JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

6 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

You don't see it because they don't want to debate it.

So it doesn't exist.

28 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I don't think it is meant for a road trip. Just what you get for $10K.

The new MG is on sale in the UK for 24K pounds:

mg-5-ev-2020-01-min.png

Thats pretty ugly too!

I'll have to check out its performance

Such a shame a great name like MG is now a Chinese business

8 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Thats pretty ugly too!

I'll have to check out its performance

Such a shame a great name like MG is now a Chinese business

Hyundai

The Hyundai Ioniq 5 gets two battery options in international markets. Image: Hyundai

Kia2022 Kia EV6

8 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Hyundai

The Hyundai Ioniq 5 gets two battery options in international markets. Image: Hyundai

Kia2022 Kia EV6

The Ioniq is £33,311 RRP for the cheapest

The Kia EV6 GT starts at £40895 and goes up to £51895

Most people cant afford that

11 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Hyundai

Kia2022 Kia EV6

Jay you might as well post this

image.jpeg.15f98f1613847869fd67bde8dcd32b5b.jpegimage.jpeg.15f98f1613847869fd67bde8dcd32b5b.jpeg

Just now, Rob Plant said:

How many ICE are cheap and have good styling?

There are lots Jay and I'm not anti EV, I drive a BMW 330e M sport Hybrid

What I dont get is why the major manufacturers dont just stick with current models for the styling but stick a battery and an electric motor in them.

They just come up with some hideous box shape instead that are not aerodynamic in the slightest.

Besides performance, cost or wanting to save the planet most people buy a car for its styling and its practicality.

Fortunately I can afford a nice looking hybrid car but most people cant.

9 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

They have a good point. And this complaint could spread. Should spread.

Since you think that is a "good point", what environmental "disturbance" resulted from the construction of YOUR home?

4 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

There are lots Jay and I'm not anti EV, I drive a BMW 330e M sport Hybrid

What I dont get is why the major manufacturers dont just stick with current models for the styling but stick a battery and an electric motor in them.

They just come up with some hideous box shape instead that are not aerodynamic in the slightest.

Besides performance, cost or wanting to save the planet most people buy a car for its styling and its practicality.

Fortunately I can afford a nice looking hybrid car but most people cant.

Fiat Electric 

The new Fiat 500 will cost from £19,995 when it goes on sale in the UK in early 2021. 

Electric Fiat 500 Passion – from £23,495

The Fiat 500 Passion comes with a larger 42kWh battery, so it can manage 199 miles between charges. Unlike the Action (which can charge at a maximum of 50kW) the Passion model can charge using 85kW fast chargers – so you can charge it from 0-80% full in about 35 minutes. Its more powerful 118hp electric motor means it can do 0-60mph in nine seconds.

•  

fiat-500c-electric-driving-front-1-lead-1-scaled.jpg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&fit=clip&ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q=10&w=1600

fiat-500-electric-parked-front-2.jpg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&fit=clip&ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q=60&w=750

Or the Mini electric

image.png.8930814db61aec8eabaf6701f7fdc3a5.png

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Fiat Electric 

The new Fiat 500 will cost from £19,995 when it goes on sale in the UK in early 2021. 

Electric Fiat 500 Passion – from £23,495

The Fiat 500 Passion comes with a larger 42kWh battery, so it can manage 199 miles between charges. Unlike the Action (which can charge at a maximum of 50kW) the Passion model can charge using 85kW fast chargers – so you can charge it from 0-80% full in about 35 minutes. Its more powerful 118hp electric motor means it can do 0-60mph in nine seconds.

•  

fiat-500c-electric-driving-front-1-lead-1-scaled.jpg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&fit=clip&ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q=10&w=1600

fiat-500-electric-parked-front-2.jpg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&fit=clip&ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q=60&w=750

Or the Mini electric

image.png.8930814db61aec8eabaf6701f7fdc3a5.png

Won't work well in Wyoming.  I admit, that's a special case.

That said, some here would consider it.

Edited by turbguy

2 minutes ago, turbguy said:

Won't work well in Wyoming.  I admit, that's a special case.

That said, some here would consider it.

The Fiat would get you to Cheyenne and back. Where else do you have to go that isn't off road? :)

7 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

So it doesn't exist.

It exists, but the Greenies are afraid to debate the issue.

Everything is rosy for oil,

"Crude prices drew hefty support this week from U.S. inventory dynamics, with commercial stocks falling to their lowest since January 2020 and indications that the tightening is set to continue. Concurrently, the markets have seemingly got accustomed to the idea that there will not be any Iranian cliff-hanger as President-elect Raisi is to be sworn into office next week, mitigating erstwhile concerns that Tehran might flood the market with incremental barrels. COVID headwinds persist, however, as several European countries see rising Delta variant cases."

Just now, Ecocharger said:

It exists, but the Greenies are afraid to debate the issue.

So they are being ignored exactly as I said.

(edited)

2 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

So they are being ignored exactly as I said.

No, the CO2 folks have abandoned the field of battle. The solar models are feared but not ignored.

Edited by Ecocharger

2 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Everything is rosy for oil,

"Crude prices drew hefty support this week from U.S. inventory dynamics, with commercial stocks falling to their lowest since January 2020 and indications that the tightening is set to continue. Concurrently, the markets have seemingly got accustomed to the idea that there will not be any Iranian cliff-hanger as President-elect Raisi is to be sworn into office next week, mitigating erstwhile concerns that Tehran might flood the market with incremental barrels. COVID headwinds persist, however, as several European countries see rising Delta variant cases."

