JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

Oil demand appears to be extremely robust going forward.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Robust-Gasoline-Consumption-Fuels-Record-High-US-Oil-Demand.html

"According to the analysts, if demand stays robust, U.S. total liquids inventories – including the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) – could dip below the 2010-2014 average. 

“And so long as the fundamentals show continued inventory draws, oil prices will rally into year-end,” according to HFI Research. "

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 1

On 9/11/2021 at 10:47 PM, turbguy said:

Markets and "Free Enterprise" is NOT free.

It is regulated.

Wall Street and the API cares only about their wallet. 

Otherwise, just ask them when you take Wall Street's bet, "OK, I'll take your offer, only if you tell me how you are going to F*CK me".

They think many moves ahead.

It is time for energy users to think many moves ahead.

Natural gas is booming around the world and it will continue to do so. Everyone prefers it over coal, even greenies. Gasoline, diesel, and associated gases will all do well also. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

Natural gas is booming around the world and it will continue to do so. Everyone prefers it over coal, even greenies. Gasoline, diesel, and associated gases will all do well also. 

It's booming for the sellers. It is sucking tor the buyers. Those buyers are actively moving forward on renewables for their next great wave of investment.

(edited)

Europe is entering into a open pit of debt strangulation, with absurdly high levels of public spending to prop up the supposed "green" transformation, causing crippling debt loads for European governments. The EU will now suspend and reject its standing debt rules to allow public finances to monetize the debts created by Green fantasies.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/EU-Proposes-Debt-Loophole-For-Green-Investments.html

"the EU will use the "green" strawman of fighting climate change as a loophole to issue debt over and above the EU's self-imposed ceilings. Sure enough, an analysis commissioned by the ministers from the Bruegel think-tank showed additional public investment to meet the EU's climate goals will have to be 0.5%-1.0% of GDP annually during this decade and that may require flexibility in the rules. "There are substantial investment needs that will be very difficult to achieve in the current fiscal setting," the Bruegel paper said. "Past consolidation episodes resulted in major public investment cuts, while now there is a need for a major increase in investment." "A 'green golden rule' (excluding net green investment from the fiscal indicators used to measure fiscal rule compliance) is the most promising option to address this tension," it said."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

17 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Europe is entering into a open pit of debt strangulation, with absurdly high levels of public spending to prop up the supposed "green" transformation, causing crippling debt loads for European governments. The EU will now suspend and reject its standing debt rules to allow public finances to monetize the debts created by Green fantasies.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/EU-Proposes-Debt-Loophole-For-Green-Investments.html

Haha, MMT just keeps winning. Neoclassical economics was not the end all of economic realities. Economics keeps moving forward with technological advancements.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

On 9/12/2021 at 12:02 PM, ronwagn said:

That is an interesting theory, but I would appreciate some sort of reference. I have studied global warming AKA Climate Change, and Just Plain weather for ten years. Here is my topic and my references 1,367 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vHU2hHXebxpvExT7srNNnX-VM7Qn9Ak_ZmdKCIcUti8/edit

You do understand that mankind was not around when that happened? Also that here is no proof, that I am aware of, to prove that CO2 had anything to do with it. 

Ron, it has long been known that atmospheric CO2 levels are the primary driver of climate change throughout the 4 billion years that Earth has existed. There has only been 4 major ice ages in Earth's history, and whilst some scientists believe this will be the last, it is indeed strange that we are still in one at all given that astrophysicists calculate that the sun's radiance increases by 7% every billion years. You might find these articles interesting:

Ice age - Wikipedia

Geomagnetic reversal - Wikipedia

Also, if you google both "the carbon cycle" and the "methane cycle", you will get some actual facts as opposed to opinions. Any theory that I have ever come up with has turned out to be correct once the science caught up with my ideas. I am eligible to join MENSA and am trained in Physics, Environmental Science, and Business. I may have exaggerated the role of pole shifts, just for a bit of fun, but the concept which I independently discovered of water and ice distributions leading to such pole shifts had already been confirmed by science before I checked to see if there was any research on the concept. I am a "jack of all trades", never wasted my life becoming expert in a narrow field, am a big picture person with a knack for always getting things right. That is why the politicians trust me on virtually every geo-political or scientific or economic situation we find ourselves in. If I make a big prediction, they can bank on it and so can you.

