JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

That is not the question, the question is about used vehicles markets, where the EVs do not exist.

EVs are about less than 1% of vehicle markets, not worth the ink you are spilling over it.

No, the question I asked was about the new vehicle market. You know, the market that matters. The used car market is just a derivative.

Ford plans to produce 2 million EVs annually, generate 10% operating profit by 2026

PUBLISHED WED, MAR 2 20229:21 AM ESTUPDATED THU, MAR 3 20227:33 AM EST
SHAREShare Article via FacebookShare Article via TwitterShare Article via LinkedInShare Article via Email
KEY POINTS
  • Ford plans to produce more than 2 million electric vehicles annually and generate a 10% adjusted operating profit margin by 2026.
  • Both targets would be substantial increases from the company’s current operations.
  • Ford and other major automakers are racing to create production capacity for EVs to meet what’s expected to be rapid adoption in the emerging segment this decade.

In this article

Ford has started initial pre-production of its electric F-150 Lightning pickup truck at a new plant in Dearborn, Mich.

Ford has started initial pre-production of its electric F-150 Lightning pickup truck at a new plant in Dearborn, Mich.
Michael Wayland | CNBC

Ford Motor plans to produce more than 2 million electric vehicles annually and generate a 10% adjusted operating profit margin by 2026, the company announced Wednesday as part of a larger restructuring of its EV and legacy businesses.

Both targets would be substantial increases from the company’s current operations. Ford reported a 7.3% adjusted operating profit in 2021. It only sold roughly 64,000 of its all-electric Mustang Mach E crossovers globally in 2021, including 27,140 in the U.S.

Ford’s restructuring plan includes reorganizing operations to separate its electric and internal combustion engine, or ICE, businesses into different units within the automaker.

The plans were lauded by investors, sending shares of the automaker up 8.4% on Wednesday to $18.10 a share. Ford’s stock is down about 13% this year.

“We applaud Ford’s decision to take the first important step to optimize the competing missions of the EV/ICE businesses,” Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas said Wednesday in an investor note. “In our opinion, other legacy auto OEMs may be planning something similar. Ford leads the world in actually announcing it.”

Ford plans to produce 2 million EVs annually, generate 10% operating profit by 2026

PUBLISHED WED, MAR 2 20229:21 AM ESTUPDATED THU, MAR 3 20227:33 AM EST
SHAREShare Article via FacebookShare Article via TwitterShare Article via LinkedInShare Article via Email
KEY POINTS
  • Ford plans to produce more than 2 million electric vehicles annually and generate a 10% adjusted operating profit margin by 2026.
  • Both targets would be substantial increases from the company’s current operations.
  • Ford and other major automakers are racing to create production capacity for EVs to meet what’s expected to be rapid adoption in the emerging segment this decade.

In this article

Michael Wayland | CNBC

Ford Motor plans to produce more than 2 million electric vehicles annually and generate a 10% adjusted operating profit margin by 2026, the company announced Wednesday as part of a larger restructuring of its EV and legacy businesses.

Both targets would be substantial increases from the company’s current operations. Ford reported a 7.3% adjusted operating profit in 2021. It only sold roughly 64,000 of its all-electric Mustang Mach E crossovers globally in 2021, including 27,140 in the U.S.

Ford’s restructuring plan includes reorganizing operations to separate its electric and internal combustion engine, or ICE, businesses into different units within the automaker.

The plans were lauded by investors, sending shares of the automaker up 8.4% on Wednesday to $18.10 a share. Ford’s stock is down about 13% this year.

“We applaud Ford’s decision to take the first important step to optimize the competing missions of the EV/ICE businesses,” Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas said Wednesday in an investor note. “In our opinion, other legacy auto OEMs may be planning something similar. Ford leads the world in actually announcing it.”

• Like 1

GM Hopes to Deliver 400,000 EVs in North America by 2024

CEO Mary Barra presented the ambitious goal and announced a third electric truck factory to investors on Tuesday.

FEB 3, 2022

2022 gmc hummer ev

GMC
  • General Motors CEO Mary Barra told investors Tuesday that GM plans to deliver 400,000 EVs by the end of 2023, according to Automotive News.
  • Barra also said that GM will build a third electric truck factory to supplement Factory Zero and the Orion assembly plant, which will be converted to build the Silverado EV.
  • GM sold fewer than 25,000 EVs last year but plans to launch several electric models in the next two years.

