JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

11 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Stop putting fossil fuels into your gas tank, notsonice, that would be a good start. 

How much you burning these days???? I bet you love paying $5 a gallon. What is a tankful cost you? $90 or $100 every couple of days???. Enjoy it...I love the thought that you spend 5 to 10 times for gas every month than I do......

Please tell us  how much gas you burn every month......I bet it is a hell of a lot more than charging an EV.

PS, Keep up the good work talking about $100 oil, it helps reinforce into everyone here why they should scrap their ICE vehicles in good time. 

Edited by notsonice

11 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Oil prices remain bullish going forward, despite high prices.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/JPMorgan-Slashes-Demand-Outlook-Amid-Soaring-Oil-Prices.html

"JP Morgan revised its forecast for oil demand this year down by 1 million barrels daily, citing high oil prices.

Per a report by Reuters, the bank meanwhile left unchanged its price forecast for Brent crude at $114 per barrel during the current quarter, and $104 per barrel for the year.

However, if another million barrels daily disappear from global supply, the bank added, Brent crude could add another $18 to $35 per barrel above its price target.

BP’s CEO Bernard Looney said earlier this week Russia had already lost 1 million bpd in output and could lose another one this month."

forecast for Brent crude at $114 per barrel during the current quarter, and $104 per barrel for the year.???

love it when you are making a case for EVs....

Musk should hire you.

Drove into work today in my hybrid that I charged for free at work yesterday so it didnt cost me 1 penny.

Thats pretty good when you consider that petrol (gas) is $9.00/gallon in the UK!!!

My car is a company leased vehicle that the company insist you MUST have either a hybrid or a full EV so no choice. It does save on tax also.

I do like that it saves me money and that it doesnt pollute the suburbs when kids are walking to school, but I dont like the fact I cant choose an ICE vehicle if I wanted to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Drove into work today in my hybrid that I charged for free at work yesterday so it didnt cost me 1 penny.

Thats pretty good when you consider that petrol (gas) is $9.00/gallon in the UK!!!

My car is a company leased vehicle that the company insist you MUST have either a hybrid or a full EV so no choice. It does save on tax also.

I do like that it saves me money and that it doesnt pollute the suburbs when kids are walking to school, but I dont like the fact I cant choose an ICE vehicle if I wanted to.

No one is forcing you to drive a company leased vehicle. You sound pretty ridiculous complaining that a private entity providing you with a free car actually places some limitations on what they will provide. Poor Rob.

51 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

No one is forcing you to drive a company leased vehicle. You sound pretty ridiculous complaining that a private entity providing you with a free car actually places some limitations on what they will provide. Poor Rob.

Not as ridiculous as you sound Jay!

Why would I ever refuse a company vehicle when it is part of my emlployment package?? I resent the fact that I am no longer able to choose in my pay scale which type of car I can have, which used to be the case. Just because of all this climate change BS! The cars are on a 3 year lease and it would take at least that to get back to parity on Co2 with an ICE vehicle due to the amount of Co2 it takes to make the battery in the first place, imbeciles dont know what they are doing!

Do people in the US refuse health care that is provided by their employer as part of their package? Bloody morons if they do! maybe thats you though Jay?

"Poor Rob."  Jay thats one thing I'm not!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

They are all at or above the 45 year average and best fit line. They certainly are trending up.

Trend is the key. The new science predicts a cooling trend to commence.

6 hours ago, Boat said:

You and your numbers, lol. So how many new cars are sold every year? That number times three seems a bit short of the total. How about that Mongolian coal? Is it in China yet? Can I buy a piece?

Why don't you fill up your gas tank with fossil fuels and drive away?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, notsonice said:

How much you burning these days???? I bet you love paying $5 a gallon. What is a tankful cost you? $90 or $100 every couple of days???. Enjoy it...I love the thought that you spend 5 to 10 times for gas every month than I do......

Please tell us  how much gas you burn every month......I bet it is a hell of a lot more than charging an EV.

PS, Keep up the good work talking about $100 oil, it helps reinforce into everyone here why they should scrap their ICE vehicles in good time. 

