JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

4 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

This trial only establishes a foundation to build on. Notice the limited scope of the criminal misconduct,a conviction is assured. After the trial the "exposure"  will go from smoke to a blaze.

Midterms could very well alter the course of the US, things of this nature violate the foundations of human belief systems. This whole debacle will take time even if republicans gain control.

This Democratic party has now violated the the supreme court implementation of procedures and law. Desperation along with a scorched earth policy is in full swing...Only time will tell how this plays out.

Below is a press statement, how a opinion of such nature can exist over one person is all telling. How the intelligence community got caught up in this needs to just go away..No matter the cost.

The ruling spares the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee the potential embarrassment of a federal judge finding they were part of a coordinated effort to level since-discredited allegations that candidate Donald Trump or his allies maintained a data link from Trump Tower to Russia’s Alfa Bank. The Clinton campaign disseminated that claim amid a broader effort to call out Trump’s ties to Russia at a time when U.S. intelligence agencies had revealed efforts by the Russian government to interfere in the 2016 election.

Our outhouse lawyer is at it again.  The court order  excludes all of the above because  the FBI agent did not at any time in his discussion with Sussman  stop and give the Miranda Warning. That is always a major hurdle  and at the time  the conversation took place the agent had go stop and record the Miranda warning.  Looking at the evidence list I see no such exhibit listed. Sussman will be eligible for dismissal because I see no evidence listed that is not now excluded  or barred by mishandling or was in the possession of the FBI before Sussman came forward. DOJ Rules on such matters;

Once a potential violation has been identified, a company should:

• Initiate an internal investigation and work with outside counsel as appropriate to manage an independent and thorough investigation;
  • Preserve immediately all relevant records;
  • Because of DOJ's focus on individual misconduct in the corporate context, consider whether to retain separate counsel for individuals associated with the potential wrongdoing;
  • Consider whether and when to disclose potential violations to the regulatory agencies and/or NSD, with the awareness that if the regulatory agencies or other third parties disclose the wrongdoing before the company does, the company likely will not be eligible for full cooperation credit; and
  • Be committed and prepared to provide full disclosure of the relevant facts to receive full cooperation credit, including providing DOJ access to documents and witnesses located abroad in compliance with foreign laws.

Companies will have to make the strategic decision when confronted with whether to seek the benefits of DOJ's voluntary self-disclosure program or risk significantly higher penalties and fines. The success of DOJ's program, which aims to encourage disclosures of potentially criminal violations and to prosecute corporate entities and individuals for those violations, will become clearer as companies and counsel respond to these directives over the next several years.  DOJ Guidance on Voluntary Self-Disclosures of Criminal Violations  https://www.arnoldporter.com/en/perspectives/advisories/2016/10/doj-guidance-on-voluntary-self

re ifyou really have in any area of knowledge, but in legal matters I suggest that you stay away from any legal commentary.  I would also suggest you look up the penalties for unauthorized  practice of law in your state of residence.

Share this with others:

22 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Gabby it's been so long. I must admit life is shall i say a bit boring. Speaking to babble I must ask your feelings towards recent events. It would seem on its face Hillary&Co may have been granted a legal time out. Things of this nature are a messy, given the time to get there affairs in order seemed appropriate I would say..

Now as to tree's, the Big E had a affinity for them. He particularly enjoyed smoking his favorite blend and then proceed into the Canadian wilderness enjoying long conversations..A bit odd yes, but he was quite fond of such simplistic pleasure.

Judge spares Clinton camp in Sussmann ruling

The decision issued Saturday afternoon limits evidence and testimony prosecutors can offer against attorney Michael Sussmann at a jury trial set to get underway later this month.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/07/judge-spares-clinton-camp-in-sussmann-ruling-00030887

oh boy more babbling out of you....The title or the Thread is GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

and you are off the deep end with your Goddess Hillary again, are you having a medication problem again????

Please try to stay on topic ( I know this is hard for the lost snowflakes, such as yourself).

1 hour ago, nsdp said:

Not quite.  When using batteries for industrial , commercial, and automotive use, the batteries over 1kwh must be of the same class unless ANSI and NIST both approve interchangablity.  Lead acid id not interchangeable with a flow battery.  Combustion characteristics especially in the presence of water and some fire fighting foams are not the same. None of the Lithum ion batteries LiFe, LiCo or LiNi are classed the same so engineers at Arizona Public Service are having to recertify their down town battery storage to switch to LiFe from LiCo.

