DR

Biden suspends oil and gas drilling on Federal Lands for 60 days for review.

On 1/30/2021 at 8:03 PM, surrept33 said:

Texas will likely be like california, it's just a matter of when (much of the latino population in Texas is relatively young compared to California). The state of Nixon and Reagan flipped after Proposition 187: https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/anti-immigrant-prop-187-approved-in-california

Keep in mind that a lot of immigrants, legal or not, have family members that are citizens. This is why from a political science point of view, while in the short term being nativist might be have been a temporary win, being against legislation like DACA or other citizenship expansion legislation seems like a bad idea. I think the Republicans will necessarily need to switch strategies in the future. 

Based on demographics alone, the Republicans need to go back to something like the 2012 autopsy:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/624581-rnc-autopsy.html

Don't forget millennials will be the largest voting block soon, and gen Z and digital natives after them seem even more conducive to a big tent party. 

I do not favor giving up constitutionalist, America first patriotism, or any of the other things that Trump Republicans will fight for. It is NOT acceptable to be a RINO reptile who gets rich by voting for what the crony fascist corporations want. They want everything made in China, cheap labor etc. that will destroy the American middle class and make everyone subservient to the government. 

• Like 3
  • Great Response! 1

1 hour ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

Then I have a nice collection of high-level ORRI's in Williams and Mackenzie Counties. There are about 300 wells on this, with room for about 500 more, according to a survey by a petroleum engineer a couple of years back

Biden can't touch most of it.  Great properties in any of those counties.   There will be more than 500 by a lot.  Good decision, I believe...prices are going to go thru the old proverbial high cycle real soon with his policies?  

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, LANDMAN X said:

Biden can't touch most of it.  Great properties in any of those counties.   There will be more than 500 by a lot.  Good decision, I believe...prices are going to go thru the old proverbial high cycle real soon with his policies?  

Don't get to optimistic, Iran will be allowed to open their gate's. Your history in the Williston/Bakken area knows the wild crazy swings. 

I spent 25 yrs in that area, riches one day rags the next. 

• Like 3
  • Great Response! 2

(edited)

2 hours ago, ronwagn said:

I do not favor giving up constitutionalist, America first patriotism, or any of the other things that Trump Republicans will fight for. It is NOT acceptable to be a RINO reptile who gets rich by voting for what the crony fascist corporations want. They want everything made in China, cheap labor etc. that will destroy the American middle class and make everyone subservient to the government. 

I favor exporting American ideals to the rest of the world (as in, as the constitution says, a regard for a ever more perfect union based on individual freedoms). Objectively, (but depending on how you quantify it), the "center of the economic world" is shifting back towards asia because of technology alone (which was probably true historically as well). Yes, we do have to figure out how to reduce income inequality in the United States. Smart government reform (especially automation of red tape) and entrepreneurship are the key, imho. Like it or not, many types of jobs are never coming back (see: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/g4530/odd-obsolete-jobs/?slide=1). But we might be well positioned to create higher tech jobs that are higher paying anyways. 

We won't do us, nor the world, any good by being isolationist. That would just cede what the world looks like to China. Most of the "big problems" (for example, climate change) are shared with the rest of the world. Well, unless you think that climate change is a conspiracy. I tend to to believe the computational models of atmospheric physicists. Precision metrology of such data is getting better all the time. 

Technology is the great liberator. Animals and slaves (well, the cotton gin created the plantation industry in the US south, but that was just temporary) were freed by the arrival of steam power, electrical machines and motor-driven vehicles. Of course, the big change in the history of human access to power was the development of heat engines, which consume fuel, not food (if you think about it in terms of life, all "things" need to be metabolized). This of course triggered industrialization and electrification of the globe. But we also did not know enough about the biosphere when that happened. Follow Joseph Fourier's work, and go the other way, we know a lot more now: https://www.amazon.com/Warming-Papers-Scientific-Foundation-Forecast/dp/1405196165 (it's also interesting how the radiative transfer problem translates with RNA and DNA, but the physics of life is even more complicated!)

