JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

4 minutes ago, Boat said:

I probably wouldn’t own one till the chargers are built out with food, snacks and drinks. Even then waiting past 15 min would be to long. I read about superchargers and better batteries. We’ll wait and see how successful that goes and how long it takes.

I think you will find that almost every supercharger is next to food and drinks. 

McDonalds really capitalizing off the Firebaugh Supercharger: teslamotors

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Boat said:

On the other hand I could deal with a 400 mile range and up. Driving  3 hrs out and 3 back most can plan around. 

They would have to have their own Tesla Motels for me, but they would probably be more than I want to spend. I like to drive right up to my room the old fashioned way. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ronwagn said:

They would have to have their own Tesla Motels for me, but they would probably be more than I want to spend. I like to drive right up to my room the old fashioned way. 🤣

And why can't you drive up to an old fashioned motel room in a Tesla?

Just now, Jay McKinsey said:

It would have to have a charger right there. The old drive up motels will not have chargers. I don't even see them in more expensive motels. Maybe in California. 

I have only seen one or two Tesla cars in Central Illinois. A couple of Leafs or Bolts too. 

• Haha 1

Just now, ronwagn said:

It would have to have a charger right there. The old drive up motels will not have chargers. I don't even see them in more expensive motels. Maybe in California. 

I have only seen one or two Tesla cars in Central Illinois. A couple of Leafs or Bolts too. 

Motels don't have gas pumps in front of the rooms either.

• Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

They don't need them for ICE cars. 😉

• Haha 1

Just now, ronwagn said:

They don't need them for ICE cars. 😉

They don't need them for EVs either.

• Rolling Eye 1

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

They don't need them for EVs either.

It sounds like you think there is already a complete infrastructure of convenient charging stations that would alleviate the need for wasting time charging. That, if it were true, would still leave the great disparity in price for most people.

A new element is the rapidly increasing price of electricity in some states. If there is no direct cost it will be built in or paid by taxpayers.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, ronwagn said:

It sounds like you think there is already a complete infrastructure of convenient charging stations that would alleviate the need for wasting time charging. That, if it were true, would still leave the great disparity in price for most people.

A new element is the rapidly increasing price of electricity in some states. If there is no direct cost it will be built in or paid by taxpayers.  

Chargers are all over and continue to grow rapidly. Perhaps you haven't noticed the rapidly increasing price of gasoline. 

Here is just Tesla's network:

image.png.01832fbfc190294b27a6ab948aa70284.png

• Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, Boat said:

On the other hand I could deal with a 400 mile range and up. Driving  3 hrs out and 3 back most can plan around. That would be home charging. I think any road charging is to much of a time killer. 

On long road trips I can always find a gas station to fill up my ICE...takes only a short time to fill up.

(edited)

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I think you will find that almost every supercharger is next to food and drinks. 

McDonalds really capitalizing off the Firebaugh Supercharger: teslamotors

Do you spend much time in a fast food place in these days of COVID? I minimize my time in a public place. You are behind the times, Jay.

Edited by Ecocharger

24 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Do you spend much time in a fast food place in these days of COVID? I minimize my time in a public place. You are behind the times, Jay.

If you read the sign they deliver to your charging bay.

14 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

(sigh) It is about the growth rate. In a few years it will be 15 or 20 million new EVs a year and the Chinese vehicle stock will be fully replaced with EVs in 10 to 20 years. 

China had 365 million motorized vehicles on the road, including around 280 million cars,

I agree but its still a drop in the ocean 

EV's being the dominant form of transport in China will take a decade at least.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Battery is flat, thats why!

• Haha 1

As 'lies' go, the best and the dullest is that we can burn up capital forever (by which I mean coal, oil & gas and even uranium) and leave nothing for our grandchildren or their grandchildren.  Fossil fuels are finite and fighting over them will lead to the last war.  Renewables are infinite in supply which means they are income.  Living off income is prudent; burning up capital is reckless, selfish and in this case suicidal.  But who cares, eh?  I got mine F You. Apres moi le deluge.  Have they no decency? Have they no shame? Rhetorical questions to be sure for the answer is not in doubt. Paul was right -- 1 Timothy 6:10 -- He didn't say money was evil, he said the love of money (silver-love to be precise) was evil.  See what it did for Judas?

Let me explain something to you -- PV, made from silicon, is infinitely scalable and virtually free.  The fuel source hasn't missed a day in four billion years.  What is it about this you don't understand?  It is only a matter of time.  See Smil's chart of how long it took even coal, oil, gas and nuclear power to get to 20 quads.  Resistance is feudal.  Solar and wind, the Air Apparent, are already too cheap to meter in places.  More to follow.  Ironic isn't it that that mantra was trotted out in the '50s for nuclear.  Half right: it was fusion not fission and it was celestial not terrestrial.  You gonna tell us how great Hydrogen is next?  You're right -- did I mention the local hydrogen fusion reactor hasn't missed a day in four billion years.  Bet on it.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

12 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

If you read the sign they deliver to your charging bay.

You want to stand around beside a charging battery munching on french fries? I can think of better things to do with my time.

But if you are a true believer in Green, you can put up with anything.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

We are now on the edge of a major run-up in energy prices, all of it cause by the Green revolution.