What, no citation? 

Just now, Ecocharger said:

No, the CO2 folks have abandoned the field of battle.

They have better things to do than argue with a bunch of discredited research. You can't change anything unless you convince them that you are right and they aren't even taking notice of you.

(edited)

2 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

They have better things to do than argue with a bunch of discredited research. You can't change anything unless you convince them that you are right and they aren't even taking notice of you.

The CO2 folks are running too fast in the opposite direction to engage in debate. The CO2 models have been completely discredited, for reasons which I outlined earlier. The CO2 folks would debate if they were convinced that they were right.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Like 1

(edited)

A new era has emerged in oil.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/ExxonMobil-Beats-Earnings-Estimates-As-Its-Chemicals-Business-Booms.html

"The Street had expected a very strong performance in the chemicals division, analysts told Bloomberg earlier this week. “We’re realizing significant benefits from an improved cost structure, solid operating performance and low-cost-of-supply investments that, together, are generating attractive returns and strong cash flow to fund our capital program, pay the dividend and reduce debt. This was particularly true for our Chemical business that delivered their best quarter in company history,” Exxon’s chairman and chief executive officer Darren Woods said."

Edited by Ecocharger

6 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

What, no citation? 

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Oil-Bulls-Remain-Confident-Despite-Covid-Concerns.html

9 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

A new era has emerged in oil.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/ExxonMobil-Beats-Earnings-Estimates-As-Its-Chemicals-Business-Booms.html

"The Street had expected a very strong performance in the chemicals division, analysts told Bloomberg earlier this week. “We’re realizing significant benefits from an improved cost structure, solid operating performance and low-cost-of-supply investments that, together, are generating attractive returns and strong cash flow to fund our capital program, pay the dividend and reduce debt. This was particularly true for our Chemical business that delivered their best quarter in company history,” Exxon’s chairman and chief executive officer Darren Woods said."

Chemicals don't emit CO2, they aren't per se a problem.

But good thing they have renewables to help them make money.

Canadian TC Energy plans to start using renewable energy to run its pipeline network in a bid to reduce its carbon footprint, Reuters reports, citing a senior company official.

"We started just with our liquids pipeline and it gives us really a lot of confidence that we'll be able to pivot quickly to our natural gas pipeline business both in the U.S. and in Canada," Corey Hessen, president of power and storage at TC Energy, told Reuters.

Currently, the company is measuring how many tons of carbon dioxide it would save by switching from natural gas to wind and solar power to operate its pipeline network. What is clear is that it generated close to 14 million tons of CO2 in 2019 from its pipelines.

TC Energy's plan is the latest sign that the energy industry is taking the emission challenge seriously and seeking ways to improve its track record in this respect. Yet emission-cutting for companies like TC Energy is also to their own benefit.

Canada plans to raise the price of carbon dioxide emissions from around $32 (C$40) per ton now to as much as $136.50 (C$170) by 2030. That's a price the government would use to charge big polluters such as TC Energy for their emissions. The pipeline operator would need to spend billions to build the renewable energy capacity it would need to run its 62,000 miles of oil and gas pipelines. Still, over the long term, it will probably save money from the move.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/TC-Energy-To-Use-Renewable-Energy-To-Run-Pipeline-Network.html

2 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

The Fiat would get you to Cheyenne and back. Where else do you have to go that isn't off road? :)

Not in winter.  Thats about 6 months long here.

I would not dare to travel to Cheyenne without 4WD in the winter.

It would work "around town", though.  There's several smart cars that do fine most of the time.

One of my neighbors suffered a pierced oil pan while driving in town.  The insurance company said the towing company will send some towing outfit over from Cheyenne to handle the situation.

The neighbor responded, "No they won't.  Interstate 80 is closed".

The insurace company said "They will take back roads, then".

The neighbor said "There are no "back roads"!

The insurance company then called the Cheyenne towing outfit, and found out they could only respond once the roads were open, in several days.

A local towing company was then assigned to the situation.

"Off-road" means something different here than it does elsewhere.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, turbguy said:

Not in winter.  Thats about 6 months long here.

I would not dare to travel to Cheyenne without 4WD in the winter.

It would work "around town", though.  There's several smart cars that do fine most of the time.

One of my neighbors suffered a pierced oil pan while driving in town.  The insurance company said the towing company will send some towing outfit over from Cheyenne to handle the situation.

The neighbor responded, "No they won't.  Interstate 80 is closed".

The insurace company said "They will take back roads, then".

The neighbor said "There are no "back roads"!

The insurance company then called the Cheyenne towing outfit, and found out they could only respond once the roads were open, in several days.

A local towing company was then assigned to the situation.

"Off-road" means something different here than it does elsewhere.

Jeep's Magneto Concept Is the Fully Electric Wrangler of the Future

This Wrangler EV matches the stock V-6 model's performance—and it even has a manual transmission.

Jeep-Magneto-1.jpg?fit=around%7C770:481.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Jeep's Magneto Concept Is the Fully Electric Wrangler of the Future

This Wrangler EV matches the stock V-6 model's performance—and it even has a manual transmission.

Jeep-Magneto-1.jpg?fit=around%7C770:481.

That would work here!  Concept auto take some time to bring to market.  GM's EV Hummer makes more sense.