Keep in mind (the industrial era) Jevons paradox also. 

IMHO, The best way to bring the less advanced areas into the flow of things is to allow the rivers of power, goods, people and information to bathe the whole globe in a controlled way, because contrary to popular belief, we are indeed one species with similar needs like food and sanitation, and freshwater. This is already happening, through the spreading of all kinds of power, through education in English, science, sports, the Internet, world health initiatives, altruism and philanthropy. I think the trend will be to cover the areas that until recently were untouched. This will continue, thanks to for example, cheap very low power electronics that puts the entire world's information in peoples hands.

Of course, another paradox is that people feel that they are running out of time, even though technological changes generate more free time for everybody. More time to do what? 

Edited by surrept33

9 minutes ago, surrept33 said:

I favor exporting American ideals to the rest of the world (as in, as the constitution says, a regard for a ever more perfect union based on individual freedoms). Objectively, (but depending on how you quantify it), the "center of the economic world" is shifting back towards asia because of technology alone (which was probably true historically as well). Yes, we do have to figure out how to reduce income inequality in the United States. Smart government reform (especially automation of red tape) and entrepreneurship are the key, imho. Like it or not, many types of jobs are never coming back (see: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/g4530/odd-obsolete-jobs/?slide=1). But we might be well positioned to create higher tech jobs that are higher paying anyways. They want to change which words we can use, destroy freedom of speech and ignore the Second Amendment etc. 

We won't do us, nor the world, any good by being isolationist. That would just cede what the world looks like to China. Most of the "big problems" (for example, climate change) are shared with the rest of the world. Well, unless you think that climate change is a conspiracy. I tend to to believe the computational models of atmospheric physicists. Precision metrology of such data is getting better all the time. 

Technology is the great liberator. Animals and slaves (well, the cotton gin created the plantation industry in the US south, but that was just temporary) were freed by the arrival of steam power, electrical machines and motor-driven vehicles. Of course, the big change in the history of human access to power was the development of heat engines, which consume fuel, not food (if you think about it in terms of life, all "things" need to be metabolized). This of course triggered industrialization and electrification of the globe. But we also did not know enough about the biosphere when that happened. Follow Joseph Fourier's work, and go the other way, we know a lot more now: https://www.amazon.com/Warming-Papers-Scientific-Foundation-Forecast/dp/1405196165

Keep in mind (the industrial era) Jevons paradox also. 

IMHO, The best way to bring the less advanced areas into the flow of things is to allow the rivers of power, goods, people and information to bathe the whole globe in a controlled way, because contrary to popular belief, we are indeed one species with similar needs like food and sanitation, and freshwater. This is already happening, through the spreading of all kinds of power, through education in English, science, sports, the Internet, world health initiatives, altruism and philanthropy. I think the trend will be to cover the areas that until recently were untouched. This will continue, thanks to for example, cheap very low power electronics that puts the entire world's information in peoples hands.

Of course, another paradox is that people feel that they are running out of time, even though technological changes generate more free time for everybody. More time to do what? 

You favor globalism which is just worldwide crony capitalism, fascism, etc. It will destroy the middle class and create a world by tecnocrats that think they and they alone should determine the course of world development. They have invented global warming, climate change, green extremism, machine voting, high priced government workers with bloated benefits, and revived racism by promoting the idea that Whites are all successful and hold minorities down, which is a lie. The wealthiest Blacks in the world live in America, aside from Jamaica mon. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Don't get to optimistic, Iran will be allowed to open their gate's. Your history in the Williston/Bakken area knows the wild crazy swings. 