Why do you spend so much money on your internal combustion engine? Show us where your heart is and go Green....no? You are still devoted to fossil fuel vehicles?

5 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Not as ridiculous as you sound Jay!

Why would I ever refuse a company vehicle when it is part of my emlployment package?? I resent the fact that I am no longer able to choose in my pay scale which type of car I can have, which used to be the case. Just because of all this climate change BS! The cars are on a 3 year lease and it would take at least that to get back to parity on Co2 with an ICE vehicle due to the amount of Co2 it takes to make the battery in the first place, imbeciles dont know what they are doing!

Do people in the US refuse health care that is provided by their employer as part of their package? Bloody morons if they do! maybe thats you though Jay?

"Poor Rob."  Jay thats one thing I'm not!

Actually it only takes about a year to cover the CO2 debt (keeps decreasing as the grid gets greener)  and your car will stay in operation for 20 years. I just love how you can't comprehend that someone buys and uses your used car. 

17 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I just love how you can't comprehend that someone buys and uses your used car. 

what are you babbling on about?

Of course someone will buy it when the lease expires, duh!

(edited)

45 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

what are you babbling on about?

Of course someone will buy it when the lease expires, duh!

I guess you forgot writing "The cars are on a 3 year lease and it would take at least that to get back to parity on Co2 with an ICE vehicle due to the amount of Co2 it takes to make the battery in the first place, imbeciles dont know what they are doing!"

What they are doing is dramatically decreasing the amount of CO2 due to that car.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

Why do you spend so much money on your internal combustion engine? Show us where your heart is and go Green....no? You are still devoted to fossil fuel vehicles?

spend so much??? I bet you cuss and swear every time you fill up. $100 at a time???? You are such a big fan of fossil fuels. From your posts it seams that you love filling up. How much you burning a week $200 ???? You keep posting on how oil is over $100 a barrel as if you  love it. Enjoy your gas hog.

29 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I guess you forgot writing "The cars are on a 3 year lease and it would take at least that to get back to parity on Co2 with an ICE vehicle due to the amount of Co2 it takes to make the battery in the first place, imbeciles dont know what they are doing!"

What they are doing is dramatically decreasing the amount of CO2 due to that car.

Jay are you on crack?

I was making the point that our company car policy is for hybrids and Ev's only over a 3 year lease in order to reduce Co2 when in actual fact it takes approx 3-4 years driving an EV to get to parity on Co2 emissions with an ICE because of the Co2 to make the battery (1 year is bollox by the way). So the policy is flawed as they wont save Co2! Where did I say you cant sell the car? the car goes back to the lease company after 3 years and they sell it to Joe public obviously.

You said this "I just love how you can't comprehend that someone buys and uses your used car. 

Yes obviosly over the lifespan of the car it saves Co2 but that was not my point was it!

Anyway are you still driving your ICE vehicle?  Man I bet youre really pissed with gas prices right about now! Enjoy!

• Haha 1

(edited)

20 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Jay are you on crack?

I was making the point that our company car policy is for hybrids and Ev's only over a 3 year lease in order to reduce Co2 when in actual fact it takes approx 3-4 years driving an EV to get to parity on Co2 emissions with an ICE because of the Co2 to make the battery (1 year is bollox by the way). So the policy is flawed as they wont save Co2! Where did I say you cant sell the car? the car goes back to the lease company after 3 years and they sell it to Joe public obviously.

You said this "I just love how you can't comprehend that someone buys and uses your used car. 

Yes obviosly over the lifespan of the car it saves Co2 but that was not my point was it!

Anyway are you still driving your ICE vehicle?  Man I bet youre really pissed with gas prices right about now! Enjoy!

Your company policy increases the number of EVs relative to ICE in the fleet which reduces overall CO2. It is irrelevant if the CO2 reduction occurs during the lease period. You were making an asinine point.

No, it takes about a year or less:

In 2019, the average car in the UK drove 7,400 miles https://www.themoneyedit.com/insurance/car-insurance/what-is-a-typical-annual-mileage-for-car-drivers-in-the-uk#:~:text=Typical average annual mileage for cars in the UK&text=In 2019%2C the average car,year on average per car.

