JB

America's pandemic dead deserve accountability after Birx disclosure

2 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Poor eejitss, can't compete because the Left can't meme. 

7E0EA283-8D8F-4505-A995-168E56D51A16.jpeg

9CF4EA18-1F5B-4760-9B04-B0F2B75E7E05.jpeg

Well well Mr Smith it seems you have incited the Zoo animals to riotous new level's. Which is quite odd, generally individuals of high intellectual capacity do not offend lower primate's with such ease...has this been a life long trait? Or did you pick up some insight from the Orange Boogey man. Asking for a Friend of course after all it is quite perplexing and i am personally speechless!

• Haha 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

6 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Buffalo feathers

350D23A6-5765-4088-89DB-AC51D9AD50CB.jpeg

62BC2A63-E188-42D8-9EB8-A8D0FDB6136C.jpeg

C.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Symmetry said:

Making my point there buddy.  Try using words (not a link).

That's rich, considering your sock puppet @Jeffrey Brown only quotes others. Face it, you're a loser of the simpleton kind. Can't you go play Mario Kart instead of pretending to be an adult here? 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Yeah, us dopey Aussies have only lost 1000 citizens out of 25 million... poor us my ass-h***! Do I detect a hint of jealousy Ward? The land of OZ is doing just fine, and we will do even better once we all vaccinated.

• Like 2

Link to podcasts with Dr. Michael Osterholm follows. A year ago, he warned that total COVID-19 fatalities could approach 500,000, and a lot of people thought that he was nuts. Note that he has been a long-time proponent of keeping K-8 schools open, but because of the variants, he is now taking a much more cautious approach.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-osterholm-update-covid-19/id1504360345

• Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

Axios:  Coronavirus cases are rising all over the world
https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-cases-rising-around-world-europe-india-7e3e9d42-4eba-4b16-8a35-490e6f7a864c.html

Brutal surges in coronavirus cases are hitting much of the world all at once, from Europe to Brazil to India.

The big picture: Cases are rising just about everywhere, in a swift reversal from early February, when they were falling on every continent. They're also now ticking up in the U.S., which is in the midst of a race between vaccines and variants.

Brazil is recording by far the world's highest daily death tolls, which far exceed anything seen earlier in the pandemic. Hospitals are at or exceeding capacity in nearly every state, AP reports. A new, more contagious “Brazilian variant” poses a grave threat, including to the U.S.

Nairobi, Kenya, has entered a partial lockdown, with schools and bars closed and domestic travel halted. Recorded cases and deaths in Kenya remain relatively low, but high test positivity rates and surging hospital admissions have alarmed the government.

German officials are warning that the third wave there could be the most devastating yet.

Go deeper: CDC director warns of "impending doom"
https://www.axios.com/cdc-fourth-wave-db0a4d6e-3942-4719-9743-62912e5557e0.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosworld&stream=world

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 11.03.42 AM.png

Edited by Jeffrey Brown
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

On 3/29/2021 at 1:29 PM, Jeffrey Brown said:

Families of Ten's of Thousands who lost loved ones in Nursing Homes because Democrat Governors in the  states of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota and California forced Nursing Home and Long-term Care facilities accept Covid Patients for the money. 

$$$$$$ before Lives

These Governors must apologize for the loss to these families.  

If they were Republicans they would be charged with manslaughter.

Edited by Roch
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Roch said:

$$$$$$ before Lives

That is the entire "we shouldn't shut down the economy" argument.  

Pretty popular opinion among the cult.

• Great Response! 1
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, Wombat said:

Yeah, us dopey Aussies have only lost 1000 citizens out of 25 million... poor us my ass-h***! Do I detect a hint of jealousy Ward? The land of OZ is doing just fine, and we will do even better once we all vaccinated.

Over reaction much? You didn't want those messy freedoms anyway. I would have thought with you having the Prime Minister's ear and all, you could have spoken some reason? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll see your pretend doctors and raise you real practitioners

C0701C4C-415D-4639-8312-A5105F189B08.jpeg

• Great Response! 1

1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

Failed appeal to authority.

BackWard's logic. The actual authorities, with many more scientists behind them, disagree with quack. Similar to how courts with real power override your opinion.

Reality marches on without Ward.

• Great Response! 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

I'd trust people who understand infectious and communicable diseases, virology, or epidemiology.  Does she fit that criteria? No, I don't think so.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

On 3/30/2021 at 10:17 AM, Jeffrey Brown said:

Covid Brazil variant TRIPLES risk of death in young people, figures suggest

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14495922/covid-brazil-variant-triples-risk-death-young-people/

Oh, so it goes from 0.1% to 0.3%? Holy shit, I'd better start wearing my mask.

Edited by KeyboardWarrior
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

A proper correction the the aforementioned statistic might be "diabetic young people". 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/31/2021 at 4:29 AM, Ward Smith said:

Over reaction much? You didn't want those messy freedoms anyway. I would have thought with you having the Prime Minister's ear and all, you could have spoken some reason? 

