Dan Warnick

Joe Biden's Presidency

(edited)

Israel, Palestinian militants on brink of war, exchanging rocket volleys, bombs

https://www.smh.com.au/world/middle-east/israel-diverts-flight-from-ben-gurion-amid-rocket-volleys-biden-weighs-in-20210513-p57rhm.html

More than 80% of gas stations in DC are out of gas

I cannot grasp who this admin represents Carter 2.0 or Obama 3.0

How much more can this country withstand...Who could support such maddness....

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1

(edited)

Uh ohh looks like Corporate America is kicking good ol'e country Joe and the "Awoken" crowd to curb...Imagine that. 

Tax the rich? Executives predict Biden’s big plans will flop

Corporate executives and lobbyists say they are confident they can kill almost all of these tax hikes by pressuring moderate Democrats in the House and Senate.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/16/biden-tax-plan-executives-488887

Corporate America puts its money on Biden and the Democrats

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/10/22/elec-o22.html

Why Biden Is Rejecting Black Lives Matter's Boldest Proposals

Activists want to defund the police. Biden won’t even legalize pot.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/06/26/joe-biden-refuses-get-woke-will-the-democratic-base-still-embrace-him-340753

Nice crowd...have you ever wondered who is schooling who?

How Black Americans saved Biden and American democracy

Rashawn RayTuesday, November 24

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/how-we-rise/2020/11/24/how-black-americans-saved-biden-and-american-democracy/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

6 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

The crisis is in Washington’: Overwhelmed border officials urge D.C. to act

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/20/us-mexico-border-immigration-crisis-477277

Biden's progressive liberal policies are tearing the US fabric of society apart.

There is change going on, as there has been since 1776.

The nation is becoming more diverse, as it always has.

The nation is becoming more secular, which the Founding Fathers recognized as a necessity from the beginning.

The nation is also becoming more politically involved.

The Republican party is being shattered, as political parties are very apt to do.

If we don't embrace these inevitable changes, then the USA may be in trouble, but the USA has almost continually been "in trouble" since it's founding.   The nation requires consistency, but THRIVES on controversy, as it has since it's founding

Time and time again, those that resist change are left behind, and can be considered losers.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, turbguy said:

The nation is becoming more secular, which the Founding Fathers recognized as a necessity from the beginning.

The Republican party is being shattered, as political parties are very apt to do.

If we don't embrace these inevitable changes, then the USA may be in trouble, but the USA has almost continually been "in trouble" since it's founding.   The nation requires consistency, but THRIVES on controversy, as it has since it's founding

Time and time again, those that resist change are left behind, and can be considered losers.

Turb oldman, the constitution was written under Christian Judeal priciples. Why do you think we have some much tolerance? 

Ive been remodeling the shop today and a bit fatigued, so I will post you some food for thought. The only part of Christianity I have issues with would Having Faith. Just why free will was granted and having faith does bring conflicts lol make no mistake. There have been many times ive muttered 

But for only the grace of God you go..shameful yes. Such is Life.

The US constitution is based on Judeo-Christian values, what does Judeo-Christian mean and where does it come from?

It has many roots, but let me give you just one, in my mind, one of the most compelling.

As societies form they look to erect government for mutual protection. Not surprisingly, they look for the people to be of the same mind on certain governing principles.

In the beginning religion was the most powerful explanation of powerful forces of nature. So not coincidentally, religion took a central role in the formation of government. That is true in Islam today, with Sharia law guiding personal conduct, finance and societal rules.

https://www.quora.com/The-US-constitution-is-based-on-Judeo-Christian-values-what-does-Judeo-Christian-mean-and-where-does-it-come-from

1 hour ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Turb oldman, the constitution was written under Christian Judeal priciples. Why do you think we have some much tolerance? 

Ive been remodeling the shop today and a bit fatigued, so I will post you some food for thought. The only part of Christianity I have issues with would Having Faith. Just why free will was granted and having faith does bring conflicts lol make no mistake. There have been many times ive muttered 

The US constitution is based on Judeo-Christian values, what does Judeo-Christian mean and where does it come from?