If Iran becomes a big exporter prices will fall but there are many other small producers and new finds in China and South America. Then there is abundant natural gas. Only the most efficient companies will stay in business. The others will be gobbled up or replaced elsewhere. Russia, the Middle East and all of OPEC nations will be getting poor unless they can find new business models. Renewables cannot compete unless subsidized by governments. That cannot last forever as most nations are near bankruptcy already. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

(edited)

47 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

You favor globalism which is just worldwide crony capitalism, fascism, etc. It will destroy the middle class and create a world by tecnocrats that think they and they alone should determine the course of world development. They have invented global warming, climate change, green extremism, machine voting, high priced government workers with bloated benefits, and revived racism by promoting the idea that Whites are all successful and hold minorities down, which is a lie. The wealthiest Blacks in the world live in America, aside from Jamaica mon. 

WTF does globalism have to do with crony capitalism, fascism, etc? Welcome to the 2020's, the economy is already globalized, and thanks to churn in technology, the rate of globalization will most likely increase. You (and governments) either have to adapt or maladapt. We are living in a time of great possibility and a lot of technological progress in the next few decades. Keep in mind that COVID would never have been "defeated" without the unprecedented (scientific) data of sharing across borders: https://www.google.com/search?q=shadow libraries

Yes, there is still a lot of inefficiency caused by lack of further economic integration. For example, due to the lack of trust, we happen to have three versions of a GPS-like system "just in case" (by the US, the EU, and China). As the Romans successfully showed, giving citizenship (making people feel like they are Romans) helped bring about a lot of progress.  Hell, the Holy Roman Empire, the Byzantines and the Sultan of Rum even copied it even after the fall of Rome. 

One thing that's interesting is governments experimenting with concepts like e-residency and e-citizenship (see for example: https://e-estonia.com/solutions/e-identity/e-residency/). Of course, the US probably leads with it, it's just based on FinTech companies in the private sector: https://www.centre.io/usdc-transparency

See also: https://assets.kpmg/content/dam/kpmg/in/pdf/2018/10/Auditing_Blockchain_Solutions.pdf

The idea is to slowly blur the boundaries by decentralization, ensure privacy, while adopting the best practices of well regulated economies like the US by pegging against the US fiscal policy and having trusted accounting practices do regular audits. 

Edited by surrept33
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

58 minutes ago, surrept33 said:

WTF does globalism have to do with crony capitalism, fascism, etc? Welcome to the 2020's, the economy is already globalized, and thanks to churn in technology, the rate of globalization will most likely increase. You (and governments) either have to adapt or maladapt. We are living in a time of great possibility and a lot of technological progress in the next few decades. Keep in mind that COVID would never have been "defeated" without the unprecedented (scientific) data of sharing across borders: https://www.google.com/search?q=shadow libraries

Yes, there is still a lot of inefficiency caused by lack of further economic integration. For example, due to the lack of trust, we happen to have three versions of a GPS-like system "just in case" (by the US, the EU, and China). As the Romans successfully showed, giving citizenship (making people feel like they are Romans) helped bring about a lot of progress.  Hell, the Holy Roman Empire, the Byzantines and the Sultan of Rum even copied it even after the fall of Rome. 

One thing that's interesting is governments experimenting with concepts like e-residency and e-citizenship (see for example: https://e-estonia.com/solutions/e-identity/e-residency/). Of course, the US probably leads with it, it's just based on FinTech companies in the private sector: https://www.centre.io/usdc-transparency

See also: https://assets.kpmg/content/dam/kpmg/in/pdf/2018/10/Auditing_Blockchain_Solutions.pdf

The idea is to slowly blur the boundaries by decentralization, ensure privacy, while adopting the best practices of well regulated economies like the US by pegging against the US fiscal policy and having trusted accounting practices do regular audits. 

The US military is the biggest company if you want to think like that and they can’t perform an  audit. The IRA can’t collect over 400 billion+ every year in tax fraud. Tech can’t solve everything. 😂

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Roch said:

Anyway, I'm done here at OP Community.  Take care and best of luck.  

@Roch

Why are you leaving?  You added an interesting perspective to many topics, and I for one enjoyed your contributions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, LANDMAN X said:

Thanks for your comments on the Bakken. It has been tough to hold on. Great place, the Dakotas . . . under-appreciated.  

9 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

It's been pretty much rags for the last two years. Working rigs are down from 53 to 11. 

