JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

10 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

The point is, the failure to transition to renewables will always be explained as a short-term transition problem, even though the fossil fuel sector continues to grow beyond anything seen in the past.

Just a PR exercise only.

The fossil fuel sector is not growing beyond anything seen in the past. You are just seeing Russia being replaced. 

Edited by Jay McKinsey

7 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

The point is, the failure to transition to renewables will always be explained as a short-term transition problem, even though the fossil fuel sector continues to grow beyond anything seen in the past.

Just a PR exercise only.

One will find reasoning with a environmental activists is a futile effort. Activists know well in advance any type of reasoning will bring a end to their cause.

Self preservation is a incredibly power defense mechanism. Engaging with a tree would be by far more productive.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

One will find reasoning with a environmental activists is a futile effort. Activists know well in advance any type of reasoning will bring a end to their cause.

Self preservation is a incredibly power defense mechanism. Engaging with a tree would be by far more productive.

oh boy it is only Monday morning and you are already babbling BS.....

You are engaging with Trees???? Guess you finally found a productive use in life.... Enjoy

Tesla significantly increases its battery recycling capacity, but only a few owner battery packs are coming back

Tesla batteries, including the battery packs in our vehicles and our energy storage products, are made to last many years, and therefore, we have received a limited number of them back from the field. Most batteries that Tesla recycles today are pre-consumer, coming to us through R&D and quality control. None of our scrapped lithium-ion batteries go to landfills and 100% are recycled. Furthermore, Tesla has an established internal ecosystem to re-manufacture batteries coming from the field to our Service Centers. We actively implement circular economy principles and consider all other options before opting for battery recycling.

• Upvote 1

On 3/10/2022 at 10:28 AM, specinho said:

📢   📢   📢 

party pooper ..... party pooper..... party pooper....

according to the latest cult info, what if an ICE car can recycle waste energy generated e.g.

a) converting carbon dioxide into methane. Methane recycled as fuel.......

CO2  + 4 H2   ------>   CH4   +   2 H2O (methanogenesis)

b) redirect waste heat generated to run engine.........

c) redirect waste vapour for cooling.........

Then, a car would have endless fuel and energy......... The existing fossil fuel, feared would be runned out soon, will be there sustainably, forever.................. and the price.......... would be steady......... forever........ :$

Nobody is proposing anything that violates thermodynamics. Also, methanogenesis is a dumb solution. Bacteria are a terrible choice for doing anything large scale. The only success story is ethanol plants. 

(edited)

3 hours ago, notsonice said:

oh boy it is only Monday morning and you are already babbling BS.....

You are engaging with Trees???? Guess you finally found a productive use in life.... Enjoy

Gabby it's been so long. I must admit life is shall i say a bit boring. Speaking to babble I must ask your feelings towards recent events. It would seem on its face Hillary&Co may have been granted a legal time out. Things of this nature are a messy, given the time to get there affairs in order seemed appropriate I would say..

Now as to tree's, the Big E had a affinity for them. He particularly enjoyed smoking his favorite blend and then proceed into the Canadian wilderness enjoying long conversations..A bit odd yes, but he was quite fond of such simplistic pleasure.

Judge spares Clinton camp in Sussmann ruling

The decision issued Saturday afternoon limits evidence and testimony prosecutors can offer against attorney Michael Sussmann at a jury trial set to get underway later this month.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/07/judge-spares-clinton-camp-in-sussmann-ruling-00030887

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

7 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

The problem of replacing the power plant for a used EV is endemic to the technology for the product, there is no escaping the problem.

That means that there will never be a significant used EV market.

Changing out batteries in an EV is pretty simple. Again, it hasn’t been done much because they are too new to need replacement.  They last a long time.  My younger brother bought a used Prius from 2008 with nearly 200,000 miles on it, and it’s still on the original batteries (and they still work) give it another 5-10 years and then you can make an assessment on the earliest EV’s which started sales in the 2010’s.  

your argument is like asking why we aren’t re-purposing a bunch of ‘old’ houses from from the late 90’s, when the answer is that they are still perfectly fine houses. We aren’t seeing a bunch of replaced batteries in 5-10 year old EV’s because they are still perfectly fine cars.

Edited by Eric Gagen
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

I was just pointing out the obvious to someone who had not taken a stats course.

What is obvious is you do not understand satistics.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Eric Gagen said:

Changing out batteries in an EV is pretty simple. Again, it hasn’t been done much because they are too new to need replacement.  They last a long time.  My younger brother bought a used Prius from 2008 with nearly 200,000 miles on it, and it’s still on the original batteries (and they still work) give it another 5-10 years and then you can make an assessment on the earliest EV’s which started sales in the 2010’s.  

your argument is like asking why we aren’t re-purposing a bunch of ‘old’ houses from from the late 90’s, when the answer is that they are still perfectly fine houses. We aren’t seeing a bunch of replaced batteries ineithe r 5-10 year old EV’s because they are still perfectly fine cars.based on the

Batteries are not a fungible item . There are every substantial differences such as operating temperature range. capacity that can be stored, storage and discharge rate etc between designs.   In the North Sea  safety regulations permit LiFe batteries but prohibit LiCo or LiNi for fire safety reasons.

