JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

On 5/19/2021 at 10:00 PM, turbguy said:

Just waiting for a link or reference that shows ANY "zero-emission" coal-fired thermal plant.

On 5/20/2021 at 4:03 AM, -trance said:

There is never going to zero emission coal.

Mining the coal produces toxic waste, burning the stuff makes toxic waste, and fly ash etc. is still an emission even if it doesn't go out a smokestack.

Nothing to do with CO2!

there might be an understanding disparity on "zero emission" between politicians, academicians, professionals and that of laymen... :o

Politicians, academicians, professionals

- that it is a clean energy where no CO2 is being released.

- solely solar and wind are the must have...

Laymen of probably idling with no job, no phd or anything

- it could be an ideal situation where the production of CO2 and absorption is balanced

- a few nice designs, with a few chemical reactions, might mediate the old systems

Nevertheless, the disparity still won't solve the basal cause of global warming and climate change i.e. too much heat in the atmosphere that can not be dissipated fast enough under normal conditions .......... * fainted *😵

image.png

On 5/20/2021 at 8:49 AM, turbguy said:

I agree that the oxyfuel tech for that nat gas fired cycle has good possibilities.

Clever cycle!

I wonder what they cool the gas turbine with?  Perhaps excess CO2...

I wish the NET power CEO would've spent some time on the risks and costs.  I did not get what process is used to extract the N2 from the air and what capex/opex is required (there's massive volumes of air needed in a natural gas turbine => massive amounts of synthetic air x by a factor of 5.. I'd be interested in what role the CO2 plays in the combustion process efficiency - density, heat capacity, viscosity etc). 

Certainly having an exhaust comprising mainly CO2 and water vapor sounds like it would lend itself to carbon capture... or in this case sequestering the CO2 as methanol.  The power is used to manufacture H2 and then NH4 (presumably making use of the separated N2).  Sounds clever, but likely doesn't compete with the FF used in an ICE (by virtue of the additional steps and the horrible net efficiency associated with the compression of H2 for storage in a vehicle)... and making NH4 with power and then generating power somewhere else sounds crazy inefficient too. 

The CO2 does have some nice properties if present >30+% v/v and above 150 bar and 30degC it is in dense phase (>300kg.m3) and can be pumped rather than compressed (makes great cooling fluid versus air, and enables hydrodynamic bearings etc). 

Overall conclusions are that we have lost the plot if we are using power to manufacture something that is then used to power something else.  However, the CO2 does sound like it would be great in a CCS or MeOH feedstuff.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

We are paying $8.30/gallon in the UK currently (when you use todays XR), of which 61.7% is duty + tax!

Will you be worried when it gets to that level

https://www.racfoundation.org/data/uk-daily-fuel-table-with-breakdown?

It won't get to that level here...there would be a revolution before that happens.

The folks who voted Biden into power would lead the revolt.

(edited)

9 hours ago, specinho said:

there might be an understanding disparity on "zero emission" between politicians, academicians, professionals and that of laymen... :o

Politicians, academicians, professionals

- that it is a clean energy where no CO2 is being released.

- solely solar and wind are the must have...

Laymen of probably idling with no job, no phd or anything

- it could be an ideal situation where the production of CO2 and absorption is balanced

- a few nice designs, with a few chemical reactions, might mediate the old systems

Nevertheless, the disparity still won't solve the basal cause of global warming and climate change i.e. too much heat in the atmosphere that can not be dissipated fast enough under normal conditions .......... * fainted *😵

image.png

Global warming/cooling is solar related, nothing humans can do will affect the results.  The futile attempt to control CO2 is all a bad dream based on junk science.

Science has been subverted by politics...the same thing happened in the 1930's in Germany.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

4 hours ago, ChrisK Shaw said:

Overall conclusions are that we have lost the plot if we are using power to manufacture something that is then used to power something else.  However, the CO2 does sound like it would be great in a CCS or MeOH feedstuff.

I think the plot is to make something green, which is transportable and storable, that can then be used to power something else. The big question is whether this process can make green hydrogen at lower cost than solar wind can electrolyze. 

Edited by Jay McKinsey

17 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Look at the new technology, not the old.

The materials needed for EV batteries involve some very dirty mining.