But you're right--production by OPEC is likely to rise substantially. I'm not sure why Mr. Biden seems to think it's okay to buy from them, rather than provide for a longtime domestic source of fossil fuels. Very political move which may just see Texas secede from the Union. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Why are you leaving?  You added an interesting perspective to many topics, and I for one enjoyed your contributions.

ROCH, I second that. Look, we push and pull quite a bit here. I've left before too, because I'm thin-skinned and someone hit me in my vulnerable spot. But it's a time when most people--especially men--need to ventilate and find themselves unable to do so in the usual way . . . at work, a coffee shop, at gatherings. This forum is one of the few places where some good ideas are expressed by a wide spectrum of people. For example, I learn from the wildest liberal, the greatest enthusiast of renewables, and also from solid oil and gas guys. I learn as much from guys around the world as those close to where I grew up. Stick around if you have the time and inclination. You have your own voice and it's a knowledgeable one. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 4
  • Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Roch said:

1. In recent years Buffet took a major position in Suncor, one of the largest if not the largest Oil Sands operator.  He should want the XL.  

Suncor doesn't need the XL pipeline. In fact it hurts them. Why? Because it gives an out to their competition. Suncor has two things their competitors lack. They have an upgrader so they don't need diluents and they have a refinery so they can ship finished goods. They want production (from their competition) to be limited to A) improve the value of their products and B) eventually let them buy out those competitors for pennies on the dollar. 

The plan (for everyone else) was always to use diluents such as pentanes plus to get the bitumen to the border. Then they were going to use tech they've already perfected (my friend was on the project) to recover the bitumen and ship it back to Fort Mac. The diluents get replaced by the light sweet Bakken crude and the new blend is far more valuable than the Western Canada Select (dilbit) it replaced.  

Please don't leave, but I understand wanting to take a break. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 3

(edited)

On 2/1/2021 at 3:41 PM, Ward Smith said:

Suncor doesn't need the XL pipeline. In fact it hurts them. Why? Because it gives an out to their competition. Suncor has two things their competitors lack. They have an upgrader so they don't need diluents and they have a refinery so they can ship finished goods. They want production (from their competition) to be limited to A) improve the value of their products and B) eventually let them buy out those competitors for pennies on the dollar. 

Ward, thanks for wanting me back. Nice to be wanted.  I'm not leaving because of disagreements or differing opinions. That's the best part of this site.  It just doesn't do it for me any more.  The whole oil industry has changed from an investment standpoint. This site no longer has value to me , except for the challenge of a debate now and again. Not only does one learn from a debate , they can be fun. 

The reason I even came back now is I couldn't let your response to my post on  XL , Buffet and Suncor go unanswered. So here are my thoughts .  

Point #1 Pipelines in Canada or lack of them going to the U.S. hurts all Canadian Oil Companies.  The bigger they are the more they hurt. Even  Suncor, one of the biggest if not the biggest.

As for Suncor .  When the Oil Sands were being developed the government wanted the foreign investment capital but limited their ownership.  Suncor at the time was not a producer but an extremely large retail gasoline chain with a couple of refineries. They were the first to build a syncrude refinery in the Oil Sands.  It was very costly. The oil majors discovered with some initial cleaning and the use of p a diluent they could transport and refine the bitumen in their Gulf Coast at the refineries they built in the late 80's and 90's to process the heavy oil from the Venezuelan Orinoco belt. (Which is also bitumen, only it flows, not like tar sands). They didn't have to build the expensive syncrude plants.

You are correct Suncor produces syncrude,. But not only syncrude.

Today (rough numbers) Suncor produces:

BARRELS A DAY (bbl/day)

Syncrude  .    300,000 

Bitumen .   .   150,000 - 200,000

Heavy Crude  300,000

Total = 800k bbls/day (give or take 50k)

Transport by pipeline is always preferred as it is much cheaper.

Suncor ships product , syncrude , dilbit and heavy oil throughout Canada and to the U.S. 

There are three ways to get oil/dilbit out of western Canada.

