4 minutes ago, Hotone said:

😅😂

But just stick with the facts please.  I will be happy to agree with you if you present facts rather than make things up.  😉

That's fair

• Like 1

(edited)

7 hours ago, Eddie Leong said:

One US naval battlegroup is not enough to counter China.  Kaoshiung is the entry point in an invasion.  China does not need to swarm the long coastline....just take over Kaoshiung via a cyber warfare, bombardment of military facilities and use of drones, elite parachute troops, etc.

A container port like Kaoshiung is large with many berths.  Once secured, China can land hundreds of thousands of soldiers and military hardware.

USA can threaten all they like once China has entered Taiwan.

If this talked about scenario were to be true or have merit a battle group would be merely a very small part of a extremely low tech battle.. missile barrage's and from both sides with a quick look to see who is still standing. Any further escalation would done by air power, again quick and brutal again a battle of attrition to either gain access to Taiwan or deny it.

A bit like a bar fight, sudden brutal violence or just walk away. Which makes one wonder why this would ever occur from the very beginning.  I feel like it would be going to a 7card poker game, deuces and one eyed jacks are wild. "Feeling Lucky"

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Haha 4

On 1/25/2021 at 3:22 PM, El Nikko said:

I'm more Middle East and North Africa but also Russia, Europe, US but I have never really read much about Far East (if that is the correct term for China/Japn area) but it's been filtering into my reading list much more over the last couple of years.

All of the WW2 reading and history is the same, I've always been much more interested in the European theater and not read very much about the Pacific theatre and I'm not really sure why...it might honestly be something as weird as the fact that the terrain/land and lots of sea in the  Pacific campaign were alien to me and my surrounds when I was growing up and it stuck some how.

Southfront has always been a great source even though people have claimed it has links to Russia, I don't really care as long as what I'm reading is accurate.

Also I've always been pretty anti war (except for the absolute last solution) but the technology is fascinating. The F-35s for example are sold to the public as stealth but really I don't see them in that way, yes they are low observable because to not be is to be dead with modern surface to air missiles but I think their real strength is to be able to carry all those clever data gathering sensors, electronic warfare stuff and enhancing data networking...They don't look particularly maneuverable compared to some aircraft but that probably wasn't what they were designed for.

I saw a video where an F-35 pilot explained it’s not that radar can’t detect the plane but radar can’t maintain contact enough to get a fix.

European history and archeology are fascinating. YouTube is the lazy mans way to all kinds of stuff. I bet I have 50 hrs in gemstone and gold history around the world. All the different types of ways mankind chases treasure.

• Like 2

Heck, you could take out a few data bases in about any country and do more damage than all this plotting and planning. Mutually ensured destruction or keep it to threats. Trade wars may be the only thing in between. 

• Like 2

On 1/27/2021 at 5:06 AM, Boat said:

I saw a video where an F-35 pilot explained it’s not that radar can’t detect the plane but radar can’t maintain contact enough to get a fix.

European history and archeology are fascinating. YouTube is the lazy mans way to all kinds of stuff. I bet I have 50 hrs in gemstone and gold history around the world. All the different types of ways mankind chases treasure.

Yeh I'm not 100% sure about how much to believe about that but I think that was possibly a Euro fighter pilot who had had a dogfight with an F22. I honestly find it hard to believe but who knows, also there are IR missiles which don't need radar....but having said that aircraft like F35 aren't really meant to get into dogfights and I would be very surprised if it was as maneuverable as an F16.

This was the problem I mentioned before, you won't know much about their capabilities until they've been around another 10 years at least unless something else comes along.

Again, I agree youtube is a brilliant place to learn about all kinds of things providing the creator is trustworthy.

If you are interested even a little bit in WW2 then look for a channel called Eastory that does animated maps mainly from the Eastern Front...I think you will love them.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2021 at 1:56 PM, Eddie Leong said:

A container port like Kaoshiung is large with many berths.  Once secured, China can land hundreds of thousands of soldiers and military hardware.

I rather doubt that anything bigger than a small fishing smack is going to get past those U.S. submarines that will blow those troopships right out of the water.  