I did. And thankfully he did listen. I told him to close our borders long before the WHO declared a pandemic. He did just that, which is why we have escaped the worst of it. I also recommended that the limit on "tap and go" purchases be increased from $100 to $200, which was also done. As a result, nobody is using their grubby fingers to punch in their pin numbers any longer. Our population would be about 50,000 less right now if we took the same reaction as USA. Once again, you seem to be having the worst of both worlds. Lockdowns PLUS the world's highest death rate? You don't seem to have decent contact tracing because you do not have universal health care? 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Wombat said:

I did. And thankfully he did listen. I told him to close our borders long before the WHO declared a pandemic. He did just that, which is why we have escaped the worst of it. I also recommended that the limit on "tap and go" purchases be increased from $100 to $200, which was also done. As a result, nobody is using their grubby fingers to punch in their pin numbers any longer. Our population would be about 50,000 less right now if we took the same reaction as USA. Once again, you seem to be having the worst of both worlds. Lockdowns PLUS the world's highest death rate? You don't seem to have decent contact tracing because you do not have universal health care? 

The CDC themselves have admitted that only 4% of the deaths attributed to Covid were soley Covid. In other words, 96% of the 500k "victims" died of something else including old age (averaging as they do, over 80 years old). So, for again country the size of the United States to have 20,000 deaths from Covid puts it at a mild flu season equivalent. Meanwhile deaths from the flu are nonexistent for some reason. I hope you're wearing three masks! 

• Like 1

(edited)

12 hours ago, Wombat said:

Now Wombat I might ask a intellectual such as yourself the value of contact tracing In a population of 300 million.

Not to be flipped about such a calamity but the old catch phrase of..comes to mi nd.

HUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM HERE.

Perhaps a analogy of a Nuke being discovered in downtown NY being discovered...it cannot be disarmed and it's going off in 3 hours? What does one do...alert the public at LARGE? 

Speaking of a Nuke being found...Seattle WA had the first outbreak, Seattle has a very large population and density is high..yet the losses were only I'm the hundreds initially...No contact tracing.. NY literally went off like a bomb being planted...there was no escaping it. Almost as if there was a infection planted.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

The CDC themselves have admitted that only 4% of the deaths attributed to Covid were soley Covid. In other words, 96% of the 500k "victims" died of something else including old age (averaging as they do, over 80 years old). So, for again country the size of the United States to have 20,000 deaths from Covid puts it at a mild flu season equivalent. Meanwhile deaths from the flu are nonexistent for some reason. I hope you're wearing three masks! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterfactual_thinking

• Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

26 minutes ago, surrept33 said:

Speaking to alternate reality 

Flu has virtually disappeared from the U.S. amid coronavirus pandemic

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/flu-has-virtually-disappeared-from-the-u-s-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/

Conclusion

During the 2019-2020 influenza season, CDC estimates that influenza was associated with 38 million illnesses, 18 million medical visits, 405,000 hospitalizations, and 22,000 deaths. The influenza burden was higher in young children (0-4 years) and adults (18-49 years) compared with a recent season with the 2017-2018 season, a recent season with high severity, and provides evidence to support how severe seasonal influenza can be at any age.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2019-2020.html#:~:text=During the 2019-2020 influenza,405%2C000 hospitalizations%2C and 22%2C000 deaths.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 2

On 4/2/2021 at 10:47 AM, Eyes Wide Open said:

Now Wombat I might ask a intellectual such as yourself the value of contact tracing In a population of 300 million.

Not to be flipped about such a calamity but the old catch phrase of..comes to mi nd.

HUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM HERE.

Perhaps a analogy of a Nuke being discovered in downtown NY being discovered...it cannot be disarmed and it's going off in 3 hours? What does one do...alert the public at LARGE? 

Speaking of a Nuke being found...Seattle WA had the first outbreak, Seattle has a very large population and density is high..yet the losses were only I'm the hundreds initially...No contact tracing.. NY literally went off like a bomb being planted...there was no escaping it. Almost as if there was a infection planted.

The most effective policies have been implemented in Taiwan. With 24 million people, including more than 1 million working in China (many of whom returned to Taiwan in early January 2020), it has had only 10 deaths! Without any formal shutdowns no less! Their contact tracing was exemplary. This is not politics, but pure social and medical science. 

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/30/taiwan-lessons-fighting-covid-19-using-electronic-health-records/

• Upvote 1

(edited)

On 4/5/2021 at 8:28 PM, PTakacs said:

The most effective policies have been implemented in Taiwan. With 24 million people, including more than 1 million working in China (many of whom returned to Taiwan in early January 2020), it has had only 10 deaths! Without any formal shutdowns no less! Their contact tracing was exemplary. This is not politics, but pure social and medical science. 

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/30/taiwan-lessons-fighting-covid-19-using-electronic-health-records/

Your point was very illuminating, 10 deaths that is a extraordinary number, no miracle cure,no vaccination...no known procedures to stabilize human life. Yet  Taiwan accomplished a extraordinary feat, while it may have identified individuals with the WUHAN VIRUS how did Taiwan keep those individuals with the WUHAN VIRUS  from expiring? Social Media?

