JM

Did I Miss Something?

I thought Oil Price was "The No. 1 Source for Oil & Energy News?  So, I've searched around the news area and there isn't a peep about the Keystone XL Pipeline.  They've got a column on Libya's pipeline, but can't locate anything about the pipelines now being decimated in the U.S.  Maybe it's me, but isn't this news?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JoMack said:

I thought Oil Price was "The No. 1 Source for Oil & Energy News?  So, I've searched around the news area and there isn't a peep about the Keystone XL Pipeline.  They've got a column on Libya's pipeline, but can't locate anything about the pipelines now being decimated in the U.S.  Maybe it's me, but isn't this news?

Keystone is being shut down, one of Bidens first priorities. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tom Nolan said:

Thanks Tom, but why not on this site?  This site should have some info along  with Dakota Access and Line 5 out of Canada shut by Whitmer after 70 years moving crude.  Nothing I see of note about the Atlantic Coast Pipeline by Dominion Energy and Duke Energy just abandoned after doing all of regulatory work, environmental studies, and wham, lawsuit and didn't even break ground and gone.   $17 Billion and 17,000 jobs - poof.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Is Biden using Science or is he "cutting off his nose to spite Trump's face"?  The man is on the loose already and hasn't even stepped into the WH.  Surrounded by National Guard troops, who Senator Cohen from Tennessee believes need to be grilled, in case they're Trump voters, Biden will take his oath of office and swear allegiance to the Constitution of the United States.  You know, "We the People"!  Apparently that is lost on this guy who is, as we know, not all there and being fed his rules and directives by others around him.  To say he believes in Science and will revoke the permit on the XL Pipeline just shows how much he believes in nothing but the talking points of the Paris Climate Accord agreement to take America down the tubes.

XL would move 800,000 barrels of crude from Canada, pick up Bakkan crude, move on to there states and pull in their crude and hook up to Cushing and on to the refineries in Texas. They all scream that it is the biggest environmental disaster ever created, but you have to look at the Alaska pipeline and say "well, what about this pipeline"?  It carries around 1/2 million barrels of crude across Alaska and has had little impact on the environment.  

image.png.1434c49c8a3077a1258c94a9e16e6893.png

• Upvote 7

20 hours ago, JoMack said:

This site is more about oil trading/price and from what I have seen has zero technical expertise about oilfields, oil transportation, or refining.  Since this is the side my servivces business is on... why I read them with a fine tooth brush as frankly it is pretty much just geopolitical news headlines I can't get elsewhere easily. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

2 hours ago, JoMack said:

Is Biden using Science or is he "cutting off his nose to spite Trump's face"?  The man is on the loose already and hasn't even stepped into the WH.  Surrounded by National Guard troops, who Senator Cohen from Tennessee believes need to be grilled, in case they're Trump voters, Biden will take his oath of office and swear allegiance to the Constitution of the United States.  You know, "We the People"!  Apparently that is lost on this guy who is, as we know, not all there and being fed his rules and directives by others around him.  To say he believes in Science and will revoke the permit on the XL Pipeline just shows how much he believes in nothing but the talking points of the Paris Climate Accord agreement to take America down the tubes.

XL would move 800,000 barrels of crude from Canada, pick up Bakkan crude, move on to there states and pull in their crude and hook up to Cushing and on to the refineries in Texas. They all scream that it is the biggest environmental disaster ever created, but you have to look at the Alaska pipeline and say "well, what about this pipeline"?  It carries around 1/2 million barrels of crude across Alaska and has had little impact on the environment.  

image.png.1434c49c8a3077a1258c94a9e16e6893.png

Indeed.  One needn't look far to find a news article or video with Biden or a staffer telling us that he will sign back into the Paris Climate Accord, either on his first day in office or soon thereafter, and etc. etc. etc.  All appear to be negative to the Oil & Gas Industry.

Your photo above is great.  Building bridges for the bears is above and beyond environmental work, IMHO.  And those bears seem to appreciate the (presumably?) heated pipes under their paws for their commute.

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

On 1/18/2021 at 12:57 PM, JoMack said:

I was just waiting for BIden to do it. It is bad for Canada, I am not feeling fond of Canada right now because they haven't built their own pipelines and are generally left wing. It seems that higher prices will help American oil right now. Am I wrong? I support all pipelines, especially natural gas. 

https://canadafreepress.com/article/oklahoma-and-texas-rank-far-more-attractive-for-oil-and-gas-investment-than

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I was just waiting for BIden to do it. It is bad for Canada, I am not feeling fond of Canada right now because they haven't built their own pipelines and are generally left wing. It seems that higher prices will help American oil right now. Am I wrong? I support all pipelines, especially natural gas. 

https://canadafreepress.com/article/oklahoma-and-texas-rank-far-more-attractive-for-oil-and-gas-investment-than

Apparently the trans mountain expansion is being built.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

This site is more about oil trading/price and from what I have seen has zero technical expertise about oilfields, oil transportation, or refining.  Since this is the side my servivces business is on... why I read them with a fine tooth brush as frankly it is pretty much just geopolitical news headlines I can't get elsewhere easily. 