Nobody, and I mean nobody, is going to get into that Taiwan port, not from the Chinese military.  Ain't gonna happen.  The Taiwan Strait will look like Ironbottom Sound after all the sinkings. 

• Like 2

On 1/25/2021 at 5:54 AM, Gerry Maddoux said:

I have no idea whether China will invade Taiwan or not but Ward is completely right: they own 90% of the precursors to pharmaceutical drugs used in the United States. 

It is amazing that we allowed this to occur. Mr. Trump deserves credit for calling it out and making plans to "bring them home," which was an impossible task in the midst of a pandemic, what with all the demands on pharmaceutical houses. 

Until we resolve that very crucial Achilles Heel, we can't do much of anything against China . . . and they know it. 

"It is amazing that we allowed this to occur."  Interesting. Your comment implies you believe the pharma industry should be owned or at the least controlled by some central power, like the govt perhaps. So you are now a communist du jour?

On 1/25/2021 at 9:33 PM, JoMack said:

Completely agree.  Fauci is a madman pretending to be the leading scientist when anyone looking at his record will find him deep in the research on the transmission of viruses from animals to humans in the Wuhan laboratory.  This virus wasn't borne in nature and he knows it.  So does our government.  Even though a moratorium was placed on this dangerous and deadly research in 2014 by the Obama Administration, Fauci said it was a risk worth taking and continued using the EcoHealth Alliance to fund millions into the lab.  We know that 4 researchers from the lab were ill from COVID-19 in the fall of 2019 and China and The WHO kept it under wraps.  

Now a team of scientists has been sitting in Wuhan waiting to get in.  But, the problem is that they said they have no plan to access whether or not the virus was released or created in the lab.  So, another coverup resulting in more disinformation and with Fauci now in the elevated role in the Biden Administration, the research will continue and another pandemic will occur.

Agree. The virus was borne in a lab, an American lab, and patented by Americans. 

https://www.lens.org/lens/patent/025-713-694-175-515/fulltext

On 1/26/2021 at 9:48 AM, Roch said:

At Davos today Xi said in his speech.  Any country that pursues decoupling from China's economy risks war. 

I doubt war.  But can you believe the rhetoric ?

They will test Biden.  Joe will cower. 

jeesh, yet another hysterical, lying murcan. the claim Xi warned of war is a complete and utter lie.  free speech is one thing. lies are quite another.

• Rolling Eye 1

Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., discusses the threats China poses to America, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's request to keep National Guard troops at the Capitol through mid-March and Biden's executive orders on immigration on 'Sunday Morning Futures.'

A great discussion on China's new orders to allow their Navy to shoot any vessel in the South China Straits, and much more.  That is discussed in the video.

The article discusses the National Guard's continued presence in the Capitol, and how "

Last summer, as left-wing mobs rioted in the streets and threatened to overwhelm local police and even the National Guard, I wrote an op-ed in The New York Times titled "Send in the Troops."  I argued that the president should deploy federal troops, if necessary, to restore and maintain order. 

My position was grounded in federal law, based on many historical precedents, and supported by a majority of Americans. But this argument outraged many on the left, so much so that the editor of the New York Times opinion page lost his job for publishing it.

But when a different mob chanting different slogans threatened our Capitol, many of my critics sang a different tune.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

15 hours ago, frankfurter said:

jeesh, yet another hysterical, lying murcan. the claim Xi warned of war is a complete and utter lie.  free speech is one thing. lies are quite another.

I see your taking this nonsense seriously.....defense line drawn already?tenor.gif?itemid=20156713

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, frankfurter said:

jeesh, yet another hysterical, lying murcan

Give it a rest, Frankie.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

I argued that the president should deploy federal troops, if necessary, to restore and maintain order. 

My position was grounded in federal law, based on many historical precedents, and supported by a majority of Americans.

I know of no "Federal Law" that supports the proposition that federal troops can be used against Americans on US soil. The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 specifically forbids it.

I appreciate that it happens, sporadically, nonetheless.  The last time this played out was in Ohio, and resulted in the "Kent State College shootings," that left college students shot dead on their own campus, compliments of ridiculously untrained, undisciplined, redneck Guardsmen.   It was murder, plain and simple.  Nobody was punished; indeed, no one was even charged for the crimes.  Just lovely.

