Zhong Lu

So Is COVID a Media Hoax or Not?

400k dead.  And rising.  

• Rolling Eye 1

Who said it was a hoax? It's seasonal virus (with no vaccine until recently) and why on earth would you keep counting the deaths instead of separating them into seasonal death groups? You know....like you would any other seasonal virus's?

Stop being emotional it's a bit...

Flu deaths since forever are approaching 500 million!!!!!!!

Ridiculous!

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

The person who puts a dozen exclamation marks in his reply tells others not to be emotional.   Right.  The funny thing about this forum is how you guys never learn.  Instead you just repeat the same conspiracy theories over and over again, even after it failed.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Upvote 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

2 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

The person who puts a dozen exclamation marks in his comment tells others not to be emotional.  The funny thing about this forum is how you guys never learn.  Instead you just repeat the same shi- over and over again, even after it failed.  

I'm making fun of you ;)

(edited)

And I'm telling you that you're always wrong.  Your stupid conspiracy theories lost you the last election.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

And I'm telling you that you're always wrong.  Your stupid conspiracy theories lost you the last election.  

Well I'm still alive, as are all my family and friends....and so unfortunately are you

Some pandemic xDxDxD

(edited)

I'm pretty sure you don't have friends. 😂

Anywho, that's enough for now.  Enjoyed the discussion with you. Makes me feel better about myself.  Hope you enjoy spending the rest of the week posting crap on this forum.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Zhong Lu said:

I'm pretty sure you don't have friends. 😂

I do and they don't eat bat soup xD

• Haha 1

The average lethality of this virus is 0.3-0.5%. Ordinary flu is about 0.01%.

I absolutely do not disregard COVID - this damn thing is not as deadly as other coronaviruses such as SARS, MERS or Ebola, so it does not kill most of the infected, thus limiting the development of the epidemic.

Unfortunately, it spreads relatively easily, but more difficult than the common flu. Unfortunately, it is also several dozen times more deadly than ordinary flu.

Additionally, even in the so-called the first world, the number of deaths is underestimated IMHO at 50%.

In the Third World, it is difficult to talk about any reliable statistics at all.

I think the virus has killed 5-7 million people this year, which is responsible for a significant percentage of deaths worldwide.

Therefore, when I see a fellow passenger riding without a mask, I have a latent aggression.

• Great Response! 2

15 minutes ago, Tomasz said:

Therefore, when I see a fellow passenger riding without a mask, I have a latent aggression.

And if you found out they had COPD, severe Asthma or even lung cancer would you still feel justified with you 'latent aggression'?

Maybe we should go round beating them up?

Well, I believe that human freedom goes as far as this freedom does not hurt other people. Classic liberal view.

And it's not that I'm afraid for myself - my father is 69 years old, my mother is 67 years old and my grandmother lives with them and is 94 years old.

So maybe not that I would beat those who did not wear masks, but I would give them high fines because I don't give a shit about their beliefs if a close family member may die prematurely for this reason.

• Great Response! 1

1 minute ago, Tomasz said:

Well, I believe that human freedom goes as far as this freedom does not hurt other people. Classic liberal view.

And it's not that I'm afraid for myself - my father is 69 years old, my mother is 67 years old and my grandmother lives with them and is 94 years old.

So maybe not that I would beat those who did not wear masks, but I would give them high fines because I don't give a shit about their beliefs if a close family member may die prematurely for this reason.

People with severe lung conditions should NOT wear a mask as they prevent them from breathing properly, We were all told they were exempt and they still are and masks don't really work unless used in the same way they are used in a medical setting....if they did then why on earth are cases still rising after all the measures we've taken? Water molecules easily pass through a mask, that is why you can see your breath in the cold when you wear on....virus strands are much smaller but they will be in those same water molecules.

Washing hands was the best advice but I'll bet anything no one is doing that anymore which just shows what a total joke this is.

Be logical, be sensible and enough with the virtue signaling. Never before have we had such drama....before 2020 no one gave a crap about spreading viruses that can potentially kill the oldest and most vulnerable people in society. I think this is probably down to social media, something I am not on anymore.