You're absolutely right, I'm not a trader. But, being in the oil industry, I find it puzzling that, as a trader, you don't think the XL Pipeline is a story worth noting on this site.  So, I found it interesting, since we consume 19 million bbls of oil a day, produce 13 million bbls a day (or did before COVID-19 - EIA now says 11 million /d). We also export 300,000 bbls of sweet crude.  

The shut down of XL would be a sustainable movement of 800,000 bbls of crude to Cushing and Texas, which, in the alternative would take 4,534 tanker trucks moving across the country for delivery.  Plus another 500,000 bbls is shut down from Whitmer's refusal to permit the Line 5 line which has been moving crude for 70 years.  Dakota Access Pipeline might also be shut down after 3 years moving 400,000 bbls.  As a side note, Biden's Interior Secretary will not issue driving permits on federal lands (offshore and onshore).  So, I thought I'd look at the site again "with a fine tooth brush" as you said and voila, there it was.

"Developer:  Keystone XL Pipeline Could be Emission-Free/ Oilprice.com.

So, just thought I'd let you know. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, JoMack said:

You're absolutely right, I'm not a trader. But, being in the oil industry, I find it puzzling that, as a trader, you don't think the XL Pipeline is a story worth noting on this site. 

You have an idiot populace that has voted for abject anti science stupidity.  What more needs to be said?  They have decided to commit suicide and take the rest of us with them.  At which point there really are only 2 options. I'll let you figure out which 2 they are.  I suppose there is a cowardly 3rd & 4th option...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

You have an idiot populace that has voted for abject anti science stupidity.  What more needs to be said?  They have decided to commit suicide and take the rest of us with them.  At which point there really are only 2 options. I'll let you figure out which 2 they are.  I suppose there is a cowardly 3rd & 4th option...

I agree with that completely.  But, I have to point out that right now, more than 70% of the voting public is saying "no way this guy got 11 million more votes than Obama".  So, most of the country believes the election was stolen by the left, in 5 cities, in 5 swing states, where mail-in votes were treated like junk mail.  The Republicans in office are weak and afraid.  I'm a member of the Republican Party and belong to our local committee.  We are actively looking for candidates.  I'm in a major oil producing state with strong feelings about the Second Amendment.  We may not be in D.C., but local government is where the groundwork is laid.  So, by the time Biden does too much Fk ng damage, we'll stop him with the House in Republican hands in 2022.  BTW, he's going to get a lot of  pushback from NM, where a good portion of the Permian Basin is located on federal lands.  NM may stand in Biden's way on preventing new drilling since the state is run by another whack job Democrat, Grisham, who Biden loves.  So, hopefully we will survive under Biden, but I do worry about all his advisers, especially his wife - who, I believe,  is going to be very dangerous.

• Like 5

Here's something that I just can't reconcile in my mind and maybe someone can comment on it.  It's true that there are environmental consequences that come with the construction of a pipeline.  No one in their right mind can argue that.  However, the oil is still in demand and it will go out.  It's still needed around the world for many years to come.  How is it safer or better for the environment to ship crude by rail or truck?  Isn't the pipeline the safer option if these groups are actually concerned for the environment?

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, UNC12345 said:

Here's something that I just can't reconcile in my mind and maybe someone can comment on it.  It's true that there are environmental consequences that come with the construction of a pipeline.  No one in their right mind can argue that.  However, the oil is still in demand and it will go out.  It's still needed around the world for many years to come.  How is it safer or better for the environment to ship crude by rail or truck?  Isn't the pipeline the safer option if these groups are actually concerned for the environment?

What is more idiotic: Even if the world gets its power from Wind/solar(assuming this is even possible) you STILL need the pipelines for Hydrogen, Diesel, Kerosene, naptha, etc as those products are going NOWHERE and they have no replacement.  Even if they are "biodiesel" etc. 

There is no battery in this world, even if it had 5X the energy density of the best today which can pull a 24 row planter at 10mph all day long in field conditions far from a source of power. 

• Upvote 5

(edited)

34 minutes ago, JoMack said:

I agree with that completely.  But, I have to point out that right now, more than 70% of the voting public is saying "no way this guy got 11 million more votes than Obama".  So, most of the country believes the election was stolen by the left, in 5 cities, in 5 swing states, where mail-in votes were treated like junk mail.  The Republicans in office are weak and afraid.  I'm a member of the Republican Party and belong to our local committee.  We are actively looking for candidates.

You can look for candidates all you want, but until and unless the 1974 "campaign finance reform" bill is repealed limiting a single person donation to less than ?$2500  it does not matter as no candidate can possibly raise enough $$$ to run for office at the local level due to said limitation.  Therefore whoever unelected head of the DNC/RNC who are in debt(literally) to wall street banks, and have MASSIVE multistate international multi million USD donors who can give $2500*number of states*number of people running per state, are the ONLY people who say who can and who cannot run for office. 