Railway , TC Energy pipeline (formerly Trans Canada) or Enbridge pipelines.  

TC Energy's Keystone goes south to the Gulf with stops in Steele City and Cushing.  

Enbridge's mainline goes southeast from Alberta to Illinois .  Along the way it splits off into at least 10 other lines servicing not only the U.S.  Midwest and Great Lakes region but back up into Canada to supply many Canadian refineries.

Suncor uses Enbridge somewhat  more than TC's Keystone.  But with limited takeaway any and all pipeline transport pricing has been bid up as ALL compete to get oil and dilbit out of Canada to the U.S. Gulf or Midwest.

There are no long-term contracts allowed by Canadian Regulators because back ten or twelve years ago the producers lead by Suncor and Shell filed complaints and stopped the implementation of LT contracts.  This came back and bit them in the ass.  As the oil sands quickly developed the competition for capacity on Enbridge's and TC's pipelines drove prices up.

Funny, in 2019 the pipeline companies again petitioned the Canadian government to be able to use long-term contracts.  

Suncor again fought it and won. Their reasoning this time was , "with the building of the Trans-Mountain and Keystone XL , Suncor would have more flexibility and competitive pricing".  Suncor wanted the Keystone.   But now the XL is dead.  Again , by chance they lose out as XL dies. 

Buffet's railroads will be taking oil out of Canada with or without the XL. Even with the XL the added 830,000 bbl/day will be filled with dilbit.  Transporting dilbit by rail doesn't work. 

Put Blame where it belongs. Blame AOC and Tom Steyer. Buffet didn't kill the XL. 

I know Gerry wanted the XL to get some of the Bakken oil to the Gulf. The current Keystone goes through N.D.  Why not tie into that.  They can't. Every drop of oil has to be from Canadian producers, most if not all dilbit.

The XL would not have been going through N.D.  It travels through Montana , South Dakota and Nebraska. I know they could build a connection.  But do you think  TC Energy would have voluntarily given Bakken producers any capacity on the XL.  Not a chance.  Even if they did they would have to pay up.  

Some are still trying to save the XL either through their political reps or the courts.  

In an effort to get Biden to allow the XL to be built TC Energy even promised to commit $ billions to green energy initiatives, use renewable energy to power the pump station and use 100% U.S. workers for engineers and construction jobs. (The 11,000 construction jobs would be just the beginning. The "multiplier effect" would triple that)

If I were a Bakken producer I'd lobby the pols to let it go through , but only if they guaranteed the Bakken producers a percentage of the capacity.  Shoot for 50%.  Take whatever you can get.  

The point of my long winded rambling is Suncor wanted and needed the XL and in my opinion Buffet had no influence over its cancellation. 

Edited by Roch
  • Like 3
  • Great Response! 1

On 1/30/2021 at 10:03 PM, surrept33 said:

I've lived in Austin, actually blocks from UT. Why is your identity so attached to "oil and gas"?  It's just a industry (where I once worked too). I'd say I'm fairly libertarian (socially "liberal", economically "liberal" in the classical sense. I believe in the power of markets as a means of experimentation. I believe in the power of good governance and empowered citizens). So were most people I met. Most austinites seemed to hate the state government because they kept on interfering with city and local laws (and hell, the city of Austin got gerrymandered to hell).

The founder of EOG just pumped a lot of $ to the new UT Energy Institute: https://energy.utexas.edu/

BTW, the area around UT Austin has been piloting IEEE 1547-2018 (see https://www.nrel.gov/grid/ieee-standard-1547/educational-materials.html). The grid unification in the US is likely, I think, though it will take more transmission lines. Keep an eye out for all the *advanced* energy innovation in place like ARPA-E: https://arpa-e.energy.gov/news-and-media/blog-posts

Energy is fundamentally interdisciplinary. If you had a 18 year old kid, would you let them go into petroleum engineering? it's probably too specialized from what I've seen. There is a lot of interesting work related to energy sustainability now. I would diversify if I was attached to oil and gas. Luckily, our brains are much more plastic than you think (humans have been clever enough to invent computer tomography to even "see" that).

