DR

Pollster Frank Luntz released a poll today showing 90% of those that voted for Trump in November would vote for him again.

(edited)

Wyoming GOP Rips Liz Cheney over Impeachment vote. 

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/1005694/1  Maybe she will run as a Democrat in 2022 or join Chris Christie and John Kasich and become a CNN Contributor.

As for the Frank Luntz poll 

CNN's Andrew Cuomo and Anderson Vanderbilt Cooper must be going apoplectic .

How could those Deplorable , Applebee dinning , Holiday Inn patron, Rubes do such a thing.  

Given some time for things to settle down Trump could even get the other 10% back. 

In one year after we see demented Joe Biden in office  let's ask Joe's 64 million legal voters if they would vote for him again.  I'll bet you the number will be below 50%

Axios/IPSOS  Poll Overwhelming majority of Republicans support Trump over Mitch McConnell.

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/1005578/1 

It would be foolish of Mitch to try  to extricate Trump from the Republican Party.  

Also CNN says another unknown source says McConnell want to get Trump out of the Republican Party. He doesn't want to cede control of the Party to Trump.  If true (you never know when its an unknown source) Mitch is making a mistake.

"CNN, attributing its information to a source, had reported that Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., had indicated that he believes impeaching Trump makes it easier to get rid of the president and his policies from the Republican Party."

Mitch, what's left of the Republican Party if you get rid of Trump and his supporters ?  ANSWER : Nothing
Edited by Roch
  • Great Response! 2
  • Haha 1

So you mean if the election was re-run, Trump would lose by even more? OK good to know. :)

• Haha 2

(edited)

On 1/14/2021 at 4:11 AM, LiamP said:

So you mean if the election was re-run, Trump would lose by even more? OK good to know. :)

No William, you are misinterpreting it.

No it means Trump isn't going away.  He will be a thorn in the butt of the crazy unhinged Democrats. 

Did you read the impeachment filing.  It is 76 pages of Democratic hate speech, quotes, name calling and hyperbola .  NOT EVEN ONE BIT OF EVIDENCE TO A CRIME.  Any legal scholar would laugh at this mess.  Who wrote it ?  Impeachment Manager Eric Swalwell , the House Intelligent committee member whom was penetrated by a Chinese Spy ? Eric must be heartbroken.  He thought Fang Fang  actually loved him. By the way Eric's brother and father continued to stay in touch with Fang Fang.  Are they doing business with China like Joe's son Hunter ?

Also the FBI leaked to the New York Times that the attack on the Capital was pre planned in an effort to damage Trump.  The FBI wanted to damage Trump, but the actually exonerated him.  

Trump won't run again .  He will support candidates for office and candidates to Primary the 10 House Reps that voted to impeach him. He may tease the Democrats that he will run just to drive them crazy.  One of his sons or his daughter-in-law might run. 

The old RHINO Republicans that were all over CNN and MSNBC this week that thought their dreams of getting a 2024 Republican Presidential Nomination ( Romney , Kasich and Christie ) realized it was all for naught.  They're done. 

Especially Chris Christie a person whom Trump considered a friend , who actually helped Trump to prepare for the 2020 debates.  What a fair weather friend. What a turncoat.  What a political whore. Good luck Chris.  The Republican base now can't stand you and the Democrat base always hated you since you played dirty tricks on the mayor of Fort Lee, NJ by backing up the traffic going to the GW bridge.   Go get a few more pizzas and eat your sorrows away.  

It means another old Republican dinosaur Steve Forbes miscalculated when he supported impeachment and blacklisting all Trump staff.  People are dropping their subscription to Forbes Magazine.  

Edited by Roch
  • Upvote 3

(edited)

8 hours ago, Roch said:

No it means Trump isn't going away.  He will be a thorn in the butt of the crazy unhinged Democrats. 

Did you read the impeachment filing.  It is 76 pages of Democratic hate speech, quotes, name calling and hyperbola .  NOT EVEN ONE BIT OF EVIDENCE TO A CRIME.  Any legal scholar would laugh at this mess.  Who wrote it ?  Impeachment Manager Eric Swalwell , the House Intelligent committee member whom was penetrated by a Chinese Spy ? Eric must be heartbroken.  He thought Fang Fang  actually loved him. By the way Eric's brother and father continued to stay in touch with Fang Fang.  Are they doing business with China like Joe's son Hunter ?

Trump won't run again .  He will support candidates for office and candidates to Primary the 10 House Reps that voted to impeach him. He may tease the Democrats that he will run just to drive them crazy.  One of his sons or his daughter-in-law might run. 

The old RHINO Republicans that were all over CNN and MSNBC this week that thought their dreams of getting a 2024 Republican Presidential Nomination ( Romney , Kasich and Christie ) realized it was all for naught.  They're done. 

Especially Chris Christie a person whom Trump considered a friend , who actually helped Trump to practice for the debates.  What a fair weather friend. What a turncoat.  What a political whore. Good luck Chris.  The Republican base now can't stand you and the Democrat base always hated you.  Go get a few pizzas and eat your sorrows away.  