Unfortunately, I can't make a whole heap of positive predictions right now, but the world could certainly be in a lot worse position than it is. Trust me when I tell you Ron, idiots like ecocharger don't have a clue about climate change, but he knows more than Jay about economics. Everybody on this site has some very valuable insights even if they tend to push a single barrow. I very much appreciate your extensive knowledge on the natural gas side of things and find many of your observations on economic behavior to be quite concise, but your knowledge of climate science is quite woeful tbh. If you scroll up to ecocharger's comments on the Euro version of the Green New Deal, he contradicts himself by blaming high FF prices on the green policies. WTF? Dunno why he can't see that FF prices would be far higher if not for the amount of renewables that have been deployed? You never contradict yourself, always consistent, but in some ways that makes you consistently wrong :)

2 hours ago, Wombat1 said:

Ron, it has long been known that atmospheric CO2 levels are the primary driver of climate change throughout the 4 billion years that Earth has existed. There has only been 4 major ice ages in Earth's history, and whilst some scientists believe this will be the last, it is indeed strange that we are still in one at all given that astrophysicists calculate that the sun's radiance increases by 7% every billion years. You might find these articles interesting:

Ice age - Wikipedia

Also, if you google both "the carbon cycle" and the "methane cycle", you will get some actual facts as opposed to opinions. Any theory that I have ever come up with has turned out to be correct once the science caught up with my ideas. I am eligible to join MENSA and am trained in Physics, Environmental Science, and Business. I may have exaggerated the role of pole shifts, just for a bit of fun, but the concept which I independently discovered of water and ice distributions leading to such pole shifts had already been confirmed by science before I checked to see if there was any research on the concept. I am a "jack of all trades", never wasted my life becoming expert in a narrow field, am a big picture person with a knack for always getting things right. That is why the politicians trust me on virtually every geo-political or scientific or economic situation we find ourselves in. If I make a big prediction, they can bank on it and so can you.

Unfortunately, I can't make a whole heap of positive predictions right now, but the world could certainly be in a lot worse position than it is. Trust me when I tell you Ron, idiots like ecocharger don't have a clue about climate change, but he knows more than Jay about economics. Everybody on this site has some very valuable insights even if they tend to push a single barrow. I very much appreciate your extensive knowledge on the natural gas side of things and find many of your observations on economic behavior to be quite concise, but your knowledge of climate science is quite woeful tbh. If you scroll up to ecocharger's comments on the Euro version of the Green New Deal, he contradicts himself by blaming high FF prices on the green policies. WTF? Dunno why he can't see that FF prices would be far higher if not for the amount of renewables that have been deployed? You never contradict yourself, always consistent, but in some ways that makes you consistently wrong :)

Wombat have you ever taken 2 steps back from your amazing always right life and considered the fact that you appear to others as a narcissistic arrogant pr*ck?

• Haha 1

(edited)

Europe is now firmly being economically crushed by the misbegotten climate policies foisted on them by hysterical propaganda.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Soaring-European-Energy-Prices-Could-Send-The-Commodity-Boom-Into-Overdrive.html

"Higher prices from here would “ration demand and thus curb energy-intensive industrial production,” the investment bank’s analysts wrote.

Power prices in the UK, Germany, France, and Spain—some of the largest economies in Europe—have set records over the past week.

The U.S. State Department’s envoy for energy security, Amos Hochstein, said during a visit to Poland last week that he was concerned with the low natural gas supplies in Europe ahead of the winter season, which could be colder than usual.  "

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Haha, MMT just keeps winning. Neoclassical economics was not the end all of economic realities. Economics keeps moving forward with technological advancements.

I have yet to see any economic analysis from you in your posts, Jay. Why don't you try enlightening us with some genuine pearls of economic wisdom?

• Upvote 1

(edited)

3 hours ago, Wombat1 said:

Ice age - Wikipedia

Wombat, take a look at some of the articles referenced earlier in this thread, showing that solar cycles are the primary driver of global warming/cooling, and CO2 levels have only a minor impact. Let me hear your comments on those research papers. It should be a snap for you, with all your fabulous scientific credentials. And also explain how CO2 is more important as a greenhouse gas than CFCs and other related gases, which are often about 50,000 times more potent greenhouse gases per volume than CO2. Give us some genuine enlightenment.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