Ecocharger I seriously doubt that you have even the remotest clue as to why one has thermodynamics stable in averse conditions and the other two tend to be a fire hazard.

20 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Coal is certainly cheaper than natural gas but it is not even close to being the lowest cost. If Europe shuts down maritime insurance for Russian oil there will be no one buying from Russia except what China brings in by pipeline. Musk only acknowledged that in an emergency some short term adjustments were needed. The realism in Europe is that their primary domestic energy source is renewable thus it is at the highest priority for energy security. 

image.png.e6c80831ba889bf5d0368787f31b8116.png

That is their goal but they are far from reaching it and it will take many decades. I always refer to all energy, not just electricity. Two totally different things. 

20 hours ago, nsdp said:

Ron  , not even close.  Neew mines have to dememthanize the beds like the  fields in Wyoming and then pay costs for flyash disposal ( one state only -https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-02/duke-to-save-1-5-billion-in-north-carolina-coal-ash-settlement )

That does not include coal mine closing costs.Mine closure planning https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mine_closure_planning

We are exporting coal to Asia, and I was actually speaking about Asia because they are the big users of coal. We have greatly reduced our pollution by switching to natural gas. We have actually surpassed the clean air improvements of the large nations in Europe.  I do not support coal except as a last resort and with high tech best practices. But I do not support CO2 being pumped into the ground unless it is later used for some purpose. I think it is a waste of money. 

(edited)

13 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:

That is their goal but they are far from reaching it and it will take many decades. I always refer to all energy, not just electricity. Two totally different things. 

No not really. Once again, that total energy number includes all the FF and its wasted energy that makes electricity as well as the electricity that was made from it. It also includes all the  wasted energy from FF transportation. You don't understand how energy use is measured.

Energy_2021_United-States_0.png

For example: If 100BTU of  coal is used to make 30 BTU of electricity that is then consumed, the total energy consumed is 130BTU

Edited by Jay McKinsey
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Coming To A Theater Near You?

Now this will be a real $H@TT SHOW. Inflation driving disposable income towards extinction. Interest rates collapsing housing market's. Energy costs doubling...Only to be supported with renewable energy shortages

Grid operators warn of electricity shortage amid switch to renewables: Report

The issue is on the rise throughout the country as many traditional and nuclear power plants are being retired

https://netblogpro.com/us/grid-operators-warn-electricity-shortage-renewables

Oil and natural gas have the support of the public and our politicians should pay the price for working against pipelines, exploration, and all factors that get in the way of maximum production. This is especially true now that we are helping support the needs of Europe. I am looking forward to November!

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Gabby it's been so long. I must admit life is shall i say a bit boring. Speaking to babble I must ask your feelings towards recent events. It would seem on its face Hillary&Co may have been granted a legal time out. Things of this nature are a messy, given the time to get there affairs in order seemed appropriate I would say..

Now as to tree's, the Big E had a affinity for them. He particularly enjoyed smoking his favorite blend and then proceed into the Canadian wilderness enjoying long conversations..A bit odd yes, but he was quite fond of such simplistic pleasure.

The decision issued Saturday afternoon limits evidence and testimony prosecutors can offer against attorney Michael Sussmann at a jury trial set to get underway later this month.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/07/judge-spares-clinton-camp-in-sussmann-ruling-00030887

The judge was appointed by Obama. He should be overruled. 

13 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

No not really. Once again, that total energy number includes all the FF and its wasted energy that makes electricity as well as the electricity that was made from it. It also includes all the  wasted energy from FF transportation. You don't understand how energy use is measured.

Energy_2021_United-States_0.png

For example: If 100BTU of  coal is used to make 30 BTU of electricity that is then consumed, the total energy consumed is 130BTU

It really comes down to an example I have frequently given. You cannot buy an electric vehicle that can compete with an ICE vehicle like my 3 cylinder Mitsubishi Mirage with up to a 400 mile range. 

You think that the mining, fabrication, and construction of wind and solar does not depend on lots of fossil fuels to get them up and running? It just conveniently slips through your mind. Waste heat is greatly eliminated by using vehicles comparable in size to EVs. 

You are now denying the reality of the present and trying to argue with theoretical possibilities, that I admit could become true decades from now. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

China April coal imports soar, driven by panic orders in early March

BEIJING, May 9 (Reuters) - China's coal imports surged 43% in April from March, driven by panic buying over concerns of supply disruptions stemming from Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Reporting by Muyu Xu and Dominique Patton; Editing by Kenneth Maxwell and Tom Hogue

Every market around the world is trying to deal with the same issue," Brad Jones, the interim chief executive of the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, told WSJ. "We’re all trying to find ways to utilize as much of our renewable resources as possible…and at the same time make sure that we have enough dispatchable generation to manage reliability."

I would try to find a source more credible than any one working for ERCOT.

Just now, Ron Wagner said:

It really comes down to an example I have frequently given. You cannot buy an electric vehicle that can compete with an ICE vehicle like my 3 cylinder Mitsubishi Mirage with up to a 400 mile range. 