It means another old Republican dinosaur Steve Forbes miscalculated when he supported impeachment and blacklisting all Trump staff.  People are dropping their subscription to Forbes Magazine.  

While my post was intended as a joke, I don't think I misinterpret anything - that's literally what the statement means! He would only get 90% of what he got in November - i.e. lose by a larger margin (according to official figures).

Your interpretation, perhaps more of an extrapolation or inference, is also valid and I happen to agree with it. The Trump movement very much lives on.

And, William??

Edited by LiamP
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Roch said:

BREAKING NEWS: As a result of Steve Forbes support for impeachment and promise to black list Trump supporters President Donald J. Trump has cancelled his subscription to Forbes Magazine and banned Steven Forbes from the 2021 Maralogo Christmas Party.  When asked for comment Steve Forbes declined to answer.

As for the Frank Luntz poll 

CNN's Andrew Cuomo and Anderson Vanderbilt Cooper must be going apoplectic .

How could those Deplorable , Applebee dinning , Holiday Inn patron, Rubes do such a thing.  

Given some time for things to settle down Trump could even get the other 10% back. 

In one year after we see demented Joe Biden in office  let's ask his 64 million legal voters if they would vote for him again.  I'll bet you the number will be below 50%

Axios/IPSOS  Poll Overwhelming majority of Republicans support Trump over Mitch McConnell.

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/1005578/1 

It would be foolish of Mitch to try  to extricate Trump from the Republican Party.  

Also CNN says another unknown source says McConnell want to get Trump out of the Republican Party. He doesn't want to cede control of the Party to Trump.  If true (you never know when its an unknown source) Mitch is making a mistake.

"CNN, attributing its information to a source, had reported that Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., had indicated that he believes impeaching Trump makes it easier to get rid of the president and his policies from the Republican Party."

Great to see the video of New York City Police officers being abused, and 2 of them killed, because of Mayor De Blasio's "incitement", and how for several YEARS after that how the Police turned their backs on him, literally.  People forget, I suppose, is correct.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Dan Warnick said:

Great to see the video of New York City Police officers being abused, and 2 of them killed, because of Mayor De Blasio's "incitement", and how for several YEARS after that how the Police turned their backs on him, literally.  People forget, I suppose, is correct.

The left and the right both need to get their crazies under control. Anybody notice how many Q anon followers there were in that capital crowd? The loons are on the march and some politicians think they can harness the energy for their own purposes, it won't end well.

Q = Jonestown and the Jon Birch Society having a bastard child. Is that you Damian?

Edited by Strangelovesurfing
  • Like 1

(edited)

On 1/14/2021 at 6:24 AM, LiamP said:

Your interpretation, perhaps more of an extrapolation or inference, is also valid and I happen to agree with it. The Trump movement very much lives on.

And, William??

My great great grandfather was Liam which is a derivative of William.  He came to the U.S. in the 1800's from County Cavan. 

OK , Liam if you prefer. 

Edited by Roch

(edited)

I don't quite understand what kind of results you would expect in a society as divided as America's in 2020. America is now very clearly divided so I would not expect a sudden flow of voters from Trump to Democrats. Additionaly  contrary to what is said this was not a serious coup d'état but at most a putsch of dissatisfied radical Trump voters. Of course, a few people died, but those occupying the Capitol were not very aggressive or stubborn. Rather, people understand that it was more of a farce than a real dramatic coup. More a demonstration of general pissing off the establishment than a dramatic situation threatening the end of democracy in the US.
Russian perspective - report of think tank MGIMO

The authors of the report call the Democratic presidential victory "Pyrrhic." "Joe Biden will start his presidency, inheriting not only the coronavirus and its economic effects, but also low legitimacy in the eyes of half the population," the document says. - He will enter the White House, realizing that delivering on non-cosmetic promises such as a return to the Paris climate agreement or the World Health Organization, and the radical changes in the American political system demanded by Democratic Party activists will put the country on the brink an armed conflict between two irreconcilable camps. The most important, according to MGIMO experts, is that the US elections showed: in the country during the four years of the republican presidency, a new consensus was formed on "what America is today and what it can and should do in domestic and foreign policy." “It embraces the need to reindustrialize the US and the inevitability of antagonism with China. Most of the elite are not ready to recognize Trump as America's leader, but are ready to live with this new consensus, ”they are convinced. According to  report, as part of the "old establishment", the Democratic Party risks splitting even more if it tries to dislodge its progressive, woke wings and urban radicals, for whom victory was the hope for profound change. “The new president may find himself in an extraordinary position in the dramatic struggle to control the future of the Democratic Party and to develop a concept for the further development of the country. However, the inability to solve the problems in the country will force the Biden administration, like many others before it, to seek victories on the foreign policy front, ”predict the authors of the review.

Edited by Tomasz
  • Upvote 2

On 1/14/2021 at 5:24 AM, LiamP said:

While my post was intended as a joke, I don't think I misinterpret anything - that's literally what the statement means! He would only get 90% of what he got in November - i.e. lose by a larger margin (according to official figures).

And, William??

I don't understand your math.

