DR

Biden suspends oil and gas drilling on Federal Lands for 60 days for review.

16 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

She's just right up there. Ask her. 😊

Ahh a mean streak does exist, Roch if you feel the need to reply..yes dear anything you say dear does come to mind. Now that is a statement made from more than a few yrs of experience, somethings are just best left alone. Or enter at your own risk.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Roch said:

If I move to Texas now will I get Texas citizenship when they leave.  

Long for years.  It already feels like four years of Biden. 

Wyoming's also pissed.  Their Senators are speaking up against Joe.

If you can't stand Joe you should stop the complaining and go 100% in on winning back Senate and House in 2022.

I know when Texas joined the Union they kept an option to leave if they choose.  

How about other states ? 

I do believe Texas is the only state that can succeed from the USA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Vivian Fulk said:

He just stated in his speech "and NO I am not banning fracking." The above statement is wrong. Fracking done without methane release is great! But only without methane release. 

@Vivian Fulk Sorry to disappoint ya but fracking involves flaring, the burning off of methane. Medium size dairy farm spews more methane than several fracked wells.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 1/23/2021 at 2:27 PM, El Nikko said:

Are you talking about the trains that moved the oil from the Bakken? There was an accident a few years back involving a company called Baytex.

All the more reason it is stupid to stop or discourage pipelines. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

On 1/23/2021 at 9:49 PM, Dan Clemmensen said:

Yep, Despite their ridiculous market cap, Tesla cannot yet make a lot of vehicles. 500,000 in 2020, while Ford, Chevy, and dodge each mane more than 750,000 pickup trucks, and VW made something like 12 million vehicles. But Tesla has learned how to build new factories much faster than any of the other guys, and this will change the game. They can build those vertically-integrated factories very quickly because EVs are very simple machines compared to ICE.

What you speak is becoming quite a annoyance for the big three, that market cap is now going to be dealt with. It is easy to see Tesla being overwhelmed with a price war along with product availability. It was inevitable wall street and hedge fund managers are under extreme pressure, clearing the decks will be swift.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/23/teslas-sale-of-environmental-credits-help-drive-to-profitability.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkobayashisolomon/2020/03/13/want-to-understand-carbon-credits-read-this/?sh=3ef7be3871aa

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/jun/03/up-in-smoke-what-did-taxpayers-get-for-their-2bn-emissions-fund

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Secede. 

I thought that Georgia would go blue eventually. Was surprised this time though. Virginia and North Carolina surprised me too. I hope that Florida and Texas stay red but it will be hard with the influx from blue states, increased illegal aliens and higher reproduction rates from Hispanics, especially first generation and chain immigration. My grandmother probably came up from Juarez and settled in New Mexico. She had twelve children and the family moved to New  Orleans and then Detroit where most still are. I would guess that at least two thirds of the third generation vote Democrat to this day. My wealthy sister is a fervent Democrat leader. She moved to Colorado before it switched to Blue. Now she is in Portland. 

Edited by ronwagn
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Secede

Ouch, yer right. Damn Peoria publix skools!!!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Roch said:

If I move to Texas now will I get Texas citizenship when they leave.  

Long for years.  It already feels like four years of Biden. 

Wyoming's also pissed.  Their Senators are speaking up against Joe.

If you can't stand Joe you should stop the complaining and go 100% in on winning back Senate and House in 2022.

I know when Texas joined the Union they kept an option to leave if they choose.  

How about other states ? 

I don't remember the year, but secession was deemed illegal for all states, but not positive about Texas constitution, but I'm sure the Fed laws would override.  But, if they start moving in on the Second Amendment, they'll be slamming into the Texas courts big time. Paxton is suing over immigration and regulations on energy.  Abbott is sending troops to the border.  So, the Biden Administration will be in the courts for its entire reign of terror until the SCOTUS steps in (and hopefully starts doing its job).

• Like 2

^

It's damn near impossible to succeed in seceding from the Union. 

But if anyone can do it, Texas can, and I certainly want to be part of it when it happens. 