Nearly every automaker has made bold promises about the number of electric vehicles they will introduce in the coming decade, but their ambitious plans ultimately depend on Americans actually buying EVs over gas-powered cars. Electrified vehicles—including plug-in and traditional hybrid vehicles—still made up less than 10 percent of overall car sales in the United States in 2021. Nonetheless, General Motors CEO Mary Barra announced Tuesday that GM aims to deliver 400,000 EVs in North America by the end of 2023, as reported by Automotive News.

2024 chevrolet silverado ev

CAR AND DRIVER

To help meet this lofty goal, GM plans to release 20 EVs in the United States through 2025, with 10 additional EVs for global markets. GM announced last week that it would convert the Orion assembly plant, which currently makes the Chevy Bolt EV and EUV, to build the Chevy Silverado EV and its yet-to-be-revealed GMC Sierra counterpart. The Factory Zero plant in Detroit is already building the GMC Hummer EV, and Barra said Tuesday that it will add a third factory dedicated to electric trucks. A planned facility in Lansing, Michigan, will construct the Ultium battery that is set to underpin many of GM's upcoming EVs.

Barra said that these investments will result in more than a million units of EV capacity—including 600,000 full-size trucks—in North America by the end of 2025. Last year, GM sold fewer than 25,000 EVs in the U.S.—24,828 Bolt EV and EUVs were delivered, while just one Hummer EV reached a customer. 

On 3/7/2022 at 2:48 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

Demand for used EVs exceeds supply. The number 1,2,4 and 7 in demand used cars in the US are PEV

You made this claim but your chart is talking about something else entirely. When you say that the demand for used EV's exceeds supply, you're not actually saying anything about the demand for EV's as opposed to ICE's. You're running in another direction.

You should have figured that I was going to ask the following, and I now will: Does the demand for used EV's vastly outweigh the demand for used ICE's? 

31 minutes ago, notsonice said:

Electrified vehicles—including plug-in and traditional hybrid vehicles—still made up less than 10 percent of overall car sales in the United States in 2021.

Did you read this part of what you just posted? Or did you frantically search for sensational news before posting without a second guess? 

• Haha 1

(edited)

The decision to buy an EV is a function of car cost, recharge cost, and maintenance, before we begin to discuss more elusive variables like convenience (IE recharging time) or the feeling of satisfaction that some knuckleheads feel when they think they're saving the planet. All of these have lower limits for price reduction. Some people need to figure out how well these lower limits size up to the associated costs of an ICE. 

Edited by KeyboardWarrior

3 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

Did you read this part of what you just posted? Or did you frantically search for sensational news before posting without a second guess? 

If you were to research EV deployment in most of the EU you would find the govt and local corporations make up the entire EV market.  At the same time ICE vehicle production is down...not be made by over 80%. Jay is a character like none I have ever met....

EV's are taking the world by storm...LMAO what a character.

Just now, Eyes Wide Open said:

If you were to research EV deployment in most of the EU you would find the govt and local corporations make up the entire EV market.  At the same time ICE vehicle production is down...not be made by over 80%. Jay is a character like none I have ever met....

EV's are taking the world by storm...LMAO what a character.

He was saying that three years ago and I've yet to spot more than three of these pieces in all of my travels. Go figure. 

(edited)

2 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

He was saying that three years ago and I've yet to spot more than three of these pieces in all of my travels. Go figure. 

Caption Chaos! EV's Arise!

1aQw.gif

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Caption Chaos! EV's Arise!

1aQw.gif

I suppose Skeletor represents the V10 gasoline that I'm driving to college each day. 

(edited)

16 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

2021 is in the rear view mirror. Hey , slow people live in the past.........

Rome was not built in a day........

EV sales in 2025 in the US....how many units...... can you say in the ballbark of 5 Million out of 16 million??? 2030......... 10 million out of 16 million maybe more........2035 ???100 percent ????? good luck with your living in the past

Yep I read what I posted and if you think 2021 sales of EV's is a peak year.....then you really are not too  smart.

Edited by notsonice

Just now, notsonice said:

2021 is in the rear view mirror. Hey , slow people live in the past.........

Rome was not built in a day........

EV sales in 2025 in the US....how many units...... can you say in the ballbark of 5 Million out of 16 million??? 2030......... 10 million out of 16 million maybe more........2035 ???100 percent ????? good luck with your living in the past

Yeo I read what I posted and if you think 2021 sales of EV's is a peak year.....then you really are not too  smart.

Yea I don't trust the predictions made by randoms on the internet, especially when some people were touting "peak oil" in 2020. 

