JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

5 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

No you most certainly did not moron. Prove me wrong by posting it again. What EWO posted was about Consumer Reports reliability, it said nothing about recalls. But then you are too dumb to know the difference aren't you?

In fact Tesla recalls in 2021 were less than their 2021 production.

It was posted, go and look it up. Do your own work, and think before you speak.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

So now the hens are coming home to roost, you cannot run the money printing presses indefinitely without those extra dollars creating a problem.

Biden & Co. are trying to blame high oil prices for inflation,  but that is not the true source of inflation.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Higher-Oil-Prices-Not-Likely-To-Lead-To-Runaway-Inflation.html

"For instance, during the 1990s and the Gulf War oil crisis, inflation remained stable despite crude oil prices doubling in six months to around $30 from $14. This decoupling between the two metrics became even more apparent during the 1999 to 2005 oil price rally when the annual average nominal price of oil rose to $50 from $16.50 while CPI rose by a much smaller margin to 196.80 in Dec. 2005 from 164.30 in Jan. 1999.

The price correlation between crude and gasoline has changed quite a lot over the years--and in ways that do not favor the consumer. Most states have raised gas taxes, refiners face new rules that add cost, and there's a shortage of drivers for the trucks that deliver gas to filling stations.

The relationship between high oil prices and high inflation is, therefore, not quite as simple or straightforward as was the case in the past.

Indeed, some experts have even made a somewhat roundabout argument that high inflation and a weakening dollar will push oil prices higher, and not the other way round.

Opportune LLP says the U.S. economy is headed for pandemic-induced hyperinflation, arguing that what took five years to do with the last QE has now been duplicated in less than a year. The analysts say that with such rapid expansion of the money supply, it's only a question of when hyperinflation will hit."

Edited by Ecocharger

Just now, Ecocharger said:

It was posted, go and look it up. Do your own work, and think before you speak.

No it wasn't posted. You are just running away from your stupid erroneous claims again.

(edited)

8 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

image.png.e279ba0ef15e22624302adca93830399.png

Tesla Model Y now the second best selling car in California.

image.png.2f73cb2a044918e54eac331ccf39c03a.png

Plug in vehicles now at 12.8% market share.

https://www.cncda.org/wp-content/uploads/Cal-Covering-4Q-21.pdf

Not even close to that, you are looking only at California, so those numbers reflect California government policy, which differs from other jurisdictions. And that is only new vehicle sales, does not include the vast used vehicle market, which is about twice the size of the new vehicle market, in other words you ignored about two-thirds of the market. The used market is almost exclusively ICE vehicles, so your numbers are far removed from reality.

Edited by Ecocharger

Get to work.

I already did my work when I debunked your stupid claims that  "ICE auto makers do not recall more vehicles than they produce" and that "GM and Ford recalls are only a tiny percentage of production". 

Here is more work for you:

Tesla recalls in 2021 were less than their 2021 production.

(edited)

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I already did my work when I debunked your stupid claims that  "ICE auto makers do not recall more vehicles than they produce" and that "GM and Ford recalls are only a tiny percentage of production". 

Here is more work for you:

Tesla recalls in 2021 were less than their 2021 production.

I gave you a link above, you are behind the curve again.

"Electric automaker Tesla recalled almost as many cars on Thursday as it delivered in 2020, according to Bloomberg."

Edited by Ecocharger

13 hours ago, kshithij Sharma said:

That is possible but is a safety hazard. Nuclear heat can't be diverted without increasing risk of safety

🤡🤣 🙄🤣🤡 🤣 🙄🤣🤡 🤣 🙄🤣🤡

Thank you for the clown quote of the day. 

Did you graduate any schooling past 16 years old?

Not even close to that, you are looking only at California, so those numbers reflect California government policy, which differs from other jurisdictions. And that is only new vehicle sales, does not include the vast used vehicle market, which is about twice the size of the new vehicle market, in other words you ignored about two-thirds of the market. The used maarket is almost exclusively ICEm so your numbers are far removed from reality.