We were speaking with reference to batteries for EV’s.  They only come in a small range of chemistries and types so these other issues aren’t as much of a problem.  

11 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

This trial only establishes a foundation to build on. Notice the limited scope of the criminal misconduct,a conviction is assured. After the trial the "exposure"  will go from smoke to a blaze.

Midterms could very well alter the course of the US, things of this nature violate the foundations of human belief systems. This whole debacle will take time even if republicans gain control.

This Democratic party has now violated the the supreme court implementation of procedures and law. Desperation along with a scorched earth policy is in full swing...Only time will tell how this plays out.

Below is a press statement, how a opinion of such nature can exist over one person is all telling. How the intelligence community got caught up in this needs to just go away..No matter the cost.

The ruling spares the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee the potential embarrassment of a federal judge finding they were part of a coordinated effort to level since-discredited allegations that candidate Donald Trump or his allies maintained a data link from Trump Tower to Russia’s Alfa Bank. The Clinton campaign disseminated that claim amid a broader effort to call out Trump’s ties to Russia at a time when U.S. intelligence agencies had revealed efforts by the Russian government to interfere in the 2016 election.

Now the Demoncrats are being allowed to ignore federal law and Biden himself is encouraging protesters to disturb and threaten the Supreme Court Justices who support rules against abortions after the first trimester but allow the states to make their own rules. 

The constitution says clearly that those rights which are not defined in the constitution are up to the states to decide on. The majority of Americans oppose late abortions. 

There should be lawsuits to force the enforcement of federal laws in an even handed manner. 

On 5/9/2022 at 9:38 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

The more wind and solar produced, the less FF required to make more wind and solar. I know that concept is way beyond you.

Waste heat is the same for a big engine or a little engine. That is called physics. EVs have almost no waste heat because they do not use heat engines. ICE have 70% heat waste because they use single stage heat engines. You are in lala land if you think your Mirage has heat loss anywhere close to the low amount lost by an EV.

How energy use is measured and rejected is absolute reality not theoretical. Ron your problem is that reality does not agree with you.

You are speaking of a time when there would be enough wind and solar energy to actually do what you are talking about. Your mind does not deal with reality. The energy network you are dreaming of does not exist and it will not for decades. You pull your scenarios out of thin air. You need to learn what reality now is. The reality now is that we need energy from whatever source it is and that  IS where we will be getting it for a long time. Your fanciful thinking is for the future and does not apply to the present. It is a work in progress. You and others who pretend to have all the wind and solar apparatus needed are lying or dreaming or both. The average person knows better and has no desire to try to jump into your fantasies. You and everyone here will be dead when they become true, and fossil fuels will still be doing a lot of work when our grandchildren are dead.

Waste heat is a potential source of vast amounts of energy and should be used whenever possible. But you evade the issue with nonsensical statements imputed to me like small engines use a proprtionate amount like a larger one does. Of course they do but they use less energy but may accomplish the same purpose! 

Your use of deprecatory language is juvenile and just shows that you are unable to express yourself in an adult manner. 

• Upvote 2

(edited)

7 hours ago, notsonice said:

oh boy more babbling out of you....The title or the Thread is GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

and you are off the deep end with your Goddess Hillary again, are you having a medication problem again????

Please try to stay on topic ( I know this is hard for the lost snowflakes, such as yourself).

It has been such a long time since we have had a reminiscence moment i simply got caught up in the hyperbole. So back on topic!