2 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

I suppose Skeletor represents the V10 gasoline that I'm driving to college each day. 

You nailed it, I can't tell you why that cartoon figure popped into my thoughts...yet watching Jay it was just there....Ive raised 4 kids, somethings one just does not forget.

1 minute ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

Yea I don't trust the predictions made by randoms on the internet, especially when some people were touting "peak oil" in 2020. 

I do not pay much attention to those in college.....I find that they know nothing.

I do not pay much attention to those in college.....I find that they know nothing.

A degree in chemical engineering isn't like your degree in gender studies. We're a bit more refined than that. 

Just now, Eyes Wide Open said:

You nailed it, I can't tell you why that cartoon figure popped into my thoughts...yet watching Jay it was just there....Ive raised 4 kids, somethings one just does not forget.

Does raising 4 kids influence the EV market???? just worthless thoughts popping into your head

(edited)

4 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

A degree in chemical engineering isn't like your degree in gender studies. We're a bit more refined than that. 

you got your degree???? let me guess ....No  I already have 3 engineering degrees.......Last one in Electrochem........you do know what Electrochemistry is all about????? Do you even know what gender you are??? my bet is no.......When you get your first degree and work for 30 years as an engineer...please come back and post here...Until then, shove off loser

Edited by notsonice

1 minute ago, notsonice said:

you got your degree???? let me guess ....No  I already have 3 engineering degrees.......Last one in Electrochem........you do know what Electrochemistry is all about????? Do you even know what gender you are??? my bet is no.......When you get your first degree and work for 30 years as an engineer...please come back and post here...Until shove off loser

Nope second year. I actually did quite a bit of lab work with electrochem. It's definitely overhyped at the moment where hydrogen is concerned. 

Just now, KeyboardWarrior said:

Nope second year. I actually did quite a bit of lab work with electrochem. It's definitely overhyped at the moment where hydrogen is concerned. 

second year.....oh boy......... good luck 

second year.....oh boy......... good luck 

Doing great so far! What's the matter? Afraid I'll take your job? 

Just now, KeyboardWarrior said:

You made this claim but your chart is talking about something else entirely. When you say that the demand for used EV's exceeds supply, you're not actually saying anything about the demand for EV's as opposed to ICE's. You're running in another direction.

You should have figured that I was going to ask the following, and I now will: Does the demand for used EV's vastly outweigh the demand for used ICE's? 

No, the chart is talking about exactly what I claimed.

I think you need a refresher on the definition of demand:

Demand is an economic principle referring to a consumer's desire to purchase goods and services and willingness to pay a price for a specific good or servicehttps://www.google.com/search?q=economic+definition+of+demand&rlz=1CAKDZI_enUS913US913&oq=economic+definit&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0i433i512j69i57j0i512l7.7486j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Demand is not determined by the number of transactions. A customer may have highest demand for a product not in supply and fall back to what is in supply.

The absorption rate (aka fastest selling, time on market) is an extremely important indicator for demand. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

No, the chart is talking about exactly what I claimed.

I think you need a refresher on the definition of demand:

Demand is an economic principle referring to a consumer's desire to purchase goods and services and willingness to pay a price for a specific good or servicehttps://www.google.com/search?q=economic+definition+of+demand&rlz=1CAKDZI_enUS913US913&oq=economic+definit&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0i433i512j69i57j0i512l7.7486j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Demand is not determined by the number of transactions. A customer may have highest demand for a product not in supply and fall back to what is in supply.

The absorption rate (aka fastest selling, time on market) is an extremely important indicator for demand. 

You're saying the supply isn't keeping up with your theoretical demand. What is your figure for the demand? 

15 minutes ago, notsonice said:

Does raising 4 kids influence the EV market???? just worthless thoughts popping into your head

Speaking of kids...and yes the EV fanatics remind me very much of the teenage yrs...Also known as Teenybopper's 

1 minute ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

Doing great so far! What's the matter? Afraid I'll take your job? 

sophomore... good luck ........Take my job???? good luck you will need more than an undergrad degree....and  30 years experience....... 

You are already arrogant and you are only on your second year... You do not worry me one bit........ You do know that 2 out of every 3 students in engineering never get their engineering degrees.......PS arrogance does not get you anywhere in the business

34 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior said:

2nd year engineering? Have you even taken introduction to economics?

All industry investment is going into EV production which tells you about the future.

Here is what the historical PEV growth curve looks like:

Figure 3 PEV Sales Share of New Vehicle Sales