turbguy

Inpeachment 2.0

(edited)

I don't know about you, but the trial is fascinating!  While the outcome is more-or-less predetermined, it is fantastic that the entire world has an opportunity to observe our government in real time.

Edited by turbguy
  • Like 4

(edited)

So I will kindly ask out of curiosity what the consequences for Trump in the event of impeachment will be.

I can imagine taking his former presidential privileges away. Taking away the presidential pension probably won't hurt him much, considering he's a billionaire.

Social respect - democrats never had it for him, they  hate him from the first day.

The 60-70 million Americans who voted for him  last November still probably respect him. 

Now he can even pretend to be  some kind of martyr against Deep State who tried to dry the swamp and who lost a rigged election to Biden.

So what's the whole point of this impeachment after leaving office?

Edited by Tomasz
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, turbguy said:

I don't know about you, but the trial is fascinating!  While the outcome is more-or-less predetermined, it is fantastic that the entire world has an opportunity to observe our government in real time.

I don't find it an inspiring performance.  What it is demonstrating is that the concept of "With malice towards none, and charity for all, we will bind the nation's wounds,"  is long gone, a forgotten tidbit from the dusty pages of history   (Abraham Lincoln said that in his speech at Gettysburg, as I recall).  The whole exercise is mendacious and malicious, intended to stick a dagger into a political opponent whom "Official Washington" has come to view with distaste.   Just because you don't like someone is no excuse. 

What is the difference between what is happening here and what John Kerry and Joe Biden did to Ed Snowden?  None. 

• Like 3
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

47 minutes ago, Tomasz said:

It is to demonstrate to Dan Quayle that John Kerry has more clout than Dan does. 

Edited by Jan van Eck
spelling error
  • Haha 7
  • Rolling Eye 1

48 minutes ago, Tomasz said:

So I will kindly ask out of curiosity what the consequences for Trump in the event of impeachment will be.

The Democrats that control the Senate can, by simple majority vote, present a Bill of Particulars barring Trump from ever holding any political elected office again.  Since he dominates the Republican Party and could, if he wanted to, become the candidate in 2024 for President, this Bill of Particulars could stop him.  It is pure party politics, an exercise in vendetta.  What it does is make the USA look like Belarus. 

In other words, political bullshit.

• Like 4
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Rolling Eye 2

12 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

What it does is make the USA look like Belarus. 

Or make Belarus look like the USA.

• Haha 2

I want Trump to run again. To ensure fairness I want Ward to be in charge every day at every poll. Ward needs to hand count every mailed in vote and track down every ballot every day before he goes to bed. It would be nice to get an updated tally every hour. Thanks in advance Ward. Your food should be paid for, 1/2 by the Dems and 1/2 by Republicans. 

• Haha 4
  • Rolling Eye 1

They say a picture is worth a 1000 word's....below is my impression...guess who is blowing the horn.

1a2.jpg

(edited)

21 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

image.png.ea897ee5831042cbf57d797f3a1a085d.png

Point of order...

20 years later, it turns out Dan Quayle was right about Murphy Brown and unmarried moms

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/20-years-later-it-turns-out-dan-quayle-was-right-about-murphy-brown-and-unmarried-moms/2012/05/25/gJQAsNCJqU_story.html

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Tomasz said:

I can imagine taking his former presidential privileges away. Taking away the presidential pension probably won't hurt him much, considering he's a billionaire.

Social respect - democrats never had it for him, they  hate him from the first day.

The 60-70 million Americans who voted for him  last November still probably respect him. 

Now he can even pretend to be  some kind of martyr against Deep State who tried to dry the swamp and who lost a rigged election to Biden.

Politics is the main reason, having a historical record is a lessor motivation, imo.

At least we get each side's position, in detail, of the events that day.

4 hours ago, turbguy said:

Heard of C-SPAN?

(edited)

3 hours ago, Tomasz said:

It is a stupid move that they did out of spite for Trump and Trumpists like myself. We are the deplorables, the smelly Walmart people, those who cling to their Bibles and their guns. They also hope to destroy any chance of him leading Republicans in the future. We have already seen RINO's make their moves. Nicky Hailey has already made her intentions plain. Romney is hoping. My hope is in the American people discovering the truth about the leftists during the next two years, and in minimizing the damage that Biden can do. In two years the House and Senate are up for grabs. 

