JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

On 5/5/2022 at 12:52 AM, Jay McKinsey said:

As you refuse to understand, rising ocean levels are not yet a serious problem, they will be in the not too distant future though if we don't curb greenhouse gas emissions. When rising ocean levels are a problem it will be too late to stop it.

What you refuse to acknowledge is that Asia, Africa, and the rest of the Third World will decide when coal, oil, and natural gas can be abandoned and capital can be found to fulfill the green dreams. I hope that can be a priority but it is not a high priority right now because the whole world is now forced to decrease use of Russian energy because of its aggressive and dangerous warfare against innocents in Syria, Georgia, Ukraine and elsewhere. Russia is a crazy bear that must be enclosed within its own borders and never let out again. It must be neutralized wherever it attacks. I do not speak against the Russian people as a whole. Not all Germans were Nazi fascists and Russians are not all fascist aggressors but, like Germany, too many citizens are afraid to speak out against the great dictator and oppose him. If they persist they will suffer economically though not brutally as they have treated the freedom loving Ukrainian people. I don't think that the Belarusians  will ever voluntarily side with Russia against Ukraine. The Stans see the flaws in the Russian military as does every other nation. Putin has shown that he is able to destroy cities and towns from afar, but not to control freedom loving people. Mongolians see this also. 

All nations threatened by Russian aggression must see that the people are well armed and trained to protect themselves from aggression and avoid being manipulated by Russia or China or between the Dragon and the Bear. 

The citizens of Europe should realize that they should not allow any of their leaders to ever become a Hitler, Stalin, Putin, or XI. All people should insist on freedom to be free thinking and acting people based on strong systems that respect the autonomy of individuals while also maximizing cooperation toward agreeable national and international goals without globalist directives from on high. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:

What you refuse to acknowledge is that Asia, Africa, and the rest of the Third World will decide when coal, oil, and natural gas can be abandoned and capital can be found to fulfill the green dreams. I hope that can be a priority but it is not a high priority right now because the whole world is now forced to decrease use of Russian energy because of its aggressive and dangerous warfare against innocents in Syria, Georgia, Ukraine and elsewhere. Russia is a crazy bear that must be enclosed within its own borders and never let out again. It must be neutralized wherever it attacks. I do not speak against the Russian people as a whole. Not all Germans were Nazi fascists and Russians are not all fascist aggressors but, like Germany, too many citizens are afraid to speak out against the great dictator and oppose him. If they persist they will suffer economically though not brutally as they have treated the freedom loving Ukrainian people. I don't think that the Belarusians  will ever voluntarily side with Russia against Ukraine. The Stans see the flaws in the Russian military as does every other nation. Putin has shown that he is able to destroy cities and towns from afar, but not to control freedom loving people. Mongolians see this also. 

All nations threatened by Russian aggression must see that the people are well armed and trained to protect themselves from aggression and avoid being manipulated by Russia or China or between the Dragon and the Bear. 

The citizens of Europe should realize that they should not allow any of their leaders to ever become a Hitler, Stalin, Putin, or XI. All people should insist on freedom to be free thinking and acting people based on strong systems that respect the autonomy of individuals while also maximizing cooperation toward agreeable national and international goals without globalist directives from on high. 

Decreasing use of Russian energy means that other resources must be developed as a high priority. Those new resources are going to involve a lot of renewable energy as a high priority especially considering how it is the lowest cost energy.

Bombed out buildings do provide opportunities. Triple pane windows and foam insulation. That’s one way to cut energy use. Hope they are smart enough to get-er-done. 

(edited)

23 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Well, Jay, here is the title of one of the studies linked in the PR release you gave us,

"Antarctic temperature and CO2: near-synchrony yet variable phasing during the last deglaciation"

"Yet Variable Phasing", so the phasing is an issue as in the other studies I linked for you.

