(edited)

Edited by Roch
  • Great Response! 4
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

The Communists are busting the Taiwan ADIZ routinely, the idea being to wear down the resistance until the Taiwanese give up.  Each incursion causes the Taiwan Air Force to go scramble several jets, and that wears out the machinery, and is costly to Taiwan. Since the mythical "border" in the Taiwan Straits is quite close to the Mainland shore, not down the centerline, busting that ADIZ border is easy enough to do.  The Taiwanese insist on responding to show China that they are not intimidated.  But all it does is grind up the aircraft  - plus giving the Communists exact data on response times, which is handy in the event of actual invasion. 

The US could, if it wanted to, station a carrier group in the Strait, and park 500 Abrams M1A2 heavy tanks over there, plus some 50,000 troops,  but since the USA is disengaging with Asia, I don't see it happening.  China is not going to invade the place any more than it would invade Hong Kong, it would lead to being shut out of Western markets.  Trying to sell their vast output capacity to say Pakistan gets old fast.  They need those markets in the West.  So, annoying the Taiwan govt and letting it collapse is their strategy. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jan van Eck said:

The Communists are busting the Taiwan ADIZ routinely, the idea being to wear down the resistance until the Taiwanese give up.  Each incursion causes the Taiwan Air Force to go scramble several jets, and that wears out the machinery, and is costly to Taiwan. Since the mythical "border" in the Taiwan Straits is quite close to the Mainland shore, not down the centerline, busting that ADIZ border is easy enough to do.  The Taiwanese insist on responding to show China that they are not intimidated.  But all it does is grind up the aircraft  - plus giving the Communists exact data on response times, which is handy in the event of actual invasion. 

The US could, if it wanted to, station a carrier group in the Strait, and park 500 Abrams M1A2 heavy tanks over there, plus some 50,000 troops,  but since the USA is disengaging with Asia, I don't see it happening.  China is not going to invade the place any more than it would invade Hong Kong, it would lead to being shut out of Western markets.  Trying to sell their vast output capacity to say Pakistan gets old fast.  They need those markets in the West.  So, annoying the Taiwan govt and letting it collapse is their strategy. 

I've been predicting the takeover of Taiwan since Biden was selected as the candidate. The Chinese own him, lock, stock and barrel. They're not worried about being cut off from western markets. Western countries are worried about being cut off from cheap Chinese goods, including as this fustercluck has proven, the precursor drugs needed to support Big Pharma. Biden won't do a thing when China takes over, but it won't start with shooting, they've been Shown the way. One phony election, a "pro" China candidate no one voted for and that President asking for "help" from China. 

Your logic is sound Jan, but you mistakenly believe the CCP will follow logic. They won't. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 4
  • Upvote 4

I have no idea whether China will invade Taiwan or not but Ward is completely right: they own 90% of the precursors to pharmaceutical drugs used in the United States. 

It is amazing that we allowed this to occur. Mr. Trump deserves credit for calling it out and making plans to "bring them home," which was an impossible task in the midst of a pandemic, what with all the demands on pharmaceutical houses. 

Until we resolve that very crucial Achilles Heel, we can't do much of anything against China . . . and they know it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

It was an early strategic move by pharma and China where the Chinese put up the capital and the Pharmas got to run their new plants with no real regulatory oversight but for FDA inspectors they brought in. 

It dates back to the early 1990s Was a done deal by 2000s.

China spent a fortune at the time to do it. 

• Upvote 5

(edited)

What do you generally dislike in China behaviour ?

The USA has been pressing the world as a hegemon for 70 years.

Only now a real competitor worthy to fight the American power has finally appeared.

I do not want to worry you, but for some 2-3 years I have the impression that China is getting everything it really wants and the USA is getting less and less of what it plans.

They beat you up with COVID with knockout, won a trade war with the US,  signed a huge trade agreement in Asia without US participation, signed an investment agreement with the EU where the vote was reportedly 28-1 - only opposed by Poland, a loyal US ally.

Time to get over it. China has obviously felt blood and will now be pressing as hard as it can  repeating exacly what Reagan did to the Soviet Union.

No China maximum pressure on the USA is, as Talleyrand said, not a catastrophe it is a mistake.

China now really must press you always and everywhere until it finally becomes a global hegemon and the USA only became  a 2nd category great power, then you will have finally  a chance to get along in new global pax sinica.

Edited by Tomasz
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

If they got wind of serious forces being sent to Taiwan they they might be forced to invade but I highly doubt they would if they can use a form of 'softer' and 'coercive' power. They are probably waiting out the so called 'demise' of US overseas power due to economic reasons in my opinion and even trying to grind the US down by making them pay for these very costly deployments at a time where debt is skyrocketing and GDP falling. In historical terms these conditions can and have led to war, neither side wants it but who ever did want a serious war? I still think events will turn this into an economic war and not a hot one but Biden's administration doesn't appear to be thinking like that at the moment. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

I have no idea whether China will invade Taiwan or not but Ward is completely right: they own 90% of the precursors to pharmaceutical drugs used in the United States. 

