DR

The Debate Starts : Remake Republican Party vs. Third Party

(edited)

What say you ?

The recent Republican Party confab in Florida last week showed a split party.  This was represented by the speeches of two 2024 presidential candidate hopefuls Nikki Haley and Kristi Neom..  Nikki Haley criticized Trump whereas Kristi Noem heralded the Trump Administration accomplishes.

In the name of Full Disclosure I am registered Unaffiliated or as some call Independent.  I have voted for both Democrats and Republicans in the past.  However , I don't think there is a Democrat out there today that I could vote for.

I'm inclined to vote for a third Party.  Leave the Republican Party to Mitch McConnell , Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney , Murkowski and the Lincoln Project.

Your thoughts and comments are welcomed .

Edited by Roch
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Roch said:

I'm inclined to vote for a third Party.

A third party hosted by Russia's Parler messaging service, from the sound of it.

• Haha 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

30 minutes ago, Meredith Poor said:

A third party hosted by Russia's Parler messaging service, from the sound of it.

Mere

You are so clever.  Cant stop laughing.

You are starting to sound like that bitter sour grapes failed candidate Hillary Clinton.  Hillary lost twice , first in the primary , then in the election. HILLARY LOST TO DONALD TRUMP !  LOL   

By the way are you still hating on double amputee Rep Brian Mast ?  Have you apologized for your vile comments ?

Edited by Roch
  • Like 3

(edited)

26 minutes ago, Roch said:

What say you ?

The recent Republican Party confab in Florida last week showed a split party.  This was represented by the speeches of two 2024 presidential candidate hopefuls Nikki Haley and Kristi Neom..  Nikki Haley criticized Trump whereas Kristi Noem didn't. 

In the name of Full Disclosure I am registered Unaffiliated or as some call Independent.  I have voted for both Democrats and Republicans in the past.  However , I don't think there is a Democrat out there today that I could vote for.

I'm inclined to vote for a third Party.  Leave the Republican Party to Mitch McConnell , Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney and the Lincoln Project.

Your thoughts and comments are welcomed .

Agreed this will be quite a moment of reality for Cheney, she is not her father, this is not the 60's...that time has come and gone.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/534897-wyoming-county-votes-to-censure-liz-cheney-for-trump-impeachment-vote

Wyoming county votes to censure Liz Cheney for Trump impeachment vote

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

I suspect the Republicans will have to defenestrate the Trumpian xenophobia and be a larger tent party (this is more or less their gameplan after 2012) to be competitive with various demographics.  Luckily, parties are just labels for organizing people, the Republicans will be back sort of like after Watergate, but it's pretty silly especially in 2020 to have loyalty to one person - just replace him w/ someone else who will go viral? maybe trump was the first real social media age politician, at least in the United States, but perhaps the incentives were set perversely for the social media networks to "recommend" content that would maximize net churn rate rather than inclusion of other factors to prevent too strong "in group/out group"-type of social dynamics (it's weird than this type of divisive politics had basically turned up /everywhere/?). It's good that more recently, they've tried to modify things such that there is a bound diversity of sentiment per-eye ball (this is usually adding something that is like an information entropy).

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

I think the Republican establishment mistook Trump for having ridden into power on their party's force, rather than having retained their power because of Trump. They are entirely off. Trump has become the Republican party and he should continue within it and have his people barge into the RNC and reconfigure it and remove the entirety of the old guard as well as the machine politicians from McConnel on down to the house reps governors and leaders in the state legislatures. Nobody who was fighting against Trump should pass a primary. 

That means the Trumpists need to create an actual movement of activists focused not on the person per se but the aggregate of the ideas he promoted and put forward. These principles of constitutionality and free market economics and helpful rather than burdensome government. 

