JB

Top Conservative Lawyer Says Trump Can Stand Trial

(edited)

10 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:
10 hours ago, Symmetry said:

You must know Jan is silver-spoon ivy league by now?

Rich parents, rubbing elbows with the Bush family, etc. Old money, deep connections.

Knows a ton about law and history, much less about science.

Once again your so far off the beaten path...OK look closely at the commentary and exchange, i badly misstated the supreme courts role in deciding matters of constitutionally correct...well i let you call it out.

At the same time i ask you for a reference as to what would lead you to any type of conclusion that does not allow the supreme ct to rule on constitutionality of any law enacted or rules upon in the US.

I am not offended nor subservient in the slightest, frankly quite the opposite enlightened and for free..

+Mr. Symmetry, who is apparently the Edmontonian Mr. Enthalpic in drag, yet once again mis-states reality.  First up, I made my own money, through very hard work.  Second up, my college major was Physics.  OK,  so I have deep connections, but so what - I don't exploit them. 

I don't think you "badly misstated" the US supreme court's role in matters of constitutionality [that being tests of breaches of the Constitution].  It is more that getting before that Court, up that daisy chain, is more limited than most folks appreciate. 

Enthalpic has this idea that he can sit up there in frozen Canada and tell the Americans how their country works, and how it should work, according to his ideas.  that, I assure you, is a non-starter.  Further, as a general observation, I would note that Canadians in the aggregate are perfectly happy to have their lives run by bureaucrats, even to the degree of having their own freedoms guaranteed to them by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which is supposed to be roughly the equivalent of the US Bill of Rights, egregiously and obsessively breached by mendacious bureaucrats.  To illustrate, I invite you to peruse the pages of the [published in Alberta] "Weekly Standard," wherein there are recitations of Canadians grabbed at the airport and placed under guard in a hotel, without notice or any Appearance before a Judge, and held there incommunicado for 11 days as a sort of COVID palliative mechanism. Not onluy is it far worse than being in a jail, the Feds actually make you pay $2,000 for the event, or they keep you in that hotel jail, incommunicado, literally forever. The bureaucrats simply re-set the 11-day clock.  they do that also if you attempt to speak to the neighbor in the next room.  And you have no phone, not even to inside the hotel.  It is precisely to prevent any Deep State mendacious bureaucrat from attempting this stunt in the UDSA that 87 million Americans own guns - and know how to use them.  Just sayin'. 

P.S.  That should be the "Western Standard," not the Weekly Standard.  Tip of the Hat to LiamP for spotting the error  (see his comment below). 

Edited by Jan van Eck
Added P.S. (original text not edited)
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Getting caught up in the system can be quite overwhelming speaking for myself and is why i tried to begin appeals process, not to mention the finances needed to get to that part of the process...stunning comes to mind.

Depends on what State you are living in.  Some States have such poor quality of Judiciary that you might as well not bother, in which case my personal advice is to move out and move on. Oklahoma and Illinois come to mind, with Oregon running at their heels.  Also Connecticut.  Once you have a low-quality Bench of state court judges, and it reaches a certain critical mass, then those people end up elevated into their Appellate and Supreme state court benches and the system becomes a hopeless mess. Chicago has contaminated the Illinois court system to the extent that it is now a hopeless mess, and I would never live there  (I do not even visit that State to avoid any possibility of getting caught up in that morass).  

It also depends on whether or not you are involved in the civil or criminal court systems.  As a general rule, if you are on the cusp of getting tangled up in the criminal court system, your best bet is to quietly slip out of the country, and never return.  To illustrate:  the no. 1 scumbag of the home mortgage industry, Bill Erbey, the man who set up "Ocwen Financial" and spin-offs, and was banned from the securities industry for life, fled ahead of the cops to Malta, where he purchased citizenship and passport for 680,000 Euros.  Considering he had stolen some 700 million at least from the home equity of hapless homeowners, this was chump change.  With the Malta passport, he has access to all of Europe, under the Schengen Area Agreement.  He lives well, much better than in Marion Penitentiary. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

To illustrate, I invite you to peruse the pages of the [published in Alberta] "Weekly Standard," wherein there are recitations of Canadians grabbed at the airport and placed under guard in a hotel, without notice or any Appearance before a Judge, and held there incommunicado for 11 days as a sort of COVID palliative mechanism. Not onluy is it far worse than being in a jail, the Feds actually make you pay $2,000 for the event, or they keep you in that hotel jail, incommunicado, literally forever. The bureaucrats simply re-set the 11-day clock.  they do that also if you attempt to speak to the neighbor in the next room.  And you have no phone, not even to inside the hotel.  It is precisely to prevent any Deep State mendacious bureaucrat from attempting this stunt in the UDSA that 87 million Americans own guns - and know how to use them.  Just sayin'. 