It is amazing that we allowed this to occur. Mr. Trump deserves credit for calling it out and making plans to "bring them home," which was an impossible task in the midst of a pandemic, what with all the demands on pharmaceutical houses. 

Until we resolve that very crucial Achilles Heel, we can't do much of anything against China . . . and they know it. 

China gave their "Coast Guard" orders to fire on any ships in the South China Sea.  So, 30% of global maritime crude oil trade passes through the sea.  If China shuts down the shipping lanes, what will Biden do?  This is a major threat and perhaps will be the biggest challenge to the new Administration.  We know the Biden family along with McConnell, Pelosi, Feinstein, Swalwell owe their fortunes to China.  Hunter Biden still holds 10% interest in an investment firm owned by the Chinese government.  I wonder how much pushback Big Business will give to China if the trillions in trade is stopped cold.  So, in one week, Biden has multiple catastrophes he's created without any plan as far as we can find.  He's just taxing, regulating, banning and sleeping at the wheel as China moves in for the kill, or at least a major challenge to U.S. power.  

And, one question, on the other side in Congress, is:   how long will it be before the left eliminates the filibuster?  2 weeks?  2 months?  2 days?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

(edited)

By the way,  don't you know if the Chinese are also going to fight all kinds of gender discrimination and racial discrimination in their army with all due respect.

Because that's what your new secretary of defense was announcing.

The idea is glorious, of course, but when the Chinese fly over Taiwan, it probably should not be of the highest priority.

Edited by Tomasz
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Roch said:

Nothing.

He's probably taking his nap. 

They are testing Joe.

China owns Joe Biden (and McConnell, Pelosi, Feinstein,  Swalwell)

https://www.breitbart.com/news/us-reaffirms-taiwan-support-after-china-sends-warplanes/ 

Hopefully Dr. Jill Biden (Shadow President) will condemn Chinese provocations .  This can't go unanswered

The Chinese will occasionally send planes thru Taiwan airspace.  But it is always one, sometimes two reconnaissance planes.

* They sent 15 planes Sunday including .  .  .  .

A total of six J-10 fighters, four J-16s, two SU-30s, one Y-8 reconnaissance aircraft and two Y-8 anti-submarine aircraft, were sent by China, the ministry said in a statement

* And 12 planes on Saturday including .  .  .  

It follows China sending eight nuclear-capable bombers and four fighter jets into the same airspace on Saturday.  

The world has become much more dangerous this week. 

U.S. adversaries can smell Joe's weakness.

Joe probably thought the Taiwan fly-by was the Chinese congratulating him for a successful campaign.

Funny, Hunter wasn't in the family photo at the Lincoln Memorial taken last week during inauguration ceremonies.  Where's Hunter ?

Somewhere with Carmen SanDiego.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

The plandemic, I've said over and again, was/is brilliant in so may ways.  You have just pointed out another, and it is a critical one.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

It is a pity that only 2 Su-30. Well, the Chinese have only 24 of them.

So I really hope that at least the S-400 are waiting at the ready,

Edited by Tomasz
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Roch said:

The Chinese will occasionally send planes thru Taiwan airspace.  But it is always one, sometimes two reconnaissance planes.

* They sent 15 planes Sunday including .  .  .  .

A total of six J-10 fighters, four J-16s, two SU-30s, one Y-8 reconnaissance aircraft and two Y-8 anti-submarine aircraft, were sent by China, the ministry said in a statement

* And 12 planes on Saturday including .  .  .  

It follows China sending eight nuclear-capable bombers and four fighter jets into the same airspace on Saturday.  

If the Chinese sent 15 war planes over Taiwan Airspace when Trump was President he would probably have sent the Pacific Fleet's 70 ships and submarines thru the Taiwan Straights. 

LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

I've been predicting the takeover of Taiwan since Biden was selected as the candidate

Pretty sure you predicted a Trump victory.  No revision to your mistakes.

42 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

It was an early strategic move by pharma and China where the Chinese put up the capital and the Pharmas got to run their new plants with no real regulatory oversight but for FDA inspectors they brought in. 

It dates back to the early 1990s Was a done deal by 2000s.

China spent a fortune at the time to do it. 

Was China that smart back then, or did they have "guidance"?  I mean other than from the obvious profit motive by big pharma?  It seems to me that Klaus and company saw, and still see, China as a useful tool.  Low cost (more or less) forced labor force, CCP hungry for substantial pieces of substantial pies, no legal recourse other than a bought and paid for WTO, which has since been made completely impotent by Trump, so not even a semblance of legal recourse, and they can lock anyone out at any time for any reason.  If Klaus and his comrades helped this along as far back as the 90s, all they had to do was have a series of meetings with the CCP after some time to educate them as to their newly acquired power (supply of pharmaceuticals to the West).  Job done!  Next.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tomasz said:

It is a pity that only 2 Su-30. Well, the Chinese have only 24 of them.

