sU

Forecasts for Natural Gas

Natural Gas Price #Forecast and Result for March 15-17, 2021. The decline intensifies. #нефть   #прогноз   #trading #Energy   https://youtu.be/F9n4W_TSrTc

(edited)

ufp.jpeg.bdfaa8db5bfe2a6a2bf7db8e51fec369.jpegNatural gas prices (spot). Last breath. Forecast/ Link  here  Forecast of Awleksadr   

Edited by A/Plague

I am projecting that early summer will be mild with temperatures.  This will play a role on energy usage (air conditioning).  However, when winter comes, we should see another cold one.  We are in a Grand Solar Minimum.  That said, we could expect volatility in weather patterns and seasonal harvests.  

IMAGE here  https://community.oilprice.com/topic/21940-united-states-lng-exports-reach-third-place/page/7/#comment-147543

With higher oil prices, I can see more natural gas coming online.  So, for right now, I believe that Natural Gas will continue to move sideways or down briefly.  LNG for this coming winter will pick up speed as the summer wanes, and then perhaps we will again see the volatility in Natural Gas prices.

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/natural-gas

• Upvote 1

I just saw a generic ad for natural gas today. It is way past time for targeted natural gas ads emphasizing transportation uses to compete with high priced EVs, gasoline, and diesel. 

See 

On 5/7/2021 at 9:24 AM, Tom Nolan said:

I am projecting that early summer will be mild with temperatures.  This will play a role on energy usage (air conditioning).  However, when winter comes, we should see another cold one.  We are in a Grand Solar Minimum.  That said, we could expect volatility in weather patterns and seasonal harvests.  

IMAGE here  https://community.oilprice.com/topic/21940-united-states-lng-exports-reach-third-place/page/7/#comment-147543

With higher oil prices, I can see more natural gas coming online.  So, for right now, I believe that Natural Gas will continue to move sideways or down briefly.  LNG for this coming winter will pick up speed as the summer wanes, and then perhaps we will again see the volatility in Natural Gas prices.

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/natural-gas

However, when winter comes, we should see another cold one. ?????? Only a person who denies that global warming would post such dribble. Once again,  you are wrong again so far. 

13 minutes ago, notsonice said:

However, when winter comes, we should see another cold one. ?????? Only a person who denies that global warming would post such dribble. Once again,  you are wrong again so far. 

There is a global warming? I thought it is some kind of non-specific "climate change" now.

On 12/3/2021 at 1:28 PM, Andrei Moutchkine said:

There is a global warming? I thought it is some kind of non-specific "climate change" now.

some kind of non-specific "climate change" now???? 

Mild Weather Drives Gas Prices Down In Europe

By Tsvetana Paraskova - Dec 06, 2021, 11:00 AM CSTJoin Our Community

The benchmark natural gas prices in Europe continued to fall on Monday, for a third trading day in a row, as forecasts of milder weather this week and sufficient LNG deliveries calmed the market.

The benchmark price for Europe at the Dutch Title Transfer Facility (TTF) fell by nearly 5 percent early on Monday, while the UK day-ahead wholesale gas price also dropped, by 2.6 percent.

Expectations of milder weather in many parts of Europe this week, as well as stable pipeline gas supply from Russia and more LNG cargoes set to arrive in the region, have dragged down the key natural gas prices in recent days.

“Mild weather is the main reason behind the declines today,” one gas trader told Reuters on Monday.

Russian natural gas flows via the Yamal-Europe pipeline via Belarus to Poland and Germany have been stable over the weekend, according to data from German network operator Gascade cited by Reuters.

Despite the current decline in Europe’s natural gas prices, the fundamentals for the winter remain bullish, analysts say.

The lowest volumes of gas in storage in Europe in a decade haven’t changed and could come under pressure when the weather turns colder.

“The European gas system is at risk of shortage this winter if Russian flows fail to ramp-up beyond long-term contracts,” Engie’s EnergyScan service said in a report quoted by Reuters.

Russia continues to abide by its obligations under its contracts with customers, but its gas giant Gazprom isn’t sending too much gas above those contractual volumes.

Russian supply is still “a far cry from what would have been needed to prevent storages from dropping further,” Axpo Solutions AG said, as carried by Bloomberg.  

Meanwhile, the U.S. benchmark at Henry Hub collapsed by over 9% to below $4 per million British thermal units (MMBtu) for the first time since mid-August on expectations of warmer than usual weather in the next few weeks.