The only sensible motive would be to try to bar him from running again but I think that is unconstitutional.

The next two years will be spent trying to punish the leaders of the right wing through more blatant lies and accusations of all sorts. They will be identified, classified, and penalized in any way possible. Mainly by censoring and maligning them. But also by attempting to ignore the Bill of Rights and seize our guns and ammo or otherwise make it too expensive to keep them through any means possible. If they do that I think it will blow up in their face. Neither will we be silenced, but will have to build out our own media while shunning the left and fighting politically against them. 

Edited by ronwagn
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

The only sensible motive would be to try to bar him from running again but I think that is unconstitutional. 

It is not  (unconstitutional).  Sorry.

2 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

I don't find it an inspiring performance.  What it is demonstrating is that the concept of "With malice towards none, and charity for all, we will bind the nation's wounds,"  is long gone, a forgotten tidbit from the dusty pages of history   (Abraham Lincoln said that in his speech at Gettysburg, as I recall).  The whole exercise is mendacious and malicious, intended to stick a dagger into a political opponent whom "Official Washington" has come to view with distaste.   Just because you don't like someone is no excuse. 

What is the difference between what is happening here and what John Kerry and Joe Biden did to Ed Snowden?  None. 

agree. and I will add Assange to your comment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turbguy said:

the trial is a perversion. you are fascinated by the trial. what does this say about you?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

It is a stupid move that they did out of spite for Trump and Trumpists like myself. We are the deplorables, the smelly Walmart people, those who cling to their Bibles and their guns. They also hope to destroy any chance of him leading Republicans in the future. We have already seen RINO's make their moves. Nicky Hailey has already made her intentions plain. Romney is hoping. My hope is in the American people discovering the truth about the leftists during the next two years, and in minimizing the damage that Biden can do. In two years the House and Senate are up for grabs. 

The next two years will be spent trying to punish the leaders of the right wing through more blatant lies and accusations of all sorts. They will be identified, classified, and penalized in any way possible. Mainly by censoring and maligning them. But also by attempting to ignore the Bill of Rights and seize our guns and ammo or otherwise make it too expensive to keep them through any means possible. If they do that I think it will blow up in their face. Neither will we be silenced, but will have to build out our own media while shunning the left and fighting politically against them. 

agree; stupid. amen.

• Like 2

(edited)

15 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

15 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Well, they are not going to be able to get to a two thirds majority to do it.  

Edited by ronwagn
error
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Point of order...

20 years later, it turns out Dan Quayle was right about Murphy Brown and unmarried moms

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/20-years-later-it-turns-out-dan-quayle-was-right-about-murphy-brown-and-unmarried-moms/2012/05/25/gJQAsNCJqU_story.html

Surprising to see this in the Washington Post, how did it get through?

(edited)

The sheer volume of political satire would boggle the human mind, remember a google cache?

Use duck go duck i think that is the browser name/handle. Of if you can remember very key statements google will still pull it up. 

Here is list of some deep search engines...Stay away from anything illegal...just a thought.

https://thehackernews.com/2016/02/deep-web-search-engine.html

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Well, they are not going to be able to get to a two thirds majority to do it.  

That is true.  It is political theater.  Nothing more.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

duck go duck

Duck Duck Go.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, frankfurter said:

the trial is a perversion. you are fascinated by the trial. what does this say about you?

Give it rest, Frankie.

• Haha 2

Look guys, this case is more public given that the president is involved but for decades any issue or stance that will galvanize the base or make the opposition look uncomfortable will be pushed to a vote so  congress representatives will have to go their constituates and explain their vote. Or proudly brag about their vote. So yes it is a well used political ploy, nothing new. 
You remember Clinton got impeached for purgery? Lying about sex? You think there are paybacks going on? Like the Dems forgot? Wake up to the normal real world. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

Rep. Peter Meijer: Only GOP Freshman Who Voted To Impeach Trump Tells All

The 33-year-old successor to Justin Amash's House seat says his party has abandoned limited government, economic freedom, and individualism.

https://reason.com/podcast/2021/02/10/rep-peter-meijer-only-gop-freshman-who-voted-to-impeach-trump-tells-all/?fbclid=IwAR0cqRqrhOE9j64h2Pl4hRlWclOmRiuoTFZ4TGZL6m1edPEbutdfFK6DjRM&amp

Some needed fresh air?