The discussion here was about toxic emissions from coal-burning electrical generation...I guess you had enough of losing that discussion, and are trying to change the subject.

No, I show you loads of evidence you just refuse to look at. 

Go find a coal plant and take some very deep breaths from the exhaust pipe. Do it, bring your children! Have that clean, warm, air pumped into your house as free heat! 

You know deep down that no process is 100% and you can't destroy toxic metals with fire.  The toxic waste is ending up somewhere... a fancy smokestack scrubber just turns airborne waste other forms of toxic waste (contaminated water, fly ashes).

Coal is filthy, keep trying to sell "clean coal" - keep losing.  Go broke like a stupid coal miner who couldn't see the writing on the wall and change careers.  Numerous ghost towns have been created by filthy mines that go bankrupt... 

Conservatives hang onto outdated ideas by definition...  Luddites. Fossil humans will be phased out along with coal. Cry about it.

• Great Response! 1

On 5/18/2021 at 3:53 PM, Boat said:

Easy peasy, stop the trains and trucks. We don’t need Albertas oil, we don’t need to export oil. We could easily get rid of a lot of refinery capacity and imports and have plenty for US consumption. US drillers kick butt if the price is right. In fact US drillers are ramping up now. Why? The price is right.

You do know that we consume 19 million barrels of crude oil a day.  Biden's moratorium for 60 days to halt permitting for drilling and leasing on federal lands is now 120 days.  BTW, check the Baker-Hughes rig count.  May of 2019, the rig count was 965.  May 21, 2021 the rig count is 344.  Crude prices in May 2019 was $53.49.  Today, the price for a barrel of WTI is $63.89.  So is the industry impacted by the Biden policies and the financial regulations being imposed?  I'd say, the numbers speak for themselves.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, -trance said:

Go find a coal plant and take some very deep breaths from the exhaust pipe. Do it, bring your children! Have that clean, warm, air pumped into your house as free heat! 

You know deep down that no process is 100% and you can't destroy toxic metals with fire.  The toxic waste is ending up somewhere... a fancy smokestack scrubber just turns airborne waste other forms of toxic waste (contaminated water, fly ashes).

Coal is filthy, keep trying to sell "clean coal" - keep losing.  Go broke like a stupid coal miner who couldn't see the writing on the wall and change careers.  Numerous ghost towns have been created by filthy mines that go bankrupt... 

Conservatives hang onto outdated ideas by definition...  Luddites. Fossil humans will be phased out along with coal. Cry about it.

Ah yes, the delusional BS that coal ash is thrown away and is piling up.  Some is, just like any other industry of modern life, majority is not. 

Ah yes, the delusional BS that the gargantuan mining needs for Lithium Nickel batteries will not come up with gargantuan amounts of Thorium, Uranium, Arsenic, Lead, etc etc etc and magically disappears because... "batteries".  If you had been paying attention, everywhere Nickel mining goes, it is happy times for a bout a decade and then everyone finally understands how horrifically destructive it is and they enact environmental regulations which push the mining industry out in most circumstances.  Philippines, and New Caledonia were the latest to shut down most of their mines due to enactment of new environmental regulations.  To go Electric vehicles, we need 10X the Nickel mining capacity for vehicles alone and closer to 100X if you want to enact this Utopia by 2040 as the amount of Nickel that must be mined dwarfs the entirely of Nickel mined up to this point in the last 150 years of modern life.

Kill off coal and all of your sheetrock becomes horrifically expensive, then we get to listen to Utopian fools bitch about all the dirty waste products from Gypsum production and all of the Arsenic, etc which is released, which according to Utopians magically never happens.

Kill off coal and we get to listen to Utopians bitch about poor concrete as now  they do not have fly ash to make it a better insulator requiring other industrial process to "create" a good aggregate binder like fly ash all the while increases cost as you need more Portland cement, sand, gravel, and is harder to pump as well.  Of course the stupid Utopians want to kill off Concrete production as it releases vast amounts of CO2 in its creation 2nd only to transportation of vehicles when not talking about electricity production.

Ah the sweet smell of ignorants when listening about where materials/products comes from is so refreshing. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Ah yes, the delusional BS that coal ash is thrown away and is piling up.  Some is, just like any other industry of modern life, majority is not. 