Only looking at California? I do believe that is why it says California Sales at the top of the post. 

Just now, Jay McKinsey said:

Only looking at California? I do believe that is why it says California Sales at the top of the post. 

That is why your article is not useful, looks at a partial market of a partial market...and tells us nothing.

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

I gave you a link above, you are behind the curve again.

No you didn't. If you had given me a link then you would be gladly reposting it to show how wrong I am.

That is why your article is not useful, looks at a partial market of a partial market...and tells us nothing.

It tells you a lot about the California new car market which is the largest in the US. 

No you didn't. If you had given me a link then you would be gladly reposting it to show how wrong I am.

Check above, Jay, and get new eyeglasses.

Just now, Jay McKinsey said:

It tells you a lot about the California new car market which is the largest in the US. 

And includes only about 1/3 of the California vehicle market, which is why it is not useful.

Check above, Jay, and get new eyeglasses.

You didn't post any links above. Just keep running away.

3 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

U.S. opens probe into 30 million vehicles over air bag inflators

• The new investigation includes vehicles assembled by Honda, Ford, Toyota, General Motors, Nissan, Subaru, Tesla, Ferrari, Mazda, Daimler, BMW, Chrysler, Porsche, Jaguar Land Rover and others.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/20/us-opens-probe-into-30-million-vehicles-over-air-bag-inflators.html

Yes, I continue to get those stupid airbag recall notices, once a quarter, on a 20 year old Honda Odyssey.  

🔥Ah, fire starter, we meet again...

You didn't post any links above. Just keep running away.

You really do need new glasses, old boy.

Here is a quote from the link I gave you on the previous page.

"Electric automaker Tesla recalled almost as many cars on Thursday as it delivered in 2020, according to Bloomberg."

(edited)

36 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Those recalls were in 2021 for 500K cars. However Tesla produced 900K cars in 2021, Try again.

GM globally produced 6.3M in 2021 but they recalled 8M in 2021.

https://media.gm.com/content/dam/Media/gmcom/investor/2022/janhttps://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/2022/02/03/financials-fy-ford-21.pdfq4-earnings-deck-and-cy-2021.pdf

Ford global production in 2021 was less than 4M but they recalled 5.4M in 2021. https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/2022/02/03/financials-fy-ford-21.pdf

A total of 8 million GM vehicles were determined to be potentially affected by recall reports, while Ford finished in second place with 5.4 million, the Detroit Free Press reports

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/consumer-products/auto-news/gm-ford-take-top-spots-for-the-most-auto-recalls-in-2021/

Edited by Jay McKinsey

2 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

No airbag recall there!

Tesla Recalls Over 475,000 U.S. Cars on Camera, Trunk Issues

• Defects affect car makers’ Model 3 and Model S vehicles
  • Number of recalled cars is almost on par with 2020 deliveries

scooby-doo (1).gif

• Haha 1

(edited)

10 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

No airbag recall there!

Tesla Recalls Over 475,000 U.S. Cars on Camera, Trunk Issues

• Defects affect car makers’ Model 3 and Model S vehicles
  • Number of recalled cars is almost on par with 2020 deliveries

scooby-doo (1).gif

Those recalls were in 2021 for 500K cars. However Tesla produced 900K cars in 2021, Try again.

GM globally produced 6.3M in 2021 but they recalled 8M in 2021.

https://media.gm.com/content/dam/Media/gmcom/investor/2022/janhttps://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/2022/02/03/financials-fy-ford-21.pdfq4-earnings-deck-and-cy-2021.pdf

Ford global production in 2021 was less than 4M but they recalled 5.4M in 2021. https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/2022/02/03/financials-fy-ford-21.pdf

A total of 8 million GM vehicles were determined to be potentially affected by recall reports, while Ford finished in second place with 5.4 million, the Detroit Free Press reports

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/consumer-products/auto-news/gm-ford-take-top-spots-for-the-most-auto-recalls-in-2021/

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

10 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Try again.

Well ok....

