JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

11 minutes ago, nsdp said:

You don't know what the hell you were talking about. The week of the 7th-14th was not emergency and these were scheduled grid supply according to OATI.  If you were  qualified dispatcher insteadd of a bullsshit artist you would have access to https://www.oati.com/Solutions/Transmission-Reliability-Management/Outage-Management and how who is a liar and who is not. You are a liar.

You quoted the report yourself showing that the electricity was cut off to the NG backup system...can you read?

Just now, Ecocharger said:

They were cut off. Read the report.

No, you are wrong. You need to post the part of "the report" that you are referring to.

(edited)

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

No, you are wrong. You need to post the part of "the report" that you are referring to.

It was already posted above a few pages back. The NG generators were on the list of electricity cutoffs.

Edited by Ecocharger

It was already posted above a few pages back.

Then it should be no problem for you to repost it.

(edited)

2 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Then it should be no problem for you to repost it.

I did not post it. The question is, how could you miss it.

Edited by Ecocharger

I did not post it.

Why does that matter? You claim this information exists, prove it.

Why does that matter? You claim this information exists, prove it.

I have requested nsdp to repost it. And again, Jay,  how could you have missed it?

6 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

I have requested nsdp to repost it. And again, Jay,  how could you have missed it?

I likely missed it for the same reason you can't post the information.

Yes because stupid operators operators failed to file the critical facility paper work at the RRC and have the RRC bless and send it to the PUCT.  PUCT Chairwoman Commissioner Craddick forgot that the   rules were issued  when she was Chairman of the PUCT and she was ordered by NERC to do so after the 2011 storn .    Plants cut off. lost power because of their own stupidity.

Craddick said she was not aware before this week that operators could register as essential services through the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, known as ERCOT.

“I didn’t know that was an opportunity. We’d never been told that as an agency, to my knowledge,” Craddick said. “I will say we had a phone call (with ERCOT), and they said, ‘We’ve got a form.’ It took me 30 minutes myself, knowing that there was a form sitting there, to find it. So I think better communication (is needed) to understand that.”https://oglinks.news/usa/news/texas-power-grid-hearings-natural-gas-suppliers-power-plants

6 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I likely missed it for the same reason you can't post the information.

nsdp will repost for us. How did you miss it earlier? It was big news.

1 minute ago, nsdp said:

Yes because stupid operators operators failed to file the critical facility paper work at the RRC and have the RRC bless and send it to the PUCT.  PUCT Chairwoman Commissioner Craddick forgot that the   rules were issued  when she was Chairman of the PUCT and she was ordered by NERC to do so after the 2011 storn .    Plants cut off. lost power because of their own stupidity.

Craddick said she was not aware before this week that operators could register as essential services through the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, known as ERCOT.

“I didn’t know that was an opportunity. We’d never been told that as an agency, to my knowledge,” Craddick said. “I will say we had a phone call (with ERCOT), and they said, ‘We’ve got a form.’ It took me 30 minutes myself, knowing that there was a form sitting there, to find it. So I think better communication (is needed) to understand that.”https://oglinks.news/usa/news/texas-power-grid-hearings-natural-gas-suppliers-power-plants

Well, there we go, as I said above. It does not really matter exactly how the system failed, the fact is that it DID fail, in spectacular fashion. Let's hope that everyone has learned the lesson and it will not happen again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

Well, there we go, as I said above. It does not really matter exactly how the system failed, the fact is that it DID fail, in spectacular fashion. Let's hope that everyone has learned the lesson and it will not happen again.

Don't bet on it . Stupidity reigned supreme in 2014. Fortunately  there were 7 large coal plants that had not shut down yet as that was before the 2019 deadline for PM2.5 removal and STNP did not crater.

What other stupid ideas can we disabuse you of.

50 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

The NG system was a backup system, used for emergencies. When the renewables failed, electricity was cut off to the NG backup system, ensuring general catastrophe. The NG system actually did dramatically increase its generator output, but failed when the power to them was cut off.

Because the power was not cutoff to the generators as you said. It was the natural gas that was cutoff.

It was not an NG backup system as you said,  it was the normal natural gas distribution system.

The emergency cutoff system did not kick in when the wind died, it kicked in after the NG generators had ramped. It had nothing to do with the wind dropping off as it was expected to do.