6 hours ago, notsonice said:

The benchmark natural gas prices in Europe continued to fall on Monday, for a third trading day in a row, as forecasts of milder weather this week and sufficient LNG deliveries calmed the market.

The benchmark price for Europe at the Dutch Title Transfer Facility (TTF) fell by nearly 5 percent early on Monday, while the UK day-ahead wholesale gas price also dropped, by 2.6 percent.

Expectations of milder weather in many parts of Europe this week, as well as stable pipeline gas supply from Russia and more LNG cargoes set to arrive in the region, have dragged down the key natural gas prices in recent days.

“Mild weather is the main reason behind the declines today,” one gas trader told Reuters on Monday.

Russian natural gas flows via the Yamal-Europe pipeline via Belarus to Poland and Germany have been stable over the weekend, according to data from German network operator Gascade cited by Reuters.

Despite the current decline in Europe’s natural gas prices, the fundamentals for the winter remain bullish, analysts say.

The lowest volumes of gas in storage in Europe in a decade haven’t changed and could come under pressure when the weather turns colder.

“The European gas system is at risk of shortage this winter if Russian flows fail to ramp-up beyond long-term contracts,” Engie’s EnergyScan service said in a report quoted by Reuters.

Russia continues to abide by its obligations under its contracts with customers, but its gas giant Gazprom isn’t sending too much gas above those contractual volumes.

Russian supply is still “a far cry from what would have been needed to prevent storages from dropping further,” Axpo Solutions AG said, as carried by Bloomberg.  

Meanwhile, the U.S. benchmark at Henry Hub collapsed by over 9% to below $4 per million British thermal units (MMBtu) for the first time since mid-August on expectations of warmer than usual weather in the next few weeks.

Be careful when you invoke the short time period, weather specific "climate change" spector 2 weeks before winter actually starts. 

(edited)

Mild Weather in Europe. My sources show for St. Petersburg a Minus

-21 C. Gdansk in Poland -7C, Zuerich is about 1 C, Stockhom, Helsinki in the -13 C range.

Edited by Starschy

On 12/3/2021 at 12:28 PM, Andrei Moutchkine said:

Andrei, One would have easier time arguing the veracity of the virgin birth with an Evangelical than expect the "woke again" flock who worship the government to refute the gospel their government clergy has sermonized. The flock of the Church of Warming are particularly dense as they keep contributing to their Joel Osteen, Al Gore. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Billyjack said:

Andrei, One would have easier time arguing the veracity of the virgin birth with an Evangelical than expect the "woke again" flock who worship the government to refute the gospel their government clergy has sermonized. The flock of the Church of Warming are particularly dense as they keep contributing to their Joel Osteen, Al Gore. 

Hey, I can actually prove the

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_virginity_of_Mary

to you, if we may assume that she was perfectly spherically shaped!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphere_eversion (aka "Smale's paradox)

So, if only was the Jesus' ma sufficiently phat...:)

3 hours ago, notsonice said:

The gas prices are still at a record-high level, none of which has anything to do with the weather.

This last year winter was record cold in Southern hemisphere (except theirs is in summer)

https://www.livescience.com/south-pole-coldest-winter-record

3 hours ago, Andrei Moutchkine said:

The gas prices are still at a record-high level, none of which has anything to do with the weather.

This last year winter was record cold in Southern hemisphere (except theirs is in summer)

https://www.livescience.com/south-pole-coldest-winter-record

good grief are you another one living in denial?? first off the South Pole is not the same as the whole Southern Hemisphere. The article states the South Pole not the Southern Hemisphere. ... You wrote .....This last year winter was record cold in Southern hemisphere...... Let me guess your parents told you when you were growing up that you were smart. Newsflash, the lied to you to keep you from crying. 

Here is what the article states Antarctica's frigid winter temperatures are in contrast to trends in the rest of  the world, which overall recorded its fourth hottest summer.

5 hours ago, QuarterCenturyVet said:

Be careful when you invoke the short time period, weather specific "climate change" spector 2 weeks before winter actually starts, you clownshoe idiot.

short time period??? Month of December 10 to 30 degrees warmer over the  continental US ....... Plus on top of that Oilprice wrote the article...Why do you not write to them telling them.

