Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rodent

It's official: Canadian govt to buy trans mountain

That is exactly what I didn't want to happen. The Canadian Federal government's ineptitude knows no bounds. This does nothing for the investment outlook in Canada...

• Like 1

(edited)

5 hours ago, xposure said:

That is exactly what I didn't want to happen. The Canadian Federal government's ineptitude knows no bounds. This does nothing for the investment outlook in Canada...

It's short term, only through 2020, I believe.  When they will probably turn right back around and sell it back to Kinder.  Heck, Kinder might even still operate it in the meantime.

It's a litigation shield. 

Edited by SLL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SLL said:

It's short term, only through 2020, I believe.  When they will probably turn right back around and sell it back to Kinder.  Heck, Kinder might even still operate it in the meantime.

It's a litigation shield. 

We will see. I suspect we will pump around 7 billion dollars into this after all is said and done, and then sell it during an oil price downturn due to not having a lot of government income. The future government will then sell it for a loss. As is Canadian tradition.

• Like 1

(edited)

We are at war with environmental extremists in Canada.  We can't let the David Suzukis and Al Gores of the world win even if victory means putting tax dollars of hard working Canadians at a slight risk.  We have to send a strong message to the environmentalist extremists!  Canada will not let you Luddite jerks win!

Next up we need to elect a true pro hydrocarbon government and kill the carbon tax which is a tax on our number one export oil!

Edited by PeterfromCalgary
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1