Hey the latest thing I heard from some people I know is that they thought the vaccine should not be given to the over 70s (the main group that die from it) and instead give it to the police etc...this is what happens when people who don't think are given power. 

In the UK we've given out 5 million vaccines, we only have 6.5 million over 70s but it turns out they are giving it to anyone including many healthy people....never in a million years should you attempt to vaccinate the healthy population who have no underlying conditions.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've got COPD and asthma and am not worried in the slightest, I will not have the vaccine because I don't care and trust my immune system but if I did get covid or anything else and die from it I will honestly be glad because at least I will not have to listen to stupid retards anymore (not you).

It's a bad flu type illness, but we cannot stop living to stop a few of us from dieing...there is no logic to that at all especially when we've destroyed the education of an entire generation and all the other terrible consequence like suicides, depression etc

I'm in the minority I know but when this is over and we're all sat in the smoking wreckage of a once great economy, when unemployment is through the roof and taxes rise to pay for the mess...people will start complaining again and want the government to do something but they won't be able to do anything!

Enjoy it, because it will make 2008 look like a total joke and no one will forget this...maybe we'll print money for another year or two but prosperity might become a distant memory.

and if you want to blame anyone, don't blame some old man on a bus with a lung condition, blame the country that caused it at least...the one that is enjoying fantastic GDP growth right now.

(edited)

4 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

400k dead.  And rising.  

Rising so we get to blame Biden now right? Murderer! 

Edited by Ward Smith
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Rising so we get to blame Biden now right? Murderer! 

Arrests, 2 days in jail and $1,000 fines for not wearing masks would be a good start. Then we’ll start the counts a month later. Hey we could hire the Arizona sherif for outdoor incarceration. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, El Nikko said:

People with severe lung conditions should NOT wear a mask as they prevent them from breathing properly, We were all told they were exempt and they still are and masks don't really work unless used in the same way they are used in a medical setting....if they did then why on earth are cases still rising after all the measures we've taken? Water molecules easily pass through a mask, that is why you can see your breath in the cold when you wear on....virus strands are much smaller but they will be in those same water molecules.

Washing hands was the best advice but I'll bet anything no one is doing that anymore which just shows what a total joke this is.

Be logical, be sensible and enough with the virtue signaling. Never before have we had such drama....before 2020 no one gave a crap about spreading viruses that can potentially kill the oldest and most vulnerable people in society. I think this is probably down to social media, something I am not on anymore.

Hey the latest thing I heard from some people I know is that they thought the vaccine should not be given to the over 70s (the main group that die from it) and instead give it to the police etc...this is what happens when people who don't think are given power. 

In the UK we've given out 5 million vaccines, we only have 6.5 million over 70s but it turns out they are giving it to anyone including many healthy people....never in a million years should you attempt to vaccinate the healthy population who have no underlying conditions.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've got COPD and asthma and am not worried in the slightest, I will not have the vaccine because I don't care and trust my immune system but if I did get covid or anything else and die from it I will honestly be glad because at least I will not have to listen to stupid retards anymore (not you).

It's a bad flu type illness, but we cannot stop living to stop a few of us from dieing...there is no logic to that at all especially when we've destroyed the education of an entire generation and all the other terrible consequence like suicides, depression etc

I'm in the minority I know but when this is over and we're all sat in the smoking wreckage of a once great economy, when unemployment is through the roof and taxes rise to pay for the mess...people will start complaining again and want the government to do something but they won't be able to do anything!

Enjoy it, because it will make 2008 look like a total joke and no one will forget this...maybe we'll print money for another year or two but prosperity might become a distant memory.

and if you want to blame anyone, don't blame some old man on a bus with a lung condition, blame the country that caused it at least...the one that is enjoying fantastic GDP growth right now.

Inspite of the hyperbole most Americans are working. The idea is to keep infections down so the medical system can keep up. Sure there industries that are in trouble but others are thriving. Brand new taco shack where they take your order from your car seems very busy. Online shopping and delivery is booming. I personally do 100% of my shopping online and spend the same as prepandemic. I’m retired and this adjustment was easy. 
Trump knew of COVID in January. If he would have been aggressive with masks, tracing, 10’s of billions more on testing weekly for workers much of the economy could have been saved and certainly lives been saved. Trump took a knife to a war with hypersonic missiles. We’ll see but Biden seems to get it.

