20 minutes ago, Symmetry said:

attempts to disrupt government activity with will thugs not be tolerated.

Aren't you the guy that just told us the story about the 3 little pigs?

15 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Aren't you the guy that just told us the story about the 3 little pigs?

No, the boy who cried wolf.

• Haha 1

(edited)

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Symmetry said:

No, the boy who cried wolf.

Whatever your current fantasy or children's story is at the moment.  All the same.

27 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Intermission time..

Ouch!  I wonder what made you think of that?  Hmm.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

(edited)

18 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Ouch!  I wonder what made you think of that?  Hmm.....

I used to see postings from a former personality here, the poor guy would always lead with his chin with stunning regularity. Actually i was under the impression he actually thrived on it. Saw that video last night and poof..i had a moment..Big E..go figure.Weird yes.

Not a thing implied your way Mr. Warnick 

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 2

An Indian news platform's perspective:

And the CCP's response, via Reuters:

China says U.S. military in South China Sea not good for peace

BEIJING (Reuters) - The United States often sends ships and aircraft into the South China Sea to “flex its muscles” and this is not good for peace, China’s Foreign Ministry said on Monday, after a U.S. aircraft carrier group sailed into the disputed waterway.

The strategic South China Sea, through which trillions of dollars in trade flows each year, has long been a focus of contention between Beijing and Washington, with China particularly angered by U.S. military activity there.

The U.S. carrier group led by the USS Theodore Roosevelt and accompanied by three warships, entered the waterway on Saturday to promote “freedom of the seas”, the U.S. military said, just days after Joe Biden became U.S. president..

“The United States frequently sends aircraft and vessels into the South China Sea to flex its muscles,” the foreign ministry spokesman, Zhao Lijian, told reporters, responding to the U.S. mission.

“This is not conducive to peace and stability in the region.”

China has repeatedly complained about U.S. Navy ships getting close to islands it occupies in the South China Sea, where Vietnam, Malaysia, the Philippines, Brunei and Taiwan all have competing claims.

The carrier group entered the South China Sea at the same time as Chinese-claimed Taiwan reported incursions by Chinese air force jets into the southwestern part of its air defence identification zone, prompting concern from Washington.

China has not commented on what its air force was doing, and Zhao referred questions to the defence ministry.

He reiterated China’s position that Taiwan is an inalienable part of China and that the United States should abide by the “one China” principle.

Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen visited a radar base in the north of the island on Monday, and praised its ability to track Chinese forces, her office said.

“From last year until now, our radar station has detected nearly 2,000 communist aircraft and more than 400 communist ships, allowing us to quickly monitor and drive them away, and fully guard the sea and airspace,” she told officers.

Taiwan’s defence ministry added that just a single Chinese aircraft flew into its defence zone on Monday, an anti-submarine Y-8 aircraft.

Biden’s new administration says the U.S. commitment to Taiwan is “rock-solid”.

The United States, like most countries, has no formal diplomatic ties with Taiwan but is the democratic island’s most important international backer and main arms supplier, to China’s anger

(edited)

On 1/25/2021 at 12:14 PM, Wombat said:

I heard on Twitter that Hunter advised his father not to respond to the Chinese aggression. Told him "not to take the bait". The CCP are just loving the appeasement, however, the Pentagon has sent the Theodore Roosevelt into the South China Sea so will be interesting to see how this plays out. According to the academics in the Australian Strategic Policy Institute, there is a 90% chance that China will cross a red line in the next few weeks.

Did you hear Xi Jinping speech at Davos today.  

Davos is a waste.  Davos banned Trump from Davos for life and gave Xi the open speech slot.

Xi basically talked about China's version of globalism (aka hegemony).  Xi actually said if countries pursue decoupling from China's economy they risk war.

Biden needs to make a public statement denouncing China's increased intimidation.  Some State Department lackey is worthless.

China owns Joe Biden , Mitch McConnell , Nancy Pelosi , Barbara Feinstein , Eric Swalwell and many more.  