Ah yes, the delusional BS that the gargantuan mining needs for Lithium Nickel batteries will not come up with gargantuan amounts of Thorium, Uranium, Arsenic, Lead, etc etc etc and magically disappears because... "batteries".  If you had been paying attention, everywhere Nickel mining goes, it is happy times for a bout a decade and then everyone finally understands how horrifically destructive it is and they enact environmental regulations which push the mining industry out in most circumstances.  Philippines, and New Caledonia were the latest to shut down most of their mines due to enactment of new environmental regulations.  To go Electric vehicles, we need 10X the Nickel mining capacity for vehicles alone and closer to 100X if you want to enact this Utopia by 2040 as the amount of Nickel that must be mined dwarfs the entirely of Nickel mined up to this point in the last 150 years of modern life.

Kill off coal and all of your sheetrock becomes horrifically expensive, then we get to listen to Utopian fools bitch about all the dirty waste products from Gypsum production and all of the Arsenic, etc which is released, which according to Utopians magically never happens.

Kill off coal and we get to listen to Utopians bitch about poor concrete as now  they do not have fly ash to make it a better insulator requiring other industrial process to "create" a good aggregate binder like fly ash all the while increases cost as you need more Portland cement, sand, gravel, and is harder to pump as well.  Of course the stupid Utopians want to kill off Concrete production as it releases vast amounts of CO2 in its creation 2nd only to transportation of vehicles when not talking about electricity production.

Ah the sweet smell of ignorants when listening about where materials/products comes from is so refreshing. 

I didn't say other mining was cleaner.

Just don't call coal clean, it's not.

1 minute ago, -trance said:

I didn't say other mining was cleaner.

Just don't call coal clean, it's not.

Stop pretending ANY mining is clean under your idiotic definition of "CLEAN".  I do not care WHERE the mine is or WHAT the product is, bitching about one mine of coal which just happens to also be used to make electrical POWER verses another is utterly HYPOCRITICAL and IGNORANT.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, JoMack said:

You do know that we consume 19 million barrels of crude oil a day.  Biden's moratorium for 60 days to halt permitting for drilling and leasing on federal lands is now 120 days.  BTW, check the Baker-Hughes rig count.  May of 2019, the rig count was 965.  May 21, 2021 the rig count is 344.  Crude prices in May 2019 was $53.49.  Today, the price for a barrel of WTI is $63.89.  So is the industry impacted by the Biden policies and the financial regulations being imposed?  I'd say, the numbers speak for themselves.

I guess you missed the demand drop of 2 mbpd because of COVID. So now demand is returning and the economy is growing. And of course the rig count is growing. 
Now I would bet US drillers will increase production until they crater prices. They always do. There is still plenty of oil on private land. I don’t see Biden’s policies having much affect at least in the short term. Couple of years down the road? We’ll see.

9 minutes ago, Boat said:

I guess you missed the demand drop of 2 mbpd because of COVID. So now demand is returning and the economy is growing. And of course the rig count is growing. 
Now I would bet US drillers will increase production until they crater prices. They always do. There is still plenty of oil on private land. I don’t see Biden’s policies having much affect at least in the short term. Couple of years down the road? We’ll see.

Sorry Boatman, crude is down 2 million and it's not climbing and won't until the Permian and leasing open up on federal lands.  NM is going broke without oil and gas taxes and revenue.   And, Haaland is no friend of the industry.  That moratorium onshore and offshore won't get any better with these climate change enemies of fossil fuels in charge!  The last lease sale in January sent over $4 million to federal coffers and federal oil and gas taxes and royalties sends $73 million on average to the feds annually.  Check it out.  Macrotrends will show you the way.

(edited)

34 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Stop pretending ANY mining is clean under your idiotic definition of "CLEAN".  I do not care WHERE the mine is or WHAT the product is, bitching about one mine of coal which just happens to also be used to make electrical POWER verses another is utterly HYPOCRITICAL and IGNORANT.

There are better ways to produce power.  Burn natural gas if you want - much cleaner and often the coal power plants can be retrofitted to run off gas.

Not complaining about high-quality coal used in steel manufacturing either, just the junk that is only used for burning.

I did mining effluent regulatory work for many years.... I know more about this than you.

