Zhong Lu

So Is COVID a Media Hoax or Not?

23 minutes ago, SUZNV said:

Anything against mainstream's propaganda is now a hoax. And the biggest hoax is mainstream represent the freedom of speech. 

But media couldn't explain in Covid19:

- Why many other countries don't have lockdown and still function normally but not many people die because of covid19. Excluding the poor countries with the assumption that they don't know why they die, we still have Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Australia, NZ etc. Why it is only the pandemic in Europe or America?

-Why Germany were doing well last March suddenly leads in EU in number of death everyday after the vaccine is out with all of the social distance applied?

The only reason of the rising of all sort of conspiracy theories is because mainstream lost their readers' trust, at least in the US. People can see the inconsistency in mainstream's timeline, or half truth and they will seek answer from other theories with the label of conspiracy n that. In truth, conspiracies theory , no matter how silly they are, represent the freedom of speech. The only way to counter conspiracy theories are transparency and no partisan narrative in mainstream.

I live outside Houston. I think the media is fine. They show pictures of huge clubs packed with partiers with no masks. They report on churches with large groups of people gathering in one room. Funerals and weddings that result in more cases and sometimes deaths. So yea, why not blame the media. Many of my red neighbors run around with no masks. Sadly they have pulled their Trump signs.

• Like 1

If we get to the point masks are mandatory with a fine I hope there is a finders fee for the law breakers. I’ll buy me a drone and go hunting. Now that’s Capitalism.

• Haha 1

(edited)

46 minutes ago, Boat said:

If we get to the point masks are mandatory with a fine I hope there is a finders fee for the law breakers. I’ll buy me a drone and go hunting. Now that’s Capitalism.

No.  That's called being a tattletale.

image.png.a373c657c2151c8db896bc24d18b65df.png

This is a trait commonly found in Germany.  I kid you not.  At times during the 5 years I lived there, this one trait sometimes gave the experience a surreal feeling of being inside some kind of national Kindergarten.

Edited by Dan Warnick

31 minutes ago, Boat said:

I live outside Houston. I think the media is fine. They show pictures of huge clubs packed with partiers with no masks. They report on churches with large groups of people gathering in one room. Funerals and weddings that result in more cases and sometimes deaths. So yea, why not blame the media. Many of my red neighbors run around with no masks. Sadly they have pulled their Trump signs.

Really?  Could you share a media story where the gatherings of which you speak resulted in deaths?  Or is throwing in "and sometimes deaths" something you and the MSM add to any sentence, not based on fact, in an attempt to make your points seem to hold some validity?

In any case, if you stay in your house from now on, you will not be affected.  

3 hours ago, El Nikko said:

US unemployment is still higher than it was at the peak of the financial crisis.

We've had mandatory masks in the UK for months and months, cases still went up. 

250,000 businesses have permanently closed.

Unemployment in the UK is around 3 million

We were told 2 weeks to flatten the curve, they have now changed the goal posts to waiting until it's gone and we will have been living under restrictions for a year by the time our lockdown finishes.

Right now you cannot drive anywhere unless it is local for for very specific reasons. You cannot travel for exercise, we are not allowed to have friends in our houses or anything...It is probably 100% more strict than most of the US. Schools are still closed, Universities as well. Yet the cases still go up.

I've been to hospital 3 times in the last couple of months and every time it's been dead. No obviously not in ICU but it means that people are not being treated for other things.

We built 'Nightingale' hospitals hospitals months ago, non of them have been used, I think one in London might have had a total of 30 people but that was probably for the media and they were probably being transported from one hospital to another. They have no staff, some have been dismantled.

My friend works in the cremation and burial business he still says that he is no busier than normal give it's winter.

We in the UK did pretty much everything that would be on your dream sheet please explain to me what else you think we should do?

@SUZNV

You may consider the UK's lockdown to be too disruptive, but unfortunately, maybe your rules are not strict enough.  Consider how much more strict and thorough it is in China.

E.g., residents in some areas of Shijiazhuang (capital of Hebei province) where there is a recent outbreak, are not even allowed to leave their houses at all.  Others in lower risk areas are allowed to go outdoors but must stay within their residential compounds.  The CCP government has organized for groceries and food to be delivered to these areas. 

A video posted on Chinese social media showed a man being restrained and tied to a tree by epidemic control workers after he went outside for a walk. The workers shouted at the man: "You're outside when the pandemic situation is so serious! How dare you! Tie him up tightly! F*** you!"