I don't know if the Republican leadership will survive past this week as viable politicians. If the Q story carries any water and the physical evidence is that it is being implemented but the media is not reporting it. The military activity in DC is looking more like a buildout of a jail for the government and its officials. It appears to have the security access on the outside (bolts) and intrusion obstacles on the inside as you do in a jail fence with the barbed wire on the inside. The basic Q concept is that the US in its corporate form is gone and its new form is a resumption of the constitutional republic, which currently has no officers, as the last election was to populate the corporate positions. Thus the military is faced with having no civilian oversight in authority over it. In addition, they have at hand evidence of the differences between the votes as cast and the election counts giving no legitimate branch of either the executive or legislative of either house. They have a broad number of officials at all levels being subverted by China and corporate interests related to it, and the new left radical movements that China has sponsored, which act outside the law in violence, bullying and intimidation.

While the military does have Trump as the continuity factor for civilian oversight, it has to make the distinction that a foreign infiltrated election had occurred, Thus nullifying it entirely, leaving the incumbent president in office. The spook rumor mill indicates that 3 consultations on the matter were made. with the Supreme ct. justices. 

I am not clear that the Republican party can survive Biden at all. The cancel culture left is making the Republican party impossible as an institution. The Dem/liberal insistence that all must be viewed via race and gender means that the basic Republican and Trump principle enshrined in the constitution of equality before the law is incompatible with Dems and their progressive movement, which is race/gender tribal primitivism, and thus incompatible with any concepts of equality. It is only compatible with fascism. . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

12 hours ago, Roch said:

You are starting to sound like that bitter sour grapes failed candidate Hillary Clinton.  Hillary lost twice , first in the primary , then in the election. HILLARY LOST TO DONALD TRUMP !  LOL   

Left wing rhetoric focuses on 'the way the poor are exploited' and the elites (usually industrialists, bankers, or politicians) 'stealing from the workers'. The 'downtrodden' need to be 'saved' from the rich by someone that can rule by decree. Venezuela is Exhibit A. Cuba is an example of a country that has worked this way for a long time.

Right wing rhetoric focuses on 'morals', 'foreigners undermining domestic institutions', foreigners 'stealing jobs', immigrants 'bumming off welfare', 'violent religious sects promoting terrorism', and 'welfare cheats'. 'These people' need to be 'contained' or 'run off' or 'prohibited from entry', even if (or in particular if) they are refugees from ghastly failed states. The only people that should be allowed to vote are those with a 'stake in the system' such as property owners or business owners. Everyone else should be disenfranchised.

Neither of these has much use for pluralistic representative political systems. These are 'inefficient' and are run by 'corrupt politicians and officials'. None of these people 'know anything' so it's time to replace them with people that 'know exactly what to do'. Usually 'what to do' means 'rounding up the usual suspects': mass incarceration, slave labor, separating kids from their 'undesirable' parents so that they can be 'integrated into mainstream society' and in the most extreme cases, mass execution.

The first prong in a power-concentration strategy is to gain control of media, using propaganda that reinforces and, if possible, amplifies existing prejudices. One objective is to drive off those people who tend to be concerned enough about their communities to participate in local politics - the best way to silence these actors is by hinting at violent consequences for those that 'rock the boat'.

I could go on, but I'll leave it at this for the moment.

• Like 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

12 hours ago, Roch said:

By the way are you still hating on double amputee Rep Brian Mast ?  Have you apologized for your vile comments ?

I have no idea who Brian Mast is. I have no idea what I would apologize for. Someone set up an interview designed to yank on people's chains. The amount of effort you're investing in this suggests you're being paid. What is it you do for a living?

1 hour ago, Meredith Poor said:

Left wing rhetoric focuses on 'the way the poor are exploited' and the elites (usually industrialists, bankers, or politicians) 'stealing from the workers'. The 'downtrodden' need to be 'saved' from the rich by someone that can rule by decree. Venezuela is Exhibit A. Cuba is an example of a country that has worked this way for a long time.

Right wing rhetoric focuses on 'morals', 'foreigners undermining domestic institutions', foreigners 'stealing jobs', immigrants 'bumming off welfare', 'violent religious sects promoting terrorism', and 'welfare cheats'. 'These people' need to be 'contained' or 'run off' or 'prohibited from entry', even if (or in particular if) they are refugees from ghastly failed states. The only people that should be allowed to vote are those with a 'stake in the system' such as property owners or business owners. Everyone else should be disenfranchised.