It has many roots, but let me give you just one, in my mind, one of the most compelling.

As societies form they look to erect government for mutual protection. Not surprisingly, they look for the people to be of the same mind on certain governing principles.

In the beginning religion was the most powerful explanation of powerful forces of nature. So not coincidentally, religion took a central role in the formation of government. That is true in Islam today, with Sharia law guiding personal conduct, finance and societal rules.

https://www.quora.com/The-US-constitution-is-based-on-Judeo-Christian-values-what-does-Judeo-Christian-mean-and-where-does-it-come-from

Keep in mind that there was plenty of enlightenment era/age of reason deists back then: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deists

Not as much as in the French Revolution, because the monarchy drew so much power from the Divine Right of Kings, but still: https://www.gouvernement.fr/en/secularism-and-religious-freedom 

2125250537_ScreenShot2021-05-17at2_00_05AM.png.402d3741fe8289708d2785bdf2264e7f.png

17 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

For conservatives from Bannon to Kasich to Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), the term is a description of American society. ­

"Judeo-Christian" is vague, historically flawed and even inflammatory. Opposing views reveal a deep divide in American society and show very different fundamental political beliefs.

It's a "term" defined by exclusion, often used to reject secular values and Muslims.

It says our values are not the values of the Constitution, but instead our values are the values of the Bible.

Not to say the Constitution does not reflect the principles of democracy, which comes from the biblical principle that everybody is created equal. 

Our founding documents are more a source for interfaith dialogue.

I do not see a single mention of any religious tradition in our founding documents. Perhaps you do.

I believe the Founding Fathers were interested in starting a society that was based on law, not "faith.”

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, turbguy said:

It's a "term" defined by exclusion, often used to reject secular values and Muslims

Do explain in some detail if you are capable,personally I find that extraordinary.

(edited)

I just get nervous when a Christian sees Trump at the right hand of God. Yet no one can produce that god. I get nervous when a Muslim, Jew or Christian thinks an individual belief supersedes the rule of law which continually keeps evolving. Religion doesn’t support much evolving. Point their bodies in any preselected direction with murmur, chanting and extreme emotion is also troubling. Christens have so much in common with Muslims. Spread the seed and control the world. Comprised systems of governance like Democracy or Republic be dammed. There is nothing but my way or the high way with these huge religious cults. And you wonder why all systems of government have trouble. There is no we’re in this all together. 

Edited by Boat

21 hours ago, turbguy said:

I believe the Founding Fathers were interested in starting a society that was based on law, not "faith.”

I lot of the move to the "new world" was to seek religious freedom.

Christians can not even get along with each other... how many schisms thus far?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members

How far will phone cameras have to advance to get a picture of God or an alien. Will the Google translator work with better satellites, Those that are a little more pragmatic and harbor lower levels of belief wanna know. It’s not so much us woke are non believers or capable of becoming believers. We just wanna see that pic.

(edited)

14 minutes ago, Boat said:

Religion doesn’t support much evolving.

Compare biology and religious evolution plots - very similar.

evolution of religeon.jpg

Phyletic-family-tree-fishes.jpg

Edited by -trance

2 hours ago, -trance said:

Compare biology and religious evolution plots - very similar.

evolution of religeon.jpg

Phyletic-family-tree-fishes.jpg

How the "minds of men" force the breaking into smaller groupings.

Almost "godlike", no?

2 hours ago, -trance said:

I lot of the move to the "new world" was to seek religious freedom.

Christians can not even get along with each other... how many schisms thus far?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members

Very true. And those moves succeeded!

And a lot of that "move" was not to seek that freedom.  Instead it was to take advantage of "free land" and really cheap labor.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Do explain in some detail if you are capable,personally I find that extraordinary.

Think about it...

19 minutes ago, turbguy said:

And a lot of that "move" was not to seek that freedom.  Instead it was to take advantage of "free land" and really cheap labor.