PS love Nat Gas today..... $3.68 and still dropping... How much have you bet on a cold winter in the US ??? $5 nat gas in the US ??? Enjoy the crash

2 hours ago, notsonice said:

short time period??? Month of December 10 to 30 degrees warmer over the  continental US ....... Plus on top of that Oilprice wrote the article...Why do you not write to them telling them.

PS love Nat Gas today..... $3.68 and still dropping... How much have you bet on a cold winter in the US ??? $5 nat gas in the US ??? Enjoy the crash

December is only 6 days in and still 2 weeks until winter solstice. 

1 hour ago, notsonice said:

good grief are you another one living in denial?? first off the South Pole is not the same as the whole Southern Hemisphere. The article states the South Pole not the Southern Hemisphere. ... You wrote .....This last year winter was record cold in Southern hemisphere...... Let me guess your parents told you when you were growing up that you were smart. Newsflash, the lied to you to keep you from crying. You really are an Idiot.

Here is what the article states Antarctica's frigid winter temperatures are in contrast to trends in the rest of  the world, which overall recorded its fourth hottest summer.

It is pretty much the same, because the Southern hemisphere got a lot less landmass to exhibit continental climes. Antarctica also got a few kilometers of ice, instead of a few meters up North. Here, check this out

https://www.severe-weather.eu/global-weather/south-hemisphere-america-cold-winter-outbreak-fa/

Cold weather records were officially broken in Argentina too. Antarctica has been growing more ice for a few years, not just one. Less conclusive for Australia

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/jun/10/cold-spell-in-south-eastern-australia-breaks-temperature-records-for-may

But still 2nd to 3rd coldest season so far. I don't trust any "1st world" data as much though. The Aussies and Kiwis are obviously very much on the "global warming" bandwagon. So, you've got to look at the primary data, not the official interpretation. The 4th hottest summer in recorded history is only so-meh evidence of warming. And that's for northern hemisphere only. I insist. They usually forget to check the other one, but speaking of which. Remember the ozone hole? Whatever happened to it? I tell you. It is very much still there. And always will be for as long as there is so much ice. There is less ozone, because there is no oxygen. Because there is no green shrubs and no blue-green algae capable of photosynthesis. (It is actually widely known that polar regions are low on oxygen) Anyhow, the ozone hole is a previous example of an entirely natural occurrence that happens to be entirely impervious to whatever humans do. Same as CO2 content of the atmosphere this time around.

Now see, they have officially discovered the ozone hole's little friend called the

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_vortex

(which is bad misnomer, because it does anything but swirl) It is basically an area of stale, cold air which gets stuck over the poles. Now, the Northern one is actually. under 20 meters during high summer/noon. Now, this is not officially known, I presume because reputable Western climate scientists only ever approach the polar regions on foot or using dog sleds. They could've just ask the Russians who are riding around using swanky nuclear icebreakers. The top deck got regular summer temperature and you can sunbathe in regular swimsuits. It's only subzero temps close enough to the ice! The Southern vortex goes all the way to the ozone hole, I expect.

With the Arctic ice being that much wimpier, there is not that conclusive an effect of them really getting less. The primary driver appears to be an 11-12 cycle very similar to that of sunspots. Neither are polar bears dying out due to receding ice. They are about as likely to drown and become malnourished in the water as dolphins or seals. I am sorry, this is too many "climate change" fairly tales that are insulting my intelligence.

My parents actually always said I was an idiot, but I always knew they didn't really mean it that way.

short time period??? Month of December 10 to 30 degrees warmer over the  continental US ....... Plus on top of that Oilprice wrote the article...Why do you not write to them telling them they are Idiots.

The natural gas pricing in US and Europe is obviously significantly decoupled from each other, and progressively so from cold weather. The European spot market prices are many times the previous high.

• Upvote 1

short time period??? Month of December 10 to 30 degrees warmer over the  continental US ....... Plus on top of that Oilprice wrote the article...Why do you not write to them telling them they are Idiots.

Some time ago, in not too distant past, even the Antarctic was ice-free and had plants and animals living there. All that without a significant difference in total available landmass. How so? Most of the "excess water" accumulates in equatorial regions, due to gyroscopic reasons. Those are also the least affected by any kind of climate change. The closer to the polar regions, the more pronounced the change. As a a rule of thumb and significantly more so down south (as already discussed elsewhere) If there is really a warming, Russia is set to benefit from it bigtime. Various unpleasantness seem to be expected for the NATO region instead. What could be better than this? Well, I don't get my hopes up, it is probably all made up.