(edited)

Edited by Roch
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Roch said:

If you voted for Trump you are not an insurrectionist.  

If you voted for Trump you are not a white supremecist. 

If you voted for Trump you are not [necessarily] an insurrectionist.  

If you voted for Trump you are not [necessarily] a white supremacist.

But some people are either one of the above or both. And not all of them voted for Trump, or even voted at all.

• Rolling Eye 1

3 hours ago, Meredith Poor said:

If you voted for Trump you are not [necessarily] an insurrectionist.  

If you voted for Trump you are not [necessarily] a white supremacist.

But some people are either one of the above or both. And not all of them voted for Trump, or even voted at all.

If you voted for Biden/Harris you support anarchist insurrectionist ANTIFA whom started riots all summer long, burnt $ billions worth of small business to the ground , butt down police offices and attacked and attempted to burn down a Federal courthouse. .   .   .   Other than that ANTIFA is a very nice group of people

If you believe black lives matter you are a good person.

• Like 3

Let's start with a straw man (argument) about some imaginary "POUTS ". My personal perspective is that bioinformatics (I like making experimental "cheese" with a "wild" "exotic" "genetic algorithm") is much more interesting than some of the argumentationation of "POUTS ". 

Keep in mind technology increases (virtual) proximity to markets so there was a lot of collaboration about universal knowledge (but keep in mind, modern distributed computers are extremely parrelized, it's like having a billion hands, each hand is slowly sorting content based a bunch of "phone books"), facilitating the creation of new, efficient value chains.

What are the "sides"? Let's smudge those. Let's not learn some of the worse memories from the French Revolution, which was inspired by the American Revolution but went "badly" (but the Republican fervor was "interesting" - how would you fit Charles de Gaulle's politics into modern day America?). Why are we trying to pass on the worst mistakes of others? MLK said rioting only makes situations more "complicated". Attacks on legislative bodies even more so. Use your brain. For example, move your neck around. What do you perceive as that direction? Can you gauge the distance to that "stuff"? Get a mirror and see if you and the anti-ego mirror you agree on the direction. Human beings have limited perception, a soulless internet device more so (lookup WebXR, ETA 2021). For example, fire an eraser (a laser). It's well known that most power emitted in the IR spectrum does not cause a blink response, so one must be careful. Safety is critical, but it's important to take bounded (non-crazy) risk. 

To me, being two-sided (in the wrong directions) is a poorly learned anachronism (a carry over) from the French Revolution (the wrong lessons from the wrong wars about some violence that almost happened fairly recently). In that revolution mobs guillotined people. Let's agree to disagree on stuff that that causes unnatural deaths. Let's talk about the ascent of humanity. For example, since climate seems to equal destiny in some fashion, and we have very quick connections almost all over the planet (thanks to cleanup of earlier era ways to communicate), we can just communicate via wins. For example: https://www.itu.int/en/myitu/News/2021/02/08/14/59/Vanuatu-LDC-graduation-digital-transformation 

It used to be people were in denial about certain things, but thanks to more recent near-term technology, you can just "see" those things that are invisible to our perceptual field of vision. For example, what jobs should be automated away? What is the difference between autonomy and automation? Digitizing (of data, you'd want proper data provenance for legal, tort, and multi-factor auditing reasons) makes industries once data insufficient, now filthy "data" rich with vibrant ecosystems (but keep in mind laws don't usually catch up to technology). I like the digital humanities myself, because of the more broad reach (this is generally what you want in the 21st century). Do you remember when things went "high fidelity"? How many times did that happen? It depends on your locale.  The money generated in digital economics often has opposite economics from industrial era economics (in terms of capital efficiencies and the cost to experiment with stuff). How do you calculate a mechanical leverage effect of money of distributed computation (try thinking of a "viscous" liquid, like a water wheel) where the initial capital often turns into scale-invariant growth? 

Let's take a look at a term some people refer to as a bias:
https://ethicsunwrapped.utexas.edu/glossary/obedience-to-authority

Maybe a failure to learn from history.

Let's assume "POUTS " issued some odd "utterances" that other people interpreted as a codeword that was a flag to communicate, for example, what a station commander does with physical tracks which aligns two train lines (in some areas of the world).

This would perform a switch so non-"self driving trains" so they would not smash into each other. Or a line operator on some "classical" telephone systems would do before more automatic switching was invented. or air traffic control systems before they got more immersive "interfaces" instead of looking at 2d slices of a immersive-4d view.