The CCP government have also conducted 3 rounds of nucleic acid testing on all the residents of the city and some of the surrounding countryside, numbering more than 11 million people.  In addition, they have built massive quarantine centers to house close contacts of confirmed virus patients.

https://amp.france24.com/en/asia-pacific/20210120-china-rushes-to-build-quarantine-center-in-new-covid-19-hotspot-hebei

I was watching these 2 British vloggers, and they say that in the UK and the West, too many people disregard the government guidelines.  It is different in China where citizens voluntarily obey the rules.  Consequently, lockdowns may be pointless in the UK and other Western countries.  Vaccines will be the only way to bring an end to this pandemic.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Denmark is now sequencing every positive Coronavirus test to check for the new variant, and while their overall case count is dropping, they have found that the number of new variant cases is rising at a very rapid rate.  The US is sequencing 0.3% of positive tests. 

Denmark is sequencing all coronavirus samples and has an alarming view of the U.K. variant
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/uk-variant-covid-denmark/2021/01/22/ddfaf420-5453-11eb-acc5-92d2819a1ccb_story.html

Excerpt:

Like a speeding car whose brake lines have been cut, the coronavirus  variant first spotted in Britain is spreading at an alarming rate and isn’t responding to established ways of slowing the pandemic, according to Danish scientists who have one of the world’s best views into the new, more contagious strain.

Cases involving the variant are increasing 70 percent a week in Denmark, despite a strict lockdown, according to Denmark’s State Serum Institute, a government agency that tracks diseases and advises health policy.

“We’re losing some of the tools that we have to control the epidemic,” said Tyra Grove Krause, scientific director of the institute, which this past week began sequencing every positive coronavirus test to check for mutations. By contrast, the United States is sequencing 0.3 percent of cases, ranking it 43rd in the world and leaving it largely blind to the variant’s spread.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Friday suggested for the first time that the variant may be more deadly than the original virus. Because it can spread more easily, it can also quickly overwhelm medical systems, turning previously survivable bouts with the virus into perilous ones if hospitals are full and medical care is limited.

Danish public health officials say that if it weren’t for their extensive monitoring, they would be feeling a false sense of confidence right now. Overall, new daily confirmed cases of the coronavirus in Denmark have been dropping for a month.

“Without this variant, we would be in really good shape,” said Camilla Holten Moller, the co-leader of the State Serum Institute group modeling the spread of the virus.

“If you just look at the reproduction number, you just wouldn’t see that it was in growth underneath at all,” she said.

But the British variant  project it will be the dominant strain of the virus in their country as early as mid-February.

That would put Denmark ahead of the United States, where the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned Friday  that the U.K. variant, known as B.1.1.7, could be prevalent by March.

“Without this variant, we would be in really good shape,” said Camilla Holten Moller, the co-leader of the State Serum Institute group modeling the spread of the virus.

“If you just look at the reproduction number, you just wouldn’t see that it was in growth underneath at all,” she said.

But the British variant  is spreading so quickly that Danish authorities project it will be the dominant strain of the virus in their country as early as mid-February.

That would put Denmark ahead of the United States, where the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned Friday that the U.K. variant, known as B.1.1.7, could be prevalent by March.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boat said:

Dude, Saigon has much higher population density and people parties all the time during Covid19. Remember California beach last summer? How do you explain Germany with higher death rates now than in April while they surely have more masks and social distance just when the vaccine is available?  

The media changes it view in covid19 all the time since March 2020 until now, they lost the credit themselves long before that as well and now they are blaming people who don't believe them? 

If you look around US with the media, it may make sense. But if you look at the world scale with time lines, it doesn't. That's why I never depend on any media to view the world, either in Vietnam, NZ or the US.

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

37 minutes ago, Hotone said:

@SUZNV

You may consider the UK's lockdown to be too disruptive, but unfortunately, maybe your rules are not strict enough.  Consider how much more strict and thorough it is in China.

E.g., residents in some areas of Shijiazhuang (capital of Hebei province) where there is a recent outbreak, are not even allowed to leave their houses at all.  Others in lower risk areas are allowed to go outdoors but must stay within their residential compounds.  The CCP government has organized for groceries and food to be delivered to these areas. 

A video posted on Chinese social media showed a man being restrained and tied to a tree by epidemic control workers after he went outside for a walk. The workers shouted at the man: "You're outside when the pandemic situation is so serious! How dare you! Tie him up tightly! F*** you!"