Neither of these has much use for pluralistic representative political systems. These are 'inefficient' and are run by 'corrupt politicians and officials'. None of these people 'know anything' so it's time to replace them with people that 'know exactly what to do'. Usually 'what to do' means 'rounding up the usual suspects': mass incarceration, slave labor, separating kids from their 'undesirable' parents so that they can be 'integrated into mainstream society' and in the most extreme cases, mass execution.

The first prong in a power-concentration strategy is to gain control of media, using propaganda that reinforces and, if possible, amplifies existing prejudices. One objective is to drive off those people who tend to be concerned enough about their communities to participate in local politics - the best way to silence these actors is by hinting at violent consequences for those that 'rock the boat'.

I could go on, but I'll leave it at this for the moment.

You started off well, then went off the rails. You sure expended about lot of straw building those straw men. 

Bottom line, there's only a UniParty in this country as was amply demonstrated by recent events. Both are part of the kleptocracy and Trump pointed a big spotlight at it. 

The OP discussed building a third party. You'll recall during the debates there was a loyalty oath all the candidates (but it was obviously aimed only at Trump) swore to that they wouldn't form an independent party. Trump agreed and the backstabbing began. It never stopped, McConnell needed Trump to get elected but once safely ensconced for another 6 years, pulled out his Brutus knife and buried it to the hilt in his benefactor. 

Should Trump start a new party? Absolutely, but it's moot now that fraudulent machines control elections. I've posted videos of campaign workers running the same stack of ballots again and again in the dead of night, and the useful idiots here just yawn. We're already Venezuela. The only difference is our population has more guns, but they're in rural hands and disorganized. There was a splinter militia in Montana that famously had more undercover federal agents in it than civilians. The guns won't do a lot of good until Mad Max time happens, which will be sooner than you think (BTW the first movie was set in 2021). 

I'll just leave this here

338B81E7-A8BD-4F59-B087-431C173EE382.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

52 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

You started off well, then went off the rails.

At what point?

(edited)

IMHO,  Trump's best to join Libertarians' Party.  He got the frame and the party need attention. I don't know much but I have a coworker who is a nice guy supporting Jo-Jorgensen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo_Jorgensen_2020_presidential_campaign

I do some research about their ideology

As Gary Johnson saw it, the Libertarian Party is more culturally liberal than the Democratic Party yet more fiscally conservative than the Republican Party.  Their overriding willingness to legalize same-sex marriages, end capital punishment, and end prohibition of illegal drugs place them closer to the Democrats. Yet, the party maintains positions of lowering taxes, closing down the IRS, and ending the concept of a welfare state, just like the most hardcore Republicans. Perhaps, optimistically, we can see this as embodying the best of both worlds.

https://liberlandpress.com/2020/03/20/are-libertarians-more-like-democrats-or-republicans/

Ideally they would have a flag for no congressman can have more than 2 terms. And the minimum age to be a politician should be 40 so he/she have to prove themselves first. 

But if US don't have any rule to prevent double standard of censorship from big cloud tech providers to beat fb and twitter, it would be hard to communicate with the audiences. Freedom of Speech is above anything for a democracy world.

Dem wouldn't touch their pillars. And most of GOP politicians and 2 Bush are responsible for Dem position right now. . 

Edited by SUZNV
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Meredith Poor said:

I have no idea who Brian Mast is. I have no idea what I would apologize for. Someone set up an interview designed to yank on people's chains. The amount of effort you're investing in this suggests you're being paid. What is it you do for a living?

Baby sitter.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, 0R0 said:

I think the Republican establishment mistook Trump for having ridden into power on their party's force, rather than having retained their power because of Trump. They are entirely off. Trump has become the Republican party and he should continue within it and have his people barge into the RNC and reconfigure it and remove the entirety of the old guard as well as the machine politicians from McConnel on down to the house reps governors and leaders in the state legislatures. Nobody who was fighting against Trump should pass a primary. 

That means the Trumpists need to create an actual movement of activists focused not on the person per se but the aggregate of the ideas he promoted and put forward. These principles of constitutionality and free market economics and helpful rather than burdensome government. 