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Haha 1

On 4/7/2021 at 10:26 AM, Eyes Wide Open said:

Your point was very illuminating, 10 deaths that is a extraordinary number, no miracle cure,no vaccination...no known procedures to stabilize human life. Yet  Taiwan accomplished a extraordinary feat, while it may have identified individuals with the WUHAN VIRUS how did Taiwan keep those individuals with the WUHAN VIRUS  from expiring? Social Media?

Ha, a conspiracy theorist would say that they had the miracle cure, especially considering the 10 deaths also take into account the 1 million working in China... But no, that's just BS; but yes, I too wondered how they could have done it so well -- we really need to study their policies.

In any event, they have a wonderful (quality and affordable) nationalized healthcare system with a internet-and-mobile-enabled health ID card system. Two of the partners (one Big4 and the other MBB) on my account sent their wives and kids to Taiwan last year to shelter away from what's going on here, and both thought that was the best decision they ever made. One of the kids got into an accident and had a completely-fractured elbow. Despite being a US citizen (i.e., foreign to Taiwan), his family was only billed $2k for the surgery, hospital stay, and physical therapy, 80% of which was eventually covered by insurance! I was told that locals would have been billed $200-300. 

No system can be universally applicable to every country, but the healthcare system in Taiwan seems to work really well, and IMO should be studied carefully.

On 4/3/2021 at 1:20 AM, Ward Smith said:

I have heard of American exceptionalism before, but it really would be a miracle if virtually no Americans died from covid despite the high rate of infections there. At the beginning of the pandemic, I advised Trump that your best case scenario would be 200,000 fatalities, worst case 600,000. I think it is very unfortunate the worst case has eventuated despite the fact that you have the best vaccine and fastest rollout of any large country. I don't know why you are downplaying what the Chinese govt has done to your nation. Far worse than Pearl Harbour? You may as well be a Chinese mouthpiece. I find it amazing that Americans and Europeans have stooped so low as to turn the pandemic into a political issue. Here in Australia, we have all gotten behind our govt and that is why we have only needed facemasks for about 6 weeks in the last 12 months. The unemployment rate is nearly back to normal and the budget deficit will now come in much smaller than originally feared. Still, we will have a trillion dollar debt within 4 years when we were on track to have our debt back to zero before the Kung Flu came along. We are determined to get our revenge on them and I recommend that you start thinking along similar lines rather than dismissing what the little bastards have done to you?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Wombat said:

I have heard of American exceptionalism before, but it really would be a miracle if virtually no Americans died from covid despite the high rate of infections there. At the beginning of the pandemic, I advised Trump that your best case scenario would be 200,000 fatalities, worst case 600,000. I think it is very unfortunate the worst case has eventuated despite the fact that you have the best vaccine and fastest rollout of any large country. I don't know why you are downplaying what the Chinese govt has done to your nation. Far worse than Pearl Harbour? You may as well be a Chinese mouthpiece. I find it amazing that Americans and Europeans have stooped so low as to turn the pandemic into a political issue. Here in Australia, we have all gotten behind our govt and that is why we have only needed facemasks for about 6 weeks in the last 12 months. The unemployment rate is nearly back to normal and the budget deficit will now come in much smaller than originally feared. Still, we will have a trillion dollar debt within 4 years when we were on track to have our debt back to zero before the Kung Flu came along. We are determined to get our revenge on them and I recommend that you start thinking along similar lines rather than dismissing what the little bastards have done to you?

What you have in the US today is those in denial that COVID kills. The amazing part is it is all political. Only half of the GOP white male voters over 50 have stated they will get the vaccine. (Democrats are now 27 percentage points more likely than Republicans to say they plan to get, or have already received, a coronavirus vaccine (83% to 56%). This gap is wider than those seen at multiple points in 2020.Mask mandates are disappearing fast, COVID is not. Daily new infections is increasing and death is now bottoming out at around 800 a day on average . With out masks in public the infection rate will continue to rise and so will deaths. Their is no herd immunity as the virus is too widespread and it signs of infection occur after one is contagious. As I have been in phase 3 (Pfizer) since last July I went in for another blood draw in March and was informed that a third booster shot is required as they already know from phase1 and 2 participants that the vaccine loses a fair bit of its effectiveness after 8 months. I am expecting my third shot to be given in  June. In addition I was asked to participate in phase 3 past the initial 2 years. Simply said it looks like everyone will need a booster every year forever (as it does not look like COVID will ever be wiped out around the world). You will be able to spot those who survive that catch COVID as many will have lung damage and have trouble climbing stairs and many will be carting oxygen bottles with them forever. Those who do not want to get the vaccine will be reinfected every few years until their lungs are toast. The GOP will see their base (White Males over 50) getting wiped out by a few 100,000 every year more than Democrats. For those living in denial and do not get the vaccine and do not wear masks, good luck.

A great read on vaccinations  is Jonas Salks book The Survival of the Wisest written in 1973, right now you cannot buy a copy for less than $2000.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1