relations with China have become more adversarial, China is not viewed as an enemy by American, at least not yet. Today, the two countries act as semi-untrusted competitors. There are ways that the countries may always be at odds with, such as 5G and Taiwan. But there are also ways that both countries will want to cooperate on because it benefits both, such as NOx and CO2 emission standards.

yet another brainwashed murcan.  no enemy?  then why is Meng arrested? why the bans on Huawei 5G. why the forced delistings? why the sanctions?  why frozen bank accounts? why the flyovers of US spy planes?  why your navy crosses into China waters? why the funding of domestic terrorists in HK and others?  these are acts of war.

(edited)

9 minutes ago, frankfurter said:

yet another brainwashed murcan.  no enemy?  then why is Meng arrested? why the bans on Huawei 5G. why the forced delistings? why the sanctions?  why frozen bank accounts? why the flyovers of US spy planes?  why your navy crosses into China waters? why the funding of domestic terrorists in HK and others?  these are acts of war.

Spy plane seriously....you are aware satellites are taking your temperature as we speak? Murcan...not sure of that yet i guess...perhaps a speech impediment....similar to Mary had a little lamb? Try that 3 times in a row...you might need a splint for your tounge so becareful.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Haha 1

(edited)

10 hours ago, Wombat said:

HaHa Haha Haha, as though Tianmen Square never happened? A bastion of stability my arse! Why does CCP need 5 times as many policemen as army to create "bastion of stability"? Hahahahahahaha, are you a comedian?

Tiananmen?  America has now its own Tiananmen. When the ransacking occurred in HK, Pelosi stated "it was a beautiful sight to behold". But her hysteria is laid bare when such occurs on US soil. 

re policemen. Numbers vary widely, depending on source and what is included in the definition of a police force, especially in the USA. The latest Interpol numbers place the number of police per capita, average for USA, at about 600 per 100,000, which is about the same as China. Very many countries have per capita counts far greater than 600: Monaco is at 1300.

So, yet again, your claim is false and you stand accused of spreading propaganda.  Free speech is one thing, but lies are quite another.

Edited by frankfurter

I think last couple of years is big win for China not exacly 6th of January 2021.

By the way, after what is happening in the US, I would be afraid if I were their close ally.

I am also wondering how the continuation of strategic  government programs on strict issues is relevant after the fierce clash between major factions in USA.

Another thing ... For me it is shocking that US elites do not see it by themselves, how much they need unanimity and consistency in the present day in global competition with China... and what is just not visible in their movements

Because China recorded all-time highs of exports, imports and a trade surplus in December. Throughout 2020, marked by the coronavirus pandemic that broke out beyond the Wall, sales abroad were record-high, and the positive balance of exchange - the second largest in the history of China. 

That was it when it comes to fairy tales about breaking supply chains from China to Europe and the USA.

This is how the China-US trade war is going nowadays.

The last year has shown how fast the US is starting to lose its relevant  advantage position over China.

Trade treaty of Asian countries with China without America. The European Union's investment agreement with China - 28 countries vote YES, despite the pressure of the United States, opposition only from the less significant Poland.

I know that American users will probably disagree with me, but recently it has turned out so that symbolically succeeds China get success in everything on all fronts and the USA, despite all its great power, fails to do anything.

Personally, I think, although many people in Central Europe will not like it, everything is going to the fact that the more the US will lose its position towards China, it will seek a broad white man's alliance with Russia.