And another of your links states,

"The values of a temperature proxy, the hydrogen isotopic composition (δD), in the Antarctic EDC ice core1,2 have varied in parallel with CO2 concentrations over the past 800 thousand years (kyr; r2 = 0.82)3. However, δD apparently leads CO2 variations. For example, during the last termination (TI), the start of Antarctic warming has been estimated to be synchronous with CO2 increase4 or to lead CO2 increases by 800 ± 600 years5 on the East Antarctic Plateau. The lead is ca. 2000 years at a West Antarctic site6. Over the past 420 kyr, the Vostok ice core shows that the Antarctic δD temperatures lead the CO2 variations by 1.3 ± 1.0 kyr7. During the lukewarm interglacials (430–650 kyr BP), Antarctic δD leads CO2 by 1900 years, and the correlation between CO2 and δD is weaker (r2 = 0.57), as determined from the EDC core8."

So this complicates finding the direction of causation in these models.

Further, these models do not include solar cycle data, which creates a model specification problem and introduces bias into the coefficients.

Using a random sample size of 39 for a time span of many thousands of years is problematic, it is better to extract maximum and minimum points of long phases to see how the levels of CO2 correlate to temperature change at the extreme points. That was the methodology used by the studies I linked above. Those studies show a negative correlation between CO2 and earth temperature.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Decreasing use of Russian energy means that other resources must be developed as a high priority. Those new resources are going to involve a lot of renewable energy as a high priority especially considering how it is the lowest cost energy.

No, increased use of energy means more coal, more oil, more natural gas. That is what can be immediately accessed.

On 5/7/2022 at 9:07 AM, Eric Gagen said:

Unless you can prove that ALL the leased vehicles are scrapped at the end of the 3 year leasing program, you haven't made any statement of note here.  The CO2 savings is over the entire life of the vehicle, not over the life of the lease. 

Where is the used vehicle market for EVs? There is none, it doesn't exist. No one wants a second-hand EV which is about to need a major battery replacement. 

So what will be done with those EVs after their term has expired? No one wants them.

23 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Complete analysis. 

No, we need a complete analysis from the mining end to the energy usage at all stages.

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

No, increased use of energy means more coal, more oil, more natural gas. That is what can be immediately accessed.

Increased use of fossil fuels requires just as much time as increasing use of renewables and renewables are cheaper.

16 hours ago, notsonice said:

I am in the divorce stage. I was born into the fossil fuel age..... and will part life in the renewable age. I have no love at all for Gas vehicles ever.......Hated commuting (so I quit working for others and work from home) and Hate driving long distances. At least I know better that divorce is a better option than living in misery and smog. Yes CO2 is a problem. I have reduced my use of my SUV to a minimum (is 4000 miles a year alot for you)??? Please share with us how much you love to drive and tank up at $4 a gallon gas. I  will transition to an ev in the next few years...still waiting for a Ford SUV EV/hybrid all wheel drive....If they do not come out with one soon we will have to shop for outside of Ford. IE 2022 VW ID.4 ELECTRIC SUV......Price is not bad at $40,000 not including any subsidies or tax credits.... They just are now coming off the production line..........That said, I like to buy American (which includes American engineering) 

Rome was not built in a day and the transition to renewable does not happen overnight. And you?? still loving $100 oil....enjoy 

So you are still wedded to an internal combustion fossil fuel vehicle. Just as I thought, you have one of those high emission old SUV gas guzzlers, just as most of the mock-Green people do. 

You hope to transition? That is the favorite mantra of the Green agitators, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

13 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

No, we need a complete analysis from the mining end to the energy usage at all stages.

And that is what you got.

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Where is the used vehicle market for EVs? There is none, it doesn't exist. No one wants a second-hand EV which is about to need a major battery replacement. 

So what will be done with those EVs after their term has expired? No one wants them.

Yet.  

there is no market for used EV’s yet.

they are too new, just as there isn’t a large market let for used new generation ford Broncos.  People don’t sell their cars in year 1 or 2 after they buy them - they sell them in year 5 or 10.  