What is happening with Uncle Joe is too painful to watch. I wish to put distance between "me and him," as they say. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

^

It's damn near impossible to succeed in seceding from the Union. 

But if anyone can do it, Texas can, and I certainly want to be part of it when it happens. 

What is happening with Uncle Joe is too painful to watch. I wish to put distance between "me and him," as they say. 

ArmyAviator3 DAYS AGO

Texas is a unique state in that it was never a US Territory with a territorial government. Texas joined the Union in 1845, by TREATY. I have read that Treaty and see nothing there that states that Texas is bound to the Union in perpetuity! Yes, the Civil War pinned Texas back to the Union by BAYONETS, but that too has never been litigated and decided by the Courts. Texas v. White is simply a SCOTUS ruling in the 19th century and can be rendered invalid in future proceedings.

So, the "might makes right" crowd would tell us that the Civil War proves that a state cannot leave the Union is bogus, although convenient. The Bottom Line is that YES we can choose to leave the Union and pursue our rightful place among nations of the world. We have a RIGHT to self-determination, more so than any other state in the current Union.

• Like 2

(edited)

1 hour ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

@Vivian Fulk Sorry to disappoint ya but fracking involves flaring, the burning off of methane. Medium size dairy farm spews more methane than several fracked wells.

Washington DC spews more gas than all U.S. fracked wells. 

PS Vivian are you a bot ? 

Edited by Roch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

All these people wanting to change the meaning of your sentence!  Harrumph!  It may well be that Texas is the only state that ends up succeeding.  But it will be difficult even for them, now that so many liberals are relocating from California!  :) 

• Great Response! 3

6 minutes ago, Roch said:

Washington DC spews more gas than all U.S. fracked wells. 

PS Vivian are you a bot ? 

I googled Vivian Fulk.

There is a Vivian Fulk in North Carolina.

90 years old . 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Roch said:

I googled Vivian Fulk.

90 years old . 

Me thinkin' is a bot. Doubt 90 yr old woman would stumble to this locale 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JoMack said:

I don't remember the year, but secession was deemed illegal for all states, but not positive about Texas constitution, but I'm sure the Fed laws would override.  But, if they start moving in on the Second Amendment, they'll be slamming into the Texas courts big time. Paxton is suing over immigration and regulations on energy.  Abbott is sending troops to the border.  So, the Biden Administration will be in the courts for its entire reign of terror until the SCOTUS steps in (and hopefully starts doing its job).

I don’t know if you remember but it was GW, GW sr, Reagan, McCain and Romney that all supported Immigration, oh yea, Obama. But it was Obama that deported as many illegals as snuck through the border. So the numbers of illegals has remained flay for over a decade. Amazing that only I seem to know this. Do a google and prove I’m wrong. Do some chart checking. 
I am against immigration, legal or illegal more than you. But I at least did the research on who is at fault besides the Dems. I am not a partisan hack. Well, on this issue. Lol

48 minutes ago, Roch said:

I googled Vivian Fulk.

Don't be googlin' around with Ms. Fulk!

What kind of man are you?

😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Roch said:

I googled Vivian Fulk.

90 years old . 

walking-on-eggshells-real-men-tackle-land-mines.jpg

• Haha 6

35 minutes ago, Boat said:

I don’t know if you remember but it was GW, GW sr, Reagan, McCain and Romney that all supported Immigration, oh yea, Obama. But it was Obama that deported as many illegals as snuck through the border. So the numbers of illegals has remained flay for over a decade. Amazing that only I seem to know this. Do a google and prove I’m wrong. Do some chart checking. 
I am against immigration, legal or illegal more than you. But I at least did the research on who is at fault besides the Dems. I am not a partisan hack. Well, on this issue. Lol

The court in Texas just blocked Biden's deportation moratorium.  The judge said the Biden EO was in violation of immigration laws and Texas and other states need 180 public notice, which is correct.  So, open borders will be halted in the short term, but Texas, being Texas, will continue to fight.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, JoMack said:

The court in Texas just blocked Biden's deportation moratorium.  The judge said the Biden EO was in violation of immigration laws and Texas and other states need 180 public notice, which is correct.  So, open borders will be halted in the short term, but Texas, being Texas, will continue to fight.