• Great Response! 1

In the NBA who have extreme protocols players still get COVID and get quarenteened. They seem to be back at work 5-7 days later. They get tested every other day. Why not all workers. We spend trillions on supporting holes in the economy but where was the trillion for testing and getting those quarantined back to work. That would have been the expected, smart response. Don’t blame China, blame the maskless and the idiot who got voted out.

• Upvote 2

(edited)

16 hours ago, Tomasz said:

The average lethality of this virus is 0.3-0.5%. Ordinary flu is about 0.01%.

I absolutely do not disregard COVID - this damn thing is not as deadly as other coronaviruses such as SARS, MERS or Ebola, so it does not kill most of the infected, thus limiting the development of the epidemic.

Unfortunately, it spreads relatively easily, but more difficult than the common flu. Unfortunately, it is also several dozen times more deadly than ordinary flu.

Additionally, even in the so-called the first world, the number of deaths is underestimated IMHO at 50%.

In the Third World, it is difficult to talk about any reliable statistics at all.

I think the virus has killed 5-7 million people this year, which is responsible for a significant percentage of deaths worldwide.

Not true. 

The measurement is not methodologically similar. When a heart patient dies of a flu, it ascribed to the heart disease. When it is CV19 related it is attributed to CV19. 

The death rates can be allocated to cause. purely CV19 is 6% of deaths. In all the rest, there is an average of 2.6 comorbidities IIRC, that puts the death rate allocation on a statistical basis to 1/4 of the official "died while testing positive to CV19" which is the sole published statistic of death from the disease. 

The CDC provides 0.2% death rate according to narrow sampling of antibody prevalence. The T cell response shows that only 1 in 3 who were exposed and overcame CV19 had produced antibodies as they had eliminated the infection with their T cell responses. Thus the proper figure for mortality is 0.07% off of the official "died with CV19" numbers, or about .02% when statistically allocated as a cause of death.

The other thing to consider is that recent regional  study in Spain showed an 80% reduction in death rates when vitamin D supplements were distributed to all in the region. They still got infected but far fewer got seriously ill and at a death rate on 20% of the neighboring regions where vit D was not distributed. 

Edited by 0R0
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Boat said:

Inspite of the hyperbole most Americans are working. The idea is to keep infections down so the medical system can keep up. Sure there industries that are in trouble but others are thriving. Brand new taco shack where they take your order from your car seems very busy. Online shopping and delivery is booming. I personally do 100% of my shopping online and spend the same as prepandemic. I’m retired and this adjustment was easy. 
Trump knew of COVID in January. If he would have been aggressive with masks, tracing, 10’s of billions more on testing weekly for workers much of the economy could have been saved and certainly lives been saved. Trump took a knife to a war with hypersonic missiles. We’ll see but Biden seems to get it.

Opinion

6 hours ago, Boat said:

In the NBA who have extreme protocols players still get COVID and get quarenteened. They seem to be back at work 5-7 days later. They get tested every other day. Why not all workers. We spend trillions on supporting holes in the economy but where was the trillion for testing and getting those quarantined back to work. That would have been the expected, smart response. Don’t blame China, blame the maskless and the idiot who got voted out.

Opinion

5 hours ago, 0R0 said:

Not true. 

The measurement is not methodologically similar. When a heart patient dies of a flu, it ascribed to the heart disease. When it is CV19 related it is attributed to CV19. 

The death rates can be allocated to cause. purely CV19 is 6% of deaths. In all the rest, there is an average of 2.6 comorbidities IIRC, that puts the death rate allocation on a statistical basis to 1/4 of the official "died while testing positive to CV19" which is the sole published statistic of death from the disease. 

The CDC provides 0.2% death rate according to narrow sampling of antibody prevalence. The T cell response shows that only 1 in 3 who were exposed and overcame CV19 had produced antibodies as they had eliminated the infection with their T cell responses. Thus the proper figure for mortality is 0.07% off of the official "died with CV19" numbers, or about 0.2% when statistically allocated as a cause of death.