Those flags turned into some "coordination" (rather than contra-coordination) rather than a focus on inclusion and diversity (cooperation). Perceived "scarcity" is what con-man who are "hustling" do (it's interesting to understand the business model). I'll define this as cheating to steal a buck, then asking for a mulligan on some self-owned golf course, and then taking tax breaks from a self-associated "charity" that would issue a mismatch'ed value in exchange for "interesting" flows of money. People learn to spot this type of pathology (I guess thanks to the clustering effect of urbanism?) in places like NYC very easily but whateva. "POUTS " seemed to have a lot "gaps of knowledge" as it relates to digitalization, so he did not have much "street cred" in for example, the (extremely quickly growing) Fintech industry. 

This "coordination" event bloomed (to some people, anyways!) Keep in mind that bloom filters are often used by "huge sites" for scaling reasons. How do you perturb the probability of error to prevent unnatural deaths as a result of miscommunication?) that it was "time" for a coup d'etat after hearing on the internet for a bunch of months a lot of disinformation (archived for content curation), which can be semantically analyzed, but keep in mind that words in different locales a "string" may have different connotations, including from a former "POUTS " which was processed - incorrectly. It's better to be a disambiguator (a translator) and calligraph stuff "artfully". 

where is that place "POUTS " mentioned? At the swamp that multiple colonies (who each thought themselves as nation states but realized that interstate commerce was more efficient) decided to give up infested land?, that sounds like a "conspiracy theory" 'surprisingly- self-referential' to an earlier conspiracy theory which also almost created some violence, for example, Pizzagate in "elections long ago", or many other conspiratorial "utterances" (phrases) heard years past, for example, birtherism. Personally, I didn't even think anyone took it seriously, but maybe people were stuck in echo chambers busy with more global/local issues and were paying attention to the wrong things? I think it would be a very interesting "romance novel" (to have a computational natural language program ghostwrite with neural style transfer). 

Now, let's zoom to the now. In an era, of "AI" (I'll just call this an optimal time problem), a hybrid "beta" applied optimization problem with whatever loss functions in a optimal time setting, with optimal compression (digitally) timed clock-tree (how much "older" is your head from your foot?) linked with optimal compressive sensing (in an analog "apparatus"), what is the algorithm that defines a "machine learned representation" doing? It's some "deep learning" with some "deep streaming" over suitable (protocol following) physical devices, and amplified by one suitable analog transmitters (waveguides), and transceivers of varying power/energy consumption. I like inter-procedural analysis, but I'm more interested in understanding as much culture as possible from as many countries as possible. This is your "reach" these days. Thanks to the internet. 

Keep in mind the the "POUTS " was fairly ignorant about modern "AI", so much so that he didn't make it a focus. You must have laser focus as a "POUTS ". He focused on 20th century "wars". See also: https://www.loc.gov/law/help/artificial-intelligence/regulation-artificial-intelligence.pdf

How do you prevent disinformation about conspiracies and encourage people to get out the vote? 

The Law Library of Congress is a palladium mine, a cultural treasure, but keep in US law is pretty "electronic record"-based and fuzzy about records stored in more modern media. Keep in mind that "POUTS " sent many messages over the open internet, which is fairly foolish in general, especially if you've already put down people in say, the information sciences. 

Obama could at least understand "order theory" enough to publicly swear an oath to never use bubble sort.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Roch said:

If you voted for Biden/Harris you support anarchist insurrectionist ANTIFA whom started riots all summer long, burnt $ billions worth of small business to the ground , butt down police offices and attacked and attempted to burn down a Federal courthouse. .   .   .   Other than that ANTIFA is a very nice group of people

Name calling and label slapping. Human intelligence at its finest.

• Rolling Eye 1

2 hours ago, Roch said:

If you believe black lives matter you are a good person.

I believe people's lives matter.

I believe BLM was hijacked by whites all last summer.  And the whites that hijacked it were not in the crowds of largely/predominantly/overwhelmingly white rioters.  White rioters being led under the false pretenses of a false cause emanating out of their political power brokers and supported by the foundations of their own left-leaning college/university educations and inflamed by their inabilities to achieve success after having received that education.  They seemed to believe that they might as well join the cause of inequality of another race with the belief/hope/prayer that that would somehow make things right/better for their own plight, since nobody had much sympathy for your typical SJW.

People in their 40s and 50s reflect back on adventures such as those and realize that, along with the thrill of it all, they were actually just being used by others with personal power agendas that had nothing to do with their own plight in the world.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, surrept33 said:

Let's start with a straw man (argument) about some imaginary "POUTS ". My personal perspective is that bioinformatics (I like making experimental "cheese" with a "wild" "exotic" "genetic algorithm") is much more interesting than some of the argumentationation of "POUTS ". 

Keep in mind technology increases (virtual) proximity to markets so there was a lot of collaboration about universal knowledge (but keep in mind, modern distributed computers are extremely parrelized, it's like having a billion hands, each hand is slowly sorting content based a bunch of "phone books"), facilitating the creation of new, efficient value chains.