The CCP government have also conducted 3 rounds of nucleic acid testing on all the residents of the city and some of the surrounding countryside, numbering more than 11 million people.  In addition, they have built massive quarantine centers to house close contacts of confirmed virus patients.

https://amp.france24.com/en/asia-pacific/20210120-china-rushes-to-build-quarantine-center-in-new-covid-19-hotspot-hebei

I was watching these 2 British vloggers, and they say that in the UK and the West, too many people disregard the government guidelines.  It is different in China where citizens voluntarily obey the rules.  Consequently, lockdowns may be pointless in the UK and other Western countries.  Vaccines will be the only way to bring an end to this pandemic.

No I have no idea. @El Nikko may , lol. 

But seriously if the world economics bubble burst because for covid19, then it affects generations and future of many people in the whole world. And how many people in the past risking  their life just in the hope for better future?

How many countries has Covid19 better than China and among them, their people don't really listen to Government guidelines. Why would it only a problem in Western Countries? Blame people for not listening to government and media sounds weird to me. We don't have an economy with these kinds of disease control. I don't think China can shine without the rest of the world economy.

Edited by SUZNV
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Boat said:

Arrests, 2 days in jail and $1,000 fines for not wearing masks would be a good start. Then we’ll start the counts a month later. Hey we could hire the Arizona sherif for outdoor incarceration. 

You win the Kewpie doll for the most ignorant poster on the site. You just haven't been paying attention. This was always about removing Trump and destroying the middle class. Even then it failed at removing Trump so they had to cheat like hell. Needless to say, the "big guy" Biden, after 49 years in office is the very definition of Deep State so they're confident they'll get away with it. We'll see 

CE079440-1163-4E10-8D6E-33D825B6FFB2.png

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hotone said:

A video posted on Chinese social media showed a man being restrained and tied to a tree by epidemic control workers after he went outside for a walk.

I'll pass that on to Boris because I'm sure he would love tying us up to trees.

Being outside in winter is one of the best things anyone can do. 95% of people who die from Covid have low Vitamin D and therefore poor immune systems.

I have probably spoken face to face with less than 30-40 other people in the last year so no one's going to tell me I didn't do enough...I've literally not been anywhere. Not because of the virus but mainly because my tolerance of idiots is a bit like WTI prices last year....-37 and one funny look is likely to end up in some kind of altercation.

While you may or may not have been facetious I would ask....WHY ARE WE COPYING CHINA IN EVERYTHING ALL OF A SUDDEN??? Are they the gold standard of everything? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SUZNV said:

No I have no idea. @El Nikko may , lol. 

But seriously if the world economics bubble burst because for covid19, then it affects generations and future of many people in the whole world. And how many people in the past risking  their life just in the hope for better future?

How many countries has Covid19 better than China and among them, their people don't really listen to Government guidelines. Why would it only a problem in Western Countries? Blame people for not listening to government and media sounds weird to me. We don't have an economy with these kinds of disease control. I don't think China can shine without the rest of the world economy.

China probably lied to the world and hid it's true death numbers but the west certainly have exaggerated their deaths.

What conclusion can you make from this? 

In a logical world I could have seen China being blamed (probably a bit unfairly) and sanctions being put on them so that the west could stay in top position...but I'm not sure we live in a logical world anymore lol 

• Upvote 2

(edited)

46 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

I'll pass that on to Boris because I'm sure he would love tying us up to trees.

Being outside in winter is one of the best things anyone can do. 95% of people who die from Covid have low Vitamin D and therefore poor immune systems.

I have probably spoken face to face with less than 30-40 other people in the last year so no one's going to tell me I didn't do enough...I've literally not been anywhere. Not because of the virus but mainly because my tolerance of idiots is a bit like WTI prices last year....-37 and one funny look is likely to end up in some kind of altercation.

While you may or may not have been facetious I would ask....WHY ARE WE COPYING CHINA IN EVERYTHING ALL OF A SUDDEN??? Are they the gold standard of everything? 

The new lockdown durations in China are very short - just 2 weeks, and not the 76 days that Wuhan had to endure. It's long enough to conduct 3 rounds of nucleic acid testing on everyone and catch all cases of Covid infection.  Those infected will undergo treatment and their contacts will be sent to the newly built quarantine centers.  Your point about Vitamin D is valid, but 2 WEEKS of confinement is a small sacrifice to pay for long term freedom.  The key really is testing, testing, testing and contact tracing.