Good luck getting a state rebate on your new electric car

“How is the average person supposed to do all this?” Dudley said. Low-income potential buyers can’t afford to postpone rebates, he said: “Waiting four to six months after purchasing a new EV is untenable for many people.”

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-07-23/good-luck-getting-a-state-rebate-on-your-new-electric-car

archie-bunker-kill-me-now (1).gif

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

(edited)

37 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

You didn't put that quote in to a post until you edited it in a few minutes ago. Not my job to go back and look at your edits to old posts.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

11 hours ago, Eric Gagen said:

I hate to break it to you, but almost NONE of the technology currently used for oil exploration existed in 1980.  In fact some of it was not even available in embryonic or early state.

The first steps are always surface geology, and those techniques have been well understood since at least the 1970's (earlier techniques were hampered by the lack of a whole earth model utilizing plate tectonics) 

The next step is a basin model for large scale geostratigraphy utilizing 2d seismic techniques and shallow boreholes.  2d seismic has been around for a long time, but the sensors and computer systems required to gather and analyze the data in a coherent way by modern standards did not finish getting developed until the mid 1990's when computers finally had sufficient power to use all the data which was gathered.  2d seismic data gathered before this time is considered to be of such poor quality by modern standards that if you want to do an assessment, you have to start over with gathering fresh data and doing a new analysis.  

The key for oil exploration in the modern day is high resolution 3d seismic, with highly quality data interpretation produced through very powerful computer systems. The capacity to do this did not exist until the mid 2000's.  A critical feature of being able to gather seismic data is the ability to image below salt layers and unconformities.  This didn't really exist until the late 2000's and is still being developed today.  

Development of seismic imaging techniques

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1365-2117.2005.00252.x

The next step is to drill some wells, and here the critical parameters are log data and interpretation.  Traditionally wells were drilled,  THEN logged, but a massive advance was the introduction of logging while drilling systems.  Not only did these allow data to be captured immediatly instead of after everything was done, but they allow full data capture from uphole sections of the well which normal logging conducted after the drilling is completed cannot achieve.  This is critical to exploration success because all the data can be integrated with the basin scale geostratigraphy and 3d seismic to fill in the details and calibrate the models.  Once again this is very processor intensive, and cannot be done without high speed computers, which didn't exist yet in 1980.  The tools themselves had a VERY long development process running from the 1960's to the late 1980's.  It wasn't until the early 1990's that they were available for use on a regular basis, and even then they were extremely expensive. It took until the mid 2000's that they were low enough cost to use on a regular basis.  

TLDR:  Most of the modern tools used for the assessment of oil and gas didn't exist until the late 1990's and in some cases another 10 years after that.  Any assessment or exploration performed prior to the late 1990s' is so vague and unreliable by modern standards that it will have to be conducted again using modern tools and techniques before it can be used.  

I read a fascinating article a few years ago about drilling in old fields. Fracking has advanced since then, imaging has advanced since then and lastly the power of computers to handle increasing mountains of data. I don’t follow this stuff but to me the implications seem to have a lot of potential. I had read about large fields where maybe they could only get to 30% of the oil. As tech advances I would guess many of the old fields will become viable one again.

Many miss on just how fracking has changed since 2003-2005. Seems like it caught a gear around 2012-2015. The Permian was less than 100 per day well avg. Today they drill 4+ wells and successfully drain an entire area. Several thousand barrels per day in a good spot. Simply amazing.

If I were to guess a long sustained high price period would push the tech one more time and unlock a bunch of missed oil. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Well ok....

Good luck getting a state rebate on your new electric car

“How is the average person supposed to do all this?” Dudley said. Low-income potential buyers can’t afford to postpone rebates, he said: “Waiting four to six months after purchasing a new EV is untenable for many people.”

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-07-23/good-luck-getting-a-state-rebate-on-your-new-electric-car

And what is that supposed to be relevant to?

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

And what is that supposed to be relevant to?

The coming Green Tsunami...maybe just good humor.

I guess I could illustrate the abject failure of Green Energy in the EU... yet right now this failure has caused a crisis in Europe of untold proportions.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open