I have family in Canada currently soon to be experiencing this hospitality, so have been following the situation somewhat. Did you possibly mean the Western Standard? Sounds like the account given in this article I read a few days ago, with slight exaggeration for good effect...

https://westernstandardonline.com/2021/02/i-was-detained-at-calgary-covid-detention-centre-for-11-days/

That was a month ago when they were piloting the scheme. Obviously a few teething problems! Nobody took his phone, though, and the hospitality was free of charge. An undeniably crappy experience for sure, but quite far away from the typical state of affairs in Canada. It's now three nights while you await your test results then you can go home. Telephone and wi-fi are among the requirements for participating hotels. Nobody's paid anything yet, but something like the headline grabbing $2000 figure will likely be coming soon giving a reasonable period for those who travelled before being aware of this potential cost to return.

Not the end of the world and in line with many other places at the moment. In fact I've been hoping to book a same-day return flight to the UK for my three toddlers so they can stay in a hotel for 10 days upon return and be fed. So far without success, sadly - seems to be a few hurdles in place to prevent that kind of thing! :)

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, LiamP said:

I have family in Canada currently soon to be experiencing this hospitality, so have been following the situation somewhat. Did you possibly mean the Western Standard?

OK, call it the Western Standard!   😁

7 hours ago, LiamP said:

I have family in Canada currently soon to be experiencing this hospitality, so have been following the situation somewhat. Did you possibly mean the Western Standard? Sounds like the account given in this article I read a few days ago, with slight exaggeration for good effect...

https://westernstandardonline.com/2021/02/i-was-detained-at-calgary-covid-detention-centre-for-11-days/

That was a month ago when they were piloting the scheme. Obviously a few teething problems! Nobody took his phone, though, and the hospitality was free of charge. An undeniably crappy experience for sure, but quite far away from the typical state of affairs in Canada. It's now three nights while you await your test results then you can go home. Telephone and wi-fi are among the requirements for participating hotels. Nobody's paid anything yet, but something like the headline grabbing $2000 figure will likely be coming soon giving a reasonable period for those who travelled before being aware of this potential cost to return.

Not the end of the world and in line with many other places at the moment. In fact I've been hoping to book a same-day return flight to the UK for my three toddlers so they can stay in a hotel for 10 days upon return and be fed. So far without success, sadly - seems to be a few hurdles in place to prevent that kind of thing! :)

I remember hearing something on the radio about something similar going on in Australia. The guy was actually recommending it. The difference (then) was how early the plandemic  was and Oz picked up TDW tab. He claimed he stayed in a 4 star hotel, and his previous travel plan involved staying in hostels with shared bathrooms. His only complaint was no site seeing, but he said he made up for it with room service. I'm wondering how much they'll let you drink on those forced quarantines?  😏

Nikki Haley Pronounces Trump Politically Dead: He ‘Let Us Down,’ Can’t ‘Let That Ever Happen Again’

https://www.mediaite.com/news/nikki-haley-pronounces-trump-politically-dead-he-let-us-down-cant-let-that-ever-happen-again/

“We need to acknowledge he let us down,” she said. “He went down a path he shouldn’t have, and we shouldn’t have followed him, and we shouldn’t have listened to him. And we can’t let that ever happen again.”

Mounting evidence suggests Trump knew of danger to Pence when he attacked him as lacking ‘courage’ amid Capitol siege

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-tweet-pence-capitol/2021/02/11/cc7d9f7e-6c7f-11eb-9f80-3d7646ce1bc0_story.html

Mounting evidence emerging as former president Donald Trump’s impeachment trial unfolds in the Senate this week indicates Trump may have been personally informed that Vice President Mike Pence was in physical danger during the Jan. 6 Capitol siege, just moments before denigrating him on Twitter.