BlackRock warns it will vote against more climate resolutions this year

Largest asset manager parts ways with most activists and says war in Ukraine has changed calculus

BlackRock has warned that it will not support most shareholder resolutions on climate change this year because they have become too extreme or too prescriptive.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

(edited)

8 hours ago, nsdp said:

Our outhouse lawyer is at it again.  The court order  excludes all of the above because  the FBI agent did not at any time in his discussion with Sussman  stop and give the Miranda Warning. That is always a major hurdle  and at the time  the conversation took place the agent had go stop and record the Miranda warning.  Looking at the evidence list I see no such exhibit listed. Sussman will be eligible for dismissal because I see no evidence listed that is not now excluded  or barred by mishandling or was in the possession of the FBI before Sussman came forward. DOJ Rules on such matters;

Once a potential violation has been identified, a company should:

• Initiate an internal investigation and work with outside counsel as appropriate to manage an independent and thorough investigation;
  • Preserve immediately all relevant records;
  • Because of DOJ's focus on individual misconduct in the corporate context, consider whether to retain separate counsel for individuals associated with the potential wrongdoing;
  • Consider whether and when to disclose potential violations to the regulatory agencies and/or NSD, with the awareness that if the regulatory agencies or other third parties disclose the wrongdoing before the company does, the company likely will not be eligible for full cooperation credit; and
  • Be committed and prepared to provide full disclosure of the relevant facts to receive full cooperation credit, including providing DOJ access to documents and witnesses located abroad in compliance with foreign laws.

Companies will have to make the strategic decision when confronted with whether to seek the benefits of DOJ's voluntary self-disclosure program or risk significantly higher penalties and fines. The success of DOJ's program, which aims to encourage disclosures of potentially criminal violations and to prosecute corporate entities and individuals for those violations, will become clearer as companies and counsel respond to these directives over the next several years.  DOJ Guidance on Voluntary Self-Disclosures of Criminal Violations  https://www.arnoldporter.com/en/perspectives/advisories/2016/10/doj-guidance-on-voluntary-self

re ifyou really have in any area of knowledge, but in legal matters I suggest that you stay away from any legal commentary.  I would also suggest you look up the penalties for unauthorized  practice of law in your state of residence.

Share this with others:

Truly I am at a loss, so I shall default to a truly American Redneck response.

A Tall Cup Of Dumb Ass.....

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

On 5/9/2022 at 1:33 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

The fossil fuel sector is not growing beyond anything seen in the past. You are just seeing Russia being replaced. 

All-time highs in oil, natural gas, coal.

Thanks to you, Jay, loading up your auto gas tank with gasoline.

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2022 at 3:23 PM, notsonice said:

oh boy it is only Monday morning and you are already babbling BS.....

You are engaging with Trees???? Guess you finally found a productive use in life.... Enjoy

How much did you pay last weekend for fossil fuels to keep your gas guzzling SUV on the road?

Are you part of the solution or part of the problem?

On 5/9/2022 at 8:23 PM, Eric Gagen said:

Changing out batteries in an EV is pretty simple. Again, it hasn’t been done much because they are too new to need replacement.  They last a long time.  My younger brother bought a used Prius from 2008 with nearly 200,000 miles on it, and it’s still on the original batteries (and they still work) give it another 5-10 years and then you can make an assessment on the earliest EV’s which started sales in the 2010’s.  

your argument is like asking why we aren’t re-purposing a bunch of ‘old’ houses from from the late 90’s, when the answer is that they are still perfectly fine houses. We aren’t seeing a bunch of replaced batteries in 5-10 year old EV’s because they are still perfectly fine cars.

It may be simple to do, but extremely costly per vehicle, and that prevents EVs from creating any used market.

On 5/9/2022 at 9:16 PM, nsdp said:

What is obvious is you do not understand satistics.

What is obvious is that Jay never took a stats course. 

And you do not even know how to SPELL "statistics".

2 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

You are speaking of a time when there would be enough wind and solar energy to actually do what you are talking about. Your mind does not deal with reality. The energy network you are dreaming of does not exist and it will not for decades. You pull your scenarios out of thin air. You need to learn what reality now is. The reality now is that we need energy from whatever source it is and that  IS where we will be getting it for a long time. Your fanciful thinking is for the future and does not apply to the present. It is a work in progress. You and others who pretend to have all the wind and solar apparatus needed are lying or dreaming or both. The average person knows better and has no desire to try to jump into your fantasies. You and everyone here will be dead when they become true, and fossil fuels will still be doing a lot of work when our grandchildren are dead.

Waste heat is a potential source of vast amounts of energy and should be used whenever possible. But you evade the issue with nonsensical statements imputed to me like small engines use a proprtionate amount like a larger one does. Of course they do but they use less energy but may accomplish the same purpose! 