China is one of the countries able to contain the virus (others are Taiwan, Vietnam, Australia and New Zealand), and there may be lessons you can learn and adapt.  But like the vloggers mentioned, for a number of reasons, it is impossible for the West to copy China.  

Edited by Hotone

5 minutes ago, Hotone said:

The new lockdown durations in China are very short - just 2 weeks, and not the 76 days that Wuhan had to endure. It's long enough to conduct 3 rounds of nucleic acid testing on everyone and catch all cases of Covid infection.  Those infected will undergo treatment and their contacts will be sent to the newly built quarantine centers.  Your point about Vitamin D is valid, but 2 WEEKS of confinement is a small sacrifice to pay for long term freedom.  The key really is testing, testing, testing and contact tracing.

China is one of the countries able to contain the virus (others are Taiwan, Vietnam, Australia and New Zealand), and there may be lessons you can learn and adapt.  But like the vloggers mentioned, for a number of reasons, it is impossible for the West to copy China.  

Are you from China by any chance?

• Great Response! 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, El Nikko said:

Are you from China by any chance?

No, I am from Malaysia. 

I have worked for British linked firms for many years - companies like Shell Oil and a couple of IT system integration companies.  After the Recession of 2008, European IT companies gradually pulled out from my part of the world. 

I ended up doing contract work for Indian and Chinese IT companies.  I get along better with my Indian colleagues for reasons of communication, cultural affinity and their professional IT competence.  However, I earned a lot more money working for the Chinese - for doing a lot less work 😆

Like those British vloggers, I have a bias towards China because of previous financial benefits.  In general, that is the case here with Malaysians.  We depend on the West for education, but we depend on China for our economy.  That inter-dependence has been growing and will become even greater due to RCEP.  The West is still relevant, but not important for our future well being.

Edited by Hotone
  • Like 1

Just now, Hotone said:

No, I am from Malaysia. 

I have worked for British linked firms for many years - companies like Shell Oil and a couple of IT system integration companies.  After the Recession of 2008, European IT companies gradually pulled out from my part of the world. 

I ended up doing contract work for Indian and Chinese IT companies.  I get along better with my Indian colleagues for reasons of communication, cultural affinity and their professional IT competence.  However, I earned a lot more money working for the Chinese - for doing a lot less work 😆

Like those British vloggers, I have a bias towards China because of previous financial benefits.  In general, that is the case here with Malaysians.  We depend on the West for education, but we depend on China for our economy.  The inter-dependence has been growing and will become even greater due to RCEP.  The West is still relevant, but not important for our future well being.

Thanks for the honestly

and to be quite clear...I really don't care and have no sides anymore.

My feeling is the future is already decided by the elites.

I too have worked all over the world and have many good memories of working with people from different countries.

I have worked with people from Malaysia so I guess you are of Indian heritage? 

• Great Response! 1

1 minute ago, El Nikko said:

I have worked with people from Malaysia so I guess you are of Indian heritage? 

I choose not to disclose my ethnicity 😉, but what I mentioned above is true.  

1 minute ago, Hotone said:

I choose not to disclose my ethnicity 😉, but what I mentioned above is true.  

Oh sorry I didn't mean that. I have worked with a few guys who were from Malaysia and they looked Indian but they were born there. I had no idea in the role of the Empire in moving people around the globe to do certain jobs or be managers etc and they told me about the history and I had absolutely no idea up to that point.

What a world we live in!

• Like 1

(edited)

4 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

Oh sorry I didn't mean that. I have worked with a few guys who were from Malaysia and they looked Indian but they were born there. I had no idea in the role of the Empire in moving people around the globe to do certain jobs or be managers etc and they told me about the history and I had absolutely no idea up to that point.

What a world we live in!

Kamala Harris is a Tamil, the same Indian ethnic group as the majority of Malaysian Indians.  That's so cool! 

Going by the comments on this forum, Biden will likely not last a full term.  She will become the next POTUS!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityaray/2021/01/21/long-live-kamala-harris-vice-presidents-ancestral-village-in-india-erupts-with-joy-photos/

Edited by Hotone
  • Like 1

Yes, COVID is a media hoax.

it’s a bad flu - nothing more.

will kill the infirm and compromised in richer countries where immunity is low.

