Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guy Daley

Where to invest with red hot inflation

33 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

^

You're right, I don't know much about it and should have kept my mouth shut. Or at least checked to put down the correct figure (which I had just read off the National Debt Calendar on the Internet).  

For the record, I thought the stimulus bill was a travesty due to all that pork. But I'm pretty dumb about that too.

In truth, I'm old, and bored, and enjoy education, which I should obviously get elsewhere. But the fact that I'm old means that I lived through severe inflation. At that time real estate, oil and gold did well and stocks and bonds did poorly. 

I also should have given attribution: It was Liz Ann Sonders, the chief economist for Charles Schwab, who actually said that we have "equities inflation." She's usually pretty accurate.

But it sounds like you've got this one nailed, so I'll just read what you have to say. I'm always eager to learn from the better educated. 

National Debt Calendar?  Maybe you just need to get a new eyeglass prescription because you didn't get that number from ANYWHERE.  

Here is the debt clock website and you can confirm the numbers from Uncle Fraud from their websites.  You want me to provide those as well?  

https://usdebtclock.org/

Why are you assuming that I haven't lived through inflation?  and DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS?  

If LIz Ann Sonders said that we have "equity inflation" then I agree with her, it's because of the expansion of the money supply.  But she only told PART of the story.  There is an ocean of money out there and it flows and ebbs between equities, bonds, cash and foreign currency markets as the big boys try to eek out a profit from the flow of money.  But I'm not a Big Boy trying to run a billion dollar hedge fund.  I'm an individual that is TRYING TO SURVIVE what's going to transpire in this country WHICH IS, inflation, then hyperinflation.  Either you want to survive that scenario OR you can ignore it at your own peril.  

Please note that Venezuela's stock market SOARED before it crashed when their currency became worthless.  Research this if you're interested in learning.  You can't make any money investing in bonds ANY MORE and savers are being punished as you know.  That leaves very little else to invest in.  Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme that government can squash by passing a law.  Gold has it's idiosyncrasies AND historically it was actually banned once from private ownership.  

I simply posted a chart that shows how well various equity sectors performed during an inflationary period and I didn't get ONE SINGLE upvote for the information.  Not ONE.  

On 1/16/2021 at 10:29 PM, Meredith Poor said:

A conversational thread that has the hallmarks of economic illiteracy, not to mention other prejudices.

I pose a question to you below. Depending on how you answer (if you reply at all) I will pose other questions. These questions are designed to paint you into a corner. It will be interesting to see if you take the bait.

What has to happen for the US to 'repay' China for the $1 trillion China has 'loaned' the US by buying Treasury Bills?

Borrow from a the Japanese and do another round of tax cuts for business?

267638FE-43AC-4659-A8FB-E6FC8AAF7B20.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Guy Daley said:

National Debt Calendar?  Maybe you just need to get a new eyeglass prescription because you didn't get that number from ANYWHERE.  

Here is the debt clock website and you can confirm the numbers from Uncle Fraud from their websites.  You want me to provide those as well?  

https://usdebtclock.org/

Why are you assuming that I haven't lived through inflation?  and DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS?  

If LIz Ann Sonders said that we have "equity inflation" then I agree with her, it's because of the expansion of the money supply.  But she only told PART of the story.  There is an ocean of money out there and it flows and ebbs between equities, bonds, cash and foreign currency markets as the big boys try to eek out a profit from the flow of money.  But I'm not a Big Boy trying to run a billion dollar hedge fund.  I'm an individual that is TRYING TO SURVIVE what's going to transpire in this country WHICH IS, inflation, then hyperinflation.  Either you want to survive that scenario OR you can ignore it at your own peril.  

Please note that Venezuela's stock market SOARED before it crashed when their currency became worthless.  Research this if you're interested in learning.  You can't make any money investing in bonds ANY MORE and savers are being punished as you know.  That leaves very little else to invest in.  Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme that government can squash by passing a law.  Gold has it's idiosyncrasies AND historically it was actually banned once from private ownership.  