You will be phased-out with other fossil humans.

Edited by -trance

2 minutes ago, JoMack said:

Sorry Boatman, crude is down 2 million and it's not climbing and won't until the Permian and leasing open up on federal lands.  NM is going broke without oil and gas taxes and revenue.   And, Haaland is no friend of the industry.  That moratorium onshore and offshore won't get any better with these climate change enemies of fossil fuels in charge!  The last lease sale in January sent over $4 million to federal coffers and federal oil and gas taxes and royalties sends $73 million on average to the feds annually.  Check it out.  Macrotrends will show you the way.

I check out the EIA drilling productivity report every month. It shows wells drilled and wells completed are on the rise. Go look for yourself.

In Feb there were 172 drilled and 190 completed

In April there were 245 drilled and 366 completed. 

Your not woke. I look at data=woke. Come back with numbers instead of bs.

In another chart it shows storage is still running above average on the 5 year running average chart. Yep, the US is doing fine producing what we consume. 

52 minutes ago, Boat said:

In another chart it shows storage is still running above average on the 5 year running average chart. Yep, the US is doing fine producing what we consume. 

macrotrends.net

Go feast your eyes, Boat.  LOL, of course you look at the government figures for your info and it's "you're not woke"  by the way :)  So, using your  EIA figures, the United States consumed 20.47 million barrels of oil daily in 2019.  So, your data = woke which is, as we know, all bs.  So,  check your bs at the door.  

(edited)

38 minutes ago, JoMack said:

macrotrends.net

Go feast your eyes, Boat.  LOL, of course you look at the government figures for your info and it's "you're not woke"  by the way :)  So, using your  EIA figures, the United States consumed 20.47 million barrels of oil daily in 2019.  So, your data = woke which is, as we know, all bs.  So,  check your bs at the door.  

image.thumb.png.ea1b163a5c23d8ef133d585e955706d2.png

We are importing less than our average imports in 2019. 

Supply is on average with 2019.

image.thumb.png.e1834335db0159858f6bede522054096.png

Unlike in the previous downturn in 2015-2016, U.S. shale producers are exiting the 2020 oil price and demand collapse with their promises intact to rein in production growth and return more cash to increasingly demanding shareholders.     

The first-quarter earnings and conference calls highlighted a previously unheard-of restraint from public shale firms. Listed producers generated record cash flows, but they are not reinvesting most of those back to drilling. Instead, shale operators are now channeling cash flow toward reducing debts and rewarding shareholders. https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/US-Shale-Is-Finally-Giving-Shareholders-A-Payday.html

Edited by Jay McKinsey

34 minutes ago, JoMack said:

macrotrends.net

So I go look at consumption and in 2020 it was 18.2. You say in 2019 it was 20.47. Your point? Yea demand dropped, we agree on that. Where we disagree is the rig count and the completed count is taking a rather big jump. If you follow the EIA you know the numbers run a couple months late. The next numbers come out May 28. That will be for April. But the trend is there and Biden got his money for stimulus. All signs point to demand recovery and the drillers are responding. So I go to Baker Hughes and the rig count is now 455. Further conformation the drillers are expanding fast. Just like your imagination. 

Face it. The non woke talk shyt, do shyt and then hire lawyers. This site is a debaters dream. Simple facts that are easy to find win the day with fewer lawyers. 🤣

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, -trance said:

Look around the world...everyone is building NEW coal-burning electricity plants. Why? Because the new technology is clean of toxic waste, there is no pollution taking place.

Think, look, learn.....

2 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Look around the world...everyone is building NEW coal-burning electricity plants. Why? Because the new technology is clean of toxic waste, there is no pollution taking place.

Think, look, learn.....

Coal contains toxic substances, there is no technology that can change that. Technology can improve waste handling but coal and toxic waste are inherently linked.

You are just wrong. Retain your false beliefs if you want, I really don't care.  Fossil humans like you will soon die off.

(edited)

12 minutes ago, -trance said:

Coal contains toxic substances, there is no technology that can change that. Technology can improve waste handling but coal and toxic waste are inherently linked.

You are just wrong. Retain your false beliefs if you want, I really don't care.  Fossil humans like you will soon die off.