22 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I I think coal is the lowest cost, if environmental and health considerations are NOT considered. Asian leaders in power don't care, but many will be buying from Russia even if rerouting it through someone. I leave out the global warming threat right now because it is a relatively low priority IMHO. Elon Musk has said that we must use oil, gas, and nuclear right now, to send electricity to fuel his cars. Alarmism is taking a back seat in Europe to realism.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ron Wagner said:

I I think coal is the lowest cost, if environmental and health considerations are NOT considered. Asian leaders in power don't care, but many will be buying from Russia even if rerouting it through someone. I leave out the global warming threat right now because it is a relatively low priority IMHO. Elon Musk has said that we must use oil, gas, and nuclear right now, to send electricity to fuel his cars. Alarmism is taking a back seat in Europe to realism.  

Coal is certainly cheaper than natural gas but it is not even close to being the lowest cost. If Europe shuts down maritime insurance for Russian oil there will be no one buying from Russia except what China brings in by pipeline. Musk only acknowledged that in an emergency some short term adjustments were needed. The realism in Europe is that their primary domestic energy source is renewable thus it is at the highest priority for energy security. 

image.png.e6c80831ba889bf5d0368787f31b8116.png

On 5/4/2022 at 9:12 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

The new dataset was released today. You just don't understand how climate science is done.

At a Glance

• Climate averages for temperature and precipitation just changed in many U.S. locations.
  • Calculated every 10 years, temperature normals are warming due to climate change.
  • The new dataset covers the 1991 to 2020 period.

Climate averages for temperature and precipitation likely just changed where you live, and that's influenced by climate change.

The changes are a part of a once-per-decade update to climate normals that were released by NOAA on Tuesday.

Climate normals are more commonly known as your average temperature and precipitation for any given period of time, like a day, month or season. These so-called "normals" help put the actual temperature or precipitation into historical context relative to what you would expect in a given time.

More than 7,300 stations across the U.S. have normals data for temperature, NOAA says. Precipitation data is available for nearly 15,000 locations.

NOAA has now updated the normals data to include the most recent three-decade average: 1991 to 2020. For many locations, that means there is an overall increase in the average temperature when compared to the old 1981-2010 dataset because of global temperature rise, but there are some caveats.

The map below shows the annual average temperature change in the new 1991-2020 normals when compared to the previous dataset that covered the 1981-2010 period. Much of the Lower 48 has a warmer annual average temperature in the new normals, as depicted by the vast expanse of red shadings.

normals-temp-compare.jpeg?crop=16:9&widt

The temperature change, in degrees Fahrenheit, from the previous 30-year normals (1981-2010) to the latest version (1991-2020).

Jay, Ecocharger can't balance his own check book and he isn't legally blind like I am.  How do you expect him to understand  the statistical concepts like the difference between mean and median or standard deviation or least squares.

2 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

Ron  , not even close.  Neew mines have to dememthanize the beds like the  fields in Wyoming and then pay costs for flyash disposal ( one state only -https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-02/duke-to-save-1-5-billion-in-north-carolina-coal-ash-settlement )

That does not include coal mine closing costs.Mine closure planning https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mine_closure_planning

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 4:35 AM, Rob Plant said:

Not as ridiculous as you sound Jay!

Why would I ever refuse a company vehicle when it is part of my emlployment package?? I resent the fact that I am no longer able to choose in my pay scale which type of car I can have, which used to be the case. Just because of all this climate change BS! The cars are on a 3 year lease and it would take at least that to get back to parity on Co2 with an ICE vehicle due to the amount of Co2 it takes to make the battery in the first place, imbeciles dont know what they are doing!

Do people in the US refuse health care that is provided by their employer as part of their package? Bloody morons if they do! maybe thats you though Jay?

"Poor Rob."  Jay thats one thing I'm not!

I assume they 1099 you on the value of your non business use (like stopping for groceries or your  Saturday golf game.