Poor countries have mild infections.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hotone said:

Kamala Harris is a Tamil, the same Indian ethnic group as the majority of Malaysian Indians.  That's so cool!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityaray/2021/01/21/long-live-kamala-harris-vice-presidents-ancestral-village-in-india-erupts-with-joy-photos/

I don't like the stuff she said supporting violence last year.

But I would be interested to hear you take on what you think will happen going forward in regards to the West and other nations, you've probably said it in previous posts so you could link them if you want.

We will probably disagree on much but then most people who disagree with me probably don't understand what my personal beliefs are because they're forbidden but I stated some of them in the 'Navalny Poisoning Weakens Russo German Relations' thread.

I think the world is probably going to be in some form of turmoil for the next 5-10 years before 'normalising'

Cheers

• Upvote 3

(edited)

37 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

I don't like the stuff she said supporting violence last year.

But I would be interested to hear you take on what you think will happen going forward in regards to the West and other nations, you've probably said it in previous posts so you could link them if you want.

We will probably disagree on much but then most people who disagree with me probably don't understand what my personal beliefs are because they're forbidden but I stated some of them in the 'Navalny Poisoning Weakens Russo German Relations' thread.

I think the world is probably going to be in some form of turmoil for the next 5-10 years before 'normalising'

Cheers

The Conservatives on this forum keep on going after Joe Biden.  But he sees himself as a unifier and a president for all Americans.  In the future, stimulus handouts will be so important for Americans to repair the economy.  I think that Joe Biden is a liberal, forgiving and magnanimous person, and will be generous to all segments of Americans society.  Conservatives should appreciate him more and work with him to rebuild America for all.

In my opinion, Kamala, given her background as a prosecutor, is tough, and can be 'nasty' (according to Trump) and even vindictive.  If Conservatives continue to attack her when she becomes POTUS, then she may cut them out of any stimulus benefits and just redirect everything to her progressive base.  Who knows what else she may do.

Edited by Hotone
  • Rolling Eye 1

30 minutes ago, Hotone said:

The Conservatives on this forum keep on going after Joe Biden.  But he sees himself as a unifier and a president for all Americans.  In the future, stimulus handouts will be so important for Americans to repair the economy.  I think that Joe Biden is a liberal, forgiving and magnanimous person, and will be generous to all segments of Americans society.  Conservatives should appreciate him more and work with him to rebuild America for all.

In my opinion, Kamala, given her background as a prosecutor, is tough, and can be 'nasty' (according to Trump) and even vindictive.  If Conservatives continue to attack her when she becomes POTUS, then she may cut them out of any stimulus benefits and just redirect everything to her progressive base.  Who knows what else she may do.

Ok but the money printing will end in total disaster eventually...it is what caused the US stocks to balloon to very dangerous proportions.

I expect we'll see a massive crash in the US stock market and that will have a knock on effect around the world.

I am actually really surprised no one has been talking about this issue unless I am totally wrong which maybe possible.

I've had enough of politics but Kamala isn't a nice person..she said last year that the rioters should keep on going last year. If Trump had said that then everyone would have gone mad.

Everyone in Biden's cabinet are from Obama's era....they're going to start more wars! The main reason I liked Trump is he was against it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, El Nikko said:

Ok but the money printing will end in total disaster eventually...it is what caused the US stocks to balloon to very dangerous proportions.

I expect we'll see a massive crash in the US stock market and that will have a knock on effect around the world.

I am actually really surprised no one has been talking about this issue unless I am totally wrong which maybe possible.

I've had enough of politics but Kamala isn't a nice person..she said last year that the rioters should keep on going last year. If Trump had said that then everyone would have gone mad.

Everyone in Biden's cabinet are from Obama's era....they're going to start more wars! The main reason I liked Trump is he was against it.

Your are right that Trump hasn't started any wars.  However, his administration could have caused a disastrous famine in Yemen, where there is already a humanitarian crisis.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/14/famine-us-yemen-decision-will-lead-to-disaster-predicts-un

(edited)

3 hours ago, Roy Mathur said:

Yes, COVID is a media hoax.

it’s a bad flu - nothing more.

will kill the infirm and compromised in richer countries where immunity is low.

Poor countries have mild infections.

Yes, a REALLY BAD "flu".  Here is what I pay attention to (which is several weeks behind while death certificates are tallied).  I believe this is SERIOUS. If you believe otherwise, may the Lord be with you.

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by turbguy
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1