Here is what is happening around the world, NEW coal-burning plants are being constructed using the toxic-free NEW technology which produces near-ZERO toxic effluents.

Read 'em and weep, current numbers for coal-burning plants,

The EU has 468, building 27 more = 495

Turkey has 56, building 93 more = 149

South Africa has 79, building 24 more = 103

India has 589, building 446 more = 1,035

Philippines has 19, building 60 more = 79

South Korea has 58, building 26 more = 84

Japan has 90, building 45 more = 135

China has 2,364, building 1,171 more = 3,534

U.S. has 15, building 0 more = 15

The U.S. has some work to do to get back into the mainstream of the new coal technology. That would be absolutely necessary if the transition is to be made (which it will not) to electric vehicles.

Why are all countries adopting the new coal-burning technologies at such a rapid rate?

Here is part of the answer,

"

• Coal cleaning by 'washing' has been standard practice in developed countries for some time. It reduces emissions of ash and sulfur dioxide when the coal is burned.
  • Electrostatic precipitators and fabric filters can remove 99% of the fly ash from the flue gases – these technologies are in widespread use.
  • Flue gas desulfurisation reduces the output of sulfur dioxide to the atmosphere by up to 97%, the task depending on the level of sulfur in the coal and the extent of the reduction. It is widely used where needed in developed countries.
  • Low-NOx burners allow coal-fired plants to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions by up to 40%. Coupled with re-burning techniques NOx can be reduced 70% and selective catalytic reduction can clean up 90% of NOx emissions.
  • Increased efficiency of plant – up to 46% thermal efficiency now (and 50% expected in future) means that newer plants create less emissions per kWh than older ones. See Table 1.
  • Advanced technologies such as Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) and Pressurised Fluidised Bed Combustion (PFBC) enable higher thermal efficiencies still – up to 50% in the future.
  • Ultra-clean coal (UCC) from new processing technologies which reduce ash below 0.25% and sulfur to very low levels mean that pulverised coal might be used as fuel for very large marine engines, in place of heavy fuel oil. There are at least two UCC technologies under development. Wastes from UCC are likely to be a problem.
  • Gasification, including underground coal gasification (UCG) in situ, uses steam and oxygen to turn the coal into carbon monoxide and hydrogen."

This just scratches the surface.

Edited by Ecocharger

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

Here is what is happening around the world, NEW coal-burning plants are being constructed using the toxic-free NEW technology which produces near-ZERO toxic effluents.

The U.S. has some work to do to get back into the mainstream of the new coal technology. That would be absolutely necessary if the transition is to be made (which it will not) to electric vehicles.

Why are all countries adopting the new coal-burning technologies at such a rapid rate?

"

• Coal cleaning by 'washing' has been standard practice in developed countries for some time. It reduces emissions of ash and sulfur dioxide when the coal is burned.
  • Electrostatic precipitators and fabric filters can remove 99% of the fly ash from the flue gases – these technologies are in widespread use.
  • Flue gas desulfurisation reduces the output of sulfur dioxide to the atmosphere by up to 97%, the task depending on the level of sulfur in the coal and the extent of the reduction. It is widely used where needed in developed countries.
  • Low-NOx burners allow coal-fired plants to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions by up to 40%. Coupled with re-burning techniques NOx can be reduced 70% and selective catalytic reduction can clean up 90% of NOx emissions.
  • Increased efficiency of plant – up to 46% thermal efficiency now (and 50% expected in future) means that newer plants create less emissions per kWh than older ones. See Table 1.
  • Advanced technologies such as Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) and Pressurised Fluidised Bed Combustion (PFBC) enable higher thermal efficiencies still – up to 50% in the future.
  • Ultra-clean coal (UCC) from new processing technologies which reduce ash below 0.25% and sulfur to very low levels mean that pulverised coal might be used as fuel for very large marine engines, in place of heavy fuel oil. There are at least two UCC technologies under development. Wastes from UCC are likely to be a problem.
  • Gasification, including underground coal gasification (UCG) in situ, uses steam and oxygen to turn the coal into carbon monoxide and hydrogen."

None of us here has control of any market. I have been refuting these claims of a growing coal market until you can see a trend line on a chart. That’s what you look for boys and girls. If the worlds coal consumption goes up it will be easily detected by the dot on the line or the column rising. You starting to grasp how these charts work? You need further schooling?