What are the "sides"? Let's smudge those. Let's not learn some of the worse memories from the French Revolution, which was inspired by the American Revolution but went "badly" (but the Republican fervor was "interesting" - how would you fit Charles de Gaulle's politics into modern day America?). Why are we trying to pass on the worst mistakes of others? MLK said rioting only makes situations more "complicated". Attacks on legislative bodies even more so. Use your brain. For example, move your neck around. What do you perceive as that direction? Can you gauge the distance to that "stuff"? Get a mirror and see if you and the anti-ego mirror you agree on the direction. Human beings have limited perception, a soulless internet device more so (lookup WebXR, ETA 2021). For example, fire an eraser (a laser). It's well known that most power emitted in the IR spectrum does not cause a blink response, so one must be careful. Safety is critical, but it's important to take bounded (non-crazy) risk. 

To me, being two-sided (in the wrong directions) is a poorly learned anachronism (a carry over) from the French Revolution (the wrong lessons from the wrong wars about some violence that almost happened fairly recently). In that revolution mobs guillotined people. Let's agree to disagree on stuff that that causes unnatural deaths. Let's talk about the ascent of humanity. For example, since climate seems to equal destiny in some fashion, and we have very quick connections almost all over the planet (thanks to cleanup of earlier era ways to communicate), we can just communicate via wins. For example: https://www.itu.int/en/myitu/News/2021/02/08/14/59/Vanuatu-LDC-graduation-digital-transformation 

It used to be people were in denial about certain things, but thanks to more recent near-term technology, you can just "see" those things that are invisible to our perceptual field of vision. For example, what jobs should be automated away? What is the difference between autonomy and automation? Digitizing (of data, you'd want proper data provenance for legal, tort, and multi-factor auditing reasons) makes industries once data insufficient, now filthy "data" rich with vibrant ecosystems (but keep in mind laws don't usually catch up to technology). I like the digital humanities myself, because of the more broad reach (this is generally what you want in the 21st century). Do you remember when things went "high fidelity"? How many times did that happen? It depends on your locale.  The money generated in digital economics often has opposite economics from industrial era economics (in terms of capital efficiencies and the cost to experiment with stuff). How do you calculate a mechanical leverage effect of money of distributed computation (try thinking of a "viscous" liquid, like a water wheel) where the initial capital often turns into scale-invariant growth? 

Let's take a look at a term some people refer to as a bias:
https://ethicsunwrapped.utexas.edu/glossary/obedience-to-authority

Maybe a failure to learn from history.

Let's assume "POUTS " issued some odd "utterances" that other people interpreted as a codeword that was a flag to communicate, for example, what a station commander does with physical tracks which aligns two train lines (in some areas of the world).

This would perform a switch so non-"self driving trains" so they would not smash into each other. Or a line operator on some "classical" telephone systems would do before more automatic switching was invented. or air traffic control systems before they got more immersive "interfaces" instead of looking at 2d slices of a immersive-4d view.

Those flags turned into some "coordination" (rather than contra-coordination) rather than a focus on inclusion and diversity (cooperation). Perceived "scarcity" is what con-man who are "hustling" do (it's interesting to understand the business model). I'll define this as cheating to steal a buck, then asking for a mulligan on some self-owned golf course, and then taking tax breaks from a self-associated "charity" that would issue a mismatch'ed value in exchange for "interesting" flows of money. People learn to spot this type of pathology (I guess thanks to the clustering effect of urbanism?) in places like NYC very easily but whateva. "POUTS " seemed to have a lot "gaps of knowledge" as it relates to digitalization, so he did not have much "street cred" in for example, the (extremely quickly growing) Fintech industry. 

This "coordination" event bloomed (to some people, anyways!) Keep in mind that bloom filters are often used by "huge sites" for scaling reasons. How do you perturb the probability of error to prevent unnatural deaths as a result of miscommunication?) that it was "time" for a coup d'etat after hearing on the internet for a bunch of months a lot of disinformation (archived for content curation), which can be semantically analyzed, but keep in mind that words in different locales a "string" may have different connotations, including from a former "POUTS " which was processed - incorrectly. It's better to be a disambiguator (a translator) and calligraph stuff "artfully". 

where is that place "POUTS " mentioned? At the swamp that multiple colonies (who each thought themselves as nation states but realized that interstate commerce was more efficient) decided to give up infested land?, that sounds like a "conspiracy theory" 'surprisingly- self-referential' to an earlier conspiracy theory which also almost created some violence, for example, Pizzagate in "elections long ago", or many other conspiratorial "utterances" (phrases) heard years past, for example, birtherism. Personally, I didn't even think anyone took it seriously, but maybe people were stuck in echo chambers busy with more global/local issues and were paying attention to the wrong things? I think it would be a very interesting "romance novel" (to have a computational natural language program ghostwrite with neural style transfer). 