The other thing to consider is that recent regional  study in Spain showed an 80% reduction in death rates when vitamin D supplements were distributed to all in the region. They still got infected but far fewer got seriously ill and at a death rate on 20% of the neighboring regions where vit D was not distributed. 

Facts

7 hours ago, Boat said:

US unemployment is still higher than it was at the peak of the financial crisis.

We've had mandatory masks in the UK for months and months, cases still went up. 

250,000 businesses have permanently closed.

Unemployment in the UK is around 3 million

We were told 2 weeks to flatten the curve, they have now changed the goal posts to waiting until it's gone and we will have been living under restrictions for a year by the time our lockdown finishes.

Right now you cannot drive anywhere unless it is local for for very specific reasons. You cannot travel for exercise, we are not allowed to have friends in our houses or anything...It is probably 100% more strict than most of the US. Schools are still closed, Universities as well. Yet the cases still go up.

I've been to hospital 3 times in the last couple of months and every time it's been dead. No obviously not in ICU but it means that people are not being treated for other things.

We built 'Nightingale' hospitals hospitals months ago, non of them have been used, I think one in London might have had a total of 30 people but that was probably for the media and they were probably being transported from one hospital to another. They have no staff, some have been dismantled.

My friend works in the cremation and burial business he still says that he is no busier than normal give it's winter.

We in the UK did pretty much everything that would be on your dream sheet please explain to me what else you think we should do?

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

US unemployment is still higher than it was at the peak of the financial crisis.

We've had mandatory masks in the UK for months and months, cases still went up. 

250,000 businesses have permanently closed.

Unemployment in the UK is around 3 million

We were told 2 weeks to flatten the curve, they have now changed the goal posts to waiting until it's gone and we will have been living under restrictions for a year by the time our lockdown finishes.

Right now you cannot drive anywhere unless it is local for for very specific reasons. You cannot travel for exercise, we are not allowed to have friends in our houses or anything...It is probably 100% more strict than most of the US. Schools are still closed, Universities as well. Yet the cases still go up.

I've been to hospital 3 times in the last couple of months and every time it's been dead. No obviously not in ICU but it means that people are not being treated for other things.

We built 'Nightingale' hospitals hospitals months ago, non of them have been used, I think one in London might have had a total of 30 people but that was probably for the media and they were probably being transported from one hospital to another. They have no staff, some have been dismantled.

My friend works in the cremation and burial business he still says that he is no busier than normal give it's winter.

We in the UK did pretty much everything that would be on your dream sheet please explain to me what else you think we should do?

Well, you asked: In keeping with the "science" or our governments, one must refrain from activities while in isolation which could lead to blindness.

• Haha 4

(edited)

Larry King has just died. He was 87.  RIP.

His cause of death hasn't been announced yet.  However, he was hospitalized for the Covid19 in December. He also had confronted many medical issues, including Type 2 diabetes, heart attacks, quintuple bypass surgery and lung cancer. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/23/larry-king-award-winning-broadcaster-has-died-at-age-87.html

Edited by Hotone

Anything against mainstream's propaganda is now a hoax. And the biggest hoax is mainstream represent the freedom of speech. 

But media couldn't explain in Covid19:

- Why many other countries don't have lockdown and still function normally but not many people die because of covid19. Excluding the poor countries with the assumption that they don't know why they die, we still have Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Australia, NZ etc. Why it is only the pandemic in Europe or America?

-Why Germany were doing well last March suddenly leads in EU in number of death everyday after the vaccine is out with all of the social distance applied?

The only reason of the rising of all sort of conspiracy theories is because mainstream lost their readers' trust, at least in the US. People can see the inconsistency in mainstream's timeline, or half truth and they will seek answer from other theories with the label of conspiracy n that. In truth, conspiracies theory , no matter how silly they are, represent the freedom of speech. The only way to counter conspiracy theories are transparency and no partisan narrative in mainstream.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Opinion

Isn’t that why were here?