He said that Trump would get 90% of his 64 million votes and 50% of Biden's votes for a total of about 89 million votes.

Biden would get 10% of Trump's 64 million votes and 50% of his own 73 million votes for a total of 40 million votes.

You said that Biden's 40 million votes would be victorious over Trumps 89 million votes. 

Would you please explain why you think 40 million is a bigger number than 89 million? 

My 8 year old daughter says that 89 is a bigger number than 40. I would be happy to let my daughter teach you arithmetic so you don't look so dumb.

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Michael Sanches said:

I don't understand your math.

He said that Trump would get 90% of his 64 million votes and 50% of Biden's votes for a total of about 89 million votes.

Biden would get 10% of Trump's 64 million votes and 50% of his own 73 million votes for a total of 40 million votes.

You said that Biden's 40 million votes would be victorious over Trumps 89 million votes. 

Would you please explain why you think 40 million is a bigger number than 89 million? 

My 8 year old daughter says that 89 is a bigger number than 40. I would be happy to let my daughter teach you arithmetic so you don't look so dumb.

Look it's quite simple - the thread is about a poll that showed 90% would vote for Trump again - i.e. less votes than the election. I made a silly joke about what that implies - less votes means he would lose again by a bigger margin. Nowhere does the poll suggest Biden would only get 50% of his votes. That was baseless throwaway speculation by the original poster, so why on earth would I have included that in my maths, had I done any?

My three year old daughter has both better reading comprehension and a better sense of humour than you. More polite too. I'd be happy to let her teach you a thing or two. :) My maths keeps me in engineering, thanks. Looking at yours, though, I'm wondering who got the missing 8 million votes in the re-run? I think you should ask your daughter to check your figures - mine isn't quite there yet, although she can count to 10 in three languages which is pretty cool!

Edited by LiamP
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Roch said:

My great great grandfather was Liam which is a derivative of William.  He came to the U.S. in the 1800's from County Cavan. 

OK , Liam if you prefer. 

Yes I prefer my name to something that's not my name :). Liam is a name in its own right ya know - especially on the Emerald Isle! Not so sure about the 1800s though - maybe they were all Williams back then?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, LiamP said:

Yes I prefer my name to something that's not my name :). Liam is a name in its own right ya know - especially on the Emerald Isle! Not so sure about the 1800s though - maybe they were all Williams back then?

Great little side conversation, guys.  I know a few people named "Liam" and hadn't connected it to "William".  :) 

• Like 1

(edited)

40 minutes ago, LiamP said:

C

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

47 minutes ago, LiamP said:

Look it's quite simple - the thread is about a poll that showed 90% would vote for Trump again - i.e. less votes than the election. I made a silly joke about what that implies - less votes means he would lose again by a bigger margin. Nowhere does the poll suggest Biden would only get 50% of his votes. That was baseless throwaway speculation by the original poster, so why on earth would I have included that in my maths, had I done any?

My three year old daughter has both better reading comprehension and a better sense of humour than you. More polite too. I'd be happy to let her teach you a thing or two. :) My maths keeps me in engineering, thanks. Looking at yours, though, I'm wondering who got the missing 8 million votes in the re-run? I think you should ask your daughter to check your figures - mine isn't quite there yet, although she can count to 10 in three languages which is pretty cool!

Careful with that multi language thing...when young its quite easy. Now as one progresses past say 60 things can become confusing. A note here: I was raised on French Norwegian and of course English as the main course...there will come a day when things get a smidge dicey...

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Careful with that multi language thing...when young its quite easy. Now as one progresses past say 60 things can become confusing. A note here: I was raised on French Norwegian and of course English as the main course...there will come a day when things get a smidge dicey...

That's an interesting mix. Hers is English Norwegian and Mandarin! What's your connection to this cold, wet, rocky, but otherwise quite nice place I find myself in?

It amazes me how she picks it all up and sorts it out. I've been here almost 10 years and my Norwegian isn't a patch on hers. I gave up on mandarin long ago after learning a few sentences to be polite to the in laws.

Hmm never thought about old age lol. If I get dementia at least my ramblings will all be one language. For her, she'll be encouraged to play mahjong into her old age like an Asian aunty - they say it keeps the mind sharp. So she might be OK. :)

• Upvote 1

(edited)

On 1/15/2021 at 5:45 PM, LiamP said:

Liam is a shortened version of the name Uilliam, which is the Gaelic Irish version of the name William.

As Eamon = Edward

As Sean = John

William, of course, a common name itself, is made up of two old German elements: willa (“will” or “resolution”) and helma (“helmet”). Put these two together, and you’ve effectively got a word that means “helmet of will” or “guardian”.

Edited by Roch
  • Like 2

On 1/14/2021 at 4:36 AM, Roch said:

Especially Chris Christie a person whom Trump considered a friend , who actually helped Trump to practice for the debates.  What a fair weather friend. What a turncoat.  What a political whore. Good luck Chris.  The Republican base now can't stand you and the Democrat base always hated you.  Go get a few pizzas and eat your sorrows away.  

Thanks for the info!

• Upvote 1