Your use of deprecatory language is juvenile and just shows that you are unable to express yourself in an adult manner. 

Don't expect children to behave like adults. Always a disappointment.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

How much did you pay last weekend for fossil fuels to keep your gas guzzling SUV on the road?

Are you part of the solution or part of the problem?

How much did you pay last weekend for fossil fuels to keep your gas guzzling SUV on the road????

not a penny, it was parked as usual...the weather here is great, so I got out and got some exercise.  

And you??? please share with us how much you love filling up. 

You seem very interest in how much I spend yet you are too embarrassed to share with us your own experiences. I bet you cuss every time you step into and turn the key of your clunker. Gulp Gulp Gulp........

Come on man tell us all how much do you spend a year tanking up???? $2000$???? $3000???? more ha ha  ha I bet you love $4 gas

• Haha 1

Peak Oil has met its match and it is losing.....Rome was not built in a day ...All 2022 EVs sold out in the US......Production capacity for EVs picking up....

another new EV plant in the making in the US.....................

Hyundai Reportedly Planning U.S. EV Plant

Would build battery-electric vehicles for Hyundai, Kia and Genesis brands.

Paul A. Eisenstein
Paul A. Eisenstein , Publisher & Editor-in-Chief

May 09, 2022

Hyundai Motor Co. has launched talks with government officials in Georgia where the automaker hopes to build a new U.S. assembly plant.

Hyundai Seven Concept - nose-on rendering Hyundai is planning to build a new U.S. plant to produce electric vehicles, potentially the Ioniq 7.

The facility would be dedicated to battery-electric vehicles and would produce models for at least two of the South Korean carmaker’s three brands: Hyundai and Kia — and possibly for its luxury division, Genesis, as well.

“We are excited to announce a new EV plant plan in the United States soon, but we do not have details to share at this stage,” Hyundai said in a statement that declined to confirm a report by Reuters the new factory would be located in Georgia.

Employment could hit 8,500

“Hyundai has been in advanced discussions with state officials to build a dedicated EV facility in Georgia, three people with direct knowledge of the talks told Reuters,” the wire service reported on Monday. “Details of the investment, including its projected cost and the number of jobs it would be expected to create, were not immediately known.”

Separately, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported the factory could be located on a 2,200-acre site previously offered to EV startup Rivian, as well as Volvo and Jaguar Land Rover. Employment, according to the paper, could climb as high as 8,500.

Kia EV9 Concept - beauty shot The new U.S. plant could potentially produce the Kia EV9 electric crossover.

HMC already operates two U.S. assembly plants, a Hyundai facility in Montgomery, Alabama, and a Kia factory in West Point, Georgia. Those plants have been running at or near capacity for some time — though they’ve faced cutbacks since COVID struck due to the pandemic and shortages of semiconductors.

Big BEV plans

Hyundai is rapidly ramping up its electrification plans and is expected to reveal more details about the program later this month.

It already has announced the Hyundai brand will have 17 all-electric models in production by 2030, six of those for the Genesis brand, while Kia will have 14 battery-electric models in showrooms by 2027.

Hyundai recently launched the Ioniq 5 to complement its first long-range model, the Kona EV. Genesis is launching three BEVs, two based on existing gas-powered models, and the GV60 crossover based on the new E-GMP architecture. That skateboard like architecture is shared with the Ioniq 5, as well as the new Kia EV6. Kia last month announced plans for a larger model, the EV9, while Hyundai is readying a similarly sized SUV, the Ioniq 7.

Genesis GV60 gold front The new plant could also produce the Genesis GV60, although nothing’s been set.

Foreign automakers look to U.S. production

HMC is one of a growing number of foreign-owned automakers planning to produce battery-electric vehicles in the U.S. The Charleston, South Carolina plant owned by Volvo will produce BEVs for the Swedish automaker as well as spinoff Polestar.

Mercedes-Benz will produce the EQS SUV at its plant near Birmingham, Alabama, and BMW will produce BEVs at its factory in Spartanburg, South Carolina.

Vietnamese startup VinFast earlier this year revealed plans to erect a manufacturing complex in North Carolina that will produce two all-electric SUVs, the VF 7 and VF 8. The plan eventually could see an investment reaching nearly $7 billion with the addition of electric truck and lithium-ion battery production at the site.