You can have the best candidates in the world, honest etc, but there is no way in this world you can effectively get ENOUGH of said people into office as the FEDERAL RNC/DNC hold ALL the $$$.   You might get 1 or maybe 2 per state, but who cares?  You need a hundred per state if not more all with capital raised localy who do NOT have to beg the Federal RNC/DNC.  This creates representatives beholden to LOCAL voters and NOT the RNC/DNC federal indebted wall street kow towing multinational bribsters. 

Will there still be the possibility of local corruption without that law?  Sure.  But the corruption will be contained LOCALLY.  When you only have to corrupt the Federal level for complete control that is far easier to do than at 50 individual state levels.  And 49 states can see one state as being corrupt and do something about it.  It is auto correcting, or at least partially so. 

By getting rid of this absurd anti freedom of speech law passed in 1974, of muzzling the local votors, local politics will matter once again.  Local news will matter once again, instead of everyone being beholden to DC. 

EDIT: PS Must get rid of DNC/RNC/Libertarian/Green ability to BORROW money.  Having an unelected bankster tell a political party what they can and cannot do is pure stupidity. 

Edited by footeab@yahoo.com
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JoMack said:

I agree with that completely.  But, I have to point out that right now, more than 70% of the voting public is saying "no way this guy got 11 million more votes than Obama".  So, most of the country believes the election was stolen by the left, in 5 cities, in 5 swing states, where mail-in votes were treated like junk mail.  The Republicans in office are weak and afraid.  I'm a member of the Republican Party and belong to our local committee.  We are actively looking for candidates.  I'm in a major oil producing state with strong feelings about the Second Amendment.  We may not be in D.C., but local government is where the groundwork is laid.  So, by the time Biden does too much Fk ng damage, we'll stop him with the House in Republican hands in 2022.  BTW, he's going to get a lot of  pushback from NM, where a good portion of the Permian Basin is located on federal lands.  NM may stand in Biden's way on preventing new drilling since the state is run by another whack job Democrat, Grisham, who Biden loves.  So, hopefully we will survive under Biden, but I do worry about all his advisers, especially his wife - who, I believe,  is going to be very dangerous.

I wouldn't worry too much about Dr. Jill.  Did you notice The Wizard out on the inauguration stage today?  I imagine he'll be pulling the strings/ropes/levers more than anyone else.  Dr. Jill will make sure Old Joe is up and at 'em at the right times of day, and another doctor will make sure he has the right meds.

Hillary?  I'll take bets on whether or not she gets back in on the action with regards to health care once again.  I'm with Dr. @Gerry Maddoux on national healthcare and say I believe the U.S. should have national healthcare, hopefully in a way that satisfies the vast majority of Americans more than ANY attempt so far.  ANYONE who has been affected with major health care issues (cancer, etc.) can attest to the huge burden, in many cases resulting in family bankruptcy, it puts upon the patients and their families.  Not sure Hillary is the one to make it happen.  Not sure anyone can find an acceptable system in the eyes of the majority of the American public, but I remain hopeful that we can get it done, put it in place, and bring stability and a WHOLE lot LESS pain to the experience.

Changes to oil and gas, climate cults club membership (with all the wonderful dues to pay), foreign wars AND treaties with ayatollahs, and getting back into bed with China (fire up Air Force 2, Hunter!  The girls are waiting and they have your favorite candy!) to name just a few.  It won't be all bad; it won't be all good.  The world keeps turning, life goes on.

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

On 1/18/2021 at 2:28 PM, JoMack said:

Thanks Tom, but why not on this site?  This site should have some info along  with Dakota Access and Line 5 out of Canada shut by Whitmer after 70 years moving crude.  Nothing I see of note about the Atlantic Coast Pipeline by Dominion Energy and Duke Energy just abandoned after doing all of regulatory work, environmental studies, and wham, lawsuit and didn't even break ground and gone.   $17 Billion and 17,000 jobs - poof.

line5 seems to be political anathema to most michiganders in the western half of the state, particularly those near the water.

I wish the  unitary branch had less power than they do, but we'd have to bo back to a much more rigorous bi partisan congress than we have now where upon so many executive orders didn't have to be signed. Instead people call them perjuractive like terms "Dinos" and "Winos" instead. This is a non-sequier anyways because the platform changes all the time anyways, while people on average, may not even fit very cleanly to what a politican party stand for in a given moment in time. Just look at Jeff Blake and Paul Wellstone in the 1990s. They were pretty much at the opposites of their parties, but they both stood for good goverance above all, and anti-earmark regislation followed suit.

Edited by surrept33
  • Like 1

Along with the Keystone XL Pipeline, Biden halted all oil and gas leasing on federal lands for 60 days.  He's getting his crushing policies together so they'll be ready when DOI nominee Haaland is confirmed.  Haaland, the enemy of oil, gas, coal and any other energy source that might be considered reliable and made in America.  Green New Deal on steroids will be in the works immediately.

• Upvote 1

Our international competitors will be laughing their asses off. 

• Like 1