• Like 2

(edited)

23 hours ago, frankfurter said:

No.  These days, lies are truth if you believe in them, in America.  All news are fake, whether from the MSM or Fox News or far-right media.  The only difference is the degree of 'fakeness'.

Edited by Hotone
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, JoMack said:

You know, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

facts are sarcasm? 

On 1/31/2021 at 8:59 PM, frankfurter said:

facts are sarcasm? 

Your facts are skewed.  The blame America for China's deception and its blame on the virus to go as far as frozen foods, just shows how out of touch you are with your so-called "facts".

(edited)

11 minutes ago, JoMack said:

Your facts are skewed.  The blame America for China's deception and its blame on the virus to go as far as frozen foods, just shows how out of touch you are with your so-called "facts".

Its just a matter or translation as so many things in life, for example: see is so easy to translate..and if taken wrong blame it on google...EAZY PEAZY

认知失调
Rèn zhī shītiáo
认知失调
Rèn zhī shītiáo
Edited by Eyes Wide Open

3 hours ago, JoMack said:

showing the proof of a patent is skewed?  bro, you are in serious denial and need help.

uh, where is your proof?

As long as Robinette and Family CHECKS keep coming nobody will even tell him of there incursion though he would be unable to comprehend it anyway! He is an empty vessel that Signs’s anything put in front of him and his roll a coming Fall Guy will make Lee Major’s acting roll look like a performance of any Jim Carey movie! 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 9:15 AM, Dan Warnick said:

Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., discusses the threats China poses to America, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's request to keep National Guard troops at the Capitol through mid-March and Biden's executive orders on immigration on 'Sunday Morning Futures.'

A great discussion on China's new orders to allow their Navy to shoot any vessel in the South China Straits, and much more.  That is discussed in the video.

The article discusses the National Guard's continued presence in the Capitol, and how "

Last summer, as left-wing mobs rioted in the streets and threatened to overwhelm local police and even the National Guard, I wrote an op-ed in The New York Times titled "Send in the Troops."  I argued that the president should deploy federal troops, if necessary, to restore and maintain order. 

My position was grounded in federal law, based on many historical precedents, and supported by a majority of Americans. But this argument outraged many on the left, so much so that the editor of the New York Times opinion page lost his job for publishing it.

But when a different mob chanting different slogans threatened our Capitol, many of my critics sang a different tune.

Interesting.  When the mob in Hong Kong was committing acts of murder and sedition, you and 300mm other murcans warned the China govt not to send in troops to restore order, or else. In 2021, when a very small mob marches upon your capitol, demanding their democratic rights, you are now in favour of sending in federal troops to restore order and to prosecute them for sedition.

Your hypocrisy is sickening.

On 2/6/2021 at 7:34 PM, frankfurter said:

showing the proof of a patent is skewed?  bro, you are in serious denial and need help.

uh, where is your proof?

Show me your's and I'll show you mine -- Bro.

On 1/26/2021 at 7:06 PM, Boat said:

Small stealth fighters are all designed to evade fire control radar. Area surveillance radar using longer wavelength frequencies can see stealth fighters but aren’t accurate enough to guide missiles to target.
The size of the radar receiver indicates the wavelengths being used.   

(edited)

On 1/30/2021 at 12:05 AM, frankfurter said:

Good god Frankie, this must be the 100th time you’ve typed lying murcan, hysterical murcan, stupid murcan... it’s spelled Murican. 

Insulting people by calling them stupid while misspelling the words you’re using to insult their intelligence, genius!

I miss the theologian version of you Frankie, that personality was much more interesting. You’re like the Sybil of Shanghai 😫😀😎😋

Edited by Strangelovesurfing
  • Haha 4

On 1/24/2021 at 2:55 PM, Symmetry said:

Pretty sure you predicted a Trump victory.  No revision to your mistakes.

For the last time needledick, Trump won the election! What Biden "won" was the steal. The US constitution has no effective remedy for a theft of this proportion. Your being a useful idiot for the thrives doesn't stop this from being a theft. Your inability to comprehend the evidence doesn't make it non evidence, it merely underscores your basic lack of intellect and discernment. You shouldn't be bragging about being stupid, quite the opposite in fact. 

• Haha 3