Also to deport less desirable people (indentured servants).

(edited)

1 hour ago, turbguy said:

Think about it...

There is no need to think about it, i would like to see your thoughts on such a statement. Or are you merely running off the cuff?

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

2 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

There is no need to think about it, i would like to see your thoughts on such a statement. Or are you merely running off the cuff?

I can begin with feminist exclusion.

I can continue with racial exclusion.

I can continue with sexual exclusion.

And of all things, I can complete it with religious exclusion.

Think about it.

BTW, "Judeo-Christian" tradition is a somewhat recent concept.  It was never expressed by the Founding Fathers.

(edited)

17 hours ago, turbguy said:

I can begin with feminist exclusion.

I can continue with racial exclusion.

I can continue with sexual exclusion.

And of all things, I can complete it with religious exclusion.

Think about it.

BTW, "Judeo-Christian" tradition is a somewhat recent concept.  It was never expressed by the Founding Fathers.

First a question, do you have a 8th grade education...high school diploma..maybe a liberal arts degree? I asking these questions to arrive at some understanding of your depth and interpretation constitution?

As of now your issues are vast, yet you point to no spefic examples...just unfounded statements....Perhaps a foundation to your backround that allows you to make such intellectual statements.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

19 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

First a question, do you have a 8th grade education...high school diploma..maybe a liberal arts degree? I asking these questions to arrive at some understanding of your depth and interpretation constitution?

As of now your issues are vast, yet you point to no spefic examples...just unfounded statements....Perhaps a foundation to your backround that allows you to make such intellectual statements.

Think about it.

Just now, turbguy said:

Think about it.

Actually i expected more from you...think about it.

(edited)

18 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Actually i expected more from you...think about it.

The U.S. Constitution purported to "secure the blessings of liberty" to the American people.

These rights and liberties, however, were meant only for white men of property.

The Founding Fathers never imagined that women, African Americans (both slave and free), or men without property could be the equal of the propertied white men entrusted with participation in the vote.

Nonwhite men who were of other than African descent were also excluded, as Congress had stipulated in the Naturalization Act of 1790.

Only "free white persons" could become citizens.

The vast majority of white males who became naturalized citizens between 1830 and 1860 enjoyed manhood suffrage and other rights denied to native-born nonwhites.

Judeo-Christian?

Think about it...

Edited by turbguy

(edited)

07400706.tifHave a read.

The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, ratified in 1868, granted citizenship to all persons born or naturalized in the United States—including former enslaved people—and guaranteed all citizens “equal protection of the laws.” One of three amendments passed during the Reconstruction era to abolish slavery and establish civil and legal rights for Black Americans, it would become the basis for many landmark Supreme Court decisions over the years.

In its later sections, the 14th Amendment authorized the federal government to punish states that violated or abridged their citizens’ right to vote by proportionally reducing the states’ representation in Congress, and mandated that anyone who “engaged in insurrection” against the United States could not hold civil, military or elected office (without the approval of two-thirds of the House and Senate).

It also upheld the national debt, but exempted federal and state governments from paying any debts incurred by the former Confederate states.

07400706.gif

07400706.tif

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

On 5/17/2021 at 12:17 AM, turbguy said:

Amen, brother. Time to get straightened out on climate change before the dam breaks.

On 5/18/2021 at 4:07 PM, Boat said:

I just get nervous when a Christian sees Trump at the right hand of God. Yet no one can produce that god. I get nervous when a Muslim, Jew or Christian thinks an individual belief supersedes the rule of law which continually keeps evolving. Religion doesn’t support much evolving. Point their bodies in any preselected direction with murmur, chanting and extreme emotion is also troubling. Christens have so much in common with Muslims. Spread the seed and control the world. Comprised systems of governance like Democracy or Republic be dammed. There is nothing but my way or the high way with these huge religious cults. And you wonder why all systems of government have trouble. There is no we’re in this all together. 

The framers of the Constitution in their wisdom arranged for freedom of religious thought and freedom of  religious association.