Now, let's zoom to the now. In an era, of "AI" (I'll just call this an optimal time problem), a hybrid "beta" applied optimization problem with whatever loss functions in a optimal time setting, with optimal compression (digitally) timed clock-tree (how much "older" is your head from your foot?) linked with optimal compressive sensing (in an analog "apparatus"), what is the algorithm that defines a "machine learned representation" doing? It's some "deep learning" with some "deep streaming" over suitable (protocol following) physical devices, and amplified by one suitable analog transmitters (waveguides), and transceivers of varying power/energy consumption. I like inter-procedural analysis, but I'm more interested in understanding as much culture as possible from as many countries as possible. This is your "reach" these days. Thanks to the internet. 

Keep in mind the the "POUTS " was fairly ignorant about modern "AI", so much so that he didn't make it a focus. You must have laser focus as a "POUTS ". He focused on 20th century "wars". See also: https://www.loc.gov/law/help/artificial-intelligence/regulation-artificial-intelligence.pdf

How do you prevent disinformation about conspiracies and encourage people to get out the vote? 

The Law Library of Congress is a palladium mine, a cultural treasure, but keep in US law is pretty "electronic record"-based and fuzzy about records stored in more modern media. Keep in mind that "POUTS " sent many messages over the open internet, which is fairly foolish in general, especially if you've already put down people in say, the information sciences. 

Obama could at least understand "order theory" enough to publicly swear an oath to never use bubble sort.

We need to ban this sort of robotic verbiage which is meaningless.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, ronwagn said:

We need to ban this sort of robotic verbiage which is meaningless.

It appears to be intentionally meaningless.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

It appears to be intentionally meaningless.

Or unintentionally bot-ish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

(edited)

On 2/24/2021 at 3:10 PM, Meredith Poor said:

Name calling and label slapping. Human intelligence at its finest.

Mer

Chief Justice Thomas properly argued that the Pennsylvania Election case should be reviewed by the Supreme Court.

Is he a white Supremecist ?

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/1011008/16 

Trump wanted certain States to be audited.  His case is allowed under the Constitution.

The Constitution still counts ?  Doesn't it ?

Most of the 75 million that voted for Trump have concerns about our election process.

Edited by Roch
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Roch said:

Most of the 75 million that voted for Trump have concerns about our election process.

Along with the 80 million that voted for Biden.

Like the American GI’s said in World War 2 “ UP YOURS BABY “.....

30 minutes ago, Meredith Poor said:

In what way is that ? 

6 hours ago, Meredith Poor said:

That number could be right.  Democrats were very effective getting the mail-in votes from all the maskers at home that were afraid to go out.  And they got the international mail-in votes, too.  That was helpful.  Oh, and at least one semi-truck full from NY.  A few hundred thousand here, a few hundred K there...

Obama: 69.5 million

Biden: 80 million

Sounds about right!  :) 

• Haha 1

(edited)

So I asked my brother if we should kill state rights and require uniform voting standards. He said absolutely no. So I ask why one state would declare fraud over how another conducts their voting. He had no answer, do you?

33 states allow voting from home. Where is the rage about all those elections. This is why Trump lost in court. There is no uniformity in voting process. 

Edited by Boat
  • Like 1

This is the first modern election where we have had massive censorship of a presidential candidate by social media. Goldwater got 90% bad press but there was no social media censorship. He did not have a candidate who had a son guilty of pornography, drug crimes, probable sex crimes, millions of dollars of graft due to Biden's position either. All of this was covered up by the press and social media to the best of their ability. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 8:20 PM, Boat said:

So I asked my brother if we should kill state rights and require uniform voting standards. He said absolutely no. So I ask why one state would declare fraud over how another conducts their voting. He had no answer, do you?

33 states allow voting from home. Where is the rage about all those elections. This is why Trump lost in court. There is no uniformity in voting process. 

Seriously?  Okay, maybe you are.

Mail in ballots, by normal voting Dems or Reps, are not the problem.  I thought many of the guys had illustrated this sufficiently.  The mass mail in effort just facilitates the adding of votes and the way that ballots are handled at the polling stations.  Batches shredded and thrown out as opposed to the State's own rules to keep all ballots, for the very purpose of auditing should that become necessary, along with other batches that were allegedly inserted or incorrectly handled and tallied.

If we had had a fair system of allowing opposition witnesses during the ballot's progression and tallying, there may be no issue, or at least much less of an issue.  A lot of pieces came together to make the numbers go the way they did and this was just one of them.  Check the news: there are a number of states where the State Legislature is now convening to tighten the rules and strengthen enforcement of fair practices.  This is the least that we should expect.