ICCT’s analysis, shared with i, reveals that this ‘carbon debt’ can be made up after 7,061 miles of driving an electric vehicle in the UK. https://inews.co.uk/news/electric-cars-are-less-green-to-make-than-petrol-but-make-up-for-it-in-less-than-a-year-new-analysis-reveals-1358315

The manufacturing process of Model 3 and Model Y currently results in slightly higher GHG emissions than an equivalent combustion engine vehicle. However, based on the global weighted average grid mix, Model 3 and Model Y have lower lifetime emissions than an equivalent ICE after driving 6,500 miles.

https://www.tesla.com/ns_videos/2021-tesla-impact-report.pdf

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

34 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

ICCT’s analysis, shared with i, reveals that this ‘carbon debt’ can be made up

LMAO.. Carbon Debt!

157123602_1210636909334562_3626583155154945624_n.jpg

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Haha 1

(edited)

10 hours ago, notsonice said:

Wheat and corn are next. Because we in the US are oversupplied with these products we should pretend we are short on these products and overpay. Land of the free, put America first but pay out the #ss on products we export. Anybody besides me see the warped corporate first policies here? Nat Gas going to $8. I would give them $3 or send them to become Russian tank commander. Oil $113, $60 max and out of that they plug the hundreds of thousands of leaking wells. I need to teach some learning and get some woke up in here. Lol

Edited by Boat

2 hours ago, Boat said:

Wheat and corn are next. Because we in the US are oversupplied with these products we should pretend we are short on these products and overpay. Land of the free, put America first but pay out the #ss on products we export. Anybody besides me see the warped corporate first policies here? Nat Gas going to $8. I would give them $3 or send them to become Russian tank commander. Oil $113, $60 max and out of that they plug the hundreds of thousands of leaking wells. I need to teach some learning and get some woke up in here. Lol

Oil $113, $60 max and out of that they plug the hundreds of thousands of leaking wells.?????? your talking like a communist when you think that prices for anything should be fixed. Yes the oil industry should pay 100 percent for all the well cleanups. On my end, I do no like the high price of oil or nat gas so I just work to reduce my needs for either of them. As far as food? We try not to waste food and we plant a garden ever year. Just rototilled the garden yesterday and getting ready to plant (for ecochump...the rototiller is electric not gas powered). I am expecting a bumper crop of Tomatoes  and Onions . Just planted 4 grapevines and expect lots of grapes in 4 or 5 years.

20 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Jay are you on crack?

Unless you can prove that ALL the leased vehicles are scrapped at the end of the 3 year leasing program, you haven't made any statement of note here.  The CO2 savings is over the entire life of the vehicle, not over the life of the lease. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/6/2022 at 10:49 AM, Jay McKinsey said:

Actually it only takes about a year to cover the CO2 debt (keeps decreasing as the grid gets greener)  and your car will stay in operation for 20 years. I just love how you can't comprehend that someone buys and uses your used car. 

Why should we care about the "CO2 debt"?  The studies show that CO2 is antiphasal to earth temperature, why should we reduce a moderating influence on climate change?

Really, Jay, you and logic are complete strangers to one another.

On 5/6/2022 at 12:02 PM, notsonice said:

spend so much??? I bet you cuss and swear every time you fill up. $100 at a time???? You are such a big fan of fossil fuels. From your posts it seams that you love filling up. How much you burning a week $200 ???? You keep posting on how oil is over $100 a barrel as if you  love it. Enjoy your gas hog.

The point is that you are still wedded to fossil fuels to transport yourself around, so obviously you do not believe that CO2 is a problem.

On 5/6/2022 at 12:43 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

Your company policy increases the number of EVs relative to ICE in the fleet which reduces overall CO2. It is irrelevant if the CO2 reduction occurs during the lease period. You were making an asinine point.

No, it takes about a year or less:

In 2019, the average car in the UK drove 7,400 miles https://www.themoneyedit.com/insurance/car-insurance/what-is-a-typical-annual-mileage-for-car-drivers-in-the-uk#:~:text=Typical average annual mileage for cars in the UK&text=In 2019%2C the average car,year on average per car.