Let's see, "Why is your identity so attached to "oil and gas"?  I guess I thought this website was oilprice.com?   I thought this discussion was  Biden's Executive Order on putting a stop to leasing for "oil and gas". Perhaps you are on the wrong site?  I think UT Austin has some sort of group you could join to discuss alternative employment for students in Petroleum Engineering.  

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

On 1/31/2021 at 11:29 PM, LANDMAN X said:

Biden's pen is coming out again and it's going to be another blow to crude oil, especially ND.  This guy is a child with a pen that needs to run out of ink by force if necessary.  Out of control would be a good word on this news:

Climate activists and some indigenous organizations rejoiced at the killing of Keystone XL and are now calling on President Biden to take action on Dakota Access, Enbridge’s Line 3 expansion and replacement program, and Enbridge’s Line 5 replacement plan in Michigan.

He's getting pressure on Keystone, and hopefully he listens (or whoever is whipping out those Executive Orders) and stops before he does more damage.  We can only hope, but they'll think it will give Trump a win, so it's unlikely.  

• Upvote 2

(edited)

49 minutes ago, JoMack said:

Let's see, "Why is your identity so attached to "oil and gas"?  I guess I thought this website was oilprice.com?   I thought this discussion was  Biden's Executive Order on putting a stop to leasing for "oil and gas". Perhaps you are on the wrong site?  I think UT Austin has some sort of group you could join to discuss alternative employment for students in Petroleum Engineering.  

The banner says "oil and energy" news. I left Texas long ago, but Austin was a chill place! UT Austin used to have a significant brain drain to silicon valley (especially for Electrical, Computer Engineering/Science), i'm glad it's reversed now. Anyways, I agree with "famous" turing award winner David Patterson, that from a computational physics standpoint, it is a new golden era of computer architecture, where energy and power usage is pivotol. https://simons.berkeley.edu/events/new-golden-age-for-computer-architecture

Edited by surrept33

41 minutes ago, surrept33 said:

The banner says "oil and energy" news. I left Texas long ago, but Austin was a chill place! UT Austin used to have a significant brain drain to silicon valley (especially for Electrical, Computer Engineering/Science), i'm glad it's reversed now. Anyways, I agree with "famous" turing award winner David Patterson, that from a computational physics standpoint, it is a new golden era of computer architecture, where energy and power usage is pivotol. https://simons.berkeley.edu/events/new-golden-age-for-computer-architecture

Not going to argue but you apparently missed the Discussion header so with that said I hope you find your miracle computational physics era of computer architecture so you can drive your car. Now, don't get your pants in a twist, just being a bit sarcastic.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoMack said:

Biden's pen is coming out again and it's going to be another blow to crude oil, especially ND.  This guy is a child with a pen that needs to run out of ink by force if necessary.  Out of control would be a good word on this news:

Climate activists and some indigenous organizations rejoiced at the killing of Keystone XL and are now calling on President Biden to take action on Dakota Access, Enbridge’s Line 3 expansion and replacement program, and Enbridge’s Line 5 replacement plan in Michigan.

He's getting pressure on Keystone, and hopefully he listens (or whoever is whipping out those Executive Orders) and stops before he does more damage.  We can only hope, but they'll think it will give Trump a win, so it's unlikely.  

If the election were to be held today, I believe Trump would beat Biden 2:1. 

Lots of people voted out of anger, trying to put a face on the virus. Many of them thought Mr. Biden must be a milquetoast, since he was never seen or heard. They have since learned that he sold out to the progressive left. Many people are angry at one or another of Mr. Biden's many executive orders. 

By the time this is over--in four years presumably--Mr. Biden wouldn't be able to win a post as dogcatcher. But of course his family will be rich, Mr. Obama will be richer, Ms. Harris will be president, and we will be so confused by gender lexicon that most of us won't call anyone by any sex whatsoever--like a pet goldfish.  