The good news is the white  , college educated , suburban Philadelphia women that voted for Biden because he said wear a face mask got their man in the Whitehouse. (NOTE : In my city I have seen 100% wearing mask compliance since the beginning of March. It doesn't seem to have helped)

All is good in the world. 

Not. 

Edited by Roch
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Roch said:

Xi Jumping

That's a new take.  Good one! :) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

That's a new take.  Good one! :) 

The spell checker does that to me every time.  Drives me crazy. 

• Haha 4

(edited)

19 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

Wow! Are you serious?

At Davos today Xi said in his speech.  Any country that pursues decoupling from China's economy risks war. 

I doubt war.  But can you believe the rhetoric ?

They will test Biden.  Joe will cower. 

Edited by Roch
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Roch said:

At Davos today Xi said in his speech.  Any country that pursues decoupling from China's economy risks war. 

War.  Not "trade war".

Well, for all those saying Trump's trade war wasn't working:  It was working well enough for Xi to say that at the most influential international forum in the world (pound for pound).  It would appear that the U.S. decoupling its trade with China constitutes a threat to their existence, at least in the CCP's mind.  So much so that they are willing to threaten war.  Trump's trade war, including and especially the tariffs, was working.

Now, keeping in mind that we have Xi's full attention, and the implication of what he is saying is that if the U.S. does not reverse its actions to decouple from China's economy, we should consider it the first blow that leads to war. 

What is Joe going to say or do about it?

• Haha 1

Robinette probably wish China Well and a Safe Flight!

• Haha 2

(edited)

4 hours ago, Roch said:

Did you hear Xi Jinping speech at Davos today.  

Davos is a waste.  Davos banned Trump from Davos for life and gave Xi the open speech slot.

Xi basically talked about China's version of globalism (aka hegemony).  Xi actually said if countries pursue decoupling from China's economy they risk war.

Biden needs to make a public statement denouncing China's increased intimidation.  Some State Department lackey is worthless.

China owns Joe Biden , Mitch McConnell , Nancy Pelosi , Barbara Feinstein , Eric Swalwell and many more.  

The good news is the white , suburban , college educated , suburban Philadelphia women that voted for Biden because he said wear a face mask got their man in the Whitehouse. (NOTE : In my city I have seen 100% wearing mask compliance since the beginning of March. It doesn't seem to have helped)

All is good in the world. 

Not. 

I just listened to his speech, and all he did was call for cooperation and a return to multilateralism to solve the world's challenges.  Of course, China wants to improve the prosperity of their people. But China is being very responsible and offered to help the rest of the world, in particular developing countries.  I didn't hear any call for war.

Edited by Hotone

(edited)

7 hours ago, Hotone said:

I just listened to his speech, and all he did was call for cooperation

Watch an unedited version.  

Edited by Roch

(edited)

18 hours ago, El Nikko said:

Yes I do like reading about the technological advancement although a lot of the info on the latest stuff is murky to say the least and often more like sales speak. I've always been interested in aircraft while mainly on WW2 and early Jet era I find the advancement of radar etc very interesting. If you have any sites you things are good I would take a look. Most of what I read is geopolitics which is almost never touched by the MSM.

Would a site like Deagel.com interest you?  It provides information on an extensive list of military equipment, and news.  The site is very controversial.

Screenshot_2021-01-26-21-40-17-38.jpg

Edited by Hotone

1 hour ago, Roch said:

Watch an unedited version.  

I had to rely on the translation.  If he threatened war, but it wasn't translated, I wouldn't know.  Do you understand Chinese?

11 hours ago, Hotone said:

I just listened to his speech, and all he did was call for cooperation and a return to multilateralism to solve the world's challenges.  Of course, China wants to improve the prosperity of their people. But China is being very responsible and offered to help the rest of the world, in particular developing countries.  I didn't hear any call for war.

China is the world's problem,or rather the CCP. Thus multilateral approaches can not include China, The only problem the world needs multilateral responses to is the CCP's existence. 