Trump’s decision to tweet that Pence lacked “courage” — a missive sent shortly after the vice president had been rushed off the Senate floor — underscores how he delayed taking action to stop his supporters as they ransacked the Capitol.

Many of them were intent on doing harm to Pence, whom Trump had singled out at a rally earlier in the day, falsely claiming the vice president had the power to stop Congress from formalizing Joe Biden’s electoral college victory.

Trump’s tweet came at 2:24 p.m. that day — only 11 minutes after live television coverage showed Pence being hustled from the Senate floor because rioters were streaming into the building one floor below. The Senate then abruptly went into recess.

• Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

28 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

I remember hearing something on the radio about something similar going on in Australia. The guy was actually recommending it. The difference (then) was how early the plandemic  was and Oz picked up TDW tab. He claimed he stayed in a 4 star hotel, and his previous travel plan involved staying in hostels with shared bathrooms. His only complaint was no site seeing, but he said he made up for it with room service. I'm wondering how much they'll let you drink on those forced quarantines?  😏

Yeah it's not bad here in Norway either. I've had ctrs coming from UK and elsewhere for offshore work I've been involved in recently and all have had a pretty comfy time in quarantine being paid to lounge around. Here you're allowed out for a stroll, etc. Client company puts on chartered flights to the heliports so we can avoid the public scum.

Only other place I have good knowledge of is Malaysia. Poorly organised which will be no surprise if you know malaysian authorities. All pay the same fee but it's a lottery if you get a decent four-star or a cockroach ridden motel with broken air-con and rotten food.

Edited by LiamP
  • Haha 2

(edited)

12 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

+Mr. Symmetry, who is apparently the Edmontonian Mr. Enthalpic in drag, yet once again mis-states reality.  First up, I made my own money, through very hard work.  Second up, my college major was Physics.  OK,  so I have deep connections, but so what - I don't exploit them. 

I don't think you "badly misstated" the US supreme court's role in matters of constitutionality [that being tests of breaches of the Constitution].  It is more that getting before that Court, up that daisy chain, is more limited than most folks appreciate. 

Enthalpic has this idea that he can sit up there in frozen Canada and tell the Americans how their country works, and how it should work, according to his ideas.  that, I assure you, is a non-starter.  Further, as a general observation, I would note that Canadians in the aggregate are perfectly happy to have their lives run by bureaucrats, even to the degree of having their own freedoms guaranteed to them by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which is supposed to be roughly the equivalent of the US Bill of Rights, egregiously and obsessively breached by mendacious bureaucrats.  To illustrate, I invite you to peruse the pages of the [published in Alberta] "Weekly Standard," wherein there are recitations of Canadians grabbed at the airport and placed under guard in a hotel, without notice or any Appearance before a Judge, and held there incommunicado for 11 days as a sort of COVID palliative mechanism. Not onluy is it far worse than being in a jail, the Feds actually make you pay $2,000 for the event, or they keep you in that hotel jail, incommunicado, literally forever. The bureaucrats simply re-set the 11-day clock.  they do that also if you attempt to speak to the neighbor in the next room.  And you have no phone, not even to inside the hotel.  It is precisely to prevent any Deep State mendacious bureaucrat from attempting this stunt in the UDSA that 87 million Americans own guns - and know how to use them.  Just sayin'. 

P.S.  That should be the "Western Standard," not the Weekly Standard.  Tip of the Hat to LiamP for spotting the error  (see his comment below). 

Actually I I sorely missed/ passed over the fundamental nature of the Supreme Court. 

[that being tests of breaches of the Constitution].  

That ever so simple statement defines the role with startling clarity.

When the fundamentals of any system are discarded, the entire system becomes corrupted. 

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1

The Demoncrats are getting creamed in the Peachmint trial today. No wonder Jeffrey is busy dusting off old links in desperation. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

New details about Trump-McCarthy shouting match show Trump refused to call off the rioters
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/politics/trump-mccarthy-shouting-match-details/index.html

Excerpt:

Washington (CNN)In an expletive-laced phone call with House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy while the Capitol was under attack, then-President Donald Trump said the rioters cared more about the election results than McCarthy did.

"Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are," Trump said, according to lawmakers who were briefed on the call afterward by McCarthy.

McCarthy insisted that the rioters were Trump's supporters and begged Trump to call them off.

Trump's comment set off what Republican lawmakers familiar with the call described as a shouting match between the two men. A furious McCarthy told the then-President the rioters were breaking into his office through the windows, and asked Trump, "Who the f--k do you think you are talking to?" according to a Republican lawmaker familiar with the call.

The newly revealed details of the call, described to CNN by multiple Republicans briefed on it, provide critical insight into the President's state of mind as rioters were overrunning the Capitol. The existence of the call and some of its details were first reported by Punchbowl News and discussed publicly by McCarthy.

The Republican members of Congress said the exchange showed Trump had no intention of calling off the rioters even as lawmakers were pleading with him to intervene. Several said it amounted to a dereliction of his presidential duty..

"He is not a blameless observer, he was rooting for them," a Republican member of Congress said. "On January 13, Kevin McCarthy said on the floor of the House that the President bears responsibility and he does."

. . . . A source close to Pence said Trump's legal team was not telling the truth when attorney Michael van der Veen said at the trial that "at no point" did the then-President know his vice president was in danger.

Asked whether van der Veen was lying, the source said, "Yes." Former Pence aides are still fuming over Trump's actions on January 6, insisting he never checked on the vice president as Pence was being rushed from danger by his US Secret Service detail.

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 9.27.41 PM.png

Edited by Jeffrey Brown
  • Like 1

(edited)

17 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

The Demoncrats are getting creamed in the Peachmint trial today. No wonder Jeffrey is busy dusting off old links in desperation.

Clearly, most, but not all,  GOP politicians are afraid of their base, and the really puzzling thing about what Ben Sasse calls the “Weird worship of one dude” among the GOP base is that they are on bended knee to a worthless POS like Trump, while disparaging a principled conservative like Senator Sasse as a “RINO.”   

So, it looks like we may have witnesses, and Republicans will have to further defend the indefensible actions by Trump.  As discussed above, Graham can be reliably counted on to point in whichever way the wind is blowing, and he changed his vote.  

And as noted above:

"He is not a blameless observer, he was rooting for them," a Republican member of Congress said. "On January 13, Kevin McCarthy said on the floor of the House that the President bears responsibility and he does."

Edited by Jeffrey Brown
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Jeffrey Brown said:

Clearly, most, but not all,  GOP politicians are afraid of their base, and the really puzzling thing about what Ben Sasse calls the “Weird worship of one dude” among the GOP base is that they are on bended knee to a worthless POS like Trump, while disparaging a principled conservative like Senator Sasse as a “RINO.”   

So, it looks like we may have witnesses, and Republicans will have to further defend the indefensible actions by Trump.  As discussed above, Graham can be reliably counted on to point in whichever way the wind is blowing, and he changed his vote.  

And as noted above:

It would seem there is a rather large sucking sound reverberating in Washington DC. 

MIA casualties the Lincoln Project, Adam Schiff retreating to California. I do believe For Whom The Bell Tolls plays in here. This impeachment has only accelerated the process, witch hunts preformed under the guise of democracy will bring a new sense of urgency.

Think of it as political excersise in hygiene.

Hmm do you see Sasse's new career in the futures market's?

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-siege-donald-trump-censures-omaha-ben-sasse-a9af5767d6c7e1b6cc8912a60aeda8af 

Next would be Lizzy,indicators point to a very bright bright future.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/liz-cheney-trump-impeachment-wyoming/2021/02/02/d7a58f0a-64c9-11eb-8468-21bc48f07fe5_story.html

Rep. Liz Cheney’s vote to impeach Trump prompts a voter rebellion in her home state

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jeffrey Brown said:

And as noted above:

Trump bears responsibility, then so does Xiden. Current death count (by CNN math used against Trump) Xiden has killed over 60,000 Americans. See two get to play this game, even if the Communist News Network pulled the death count immediately after Xiden took office. With your TDSCD Trump's the bad guy. Amazing a person can be that stupid and blind but here you are being both. Intelligent people see a different reality than your imaginary one. 

