JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

Oil prices have shifted the political focus on to the realities of the energy sector.

The current administration of Biden & Co. have completed a thorough about-face on the issue, transitioning from an anti-oil to a pro-oil position, and it did not take very long to accomplish the transition.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/561705-white-house-deflects-blame-on-rising-gas-prices

Edited by Ecocharger

On 7/4/2021 at 1:21 PM, Boat said:

Those barrels from Alberta are minuscule on the world market and have little to do with US consumption. Most of Canada’s we import oil gets refined and shipped to foreign countries. But OPEC regularly adds or takes away oil and controls the world market. Your politics are misinformed and do not account for a World market. 
Domestically pipelines needed by US oil are being built all the time. But you have to promote a false narrative. Trumpism. A little buddy of the Koch empire.

But yea, most of that tar oil is not needed for the globe to motor around. I say, build your own pipelines and refineries and those US greenies would have much less to contest.

Yeah. As an aussie, you have pretty much zero knowledge of my country's issues with "US greenies" being funded by American companies, through green advocacy groups to protest against Canadian resource development and subsequent construction of energy infrastructure. The type if infrastructure doesn't even matter to them, whether it be hydroelectric, petrochemical, refineries, or pipeline. 

Keep your "boat" docked on the other side of the world, because your knowledge of Alberta/US energy is laughably upside down under. 

40 minutes ago, QuarterCenturyVet said:

Yeah. As an aussie, you have pretty much zero knowledge of my country's issues with "US greenies" being funded by American companies, through green advocacy groups to protest against Canadian resource development and subsequent construction of energy infrastructure. The type if infrastructure doesn't even matter to them, whether it be hydroelectric, petrochemical, refineries, or pipeline. 

Keep your "boat" docked on the other side of the world, because your knowledge of Alberta/US energy is laughably upside down under. 

I know the greenies in Canada won’t let them build pipelines from Alberta to the coast. The US was the work around. Now the US greenies finally won a round against Alberta. 
I know two years ago the US became net oil and nat gas independent. That means statistically most imports are refined and shipped to foreign countries. That’s millions of barrels per day. The Gulf Coast eats a tremendous amount of pollution in the process. I say, shut it down except for what we consume. Why should US lungs pay the price for imports to foreign oil. They can build their own refineries and exporters like Canada can find the political will to run their own pipelines to their own coast, or shut it down. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Boat said:

I know the greenies in Canada won’t let them build pipelines from Alberta to the coast. The US was the work around. Now the US greenies finally won a round against Alberta. 
I know two years ago the US became net oil and nat gas independent. That means statistically most imports are refined and shipped to foreign countries. That’s millions of barrels per day. The Gulf Coast eats a tremendous amount of pollution in the process. I say, shut it down except for what we consume. Why should US lungs pay the price for imports to foreign oil. They can build their own refineries and exporters like Canada can find the political will to run their own pipelines to their own coast, or shut it down. 

Like I already said, it isn't just new pipelines that greenies shut down, it's existing AND new hydroelectric, petrochemical installations, refineries, and pipelines. 

You need to get woke to the fact that Canada is getting f@#ked by more than lack of political will. It's outright economic sabotage by major energy and infrastructure magnates in the US that fund green advocacy groups to hire protesters to cut off their own country's nose, to spite our country's face. 

The gulf coast doesn't take nearly as much as you seem to think. Again, you're woefully down under informed. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/b8fea8da-848f-4d04-be0f-983787f88694/resource/10be9c86-9b98-43e5-b16a-904b95800612/download/11-albertas-oil-production-and-where-it-goes-formated.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwju7tOF2tHxAhVFsZ4KHc8rDVQQFjANegQIFRAC&usg=AOvVaw3FOTjnn-HWCcZmVKN01mKp

27 minutes ago, QuarterCenturyVet said:

Like I already said, it isn't just new pipelines that greenies shut down, it's existing AND new hydroelectric, petrochemical installations, refineries, and pipelines. 

You need to get woke to the fact that Canada is getting f@#ked by more than lack of political will. It's outright economic sabotage by major energy and infrastructure magnates in the US that fund green advocacy groups to hire protesters to cut off their own country's nose, to spite our country's face. 

The gulf coast doesn't take nearly as much as you seem to think. Again, you're woefully down under informed. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/b8fea8da-848f-4d04-be0f-983787f88694/resource/10be9c86-9b98-43e5-b16a-904b95800612/download/11-albertas-oil-production-and-where-it-goes-formated.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwju7tOF2tHxAhVFsZ4KHc8rDVQQFjANegQIFRAC&usg=AOvVaw3FOTjnn-HWCcZmVKN01mKp

Data from 2014 won’t get it. Can you get last years data? So greenies are not allowed political will? Lol. Apparently your not read on conflicts between industries like say oil and gas. Each industry, green or FF has its investors it is responsible to. You just support warfare from your pet product. You know, like a Trumpster. Unfortunately it comes off more N Korean except their more inventive and descriptive when complaining.