ICCT’s analysis, shared with i, reveals that this ‘carbon debt’ can be made up after 7,061 miles of driving an electric vehicle in the UK. https://inews.co.uk/news/electric-cars-are-less-green-to-make-than-petrol-but-make-up-for-it-in-less-than-a-year-new-analysis-reveals-1358315

The manufacturing process of Model 3 and Model Y currently results in slightly higher GHG emissions than an equivalent combustion engine vehicle. However, based on the global weighted average grid mix, Model 3 and Model Y have lower lifetime emissions than an equivalent ICE after driving 6,500 miles.

https://www.tesla.com/ns_videos/2021-tesla-impact-report.pdf

Partial analysis again? Sounds like it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Why should we care about the "CO2 debt"?  The studies show that CO2 is antiphasal to earth temperature, why should we reduce a moderating influence on climate change?

Really, Jay, you and logic are complete strangers to one another.

No, the opposite.

image.thumb.png.315a8ddd6fa90a40b051e61870f284d2.png

https://www.carbonbrief.org/explainer-how-the-rise-and-fall-of-co2-levels-influenced-the-ice-ages#:~:text=While there is a clear,temperatures increased by around 4C.

10 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Partial analysis again? Sounds like it.

Complete analysis. 

7 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

The point is that you are still wedded to fossil fuels to transport yourself around, so obviously you do not believe that CO2 is a problem.

I am in the divorce stage. I was born into the fossil fuel age..... and will part life in the renewable age. I have no love at all for Gas vehicles ever.......Hated commuting (so I quit working for others and work from home) and Hate driving long distances. At least I know better that divorce is a better option than living in misery and smog. Yes CO2 is a problem. I have reduced my use of my SUV to a minimum (is 4000 miles a year alot for you)??? Please share with us how much you love to drive and tank up at $4 a gallon gas. I  will transition to an ev in the next few years...still waiting for a Ford SUV EV/hybrid all wheel drive....If they do not come out with one soon we will have to shop for outside of Ford. IE 2022 VW ID.4 ELECTRIC SUV......Price is not bad at $40,000 not including any subsidies or tax credits.... They just are now coming off the production line..........That said, I like to buy American (which includes American engineering) 

Rome was not built in a day and the transition to renewable does not happen overnight. And you?? still loving $100 oil....enjoy 

(edited)

Green Car Reports

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1133298_first-vw-id-4-electric-rts in 2022

STEPHEN EDELSTEIN AUGUST 20, 2021
View Gallery

The first Volkswagen ID.4 electric car has rolled off the production line at the automaker's Chattanooga, Tennessee, factory, VW Group of America CEO Scott Keogh announced Thursday in a LinkedIn post. Mass production doesn't start until next year, however.

Finished in Glacier White Metallic, the first completed car is a validation build used to test out the assembly process and all related components. This is standard procedure for automakers ramping up production of a new model, and in this case could span more than 200 vehicles. Validation builds are not sold to the public, and are generally scrapped once they've served their purpose.

The ID.4 launched in the United States earlier this year, but vehicles sold so far have been sourced from Zwickau, Germany. U.S. production has been part of the plan for some time, as VW looks to achieve ambitious sales targets.

The company intends to ramp up production and sales to a mass-market level—seeing the rivals not as other EVs but at the popular Toyota RAV4 and Honda CR-V crossovers.

As VW confirmed with the initial rollout of the ID.4, the U.S.-built version will include a base model that starts at about $36,000 including destination, as well as an all-wheel drive variant.

It's said VW aims to sell 500,000 ID.4s annually, globally, by 2025. That's a third of the 1.5 million electrified vehicles the company aims to be producing annually by that point.

The Audi Q4 E-Tron is closely related to the ID.4, although so far there's no plan to make that model in Tennessee. Both crossovers share the VW MEB platform with the ID.3 hatchback and numerous other planned models for global markets.

VW plans to make a second EV model at Chattanooga, according to earlier documents. That had been previously anticipated to be the Microbus-inspired ID.Buzz, but that model will be exported to the U.S. from Germany.

Edited by notsonice
  • Like 1