American natural gas production will be ramping up to record highs this coming year, you can forget about fossil fuels going away anytime in this century.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Natural-Gas/High-Natural-Gas-Prices-Today-Will-Send-US-Production-Soaring-Next-Year.html

"The Journal’s Jinjoo Lee noted in a recent report that natural gas could “really use an OPEC-style, coordinated production ramp-up right now.” While U.S. natural gas prices were double those a year ago, the increase in Asia and Europe was even larger, at four times for Asia and five times for Europe, which is already suffering the consequences of gas shortages, with electricity prices spiking, prompting protests in parts of the EU. It is this tightness of supply that will be one of the biggest motivators for higher U.S. gas production next year, although, per Kemp, the ramp-up in production has already started, with the active rig count topping 100 as of early September and average daily output at 79 billion cu m."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

It's booming for the sellers. It is sucking tor the buyers. Those buyers are actively moving forward on renewables for their next great wave of investment.

Biden and company are forcing all forms of energy prices up. When statism rules anything can happen. I am betting on common sense prevailing in the general public. Betting that they will make wiser choices. Pritzker, in Illinois where I live, is making all the wrong choices. This will, admittedly, cost Illinoians greatly. More Illinoians will move out. 

• Upvote 1

(edited)

On 9/13/2021 at 7:03 AM, Wombat1 said:

Ice age - Wikipedia

Well, it sounds like you are so smart that you have it all figured out. I don't but maybe you can convince me over time. I am all ears. Meanwhile I am still trying to figure out who to believe. There are extremists on all sides. I do not trust much that the government says. Maybe you looked at my topic, maybe not. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vHU2hHXebxpvExT7srNNnX-VM7Qn9Ak_ZmdKCIcUti8/edit

I assume everyone here has a high IQ. I do too. You seem sensible, which goes a long way with me. 

Mankind has definitely done a lot of damage to Mother Earth. We continue to do so but we are also in a struggle between dictators and those who support freedom (to varying extents). It seems like a downhill slide to me. I am not willing to buy China's coal use or anyone elses so that they can excel economically while the Western nations, and taxpayers, suffer the consequences. 

The governor of Illinois, Prizker, a multibillionaire, is pushing for maintaining our coal plants until 2045, supporting outdated nuclear plants that are losing money, supporting renewables, and $7,500 rebates for Chicagoans. You can be assured that millions of dollars exchange political hands to get that support.  Meanwhile Illinois is raising taxes, utility fees, and every other fee he can dream up. People are leaving Illinois, where I live, for greener pastures with better leaders. 

Edited by ronwagn
spelling
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Like massive inflation that destroy the middle class and make the rich richer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

On 9/13/2021 at 10:40 AM, Ecocharger said:

Europe is now firmly being economically crushed by the misbegotten climate policies foisted on them by hysterical propaganda.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Soaring-European-Energy-Prices-Could-Send-The-Commodity-Boom-Into-Overdrive.html

"Higher prices from here would “ration demand and thus curb energy-intensive industrial production,” the investment bank’s analysts wrote.

Power prices in the UK, Germany, France, and Spain—some of the largest economies in Europe—have set records over the past week.

The U.S. State Department’s envoy for energy security, Amos Hochstein, said during a visit to Poland last week that he was concerned with the low natural gas supplies in Europe ahead of the winter season, which could be colder than usual.  "

That is what happens when you trust the Russians for your energy. They are using blackmail to raise prices, pretending to not have it all of a sudden!

Edited by ronwagn
spelling
  • Upvote 2

I see NG/LNG as probably the most valuable forms of energy over the next 2-3 decades.

Its cheap its relatively clean and should enable a cost effective way for countries to transition to renewable/nuclear without massively impacting on nations economies.

Green hydrogen will play a part but it depends on cost.

Pollution remains a major killer on a daily basis, not only for humans but also most of the natural world.

• Great Response! 1

The energy industry is SF6’s biggest consumer– it consumes more than 80% of the gas. SF6 is mostly used inside switchgear – which is an absolutely essential component of any electricity grid.  They are also used inside wind turbines, which means that neither wind energy as such, nor electricity, in general, can be claimed to be completely environmentally friendly.