8 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

It wasn't just stupid operators, it also includes stupid incompetent  Republican  politicians.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nsdp said:

Don't bet on it . Stupidity reigned supreme in 2014. Fortunately  there were 7 large coal plants that had not shut down yet as that was before the 2019 deadline for PM2.5 removal and STNP did not crater.

What other stupid ideas can we disabuse you of.

You just verified my critique...what further verifications can you provide me with?

(edited)

2 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Because the power was not cutoff to the generators as you said. It was the natural gas that was cutoff.

It was not an NG backup system as you said,  it was the normal natural gas distribution system.

The emergency cutoff system did not kick in when the wind died, it kicked in after the NG generators had ramped. It had nothing to do with the wind dropping off as it was expected to do.

Jay, you obviously did not bother to read the quote, where it is clear that electricity was DENIED the NG backup system. NG pipelines are part of that system.

https://oglinks.news/usa/news/texas-power-grid-hearings-natural-gas-suppliers-power-plants

"Critics say Abbott appointees gutted enforcement of Texas power grid rules. Grant Ruckel, vice president of government affairs at pipeline company Energy Transfer, testified that the biggest failure during the disaster was cutting power to gas pipelines, many of which are not listed as essential services, a designation made for hospitals and other critical infrastructure. About half of the gas pipelines use electricity in their compressors, about half use natural gas in compressors and a few use diesel fuel, said Christi Craddick, chair of the Texas Railroad Commission, which oversees the oil and gas industry. “How could we let those compressors be part of the blackout if there is a process for critical load and essential services?” said Rep. Eddie Lucio III, D-Brownsville. “How did that slip through the cracks and then allow generation plants to fail? That is just baffling to me.” Craddick said she was not aware before this week that operators could register as essential services through the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, known as ERCOT. “I didn’t know that was an opportunity. We’d never been told that as an agency, to my knowledge,”"

There you have it, "... the biggest failure during the disaster was cutting power to gas pipelines, many of which are not listed as essential services, a designation made for hospitals and other critical infrastructure. About half of the gas pipelines use electricity in their compressors, about half use natural gas in compressors and a few use diesel fuel..."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Like 1

(edited)

17 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Jay, you obviously did not bother to read the quote, where it is clear that electricity was DENIED the NG backup system. 

https://oglinks.news/usa/news/texas-power-grid-hearings-natural-gas-suppliers-power-plants

"Critics say Abbott appointees gutted enforcement of Texas power grid rules. Grant Ruckel, vice president of government affairs at pipeline company Energy Transfer, testified that the biggest failure during the disaster was cutting power to gas pipelines, many of which are not listed as essential services, a designation made for hospitals and other critical infrastructure. About half of the gas pipelines use electricity in their compressors, about half use natural gas in compressors and a few use diesel fuel, said Christi Craddick, chair of the Texas Railroad Commission, which oversees the oil and gas industry. “How could we let those compressors be part of the blackout if there is a process for critical load and essential services?” said Rep. Eddie Lucio III, D-Brownsville. “How did that slip through the cracks and then allow generation plants to fail? That is just baffling to me.” Craddick said she was not aware before this week that operators could register as essential services through the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, known as ERCOT. “I didn’t know that was an opportunity. We’d never been told that as an agency, to my knowledge,”"

1. It was not an NG backup pipeline system. It was the primary NG pipeline system.

2. You said power was cut to the NG generators. It was not. The pipelines are separate entities from the power plants.

3. It did not occur because of a lack of wind as you have previously claimed.

You obviously do not understand any of this.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

17 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

1. It was not an NG backup system. It was the primary NG system. The pipelines are separate entities from the power plants.

2. You said power was cut to the NG generators. It was not.

3. It did not occur because of a lack of wind as you have previously claimed.

You obviously do not understand any of this.

Jay, the NG pipelines are an essential part of the NG backup system. You cannot have one without the other, NG has to get to the generators. Power, both electrical power and NG, to allow the NG generators to be supplied was not only cut, but it was the "biggest failure during the disaster", and shut down the NG generators, which had been ramping up their output by a huge margin prior to their shutdown. Why the overreliance on the little-used NG backup system? Because of the failure of the renewable sector to function during the storms. It all comes back to the unreliability of renewables electricity.

How could you miss this, Jay? It is all there in black and white. Why is this all news to you? We discussed it many times before.

Remember this,  "... the biggest failure during the disaster was cutting power to gas pipelines, many of which are not listed as essential services, a designation made for hospitals and other critical infrastructure. About half of the gas pipelines use electricity in their compressors, about half use natural gas in compressors and a few use diesel fuel..."

