(edited)

12 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

I will never understood GM' abilities to create one boat anchor after another and still survive. 

After the Volt debacle one would think lessons were learned.

True. This is still an impressive vehicle if I've ever seen one. It has features bundled together I have NEVER seen on any production vehicle.

Edited by turbguy

12 minutes ago, turbguy said:

True. This is still an impressive vehicle if I've ever seen one. It has features bundled together I have NEVER seen on any production vehicle.

The thing is loaded!  Of course, at something like $117,000 for starters, it should be loaded.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

5 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

The thing is loaded!  Of course, at something like $117,000 for starters, it should be loaded.

Yup, it is IMPRESSIVE!   I WANT one!   (drool)

(Hey, you can't take it with you)...

Edited by turbguy

1 hour ago, turbguy said:

Yup, it is IMPRESSIVE!   I WANT one!   (drool)

(Hey, you can't take it with you)...

At that price, you are competing against the Tesla Model X SUV, not the smaller  Model Y. Model X is currently undergoing a refresh, but even the existing one beats this Hummer for acceleration and range.  I'd still take the Hummer, though. It's just cool. It makes a nice statement: "F-150, if you roll coal on me I will crush you."

• Haha 2

(edited)

THIS is an SUV? 

I own SUV's, I Know SUV's. This might call itself an SUV, but beleive me, it NO SUV.

It's a hatchback with a hitch...

Clipboard01.jpg

THIS is a REAL SUV. For some reason, they populate the streets of NYC a lot...

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by turbguy

1 hour ago, turbguy said:

THIS [model X] is an SUV? 

I own SUV's, I Know SUV's. This might call itself an SUV, but beleive me, it NO SUV.

It's a hatchback with a hitch...

Actually, I agree with you. My Model Y is even less of an SUV. However, the topic of this thread is "SUVs are conquering the world," and the statistics they cite appear to use the more "relaxed" definition of "SUV" that  I posted earlier:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_utility_vehicle

I drove SUVs since before the term was invented, starting with a  Ford Bronco in about 1980 and ending when I traded in my Jeep Grand Cherokee in 2014. If it's not flat on top with a vertical back, 4WD and roof rack, it's not an SUV for me.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

Actually, I agree with you. My Model Y is even less of an SUV. However, the topic of this thread is "SUVs are conquering the world," and the statistics they cite appear to use the more "relaxed" definition of "SUV" that  I posted earlier:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_utility_vehicle

I drove SUVs since before the term was invented, starting with a  Ford Bronco in about 1980 and ending when I traded in my Jeep Grand Cherokee in 2014. If it's not flat on top with a vertical back, 4WD and roof rack, it's not an SUV for me.

...and ground clearance, and appropriate tires/rims/wheels.

I've have Blazer's/Trailblazers/Tahoe's since 1980. 

I WANT THAT HUMMER!

My old Wyoming "steed"...

Clipboard01.jpg

• Like 1

(edited)

18 hours ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

More relaxed?  I guess so.  Are they trying to market that little thing to straight men, too?  I'm sorry, and it may not be PC, but if I bought a car and it had the word "Plaid" in it, it had better be about something in the interior!  LOL!  Bronco to Plaid?  I'm pretty sure I'm keeping the Bronco!

image.png.5bed97b4bb4a1ab01375cf471fd5642c.png

The title of this thread is "SUVs are conquering the world".  I'm just not sure the "Plaids" are going to do it.  Maybe the meek WILL inherit the world?

Edited by Dan Warnick
For the hell of it!

(edited)

Plaid is just plain ludicrous.

Edited by turbguy
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

Do not make fun of plaid. These guys are serious, even if they do wear plaid:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Watch

Wearing plaid is not the same as driving something NAMED Plaid.  Although, if I may be allowed a bit of a pun, the question is similar: What's under there?

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2021 at 7:32 PM, Dan Clemmensen said:

Do not make fun of plaid. These guys are serious, even if they do wear plaid:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Watch

Didn't they burn down the Whitehouse? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NickW said:

No.  But I can understand why one might get confused this day and age.  The Black Watch, like BLM, also is made up of mostly white people.  You've gotta luv it!

19 hours ago, NickW said:

No, they were first-line troops and were fighting Napoleon in Spain in 1814. The White House was burned by British marines and the second-line troops that the British had available to fight the US.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1