2 hours ago, Boat said:

Data from 2014 won’t get it. Can you get last years data? So greenies are not allowed political will? Lol. Apparently your not read on conflicts between industries like say oil and gas. Each industry, green or FF has its investors it is responsible to. You just support warfare from your pet product. You know, like a Trumpster. Unfortunately it comes off more N Korean except their more inventive and descriptive when complaining.

Already posted a comprehensive report on that in a previous reply. You're not even reading anything. Just trying to label those who disagree with being held hostage by foreign powers something like North Korea or Trumpers.

You're a numpty. That's all you'll ever be. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/oil-and-petroleum-products/imports-and-exports.php&ved=2ahUKEwjCh72l_tHxAhUSgp4KHReQD1wQFjASegQIHBAC&usg=AOvVaw3pHaBP6LcEpJceF8oWwxLG

4 hours ago, QuarterCenturyVet said:

Boat is a Australian? I was under the impression he was a Texan with a lung abnormality....

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Boat is a Australian? I was under the impression he was a Texan with a lung abnormality....

I don't really care where he comes from. I could have sworn he was making some noise about how well his country (Australia) managed the plandemic a few months ago. 

(edited)

42 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Oil demand keeps ramping up, folks love to drive their SUVs and get around, take trips.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/API-Reports-Seventh-Straight-Inventory-Draw.html

Refineries like to move oil from one side of the house to the other.

Gasoline, Jet Fuel and Diesel stocks are all higher than they were 6 weeks ago:

image.png.04e3bd763eebe2d4600a50321f6540ec.png

image.png.761905db6a5919d99f20e9e65de8c668.png

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

Oil is now a hot commodity, and will continue to be hot going forward.

Analysts drew attention to "the latest drawdown in U.S. crude oil—and FUEL—inventories reported yesterday, which signaled strengthening demand."

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/UBS-Oil-Demand-To-Return-To-Pre-Covid-Levels-By-Q1-2022.html

Edited by Ecocharger

30 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Oil is now a hot commodity, and will continue to be hot going forward.

Analysts drew attention to "the latest drawdown in U.S. crude oil—and FUEL—inventories reported yesterday, which signaled strengthening demand."

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/UBS-Oil-Demand-To-Return-To-Pre-Covid-Levels-By-Q1-2022.html

Jet fuel and diesel both had builds and gasoline is still higher than 6 weeks ago. Returning to pre pandemic levels doesn't make it hot, it makes it normal.

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Jet fuel and diesel both had builds and gasoline is still higher than 6 weeks ago. Returning to pre pandemic levels doesn't make it hot, it makes it normal.

The movement is strong and fuel inventories are declining. Expected to continue.

5 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

The movement is strong and fuel inventories are declining. Expected to continue.

Jet fuel and diesel are both fuels and their inventories are increasing.

image.png.ec82ae29481cb2b3e8c407c8fa1a63f5.png

(edited)

Bottom line: U.S. crude oil stocks have declined for the past six weeks. They were much higher a year ago.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com%2Fed58b19f2b88e4a743b950765%2Fimages%2F451d5110-500b-c848-5d0b-3d0d4fcb88ff.jpg&t=1625853986&ymreqid=e16e1091-47e3-202c-1cfa-6b000101b300&sig=qyXCzz_Tqm5YA5piXDpcEw--~D

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

American domestic coal production is expected to increase by 15% next year, due to higher general demand for energy and higher natural gas prices. The demand for electricity caused by EVs is pushing up the demand for coal, just as we predicted on these pages.

https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/steo/pdf/steo_full.pdf

Is anyone in Washington D.C. paying attention to what is happening in the energy markets?

Edited by Ecocharger

4 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

American domestic coal production is expected to increase by 15% next year, due to higher general demand for energy and higher natural gas prices. The demand for electricity caused by EVs is pushing up the demand for coal, just as we predicted on these pages.

https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/steo/pdf/steo_full.pdf

Is anyone in Washington D.C. paying attention to what is happening in the energy markets?

Again a return to normal pre pandemic levels followed by continued decline:

"We expect U.S. coal production to total 617 million short tons (MMst) in 2021, which is 78 MMst (15%) more than in 2020. Rising electricity demand for coal amid higher natural gas prices is driving this production increase. In 2022, we expect coal production to fall by 7 MMst (1%)."

(edited)

Japan remains committed to a robust oil market.

" In an interview with S&P Global, Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) confirms that it will continue to pursue oil and gas development. Commenting on the IEA’s net-zero 2050 roadmap, METI Director of petroleum and natural gas Takeshi Soda said that "While the IEA says it is only one pathway, Japan does not intend to refrain from upstream developments based on that,", he went on to say that "it remains extremely uncertain whether the IEA's net-zero 2050 will be realized."."

Edited by Ecocharger

Just now, Jay McKinsey said:

Again a return to normal pre pandemic levels followed by continued decline:

"We expect U.S. coal production to total 617 million short tons (MMst) in 2021, which is 78 MMst (15%) more than in 2020. Rising electricity demand for coal amid higher natural gas prices is driving this production increase. In 2022, we expect coal production to fall by 7 MMst (1%)."