I don't know if the Republican leadership will survive past this week as viable politicians. If the Q story carries any water and the physical evidence is that it is being implemented but the media is not reporting it. The military activity in DC is looking more like a buildout of a jail for the government and its officials. It appears to have the security access on the outside (bolts) and intrusion obstacles on the inside as you do in a jail fence with the barbed wire on the inside. The basic Q concept is that the US in its corporate form is gone and its new form is a resumption of the constitutional republic, which currently has no officers, as the last election was to populate the corporate positions. Thus the military is faced with having no civilian oversight in authority over it. In addition, they have at hand evidence of the differences between the votes as cast and the election counts giving no legitimate branch of either the executive or legislative of either house. They have a broad number of officials at all levels being subverted by China and corporate interests related to it, and the new left radical movements that China has sponsored, which act outside the law in violence, bullying and intimidation.

While the military does have Trump as the continuity factor for civilian oversight, it has to make the distinction that a foreign infiltrated election had occurred, Thus nullifying it entirely, leaving the incumbent president in office. The spook rumor mill indicates that 3 consultations on the matter were made. with the Supreme ct. justices. 

I am not clear that the Republican party can survive Biden at all. The cancel culture left is making the Republican party impossible as an institution. The Dem/liberal insistence that all must be viewed via race and gender means that the basic Republican and Trump principle enshrined in the constitution of equality before the law is incompatible with Dems and their progressive movement, which is race/gender tribal primitivism, and thus incompatible with any concepts of equality. It is only compatible with fascism. . 

Obviously, the whole qanon thing was started @ 4chan (or any derivation of that site, so I would give it almost no chance of not being a meme): https://www.bellingcat.com/news/americas/2021/01/07/the-making-of-qanon-a-crowdsourced-conspiracy/

^- seems mostly accurate, especially the LARPing. 

(edited)

What Trump accomplishments? COVID is raging, econ is in gutter, manufacturing is meh, farmers are poorer, China won huge propaganda victories over the last 4 years, oil stocks took a dive, and federal deficit and debt are at all time highs.  

The only accomplishments I can think of is that large corporations (especially tech companies) and anyone who owns IRAs/ stocks (aka rich people) are doing great! 

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Rolling Eye 1

THIRD PARTY!!!!!!!!!!! The current party’s makeup is nothing but swamp RINO’s

• Like 2

Just how big is Trump nation?

"Getting rid of Trump is the easy part, cleansing the movement he commands is going to be something else."
— ABC News Political Director Rick Klein, in a tweet he later deleted.

Which really, really says it all. Everyone joined to attack Trump not because of who he was, but because of what he represents. He's the first "politician" (and let's face it, he was never a politician) in living memory to make promises to the American people, then deliver on those promises, even against full throated opposition from all quarters. He kept saying to the American public, "they're after you I'm just in the way". Does a single person reading this believe Biden is going to protect you? From anything? 

• Upvote 1

Meanwhile, 95,000 people were in Florida to see Trump off, while less than 2000 were there for Sleepy Joe's inauguration (not counting the troops protecting him from, what exactly? )

• Great Response! 2

1 hour ago, Zhong Lu said:

What Trump accomplishments? COVID is raging, econ is in gutter, manufacturing is meh, farmers are poorer, China won huge propaganda victories over the last 4 years, oil stocks took a dive, and federal deficit and debt are at all time highs.  

The only accomplishments I can think of is that large corporations (especially tech companies) and anyone who owns IRAs/ stocks (aka rich people) are doing great! 

