About half of the electric vehicles sold in 2017, or 580,000, were in China. That country saw a 72 percent increase in sales. Where are we in this?

once they make good looking car under $45,000, I am in. So far they are all fugly 

4 minutes ago, Cokiga Damke said:

once they make good looking car under $45,000, I am in. So far they are all fugly 

plus, in China you can buy Maserati for $20,000

1 minute ago, 李伟王芳 said:

plus, in China you can buy Maserati for $20,000

counterfeit cars?

You only have a range of about 200 Miles.....My diesel has a range of 700 Miles..

11 minutes ago, Joanna said:

About half of the electric vehicles sold in 2017, or 580,000, were in China. That country saw a 72 percent increase in sales. Where are we in this?

China is promoting electric cars. We are promoting coal

16 minutes ago, Nigerian Price said:

Electric vehicle sales are finally starting to take off in larger numbers, surpassing 1 million in 2017 after growing 56 percent from a year before. By 2020, sales are expected to rise to about 4 million and before jumping to 21.5 million in EV sales by 2030.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/EV-Sales-To-Triple-By-2020.html

Great news! Let's get that infrastructure in place to be ready for our future in electric vehicles.

Just now, Hajga Loma DK said:

Great news! Let's get that infrastructure in place to be ready for our future in electric vehicles.

If the products continue to improve and the prices continue to decline you will get more of them here.

2 minutes ago, Hajga Loma DK said:

I'd like to see a common sense plan for that. Notgonnahappen.

15 minutes ago, Joanna said:

This is one more area in which the US is loosing its place in the world. We are still set on Big Oil and Clean Coal

17 minutes ago, Joanna said:

Chinese government mandates by law that all its vehicles are EV and that 50% of all private business must operate EVs.

7 minutes ago, Cokiga Damke said:

12 minutes ago, Cokiga Damke said:

They are improving... look at the Byton concept car a potential rival for the Tesla Model X that will cost  45'000 $

image.png.37a1cc2e30266b37e54a593646870b07.png

China? Sure. Image result for picture of beijing

In rural Michigan? No.

Image result for image of michigan upper peninsula

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Joanna said:

in 2017, very nearly 200,000 electric vehicles were sold in the US. The actual number calculated—199,826—is a significant increase on 2016, itself a banner year for EVs when 158,614 found homes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guillaume Albasini said:

They are improving... look at the Byton concept car a potential rival for the Tesla Model X that will cost  45'000 $

image.png.37a1cc2e30266b37e54a593646870b07.png

nice one. Reminds me of Range Rover

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nigerian Price said:

Electric vehicle sales are finally starting to take off in larger numbers, surpassing 1 million in 2017 after growing 56 percent from a year before. By 2020, sales are expected to rise to about 4 million and before jumping to 21.5 million in EV sales by 2030.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/EV-Sales-To-Triple-By-2020.html

And remember that the forecast are usually underestimating the EV growth. In recent years there is a constant trend to update each year the forecasts with a higher number.

You can see this on this chart on the number of EV on the road :

image.png.ed21a52ed7bfa72a7919345e41d209f5.png

1 hour ago, Guillaume Albasini said:

And remember that the forecast are usually underestimating the EV growth. In recent years there is a constant trend to update each year the forecasts with a higher number.

You can see this on this chart on the number of EV on the road :

image.png.ed21a52ed7bfa72a7919345e41d209f5.png

1527712318-nick3005b.png

Now the IEA doubled their 2030 EV outlook, in the top graph it shows 60-70 million, in their latest projection they doubled that number to 125 million, which is even more optimistic than Bloomberg. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

EVs will be cheaper than ICE vehicles by 2025, which probably means that around 100% of all car sales will be electric by that date. 

• Like 1

(edited)

I read an article on making lithium Ion batteries safer and doubling their storage capacity. It sounded real promising.

For their part, I believe the oil industry is living in arrogant, greed driven denial, always running down the electrics, while they line up for RFS Waivers from the EPA, to avoid the Renewable Fuel Standard, which if participated in, would significantly clean up their fuels and vehicle emissions. 

The electrics are working on a better, less polluted world, while the oil industry is saying, what, me worry?

I drove an electric cart at one of the plants I worked at. It was really nice. Quick, powerful and quiet. I suspect that an electric car will be the same. Someday I would like to own one. If the article I read pans out, a 400 mile range may be a reality is a couple of years.

I don't expect the oil industry to wake up, until it is too late to recover.

In business I've been told, if you stand still, you will eventually be buried and left behind. The oil industry is like that, they are not interested in cleaner, better fuels, so they too will eventually be diminished and left behind as better options come along. The clock is ticking.

Edited by Tom Blazek
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, JunoTen said:

EVs will be cheaper than ICE vehicles by 2025, which probably means that around 100% of all car sales will be electric by that date. 

unless someone takes monopoly on EV major resources 

Edited by Stephen

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

unless someone takes monopoly on EV major resources 

Fortunately, no one will get a monopoly on lithium.

3 hours ago, Cokiga Damke said:

China is promoting electric cars. We are promoting coal

And how clean is the process for making batteries? What is the environmental impact?

Just now, JohnAtronis said:

And how clean is the process for making batteries? What is the environmental impact?

Google GoM spill, Canadian Oil sands or Deepwater Horizon and then we can discuss about those terrible batteries.