2 hours ago, ronwagn said:

https://thepatriotjournal.com/manchin-biden-action-keystone-pipeline/

Senator Manchin And 14 AGs Just Moved Against Biden – And The AGs Could File Lawsuits If Joe Doesn’t Reopen Keystone Pipeline
By Ben Dutka|February 10, 2021

Will Biden be blamed for higher gasoline prices? RCW 
Senator Manchin And 14 AGs Just Moved Against Biden – And The AGs Could File Lawsuits If Joe Doesn’t Reopen Keystone Pipeline

He doesn't care!  He doesn't know.  "Yes, Jill, I can still remember where to sign.  But, put an X in the place, by the thing, you know what I'm talking about!  Just put it in front of me.  I'll sign it, damnit!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Not sure Biden's EO is actually legal as there would not be legal grounds for him to stop an approved project, and if it is a reversal of a Trump EO then SCOTUS already made clear that an incoming president can not reverse the outgoing's EOs, only congress can do it. It was decided on Obama's DACA EO.

So I think the AGs have good reason to expect a favorable response in Federal court for injunctions to stop the new EO going into effect if not rejecting it outright once it is in effect.

Don't know the details of the XL pipeline EO, so this is a speculation more than an opinion. 

• Upvote 1

Well, he yanked the permit. A massive amount (50,000 tons they tell me) of pipeline has been deteriorating atop the ground for the last five years. It's probably scrap metal by now. 

The best way to get a president to change his mind would normally be for the Canadian president to call up Mr. Biden and express his anger and raise the possibility of trade sanctions. Trudeau is too weak for this and besides, he is politically aligned with Mr. Biden. 

The cancellation of the pipeline puts America back at the mercy of the Saudis. At the same time, Mr. Biden has informed the Saudis that they can no longer depend upon the US for the latest in defense. Simultaneously, he has released the Houthies from sanction. In response, the Houthies sent an Iranian drone zinging toward Saudi Arabia, complete with missiles. These are comical now but give them a little time and they'll get it right. 

This has been one of the most ill-informed of all executive orders. In fact, the thing exemplifies why EO's should be abolished completely, except under exceptional conditions of threat. Speaking of that, I would imagine that an existential threat--the need for lots of fuel but limited ways to generate it--is the only thing that will right this awful wrong. 

Unless the 14 AG's do the trick, presumably before the SCOTUS. 

Mr. Biden would be well informed that Texit is being openly discussed, largely because Texans can't stand to have people mess with their guns. If Texas goes, several states will go along with them. This is heating up. I realize just how difficult the new act (following the Civil War) made it to secede, but these are dangerous times.

• Like 2