(edited)

6 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

"

Let's do a little reality check since your data is always such crap:

Coal expansion in Turkey hits headwinds, 70GW canceled or delayed since 2009 

only 2 GW under construction.

“There are quite a number of projects that will never see daylight,” a Turkish utility source said. “The ones that will burn imported hard coals are definitely dead due to diminishing availability of soft loans and Turkey’s strong policy for decreasing the current account deficit.”

President Recep Erdogan’s strategy to shift utility purchases away from imported thermal coal toward domestic lignite, due to the impact energy imports are having on Turkey’s balance of trade, had been expected to fuel domestic plant construction near lignite mines, the utility source said. But the policy appears to have ground to a halt, as proposed lignite projects have been halted by strong environmentalist opposition.https://ieefa.org/coal-expansion-in-turkey-hits-headwinds-70gw-canceled-or-delayed-since-2009/

Philippines declares no new coal plants other than 22 already approved but they are questionable 

• No new coal power plants have been built in the country since 2017, amid massive community pushback, excess energy supply, and a Supreme Court ruling that voids power supply agreements.

https://news.mongabay.com/2020/11/philippines-declares-no-new-coal-plants-but-lets-approved-projects-through/

South Africa's new plan for energy additions The new energy plan has provision for 1,500 MW of new coal power, 2,500 MW of hydropower, 6,000 MW from photovoltaic, 14,400 MW from wind and 3,000 MW from natural gas. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-safrica-energy/south-african-power-generation-plan-keeps-coal-in-the-mix-idUSKBN1WX0OD

South Korea has cancelled all new coal plants, plans to close half of the existing fleet by 2034 and has agreed to stop funding international coal plants. Will triple renewables by 2025 https://www.powermag.com/south-korea-will-close-half-its-coal-fired-fleet/

Japan is under tremendous financial pressure to stop building coal plants. It is unlikely anymore will be built. Japan's top coal power producer J-Power canceled the construction of a power plant in Yamaguchi Prefecture, the company said Friday, as it works to curb its dependence on the fossil fuel amid growing regulatory pressures. As part of Japan's push to curb emissions and shut down inefficient facilities, the economy ministry plans to require all coal power plants to achieve an efficiency rate of 43% by 2030. 

Japan has roughly 150 coal-fired facilities nationwide. Among those operated by a major utility, just two met the threshold in fiscal 2019, while 31 scored an efficiency rate of 40% or above, according to the economy ministry.

Both new and existing plants would require massive investment to achieve the 43% goal. But this could be a risky move, since it usually takes at least 20 years before utilities start earning returns on coal power plants, and Japan could adopt even tougher restrictions on the fuel in the meantime.

"We are seeing pushback against coal across the world, which contributed to our decision" to cancel the new plant, Kanno said.https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Energy/Japan-s-top-coal-power-company-scraps-plan-for-new-plant

EU Just five years on from the historic UN Paris Climate Agreement, half of Europe’s 324 coal power plants have either already closed or pledged to shut down before 2030. The halfway milestone was reached this Monday, when the West Burton coal power plant’s retirement by 2022 was announced by the British energy company EDF.  https://caneurope.org/europe-halfway-to-closing-all-its-coal-plants-by-2030/

India private sector new coal has dropped to zero. 

image.png.fc3f28911d752aa52d7c981778b1e158.png

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/nagpur/most-coal-power-plants-coming-up-are-govt-owned-report/articleshow/82107017.cms

State-run NTPC Ltd, India's top electricity producer, said in September it will not acquire land for new coal-fired projects. Private firms and many run by states across the country have not invested in new coal-fired plants for years saying they were not economically viable.

In 2019, the states of Gujarat and Chhattisgarh, the latter of which is home to India’s third-largest coal reserves, announced that they will not build any new coal generating facilities. Last fall, Indian power minister R.K. Singh said that the generating capacity from 29 coal plants scheduled to retire in the coming years would be replaced entirely by renewableshttps://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/coal-king-india

The US unfortunately has way more than 15 coal plants. 

image.thumb.png.1be90daef285ae24898a872c75918bef.png

Edited by Jay McKinsey