Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TB

Trump Again Expresses Regret For Choosing Jeff Sessions As Attorney General

President Trump on Wednesday said that he wished he had picked someone other than Jeff Sessions as attorney general, renewing a slight of the former senator who recused himself from the investigation into Russian election interference. In a series of morning tweets, Trump quoted Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), who during a Wednesday morning television interview on CBS voiced sympathy for Trump’s past expressions of frustration with Sessions’s recusal from the Russia probe. “If I were the president and I picked someone to be the country’s chief law enforcement officer, and they told me later, ‘Oh by the way, I’m not going to be able to participate in the most important case in the office,’ I would be frustrated too,” Gowdy said, according to Trump’s tweets. “There are lots of really good lawyers in the country, he could have picked somebody else!” After that, Trump added, in his own voice: “And I wish I did!” Maybe, Sessions isn't sleazy enough....

This administration is full of "regrets" for many officials

If I remember well, Sessions was first Sen. to support Trump, stood by him, and now Trump treats him like dirt.  Somewhere I read one thing about him.....he believes in our laws. Perhaps this is the main cause for concern

Never regretted so much than the last 17 months. Jeff S. should quit and write a book...:)

MSNBC reported last night that GOP Senators told Trump they will not confirm a new AG if Sessions is fired.