Good thing we get to see China's stance spelled out. So war it is.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wombat said:

That is correct El Nicko. Biden's foreign policy will be centred on bringing manufacturing jobs back to USA, same as Trump's. His head of NSA has already stated as much, and said that the focus will no longer be to gain access to China by US banks. ie: to give up on the currency war (which does not create American jobs, and focus on merchandise trade instead). Get ready for Trade War Part 2! THEN comes the hot war when China fails to give sufficient ground. Each time that China flies bombers over Taiwan and humiliates Biden, the more likely Biden will go straight to the hot war. My guess is that he will make his decision in 2-3 months time, once the pandemic fizzles out, and is simply Bide'n his time, if you will excuse the pun :)

I don't believe Biden's administration actually exists. The military is functioning on its own and will conduct whatever war activities it sees fit. Biden is a Chinese puppet, as is the entirety of his national security team. All of them are directly funded by Chinese related interests. The Biden Junta is dissociated from US military and foreign policy. 

• Like 1

They will initiate an invasion very soon, Have been doing Dry Runs more frequently and I can’t say Robinette is asleep at the wheel because he doesn’t even know where he is! All he sees are new intern’s around that can run the hair on his legs!

• Like 2

(edited)

I don't wish or advocate for war , but it is the best time for CCP to attack Taiwan in common sense:

- China relationship to the rest of the world has never been worst (HK protests lead Taiwan to move away from China Orbit, Covid19).

- The world economics that we know it is crashing soon, covid19 exposed all of the weakness in big economies. China can spark it to reset the world economics.

-Xi can use the war to depress of all the opposition, consolidate powers,  and reset China economy. That's how Deng did in Vietnam border war. He can be a national hero that at least now China is unified (in the eye of mainland Chinese). The alternative would be  strong enough to surpass US military and start a WW3, how long does it take, it wouldn't be Xi who can do that.

- How long does it take to have US have friendly to China President?  Biden can have an excuse of busy with the covid19 to help Taiwan, or just pretend to do something slowly, lower the risk of WW3. The best case China can have Taiwan before US did anything the worst case China back off and it depends on how US treat China aftermath. Xi may just negotiate the price with Biden directly. Biden can be strict on China or forgive and forget for world's peace and prosperous. No matter what Biden do, Dem will still win the next election and it will only benefit Biden and friends. Biden can even be nominated to Nobel price. Stock can have a good excuse for crashing (crash up if hyper inflation to get back to gold standard with a new digital currency) and the green new deal emerge from the ashes. Public sector & crony capitalism will survive, off course, private sector would have less room to grow. Any country, organization, people who are in debt will have a jubilee. The oligarch won't lose much if their cash saving is gone anyway. 

I am wandering deep into conspiracy realm here. It is too big to predict.

Edited by SUZNV
  • Like 2

One US naval battlegroup is not enough to counter China.  Kaoshiung is the entry point in an invasion.  China does not need to swarm the long coastline....just take over Kaoshiung via a cyber warfare, bombardment of military facilities and use of drones, elite parachute troops, etc.

A container port like Kaoshiung is large with many berths.  Once secured, China can land hundreds of thousands of soldiers and military hardware.

USA can threaten all they like once China has entered Taiwan.

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 3

(edited)

9 hours ago, Hotone said:

I had to rely on the translation.  If he threatened war, but it wasn't translated, I wouldn't know.  Do you understand Chinese?

Yes , Tsingtao

have one or two every time I go out for Chinese.

Goes great with General Gau's Chicken. ( Do you think General Gau is in the People Liberation Army? )

Hotone why are you defending the Chinese ?

SCREW THE CHINESE  .  .  .

ERIC SWALWELL DID !

Edited by Roch
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Roch said:

Yes , Tsingtao

have one or two every time I go out for Chinese.

Goes great with General Gau's Chicken. ( Do you think General Gau is in the People Liberation Army? )

Hotone why are you defending the Chinese ?

SCREW THE CHINESE  .  .  .

ERIC SWALWELL DID !

😅😂

But just stick with the facts please.  I will be happy to agree with you if you present facts rather than make things up.  😉