Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SA

hiring oil field personals

would hiring be effected recently based on the oil prices cause lately it dropped down, i also want to know what should i do to increase my chances getting a better opportunity in the oil field. 

Saeid, hiring is always going to be affected by the demand for a product; the demand for a commodity (oil) will be reflected in the market price. That said, do remember that any employer is always looking for talent.  The skills that you have to offer will be the determinant of the job you are offered and what, eventually, you  end up being paid.  Always be on the lookout for opportunities to improve your skills.  The other thing to remember is that any employer is also looking at your overall "work attitude."  Do you have a history of getting out of bed and on the job on time?  Or are you chronically late for work? Stick to Western ideas of being on time (or early), clean, washed and scrubbed, clothes washed (and ironed if you are an office worker), and you increase your chances.  

Remember, it is not only how great you are; it is also how you look compared to the next guy coming through the employer's door.  You always want to put in that extra effort to be the best candidate the man doing the interviewing has seen that week. Cheers. 

• Like 1