It was the failure of the renewable electricity sector which dragged down the NG backup sector. The system was doomed to fail during a cold weather scenario.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

11 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Jay, the NG pipelines are an essential part of the NG backup system. You cannot have one without the other, NG has to get to the generators. Power, both electrical power and NG, to allow the NG generators to be supplied was not only cut, but it was the "biggest failure during the disaster", and shut down the NG generators, which had been ramping up their output by a huge margin prior to their shutdown. Why the overreliance on the little-used NG backup system? Because of the failure of the renewable sector to function during the storms. It all comes back too the unreliability of renewables.

How could you miss this, Jay? It is all there in black and white.

It is very easy to miss as it isn't there. You are just talking out your arse.

What you incorrectly call a backup system was a mechanism to decrease demand on the electricity system in an emergency. The pipelines are the opposite of essential to the cutoff mechanism. They screwed up by not listing them as essential services that should NOT be cutoff. 

Clearly this is all well above your reading comprehension level.

Edited by Jay McKinsey
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

13 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

It is very easy to miss as it isn't there. You are just talking out your arse.

What you incorrectly call a backup system was a mechanism to decrease demand on the NG system in an emergency. The pipelines are the opposite of essential to the cutoff mechanism. They screwed up by not listing them as essential services that should NOT be cutoff. 

Clearly this is all well above your reading comprehension level.

That is all beside the point, Jay...the emergency provisions were designed to cutoff essential electricity needed to maintain the NG backup system. The NG generators did not fail, they overperformed as long as they were not deprived of needed energy to maintain NG supplies. It was the failure to designate natural gas pipelines as essential services which pulled down the NG generators, and that scarcity of electrical power to maintain the NG pipelines was due to the failure of renewable electricity during the storms. The backup system was doomed to failure, they were designed to fail under these cutoff provisions. The fact that the exemptions were not discussed or referred to in normal discussion highlights the vulnerability of the system.

"Craddick said she was not aware before this week that operators could register as essential services through the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, known as ERCOT. “I didn’t know that was an opportunity. We’d never been told that as an agency, to my knowledge,” Clearly, no one saw these exemptions as important, especially in the anti-fossil fuel times in which we live.

A further issue is, WHY were natural gas pipelines supplying the backup NG generators not designated as essential services? They clearly were essential services in the case of weather emergency. Perhaps the anti-fossil fuel panic which we have seen contributed to the failure to designate NG pipelines as ESSENTIAL. That is a question which is worthy of investigation.

What we have here is a demonstration as to the essential nature of fossil fuels for energy supplies, without which basic human services are threatened.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

12 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Perhaps the anti-fossil fuel panic which we have seen contributed to the failure to designate NG pipelines as ESSENTIAL. That is a question which is worthy of investigation.

Yeah, Texas is subject to anti-fossil fuel panic, not. It was due to a lack of regulation in an anti regulation state. Very simple.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

It was due to a lack of regulation in an anti regulation state. Very simple.

No, it was due to overreliance on renewable electricity and an anti-fossil fuel climate panic which did not allow essential NG backup generators to be supplied. The fact that exemption applications (not exemptions per se, just APPLICATIONS) were not even made aware of to the people running the system tells you how little the NG generators were held in regard.

There are some valuable lessons here, mostly, do not rely on experimental and irregular sources of energy supply to the exclusion of dependable sources of  energy.

No, it was due to overreliance on renewable electricity and an anti-fossil fuel climate panic which did not allow essential NG backup generators to be supplied. The fact that exemption applications (not exemptions per se, just APPLICATIONS) were not even made aware of to the people running the system tells you how little the NG generators were held in regard.

There are some valuable lessons here, mostly, do not rely on experimental and irregular sources of energy supply to the exclusion of dependable sources of  energy.

Texas is indeed such a hot bed of anti-fossil fuel panic. 

(edited)

Texas is indeed such a hot bed of anti-fossil fuel panic. 

No square inch of these United States are exempt from fevered anti-fossil fuel climate panic propaganda.

Edited by Ecocharger

No square inch of these United States are exempt from fevered anti-fossil fuel climate panic propaganda.

Good, then we should be rid of fossil fuel sooner than ever. Texas might just beat California with Elon getting ready to takeover their electrical system and sell every Texan a Cybertruck.