"We expect...", yah, right, and I expect that higher demand for electricity means higher coal production.  So far, I am right, and going forward next year, I am right. How much do I credit government forecasts?  Like I do "wishful thinking".

Just now, Ecocharger said:

"We expect...", yah, right, and I expect that higher demand for electricity means higher coal production.  So far, I am right, and going forward next year, I am right. How much do I credit government forecasts?  Like I do "wishful thinking".

Yet again you need to work on that reading comprehension of yours. They say "We expect ... 15% more than 2020". So apparently that is wishful thinking. 

What are you right about that the government hasn't told you?

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Yet again you need to work on that reading comprehension of yours. They say "We expect ... 15% more than 2020". So apparently that is wishful thinking. 

What are you right about that the government hasn't told you?

No, Jay, they expect "for 2021". We are IN 2021, so that is how things look for THIS year. Coal demand will increase going forward. You read what I said above? It seems clear. Your pet project EVs are causing increased coal demand, as I predicted.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

38 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

No, Jay, they expect "for 2021". We are IN 2021, so that is how things look for THIS year. Coal demand will increase going forward. You read what I said above? It seems clear. Your pet project EVs are causing increased coal demand, as I predicted.

Perhaps you haven't noticed but 2021 is only half over and they only have data for the first 4 months. They are making a prediction for the following 8 months.

Coal demand is only up because last year was the pandemic year. 

If you compare to the last normal year, 2019, coal is way down in 2021.

Electricity produced from coal:

Q1 2019 259,000 GWh

Q1 2021 231,000 GWh

April 2019 60,000 GWh

April 2021 54,000 GWh

Next year it will be back on normal track and continue its decline. 

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

This week in US coal:

Suburban Chicago coal-fired power plants to shut down in 2022

The decision by owner NRG follows months of debate among Illinois lawmakers about closing all coal plants by 2035 to reduce air pollution and fight climate change.

------

A power plant in Western Kentucky with a history of polluting groundwater is planning to phase out coal after four decades of operation. 

It’s the seventh coal-fired power plant to close in the state since 2019

-----

Consumers Energy, Michigan's largest electric company, announced a plan last week to close its coal power plants by 2025 and source nearly all its energy from "clean" sources by 2040. 

The timeline, if approved by the Michigan Public Service Commission, would move up the closure of the J.H. Campbell Generating Plant in Port Sheldon Township by 15 years.

-----

South Carolina 

• Dominion’s modified IRP calls for shuttering its coal-fired plants in the state within the decade while also relying more on renewable sources of power. In particular, the utility plans to shut down two coal plants by 2028, while shifting a third to natural gas by 2030.

------

Both Kansas and Missouri now have laws to help utilities shutter coal power plants

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

14 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

This week in US coal:

Suburban Chicago coal-fired power plants to shut down in 2022

The decision by owner NRG follows months of debate among Illinois lawmakers about closing all coal plants by 2035 to reduce air pollution and fight climate change.

------

A power plant in Western Kentucky with a history of polluting groundwater is planning to phase out coal after four decades of operation. 

It’s the seventh coal-fired power plant to close in the state since 2019

-----

Consumers Energy, Michigan's largest electric company, announced a plan last week to close its coal power plants by 2025 and source nearly all its energy from "clean" sources by 2040. 

The timeline, if approved by the Michigan Public Service Commission, would move up the closure of the J.H. Campbell Generating Plant in Port Sheldon Township by 15 years.

-----

South Carolina 

• Dominion’s modified IRP calls for shuttering its coal-fired plants in the state within the decade while also relying more on renewable sources of power. In particular, the utility plans to shut down two coal plants by 2028, while shifting a third to natural gas by 2030.

------

Both Kansas and Missouri now have laws to help utilities shutter coal power plants

No, Jay, they knew all this when the statement about 2021 was made, so your point is invalid. They have a pretty good idea how things will pan out for 2021.

And so do the Japanese,

" In an interview with S&P Global, Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) confirms that it will continue to pursue oil and gas development. Commenting on the IEA’s net-zero 2050 roadmap, METI Director of petroleum and natural gas Takeshi Soda said that "While the IEA says it is only one pathway, Japan does not intend to refrain from upstream developments based on that,", he went on to say that "it remains extremely uncertain whether the IEA's net-zero 2050 will be realized."."

Edited by Ecocharger

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

No, Jay, they knew all this when the statement about 2021 was made, so your point is invalid. They have a pretty good idea how things will pan out for 2021.

And so do the Japanese,

I agree they have a good idea how things will pan out this year. Then coal use in the US will continue to decrease as all those coal plants are shutdown over the coming years. How exactly is your prediction of increased US coal consumption going to occur if all the coal plants are shutting down and no new ones are being built?

We are discussing US coal, Japan is discussing Japanese oil and gas. I'll chalk that up to a change of topic since you lost the US coal discussion.