6 hours ago, nsdp said:

Ron  , not even close.  Neew mines have to dememthanize the beds like the  fields in Wyoming and then pay costs for flyash disposal ( one state only -https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-02/duke-to-save-1-5-billion-in-north-carolina-coal-ash-settlement )

That does not include coal mine closing costs.Mine closure planning https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mine_closure_planning

He did say if environmental and health requirements aren't included, then you listed a series of environmental and health costs for mining operations.  

That said,  I'm not sure if it's true even excluding environmental and health costs.  Natural gas might still be cheaper,  and by the time you ship it to Europe (which doesn't have the ability to produce enough of either and relies on imports) the original cost of mining or drilling for the fuel is less important than the transport cost.  

• Like 1

Coming To A Theater Near You?

Now this will be a real $H@TT SHOW. Inflation driving disposable income towards extinction. Interest rates collapsing housing market's. Energy costs doubling...Only to be supported with renewable energy shortages

Grid operators warn of electricity shortage amid switch to renewables: Report

The issue is on the rise throughout the country as many traditional and nuclear power plants are being retired

https://netblogpro.com/us/grid-operators-warn-electricity-shortage-renewables

• Upvote 2

(edited)

China April coal imports soar, driven by panic orders in early March

BEIJING, May 9 (Reuters) - China's coal imports surged 43% in April from March, driven by panic buying over concerns of supply disruptions stemming from Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Reporting by Muyu Xu and Dominique Patton; Editing by Kenneth Maxwell and Tom Hogue

Every market around the world is trying to deal with the same issue," Brad Jones, the interim chief executive of the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, told WSJ. "We’re all trying to find ways to utilize as much of our renewable resources as possible…and at the same time make sure that we have enough dispatchable generation to manage reliability."

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

46 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Coming To A Theater Near You?

Now this will be a real $H@TT SHOW. Inflation driving disposable income towards extinction. Interest rates collapsing housing market's. Energy costs doubling...Only to be supported with renewable energy shortages

Grid operators warn of electricity shortage amid switch to renewables: Report

The issue is on the rise throughout the country as many traditional and nuclear power plants are being retired

https://netblogpro.com/us/grid-operators-warn-electricity-shortage-renewables

Yeah the fossil fuel industry is failing faster than renewables can get built. 

from the article:

"We need to make sure that we have sufficient new resources in place and operational before we let some of these retirements go," Mark Rothleder, the chief operating officer of the California Independent System Operator, told WSJ. "Otherwise, we are putting ourselves potentially at risk of having insufficient capacity."

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Eric Gagen said:

Yet.  

there is no market for used EV’s yet.

they are too new, just as there isn’t a large market let for used new generation ford Broncos.  People don’t sell their cars in year 1 or 2 after they buy them - they sell them in year 5 or 10.  

The problem of replacing the power plant for a used EV is endemic to the technology for the product, there is no escaping the problem.

That means that there will never be a significant used EV market.

12 hours ago, nsdp said:

Jay, Ecocharger can't balance his own check book and he isn't legally blind like I am.  How do you expect him to understand  the statistical concepts like the difference between mean and median or standard deviation or least squares.

I was just pointing out the obvious to someone who had not taken a stats course.

(edited)

44 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

from the article:

"We need to make sure that we have sufficient new resources in place and operational before we let some of these retirements go," Mark Rothleder, the chief operating officer of the California Independent System Operator, told WSJ. "Otherwise, we are putting ourselves potentially at risk of having insufficient capacity."

Mr.Mckinsey perhaps a stiff cup of coffee is order.

Failure x Failure x Failure only works in multiplication. Multiple negatives  creating a positive.

Failure + Failure + Failure would be a addition formula 

Below a elementary example.

Why is the Product of Negative Numbers Positive?

https://www.math.toronto.edu/mathnet/questionCorner/minustimesaminus.html#:~:text=The fact that the product,that positive number back again.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

43 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

from the article:

The point is, the failure to transition to renewables will always be explained as a short-term transition problem, even though the fossil fuel sector continues to grow beyond anything seen in the past.

Just a PR exercise only.