So I really hope that at least the S-400 are waiting at the ready,

Actually they copied the Su-30/33 depriving Russia of the revenue from selling more of them, they're called J-15 and J-16 so have far more than that. I believe Russia stopped any more sales due to this (typical) behaviour.

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

4 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

Actually they copied the Su-30/33 depriving Russia of the revenue from selling more of them, they're called J-15 and J-16 so have far more than that. I believe Russia stopped any more sales due to this (typical) behaviour.

Too late.  They only needed a few in order to launch their reverse engineering forces on them.  And don't discount those forces because they have been doing their duties for a long time, and know how to work around most major obstacles.

• Upvote 3

(edited)

17 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Too late.  They only needed a few in order to launch their reverse engineering forces on them.  And don't discount those forces because they have been doing their duties for a long time, and know how to work around most major obstacles.

Yes and it might be fair to say than while Russia (with all the sanctions) was forced into it, maybe the US and other countries were sort of forced to because of the allure of all of that China money and the greed of our elites.

I don't really blame China, they were handed every opportunity on a plate and took it...and why wouldn't you? The people who allowed this to happen really should be in jail........oh that sounds familiar.

I have pondered if historically we're maybe in a 1930s type scenario, a giant boom, a huge depression/recession (maybe coming?) combined with massive interdependence on adversaries (which is more likely to lead to conflict than between countries with none). We keep telling each other that history teaches us something and then we don't listen at the critical juncture.

This could go on for years 

Edited by El Nikko
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

With all due respect in the tass agency, Putin spoke about two years ago that the Russians are helping to build the Chinese early warning system against ballistic missiles, including helping to build first chinese an over-the-horizon radar, if anyone interested as myself knows what it is.

And so it really puzzled me because then in the Western press I did not find any mention or comment on this subject, and this was Putin's official  statement.

Edited by Tomasz
  • Like 3

Just now, Tomasz said:

With all due respect in the tass agency, Putin spoke about two years ago that the Russians are helping to build the Chinese early warning system against ballistic missiles, including helping to build first an over-the-horizon radar, if anyone interested as myself knows what it is.

And so it really puzzled me because then in the Western press I did not find any mention or comment on this subject, and this was Putin's official  statement.

Yes I already know all of this but really Russia is selling off it's highest grade military technology because it has been forced to.

In years to come I don't think China will need it, what do you think?

• Great Response! 1

I mean, the world tendency is now that you have to sell what you have the best.

50 years ago, the USSR had an iron rule - the T-72 B, which is by far the best T-72 for the USSR. T-72M, which is definitely a much worse T-72 for the allies in the Warsaw Pact.

For Arabs and Saddam Hussein, an export version, i.e. the still very depleted special T-72M and old missiles.

Price the same as for best T-72 B because why not if they had really no choice.

I recommend that especially when someone reads about the battles in the Persian Gulf that Saddam had a  missile for T-72 in the technology from the early 70s.

Now, unfortunately for Russia but I think even for US you can no longer make such tricks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Who cares what China does. These cowboy military antics don’t amount to a hill of beans. You want to counter Chinas behavior? Organize all your allies and cut trade 20%. From Vietnam to Afghanistan to Iraq military threats and wars were a wast of life and treasure. 
Just simply state Taiwan is under our military umbrella and bring all our troops home. Close a few hundred of those bases. 
We waste so many trillions on fear and the idea of quick retaliation. Money we don’t have. We can have plenty of retaliation for a much cheaper price and be just as deadly. Why do you act like the idiot Chinese. Peas in a pod.

• Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Tomasz said:

With all due respect in the tass agency, Putin spoke about two years ago that the Russians are helping to build the Chinese early warning system against ballistic missiles, including helping to build first chinese an over-the-horizon radar, if anyone interested as myself knows what it is.

The Biden administration seems to be on the road to a total failure. Our mainstream news is more interested in obfuscating what is going on than revealing any disturbing news that would harm the leftists. 

Edited by Ron Wagner
add
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 5

(edited)

On 1/24/2021 at 5:10 PM, Tomasz said:

What do you generally dislike in China behaviour ?

Time to get over it. China has obviously felt blood and will now be pressing as hard as it can 

Don't like minorities imprisoned (Uighers)  

Don't like they use slave labor

Don't like stealing technology

Don't like predatory pricing and dumping.

Don't like their threats of war.

Don't like infanticide 

Don't like stomping on free speech in Hong Kong.  

Don't like buying off countries and politicians including half the U.S. Legislature (McConnell, Feinstein, Pelosi, Biden, etc, etc)

Don't like their flaunting WTO rules and regulations. 

Edited by Roch
Look
  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Roch said:

Don't like minorities imprisoned

Don't like they use slave labor

Don't like stealing technology

Don't like predatory pricing

Don't like infantilism 

Don't like stomping free speech in Hong Kong.  

Don't like buying off country's and politicians including half the U.S. Legislature

Don't like  the Wuhan virus..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3