8D6D47C1-3B0D-4A71-984A-B4D19150FFE5.jpeg

D34E4A0F-FC0A-440E-9FB9-B6E3D90531FB.jpeg

• Like 1

(edited)

Observation by NYT reporter:

"Seven Republicans vote to convict Trump. It’s the most bipartisan vote for an impeachment conviction in U.S. history."

Senator Ben Sasse:

“On election night 2014, I promised Nebraskans I’d always vote my conscience even if it was against the partisan stream. In my first speech here in the Senate in November 2015, I promised to speak out when a president – even of my own party – exceeds his or her powers. I cannot go back on my word, and Congress cannot lower our standards on such a grave matter, simply because it is politically convenient. I must vote to convict.”

Senator Richard Burr:

“When this process started, I believed that it was unconstitutional to impeach a president who was no longer in office. I still believe that to be the case. However, the Senate is an institution based on precedent, and given that the majority in the Senate voted to proceed with this trial, the question of constitutionality is now established precedent. … The evidence is compelling that President Trump is guilty of inciting an insurrection against a coequal branch of government and that the charge rises to the level of high Crimes and Misdemeanors. Therefore, I have voted to convict. I do not make this decision lightly, but I believe it is necessary. By what he did and by what he did not do, President Trump violated his oath of office to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.“

Edited by Jeffrey Brown

7F68B606-44EC-41F9-8A4E-D9AD07DF0972.jpeg

1C37F8B2-DC22-4807-A878-F09EFB35A75C.jpeg

38A62BD3-6C9C-4546-B4AA-40FD2EF7AA0D.jpeg

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

(edited)

Class versus ass

Demoncrats get to be the ass again

01723F56-AC30-456C-9F64-6F2FF2C01ADE.png

Edited by Ward Smith
Better image
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

(edited)

Pretty remarkable statement by McConnell--basically outlining all the reasons why Trump was guilty as charged and McConnell noted that Trump is fully liable for all the crimes he committed while in office and "He has not gotten way with anything yet." 

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/watch-mcconnell-s-full-remarks-following-senate-vote-to-acquit-trump-100994117808

Edited by Jeffrey Brown
  • Rolling Eye 1

23 minutes ago, Jeffrey Brown said:

Pretty remarkable statement by McConnell--basically outlining all the reasons why Trump was guilty as charged and McConnell noted that Trump is fully liable for all the crimes he committed while in office and "He has not gotten way with anything yet." 

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/watch-mcconnell-s-full-remarks-following-senate-vote-to-acquit-trump-100994117808

@Roch has another thread where he clearly outlined the high crimes and misdemeanors RINO McConnell is guilty of. That he's in bed with the CCP is an open secret. That he bumped heads with Trump multiple times is also well known, and that he forced Trump to take his wife as secretary of transportation (or no legislation would get passed) is also well known. McConnell is almost 80, he's going to retire after this term and count his billions. He didn't care about the US citizens before and he's certainly not going to start now. That speech was written by his CCP handlers weeks ago, since this vote was a foregone conclusion. 

Even the illusion of democracy is history in this country now. The ability to cheat in all future elections is memorialized in HR1. The RINOS who are voting in lock step with the Demoncrats know which side butters their bread. It won't matter if no one voted for them, they'll get reelected by plausibly deniable margins no matter what. The fix is in, I called the fix and I'm right. They got away with it, now they'll always get away with it. They'll face the music when enough Americans have well and truly had enough. I don't like their chances at that point, even calling in the United Nations security forces to "protect" them. I would have guessed 4 years but at the rate Xiden is selling out this country I'm thinking two years now. 

• Like 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Brown said:

Observation by NYT reporter:

"Seven Republicans vote to convict Trump. It’s the most bipartisan vote for an impeachment conviction in U.S. history."

Senator Ben Sasse:

“On election night 2014, I promised Nebraskans I’d always vote my conscience even if it was against the partisan stream. In my first speech here in the Senate in November 2015, I promised to speak out when a president – even of my own party – exceeds his or her powers. I cannot go back on my word, and Congress cannot lower our standards on such a grave matter, simply because it is politically convenient. I must vote to convict.”

