DR

Texans forced to have rolling black outs. Not from downed power line , but because the wind energy turbines are frozen.

1 hour ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Well now the below is quite interesting, it seems Indiana has taken a look into the TX grid debacle. Personally I applaud their governing body for taking such a fundamental approach. Fake it till you make it was has been overrated.

Indiana regulators slash a net metering rate, advise solar owners to buy a battery

The Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) delivered a final order (Cause No. 45378) that reduces the credit received by future solar owners served by CenterPoint Energy unit Vectren South. The decision also changed the period for earning credits so that more customer-owned solar generation is credited at the new lower rate.

One solar installer told regulators that Vectren South’s proposal would cut the net metering rate of 14.3 cents for residential and 9.3 cents per kWh for commercial customers to about 3.1 cents per kWh. He said that the utility’s proposed instantaneous netting methodology would “drastically reduce or dry up” his company’s business, and he said the proposal would more than triple the expected customer payback period from 7-10 years to about 25 years.

https://pv-magazine-usa.com/2021/04/08/indiana-regulators-slash-a-net-metering-rate-advise-solar-owners-to-buy-a-battery/

I could never understand how the full price of net metering on excess (outflow) solar generation could be credited back to a solar generator.  They should receive the same as any other generator (fossil, nuc, renewable) receives.    

I tend to agree with the IURC's decision, even if it hurts the little guy.   

BTW, I would not have a large battery within my home. Perhaps in a dedicated outbuilding, but NOT in the home.

(edited)

1 hour ago, turbguy said:

I could never understand how the full price of net metering on excess (outflow) solar generation could be credited back to a solar generator.  They should receive the same as any other generator (fossil, nuc, renewable) receives.    

I tend to agree with the IURC's decision, even if it hurts the little guy.   

BTW, I would not have a large battery within my home. Perhaps in a dedicated outbuilding, but NOT in the home.

Yes I get that battery in my home thought. Ive been rebuilding/updating a old 83 RV..(Tinkeritis on steroids)

Part of that process was is complete self sustained power system..aka solar. A Telsa power cell was in the making until I gave somethought as to a sudden discharge...Visions of my 35 ft all aluminum construction being reduced to smoldering beer can. 

871005574_has-bright-idea(1).jpeg.65cf71f024bc39431e0bafbc985b5091.jpeg

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

On 2/15/2021 at 2:02 PM, Ward Smith said:

57716E24-8941-406F-A800-C3D2754E5682.jpeg

Yes !!, but just for the moment !!!, this transition time. Later the choppers will be electrical also, the chemical compound, of course will be always from fossil origen but that is the only future for oil; plastics, polimers and many other products that surely cientifics genius will discover but the bunch oil used nowadays will disappear, replaced by EV's. For sure also, engineers will develop some appliance to keep warm this big "wind blowers" during winter time, actioned with the same electricity produced by them, so is better to attach to the very close energy future.

On 4/8/2021 at 10:34 AM, joeschmoe said:

Just AMAZINGLY clueless. They have windmills in NORTH DAKOTA, properly winterized. What's more, gas plants in Texas had to shut down too, unable to operate in the extreme cold.

It is a clear picture of incompetent management of the grid, they were caught with their pants down, counting on a "normal" weather pattern when Global Warming reared its head. That's right, that freeze was a result of Global Warming, Arctic air pushed to Texas. Too bad deniers can't grasp simple science and choose to hate on scientists for the facts and green energy for looking for solutions. They are angry flat-earthers, unable to adapt or even acknowledge weather changes brought on by Global Warming, forging on looking neither right or left, leaving their intelligence behind in their attacks on facts.

There is a new school of climate science based on solar variables research, which offers a better explanation of weather patterns than the global warming hypothesis. Check back on this thread above, we discussed a number of the recent scientific articles on this approach.