You think that the mining, fabrication, and construction of wind and solar does not depend on lots of fossil fuels to get them up and running? It just conveniently slips through your mind. Waste heat is greatly eliminated by using vehicles comparable in size to EVs. 

You are now denying the reality of the present and trying to argue with theoretical possibilities, that I admit could become true decades from now. 

The more wind and solar produced, the less FF required to make more wind and solar. I know that concept is way beyond you.

Waste heat is the same for a big engine or a little engine. That is called physics. EVs have almost no waste heat because they do not use heat engines. ICE have 70% heat waste because they use single stage heat engines. You are in lala land if you think your Mirage has heat loss anywhere close to the low amount lost by an EV.

How energy use is measured and rejected is absolute reality not theoretical. Ron your problem is that reality does not agree with you.

3 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

48 minutes ago, Ron Wagner said:

Oil and natural gas have the support of the public and our politicians should pay the price for working against pipelines, exploration, and all factors that get in the way of maximum production. This is especially true now that we are helping support the needs of Europe. I am looking forward to November!

Electric wires waste a lot less energy than pipelines do.  You can even manage a negative Delta T (cool the atmosphere ) with  electricity.   There is no fossil fuel or nuclear plant that can do that for you.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Eric Gagen said:

He did say if environmental and health requirements aren't included, then you listed a series of environmental and health costs for mining operations.  

That said,  I'm not sure if it's true even excluding environmental and health costs.  Natural gas might still be cheaper,  and by the time you ship it to Europe (which doesn't have the ability to produce enough of either and relies on imports) the original cost of mining or drilling for the fuel is less important than the transport cost.  

By the time  you add in all externalizes like paying $18/ton for diesel to run coal trains round trip from Wyoming to Texas (2007  and again now) Even LNG comes out ahead due to costs you avoid like mine closure costs , groundwater management and cleanup, importation of crude oil to make the diesel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/07/judge-spareproblems s-clinton-camp-in-sussmann-ruling-00030887

Remember several weeks ago that the evidence  had problems because some dumb people promoting this case mishandled the evidence,  One special prosecutor is going to be very fortunate if he is not disbarred.

22 minutes ago, nsdp said:

Remember several weeks ago that the evidence  had problems because some dumb people promoting this case mishandled the evidence,  One special prosecutor is going to be very fortunate if he is not disbarred.

Interesting commentary, as I recall that would be the Biden Laptop. But your input is appreciated

(edited)

14 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Interesting commentary, as I recall that would be the Biden Laptop. But your input is appreciated

The Biden  laptop is only one of several areas where there are proprietorial missteps under Brady.  others are barred by the 'fruit of the poisoned tree"

Edited by nsdp
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, nsdp said:

Batteries are not a fungible item . There are every substantial differences such as operating temperature range. capacity that can be stored, storage and discharge rate etc between designs.   In the North Sea  safety regulations permit LiFe batteries but prohibit LiCo or LiNi for fire safety reasons.

Ecocharger I seriously doubt that you have even the remotest clue as to why one has thermodynamics stable in averse conditions and the other two tend to be a fire hazard.

Of course not - you have to replace the old batteries with new ones that have similar performance characteristics.  Although not identical - there is scope for differences as long as voltage matches and the rate of charge/discharge is roughly similar.

(edited)

15 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

The judge was appointed by Obama. He should be overruled. 

This trial only establishes a foundation to build on. Notice the limited scope of the criminal misconduct,a conviction is assured. After the trial the "exposure"  will go from smoke to a blaze.

Midterms could very well alter the course of the US, things of this nature violate the foundations of human belief systems. This whole debacle will take time even if republicans gain control.

This Democratic party has now violated the the supreme court implementation of procedures and law. Desperation along with a scorched earth policy is in full swing...Only time will tell how this plays out.

Below is a press statement, how a opinion of such nature can exist over one person is all telling. How the intelligence community got caught up in this needs to just go away..No matter the cost.

The ruling spares the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee the potential embarrassment of a federal judge finding they were part of a coordinated effort to level since-discredited allegations that candidate Donald Trump or his allies maintained a data link from Trump Tower to Russia’s Alfa Bank. The Clinton campaign disseminated that claim amid a broader effort to call out Trump’s ties to Russia at a time when U.S. intelligence agencies had revealed efforts by the Russian government to interfere in the 2016 election.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Eric Gagen said:

Of course not - you have to replace the old batteries with new ones that have similar performance characteristics.  Although not identical - there is scope for differences as long as voltage matches and the rate of charge/discharge is roughly similar.

Not quite.  When using batteries for industrial , commercial, and automotive use, the batteries over 1kwh must be of the same class unless ANSI and NIST both approve interchangablity.  Lead acid id not interchangeable with a flow battery.  Combustion characteristics especially in the presence of water and some fire fighting foams are not the same. None of the Lithum ion batteries LiFe, LiCo or LiNi are classed the same so engineers at Arizona Public Service are having to recertify their down town battery storage to switch to LiFe from LiCo.