Send every damn politician down to stay in someone's house that live on the border.  Make them stay for 6 weeks.  Join the "evening patrols".  It's just like healthcare in another extreme.  Make them live it like the rest of the people; then, what the heck, have a vote by the people in their districts about laws that you need to create or vote on.  I know, dreamworld.

• Upvote 2

Fortunately the current Companies have a stack of multiple year licenses! Robinette can shove this up his ass!

2 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:
ArmyAviator3 DAYS AGO

Texas is a unique state in that it was never a US Territory with a territorial government. Texas joined the Union in 1845, by TREATY. I have read that Treaty and see nothing there that states that Texas is bound to the Union in perpetuity! Yes, the Civil War pinned Texas back to the Union by BAYONETS, but that too has never been litigated and decided by the Courts. Texas v. White is simply a SCOTUS ruling in the 19th century and can be rendered invalid in future proceedings.

So, the "might makes right" crowd would tell us that the Civil War proves that a state cannot leave the Union is bogus, although convenient. The Bottom Line is that YES we can choose to leave the Union and pursue our rightful place among nations of the world. We have a RIGHT to self-determination, more so than any other state in the current Union.

I fear that texas is already close to purple and may be blue in less than twenty years.

• Like 2

(edited)

4 hours ago, ronwagn said:

I fear that texas is already close to purple and may be blue in less than twenty years.

It depends on if the Republican party changes strategy. Texas is just shifting towards being more of a southwestern state than a southern state. I used to live in Austin, most people I knew were either Ron Paul-like libertarians (I remember when the whole ron paul revolution posters were everywhere) or wanted to secede from Texas. 

The Nixon-era https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy could only work for so long, anyways. They need a bigger tent Reagan80-ish platform that doesn't sound so nativist like Trumpism was. Over time, I think that will turn off more Americans than it will energize, particularly with younger voters. 

Edited by surrept33

(edited)

10 hours ago, Roch said:

I googled Vivian Fulk.

90 years old . 

Why don't you declare you who you are so people can google you? Hiding behind a screen name and then googling others. Coward!!!

@Selva - I don't know if this is a personal attack, but if it is I stand by it. 

@Jan van Eck

@Gerry Maddoux

@Rob Plant

@Dan Warnick

and all other reasonable people here - pls speak up against this kind of cowardnes

Edited by Rasmus Jorgensen
  • Rolling Eye 1

14 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Why don't you declare you who you are so people can google you? Hiding behind a screen name and then googling others. Coward!!!

@Selva - I don't know if this is a personal attack, but if it is a stand by it. 

@Jan van Eck

@Gerry Maddoux

@Rob Plant

@Dan Warnick

and all other reasonable people here - pls speak up against this kind of cowardnes

I do not discriminate against cowards, if that in fact is what @Roch is.  Just because you accuse him(?) of it doesn't mean it's true.  Is that what you were after?

Otherwise, Vivian made some claims that members disagreed with, and it is up to her(?) whether or not she(?) provides evidence or bows to theirs.  And then they had some friendly banter about Googling her(?), which I see nothing wrong with.

Call me politically incorrect if you will, but that will mean you are discriminating against my views, and I don't think I could handle that.  So please don't do it.  :( 

• Great Response! 1

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

I do not discriminate against cowards, if that in fact is what @Roch is.  Just because you accuse him(?) of it doesn't mean it's true.  Is that what you were after?

No. My point was straigth forward - @Roch googles someone he disagrees with. Yet, he hides behind a screen name so he cannot be googled. No opinion on different views just sayin walk the talk. 

Just because you may agree with him doesn't mean that he has rigth to infringe on peoples privacy. 

Edited by Rasmus Jorgensen
  • Like 1
  • Rolling Eye 2