I simply posted a chart that shows how well various equity sectors performed during an inflationary period and I didn't get ONE SINGLE upvote for the information.  Not ONE.  

Maybe if your personality didn’t come off like single grit sandpaper you may get that upvote that seems so warranted but alludes you.

waltz

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Boat said:

Ah, political lying hit piece graphs... Hate that.   President has ZERO bearing on $$$ spent.  ZERO.  It is all about Congress.  President cannot procure a roll of toilet paper without Congress.  So, post the REAL graph.  When Donkies or Elephants were in charge of Congress...

Only damn thing Congress has slightly done.. .and here I mean SLIGHTLY useful things congress has done in last 10 years is squabble enough to make the graph go flat for small portions.  Then 2020 happened and they have decided they can bend us all over for their pork barrel vote buying schemes without hinderance and call it "COVID" relief...

• Upvote 4

(edited)

6 hours ago, waltz said:

Maybe if your personality didn’t come off like single grit sandpaper you may get that upvote that seems so warranted but alludes you.

waltz

YES VALUABLE INFORMATION UNLESS SUPPLIED WITH A PLEASE AND THANKYOU IS ALL ABOUT PERSONALITY.  SCREW YOU.  

You can stick that upvote where it doesn't shine waltz because the diminutive intellect on this website is not worth my time and it's no wonder it's dominated by a very small number of people.  

Edited by Guy Daley

6 hours ago, Guy Daley said:

It's because you come off as a guy who thinks his stuff doesn't stink, a know-it-all, a hothead, a guy eager to put down someone else. In short, you're not worth the time to write out a damn up-vote. I tried to laugh off your first insult, then you came back up like a goofy jack-in-the-box.

There is a thing called a National Debt Clock, which is sometimes referred to as a calendar . . . for example, January 2021. 

I don't know what you do or where you're from nor do I care. I really just want you to know that you're one obnoxious fellow, and that some day the world at large will let you know that. Until then, enjoy your little sandbox, and make sure to cover up your doo-doo very carefully.

11 minutes ago, Guy Daley said:

YES VALUABLE INFORMATION UNLESS SUPPLIED WITH A PLEASE AND THANKYOU IS ALL ABOUT PERSONALITY.  SCREW YOU.  

You can stick that upvote where it doesn't shine waltz because the diminutive intellect on this website is not worth my time and it's no wonder it's dominated by a very small number of people.  

100% troll. Seems like someone that should be booted.

6 hours ago, Boat said:

If the Japanese have $1 trillion in US T-Bills, how are we going to 'pay them back'? Rather than shifting the debt around from one country to another, the question is what does one do to eliminate the debt completely?

2 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

It's because you come off as a guy who thinks his stuff doesn't stink, a know-it-all, a hothead, a guy eager to put down someone else. In short, you're not worth the time to write out a damn up-vote. I tried to laugh off your first insult, then you came back up like a goofy jack-in-the-box.

There is a thing called a National Debt Clock, which is sometimes referred to as a calendar . . . for example, January 2021. 

I don't know what you do or where you're from nor do I care. I really just want you to know that you're one obnoxious fellow, and that some day the world at large will let you know that. Until then, enjoy your little sandbox, and make sure to cover up your doo-doo very carefully.

If you came off as an idiot and then proved it, it's not my problem, it's yours.  

For someone who claims to know so much about Venezuelan inflation, you clearly missed the part about what the arbitrage move is.

Hint, it starts with borrowing as much as one can when rates are low for the longest term possible.  

(edited)

I think that trading will become even more popular in the future. I started to trade when I graduated the University. I didn't want to work as an accountant or an auditor so I decide to use my knowledge in economics in another domain. I chose to trade because it was something new during that period of time and I thought that it has a big future. A lot of my relatives and friend were saying that I wouldn't make enough money to feed a family in the future. Now almost all of them ask e to help them with trading and give them some forex signals. All I wanted to say is just believe in yourself.

Edited by BrugCorkes