@Jay McKinsey SF6 is 23900 times more potent than Co2 as a greenhouse gas and remains in the atmosphere 16 times as long as Co2, so wind/solar/nuclear power is not as "green" as we all think. In fact no power is green until we find a solution to this.

https://plana.earth/academy/most-powerful-greenhouse-gas/

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

The energy industry is SF6’s biggest consumer– it consumes more than 80% of the gas. SF6 is mostly used inside switchgear – which is an absolutely essential component of any electricity grid.  They are also used inside wind turbines, which means that neither wind energy as such, nor electricity, in general, can be claimed to be completely environmentally friendly.

@Jay McKinsey SF6 is 23900 times more potent than Co2 as a greenhouse gas and remains in the atmosphere 16 times as long as Co2, so wind/solar/nuclear power is not as "green" as we all think. In fact no power is green until we find a solution to this.

https://plana.earth/academy/most-powerful-greenhouse-gas/

The greenest solution would of course being humans giving up all technology. But we are trying to avoid that and keep advancing and growing. The atmosphere can handle some GHG emissions. The question is how do we keep it within bounds. How much SF6 is actually emitted to the atmosphere? You need to do the calculation before claiming that it needs to be solved.

• Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

8 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

The greenest solution would of course being humans giving up all technology. But we are trying to avoid that and keep advancing and growing. The atmosphere can handle some GHG emissions. The question is how do we keep it within bounds. How much SF6 is actually emitted to the atmosphere? You need to do the calculation before claiming that it needs to be solved.

Jay as the article states it is the equivalent of 100M cars Co2 emissions and could easily grow by 50% over the next 8 years as the world goes electric. That might not sound a lot but when you think it is in the atmosphere for 16 times as long (3200 years) it becomes a real problem we should all be aware of and solve.

I'm not a luddite and agree technology needs to step up and solve the issues at hand. It seems a German company has already by re-designing the switchgear, but if this isn't adopted (because of cost) then it doesn't really solve the problem going forward let alone existing infrastructure.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Did anyone say Nordstream 2???? Meant to start deliveries in a few days, surely that will take the edge off things?

3 hours ago, Wombat1 said:

Did anyone say Nordstream 2???? Meant to start deliveries in a few days, surely that will take the edge off things?

Which is a Russian gas supply source, consolidating their control over gas markets in Western Europe. Watch for them to have ‘technical difficulties’ or ‘unexpected price hikes in in winter of 2022/23 that raise profits for Gasprom.  The successful completion of nordstream 2 is an effective license to print money for Gasprom, because Western Europe can’t easily replace that gas with anything at a similar price. The gap between the price Gasprom needs to maintain production (pretty low probably $2/mmscf) and the price that Western Europe needs to replace their gas (somewhere between $6 and $8/mmscf equivalent) is purely profit.  

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

On 9/9/2021 at 2:07 AM, Ecocharger said:

Trying to convert transportation to EVs brings a host of problems, 

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/The-Major-Problem-With-EVs-No-One-Is-Talking-About.html

"When GM earlier this year started recalling Bolts, it issued a warning to owners of the EV: don’t charge your car battery to 100 percent. Normally, this would be easy enough to do. But what if your charger got hacked?

Last year, researchers from the Southwest Research Institute in Texas successfully hacked the most popular charging system used in North America. The hack limited the charging rate, then blocked charging, and then overcharged the battery. The reason for the hack: “This was an initiative designed to identify potential threats in common charging hardware as we prepare for widespread adoption of electric vehicles in the coming decade,” according to lead researcher Austin Dodson."

Not sure if this has been mentioned before.... that the key components of a car could/ should be separated from advanced internet connected apps?? :|

- key components like  pedals for increasing speed or reducing it; handbrake, basic indicators like speedometer, water level etc

- advanced apps like GPS, phone, etc (end of thinking capacity).....

There has been a few accidental observation.........

1. An app, e.g. a game like candy crush, or app involves plenty images like online shopping app, would use up the battery rather quickly.

2. The apps downloaded will also decrease the speed of operation of a phone.....

Correct me if I am wrong.........

What if, these applications can be loaded and saved on icloud, not on phone? Would the battery last longer and the initial operating speed won't be affected?

Together with the starting point where essential components are to be built separately from the accessories, the hack might eventually not affecting the car much?:$

Edited by specinho
  • Upvote 1

It's an unfortunate mess. I believe the author is 100% correct by saying renewables will not meet our energy demands. I also believe it won't be much longer before all that demand puts an end to our current living arrangements. The toxic waste products building up in the atmosphere, water and land as a result of all our consumption of literally everything will be our undoing and sooner than we think.