Well since you asked big E

This post is not open for debate. I have listened to everyone else’s hatred, rhetoric and outright lies for the last four years, so now I am having my say. If you don’t like it, you know where the delete button is. Let me be clear, I am not a Biden fan. I think he is corrupt, a liar, a racist bigot, is in bed with China and probably suffering from dementia. Not to mention the fact that he’s a pedophile. He has done nothing to improve anything in his 47-year political career. But what has Trump done in the past 4 years?
The "arrogant" in the White House brokered four Middle East Peace Accords, something that 71 years of political intervention and endless war failed to produce.
The "buffoon" in the White House is the first president that has not engaged us in a foreign war since Eisenhower.
The "racist" in the White House has had the greatest impact on the economy, bringing jobs, and lowering unemployment to the Black and Latino population of ANY other president. Ever.
The "liar" in the White House has exposed the deep, widespread, and long-standing corruption in the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, and the Republican and Democratic parties.
The "buffoon" in the White House turned NATO around and had them start paying their dues.
The "fool" in the White House neutralized the North Koreans and stopped them sending missiles toward Japan, and threatening the West Coast of the US.
The "xenophobe" in the White House turned our relationship with the Chinese around, brought hundreds of businesses back to the US, and revived the economy.
This same “clown” lowered your taxes, increased the standard deduction on your IRS return from $12,500 to $24,400 for married couples and caused the stock market to rise to record levels, positively impacting the retirement accounts of tens of millions of citizens.
The “clown” in the White House fast-tracked the development of multiple COVID Vaccines which are now available or will be soon. And yet we still don't have a vaccine for SARS, Bird Flu, Ebola, or a host of diseases that arose during previous administrations.
The “clown” in the White House rebuilt our military which the Obama administration crippled and fired 214 key generals and admirals in his first year of office.
I got it, you don't like him. Many of you utterly hate and despise him. How special of you. He is serving you and ALL the American people. What are you doing besides calling him names and laughing about him catching the China virus? Some of you were even hoping that COVID would be the cause of his demise. (Ah, the left. The party of “tolerance”. )
Please educate me again as to what Biden has accomplished for America in his 47 years in office, besides making the whole Biden family richer? By the way, where is Hunter?
I’ll take the “clown” any day versus a fork tongued, smooth talking hypocritical corrupt liar. I want a strong leader who isn’t afraid to kick some butt when needed. I don’t need a fatherly figure. I don’t need a liar. That's what Hollywood, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and the New York Times are for. Fake a$$ news anyway.
Call me a chump, a racist, or part of the basket of deplorables. I do not care!
  • Great Response! 4

32 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Does a single person reading this believe Biden is going to protect you? From anything? 

Is that a trick question?

Upon reflection, he did choose a "Fake Lady" to run the Health Dept. 

Might protect the young men about town from VD.

• Great Response! 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Well since you asked big E

This post is not open for debate. I have listened to everyone else’s hatred, rhetoric and outright lies for the last four years, so now I am having my say. If you don’t like it, you know where the delete button is. Let me be clear, I am not a Biden fan. I think he is corrupt, a liar, a racist bigot, is in bed with China and probably suffering from dementia. Not to mention the fact that he’s a pedophile. He has done nothing to improve anything in his 47-year political career. But what has Trump done in the past 4 years?
The "arrogant" in the White House brokered four Middle East Peace Accords, something that 71 years of political intervention and endless war failed to produce.
The "buffoon" in the White House is the first president that has not engaged us in a foreign war since Eisenhower.
The "racist" in the White House has had the greatest impact on the economy, bringing jobs, and lowering unemployment to the Black and Latino population of ANY other president. Ever.
The "liar" in the White House has exposed the deep, widespread, and long-standing corruption in the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, and the Republican and Democratic parties.
The "buffoon" in the White House turned NATO around and had them start paying their dues.
The "fool" in the White House neutralized the North Koreans and stopped them sending missiles toward Japan, and threatening the West Coast of the US.
The "xenophobe" in the White House turned our relationship with the Chinese around, brought hundreds of businesses back to the US, and revived the economy.
This same “clown” lowered your taxes, increased the standard deduction on your IRS return from $12,500 to $24,400 for married couples and caused the stock market to rise to record levels, positively impacting the retirement accounts of tens of millions of citizens.
The “clown” in the White House fast-tracked the development of multiple COVID Vaccines which are now available or will be soon. And yet we still don't have a vaccine for SARS, Bird Flu, Ebola, or a host of diseases that arose during previous administrations.
The “clown” in the White House rebuilt our military which the Obama administration crippled and fired 214 key generals and admirals in his first year of office.
I got it, you don't like him. Many of you utterly hate and despise him. How special of you. He is serving you and ALL the American people. What are you doing besides calling him names and laughing about him catching the China virus? Some of you were even hoping that COVID would be the cause of his demise. (Ah, the left. The party of “tolerance”. )
Please educate me again as to what Biden has accomplished for America in his 47 years in office, besides making the whole Biden family richer? By the way, where is Hunter?
I’ll take the “clown” any day versus a fork tongued, smooth talking hypocritical corrupt liar. I want a strong leader who isn’t afraid to kick some butt when needed. I don’t need a fatherly figure. I don’t need a liar. That's what Hollywood, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and the New York Times are for. Fake a$$ news anyway.
Call me a chump, a racist, or part of the basket of deplorables. I do not care!