But at that point, there will be another election. If Mr. Trump is healthy and runs, he will win by such a large margin it will overwhelm even the Dominion machines. If he isn't well, or doesn't fancy another tour in the battle zone, I would expect either Josh Hawley or someone of that ilk to win handily. 

The Democrats believe they have this all mapped out. But the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry: the world will likely have lived through a global depression by the time the election rolls around; it is hard to get out of a national debt of $30T. We may well have gone through a shooting war, or even weathered a nuclear event. If California is a reliable prototype, the electrical grid will be unstable in many areas. The price of electricity will be higher and the price of oil/gas will be much, much higher. In such a scenario a Republican wins the race for president, and then, with a stroke of a pen, all these many stupid presidential authority measures will be washed away. 

We just have to hang on for four years. 

• Like 2

On 1/26/2021 at 1:32 PM, Old-Ruffneck said:

Have any of you actually been to S.E. New Mexicos Delaware Basin? I surely have, drilled many holes 40+ yrs ago. Carlsbad Caverns and the WIPP (Waste Isolation Pilot Plant) where they store them used up "nukes" take up a fair amount of land mass. And might have plans on digging more caves in the salt and concreting to expand. Pretty desolate area. The whole area is maybe 150 sq miles, and much of the Delaware has been hammered. Google map satty view and you will understand. So in fact, the remainder of the Delaware could in fact be drilled in a years time. There are enough rigs in Odessa sitting in the yards. 

Please note the actual size of the Delaware. Just in New Mexico ie:

The Mighty Midland Sub Basin | Seeking Alpha

That is where I am currently off Whipp road down from the WIPP site a mile or so.  XTO is working the fed lands hard, running 4 frac crews currently, an 8 well pad, we are on a 4 well pad, moving to 6 well pad when done here...my question is how can they just cancel leases already done?  Wouldn't that be like buying a car and dealership just comes and gets it? Guess I will make a whole year out of this hitch.  I know oil is not going away rapidly, but the idea of cutting jobs and sourcing it to countries who burn the flag and say "death to Americans" is STUPID and goes against what being a blue collar American is to me.

• Great Response! 3

On 1/31/2021 at 1:17 PM, surrept33 said:

You do realize that private contributions mean nothing in politics since the elites managed to push the 1974 "campaign finance" bill through which just means the average american cannot support their chosen candidate.  Buffet gave his millions upon millions to PAC's who then support the candidates he chooses just like all the other corrupt people today. 

For instance in 2012 he gave $1Billion to: Super PAC Priorities USA Action. Which supports all left of center democrats. 

What rock have you been under all these years to post such drivel links?  Unless you purposefully posted them to obfuscate reality as you grind your political axe. 

And NO, Buffet does not support the pipeline, otherwise he would have thrown $$$ behind it.  Actions speak louder than words.  By not allowing the pipeline he gets to sell more dilutents up north instead of Bakken oil flowing north as dilutent and he then gets to haul said oil by rail as well... WIN-WIN for him.  A BIG pipeline destroys BOTH of his businesses.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cbrasher1 said:

my question is how can they just cancel leases already done?

Not supposed too. That is why since October 20 they were buy all the leases to last 2 years. N.M better save them royalties....or they will become no.1 poorest state in nation. Might venture that way tomorrow. Another 80 degree day here in Ft.Stockton.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 1:35 AM, surrept33 said:

I think when they say "globalism" they are talking about globalism that means much more than simple economics and trade.  

On 2/8/2021 at 3:38 PM, cbrasher1 said:

. we are on a 4 well pad, moving to 6 well pad when done here...my question is how can they just cancel leases already done?  Wouldn't that be like buying a car and dealership just comes and gets it? 

Answer: the same way they canceled an approved $7 Billion Keystone XL  one in which Canada has already spent billions and U.S. contractors had hired thousands of workers , ordered pipe and staged equipment and supplies.  

The Democrats make up their own rules.  Nobody complains or they will cancel you.  

• Upvote 1