Oil is still king.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/analyst-sees-nat-gas-prices-doubling-oil-hitting-us-100-if-cold-weather-takes-hold-overseas-1.1671776

" “We’re in a really weather-sensitive situation here where we could see natural gas prices really, even, double from here if we get some really cold weather and we could see crude oil prices break through US$100,” said  Randy Ollenberger, managing director of oil and gas equity research at BMO Capital Markets, in an interview Monday. "

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

2 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

You want to stand around beside a charging battery munching on french fries? I can think of better things to do with my time.

But if you are a true believer in Green, you can put up with anything.

Most people sit in their car listening to tunes or if in a Tesla watching Netflix or playing on the game console. You can think of better things to do than eating...good to know.

Most people are intelligent enough to figure out that exiting the highway in an ICE, going to the gas station, then to the drive thru and eating in the parking lot is the same as going to the drive thru in an EV and then eating at the charging station.

Edited by Jay McKinsey
  • Rolling Eye 2

8 hours ago, Henry Hewitt said:

As 'lies' go, the best and the dullest is that we can burn up capital forever (by which I mean coal, oil & gas and even uranium) and leave nothing for our grandchildren or their grandchildren.  Fossil fuels are finite and fighting over them will lead to the last war.  Renewables are infinite in supply which means they are income.  Living off income is prudent; burning up capital is reckless, selfish and in this case suicidal.  But who cares, eh?  I got mine F You. Apres moi le deluge.  Have they no decency? Have they no shame? Rhetorical questions to be sure for the answer is not in doubt. Paul was right -- 1 Timothy 6:10 -- He didn't say money was evil, he said the love of money (silver-love to be precise) was evil.  See what it did for Judas?

Let me explain something to you -- PV, made from silicon, is infinitely scalable and virtually free.  The fuel source hasn't missed a day in four billion years.  What is it about this you don't understand?  It is only a matter of time.  See Smil's chart of how long it took even coal, oil, gas and nuclear power to get to 20 quads.  Resistance is feudal.  Solar and wind, the Air Apparent, are already too cheap to meter in places.  More to follow.  Ironic isn't it that that mantra was trotted out in the '50s for nuclear.  Half right: it was fusion not fission and it was celestial not terrestrial.  You gonna tell us how great Hydrogen is next?  You're right -- did I mention the local hydrogen fusion reactor hasn't missed a day in four billion years.  Bet on it.

The hydrogen-helium reactor misses about 12hrs every day, smart mouth gongoozler. 

• Haha 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, QuarterCenturyVet said:

The hydrogen-helium reactor misses about 12hrs every day, smart mouth gongoozler. 

There is over 3 ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE of solar energy reaching the earth's surface than ALL of the energy humanity uses today. Guaranteed, day after day, year after year.

It ain't to hard to store enough to last the "other 12 hours", when a huge percentage of the population sleeps (demanding MUCH less energy) anyway...

Does it require realizing other practices and markets?  You bet!

Edited by turbguy

5 hours ago, turbguy said:

There is over 3 ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE of solar energy reaching the earth's surface than ALL of the energy humanity uses today. Guaranteed, day after day, year after year.

It ain't to hard to store enough to last the "other 12 hours", when a huge percentage of the population sleeps (demanding MUCH less energy) anyway...

Does it require realizing other practices and markets?  You bet!

"It ain't hard to store enough to last the "other 12 hours"? 

Yeah? Why hasn't it been done on a large enough scale yet then? 

There is enough natural gas, oil and coal for centuries of use. People who think there isn't are simply retarded. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Chargers are all over and continue to grow rapidly. Perhaps you haven't noticed the rapidly increasing price of gasoline. 

Here is just Tesla's network:

image.png.01832fbfc190294b27a6ab948aa70284.png

This map shows about the same number of EV charging stations as there are CNG fuel stations and they are very fast in fueling by comparison plus they serve large trucks which use a lot more power. https://ngvamerica.org/fuel/ngv-station-map/?f#/find/nearest?fuel=CNG, LNG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Most people sit in their car listening to tunes or if in a Tesla watching Netflix or playing on the game console. You can think of better things to do than eating...good to know.

Most people are intelligent enough to figure out that exiting the highway in an ICE, going to the gas station, then to the drive thru and eating in the parking lot is the same as going to the drive thru in an EV and then eating at the charging station.

Show me a highway map with fast food restaurants, motels, and adjacent charging stations along the highways. Full information needed. I don't need to worry about that with an ICE vehicle. When we travel we make quick stops until nightfall.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

This map shows about the same number of EV charging stations as there are CNG fuel stations and they are very fast in fueling by comparison plus they serve large trucks which use a lot more power. https://ngvamerica.org/fuel/ngv-station-map/?f#/find/nearest?fuel=CNG, LNG

I think you need to visit your optometrist. The CNG map shows a fraction of the stations and oh yeah, no one drives a CNG car in the US.

image.thumb.png.1e39581e050d2f9391382cd7de6ea14a.png

• Rolling Eye 1

Just now, ronwagn said:

Show me a highway map with fast food restaurants, motels, and adjacent charging stations along the highways. Full information needed. I don't need to worry about that with an ICE vehicle. When we travel we make quick stops until nightfall.

I did show you the map.