You should be happy Enthalpic was banned.

He would be mocking you guys like crazy if he were around.   He was an ass but was right about many things.

2 minutes ago, Symmetry said:

He would be mocking you guys like crazy if he were around.   He was an ass but was right about many things.

Just a delusional young man, overly emotional,full of rage, objectivity was not a strong suit. Now that does not make him a bad guy however..balance was a issue i believe..go figure.

• Upvote 4

Let's Compare and contrast this inauguration and the last one, shall we? Which side is Criminal and which is peaceful (and wronged)? 

Hint, go to antifa.com

and see where it takes you. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Symmetry said:

Nice try Eejit, you think calling yourself an ass makes people believe you're not the sock puppet? 

• Haha 1

(edited)

3 hours ago, RichieRich216 said:

THIRD PARTY!!!!!!!!!!! The current party’s makeup is nothing but swamp RINO’s

To me, having two political parties doesn't even make sense in a world with hyperconnection. It made sense in 1800 certainly (when there was the Federalist and the Democratic-Republican Party) because you had to basically get on a horse and travel long distances to communicate or get information (and it's interesting to think of for example, Claude Shannon bootstrapping the information and communications age, though it required a lot of other earlier innovations in physics like the birth of the telegraph). It's why most states moved away from a caucus system to a primary system - you don't need a horse to "communicate" over long distances anymore to organize and gather. However, I have my doubts that the US will move away from a 2 party system anytime soon, probably because of the polarization at the moment, and stuff like winner takes all mechanisms like the electoral college that promote institutional inertia.  Keep in mind that we don't live in a direct democracy (in the athenian sense of the word), we live in a representative republic. I wish more people were into civics and public policy about whatever they are passionate about. The real world is not as black and white as traditional politics and the internet based echo chambers we consume information from - it's much easier to fall into hyperpartisan depersonalization traps when we just "other" groups on medium where our mirror neurons are less likely to fire as much when we can't "see" ourselves in other people. Maybe COVID can remind us that yes, we are in fact us - every one of us is us. We are human beings, with a lot of imperfections and shared needs, but also with great adaptability and intelligence. 

As Andrei Sakharov, the father of the "bomb" in the USSR said (unfortunately, he didn't live to see the fall of the iron curtain): "After more than forty years, we have had no third world war, and the balance of nuclear terror ... may have helped to prevent one. But I am not at all sure of this; back then, in those long-gone years, the question didn't even arise. What most troubles me now is the instability of the balance, the extreme peril of the current situation, the appalling waste of the arms race ... Each of us has a responsibility to think about this in global terms, with tolerance, trust, and candor, free from ideological dogmatism, parochial interests, or national egotism."

I think his words still make sense. There is a lot of work to do, especially due to the potential of volatility in some hotspots in the world. I would have never guessed the United States was one of these places until a few weeks ago (I hadn't even been paying much attention from the end of the primaries, I didn't think people took some of conspiracy theories *seriously*). That being said, the US will move on quick, I think, because we have strong institutions from the founding of the republic that are battle tested. 

Edited by surrept33

(edited)

2 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

Is that a trick question?

Upon reflection, he did choose a "Fake Lady" to run the Health Dept. 

Might protect the young men about town from VD.

That very nominee removed their mother from a Nursing Home while putting other elderly high risk individuals into nursing homes and certain death. 

Now Biden wants to put them in charge of the U.S. health.

Only in the U.S. Democratic Party.

Edited by Roch
  • Upvote 1