Senator Richard Burr:

“When this process started, I believed that it was unconstitutional to impeach a president who was no longer in office. I still believe that to be the case. However, the Senate is an institution based on precedent, and given that the majority in the Senate voted to proceed with this trial, the question of constitutionality is now established precedent. … The evidence is compelling that President Trump is guilty of inciting an insurrection against a coequal branch of government and that the charge rises to the level of high Crimes and Misdemeanors. Therefore, I have voted to convict. I do not make this decision lightly, but I believe it is necessary. By what he did and by what he did not do, President Trump violated his oath of office to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.“

‘Keep fighting,’ Obama tells Democrats in Minnesota

“Two years ago, I told you change is not easy,” Obama told a large crowd at the University of Minnesota.

With his shirt sleeves rolled up and voice straining at times, he added, “I need you to keep fighting. I need you to keep working. I need you to keep believing.”

Now i ask you....."Just where the hell is Primary the Hell out of them"...Trumps own words.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 8:11 PM, Symmetry said:

Feel free to look this up yourself.  The impeachment is done in the house - fact.

I'm not making it out to be anything than what it is, the actual procedure.   You are the one making it out be something else.

peach process.jpg

Don't know where you found this rubbish, but it is inaccurate, especially the last box,BECAUSE THERE IS NO ONE IN OFFICE!

• Like 1

(edited)

21 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Don't know where you found this rubbish, but it is inaccurate, especially the last box,BECAUSE THERE IS NO ONE IN OFFICE!

Obvious that was old, probably from impeachment #1.

Biden is in office. 

Edited by Symmetry
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

McConnell says Trump was "practically and morally responsible" for riot

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mitch-mcconnell-impeachment-vote-senate-speech/

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell excoriated former President Trump Saturday in a speech on the Senate floor shortly after McConnell voted to acquit in the former president's second impeachment trial. In a speech with a first half reminiscent of the arguments made by House impeachment managers, McConnell said the former president was "practically and morally responsible" for the attack on the Capitol on January 6. 

But McConnell argued that he believed it was unconstitutional to convict a president who was no longer in office.

"This was an intensifying crescendo of conspiracy theories orchestrated by an outgoing president who seemed determined to either overturn the voters' decision or else torch our institutions on the way out," McConnell said. 

McConnell was unequivocal about Mr. Trump's responsibility. "There is no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day," he said, and added that Mr. Trump watched the events unfold on television. "A mob was assaulting the Capitol in his name," he said. "These criminals were carrying his banners, hanging his flags and screaming their loyalty to him."

The Senate voted 57-43 Saturday to acquit the former president on a charge for incitement of insurrection. Seven Republicans joined with Democrats in finding the former president guilty: Senators Richard Burr of North Carolina, Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Mitt Romney of Utah, Ben Sasse of Nebraska and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania.

McConnell said the people who stormed the Capitol believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of Mr. Trump. "Having that belief," McConnell said, "was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories and reckless hyperbole which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet earth.”

McConnell described the violence on January 6, saying that Americans beat and bloodied their own police, stormed the Senate floor and built a gallows and chanted about murdering the Vice President. "They did this," McConnell said, "because they'd been fed wild falsehoods by the most powerful man on earth, because he was angry he lost an election."

Edited by Jeffrey Brown
  • Rolling Eye 1

5 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Demoncrats get to be the ass again

Democrats will have to console themselves with control the Presidency, the Senate and the House, and the GOP largely has Trump to thank for losing the Presidency and the Senate. 

• Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Jeffrey Brown said:

Democrats will have to console themselves with control the Presidency, the Senate and the House, and the GOP largely has Trump to thank for losing the Presidency and the Senate. 

Not at all, Trump is no longer bound by the chains of the presidency...imagine the chaos that will be will able to unleash upon the Biden admin.

A note here, i live amoungest the liberal/progressive body. I am merely projecting there worst fears, odd normally i would deeply access my glee. Oh well, indulgence at my age is considered to be therapeutic..a doctors orders kind of thing.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

4 hours ago, Symmetry said:

Obvious that was old, probably from impeachment #1.

Biden is in office. 

So basically, you pulled this off of the WWW somewhere, threw it up here and posed it as fact? wow Way to back your statements up. I at least use the Constitution, Come back when you have VERIFIABLE facts. Gonna have to start use footnotes at the bottoms of your posts to cite sources

Edited by El Gato
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1