Biden coughs up cash

A number of foreign-based suppliers have also laid out plans to add production of EV components in the U.S., with an emphasis on lithium-ion batteries. LG Chem is partnering with General Motors to set up a minimum four Ultium battery plants, the first opening this year in Lordstown, Ohio. SK Innovation, which supplies batteries to Hyundai, has added another two plants in Georgia. One will serve Ford, the other Volkswagen.

VW is getting ready to begin production of its first American-made BEV. Currently imported from Europe, the ID.4 will go into production during the 2023 model year in Chattanooga, Tennessee, with a second BEV to follow at that factory.

The Biden administration has been pressing to increase U.S. production of EVs, as well as batteries and other components. It last week announced a $3 billion fund to support that shift. The White House has laid out plans that would see zero-emissions vehicles grow to as much as 50% of the U.S. new vehicle market by 2030.

• Upvote 1

https://renews.biz/77757/renewables-primed-for-record-2022/

Renewables ‘primed for record 2022’

IEA says wind and solar to lead the way but warns of ‘plateau’ in 2023

11 May 2022 08:33  

Renewable power is set to break global records in 2022 despite headwinds from higher costs and supply chain bottlenecks, according to the International Energy Agency.

Unprecedented growth in capacity additions will be mainly driven by solar PV in China and Europe, the IEA said.

The world added a record 295GW of new renewable power capacity in 2021, overcoming supply chain challenges, construction delays and high raw material prices, according to the the agency’s latest renewable energy market update.

Global capacity additions are expected to rise this year to 320GW this year.  Solar PV is on course to account for 60% of global renewable power growth in 2022, followed by wind and hydropower, stated the IEA.

In the European Union, annual additions in 2021 jumped by almost 30% to 36GW in 2021, finally exceeding the bloc’s previous record of 35GW set a decade ago. The additional renewables capacity commissioned for 2022 and 2023 has the potential to significantly reduce the European Union’s dependence on Russian gas in the power sector.

However, the actual contribution will depend on the success of parallel energy efficiency measures to keep the region’s energy demand in check, added the agency.

“Energy market developments in recent months – especially in Europe – have proven once again the essential role of renewables in improving energy security, in addition to their well-established effectiveness at reducing emissions,” said IEA Executive Director Fatih Birol. “Cutting red tape, accelerating permitting and providing the right incentives for faster deployment of renewables are some of the most important actions governments can take to address today’s energy security and market challenges, while keeping alive the possibility of reaching our international climate goals.”

Based on today’s policy settings, however, renewable power’s global growth is set to lose momentum next year, added the IEA.

“In the absence of stronger policies, the amount of renewable power capacity added worldwide is expected to plateau in 2023, as continued progress for solar is offset by a 40% decline in hydropower expansion and little change in wind additions,” it said.

‘While energy markets face a wide range of uncertainties, the strengthened focus by governments on energy security and affordability – particularly in Europe – is building new momentum behind efforts to accelerate the deployment of energy efficiency solutions and renewable energy technologies. The outlook for renewables for 2023 and beyond will therefore depend to a large extent on whether new and stronger policies are introduced and implemented over the next six months.”

• Like 1

Last winter saw low rainfall over Norway,resulting in low amounts of hydro power to back up wind generation in northern Europe. This calls into question the reliability of renewable power. Also,if climatologists are to be believed,the Arctic will heat up more quickly than lower latitudes. As winds are driven by thermal gradient,I reason that less wind will be available to power wind turbines in Europe.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

The tremendous loss in waste heat from fossil transportation has zero potential use other than heating the cabin of the vehicle. Waste heat from electricity production is rarely used. Both of these are called reality which you are clearly evading. 

Your little engine car doesn't do the job people want or else they would be buying more than 20K a year in the US. The Chevy Bolt sells 30K a year and Tesla Model 3 sells 40K a month! That is today not some far off future of yours.

I imputed language to you because you said it. "Waste heat is greatly eliminated by using vehicles comparable in size to EVs." This statement of yours is complete stupidity. My language accurately reflects reality.

You count up total energy and then compare it to renewables and claim that renewables are microscopic in comparison when you don't understand that you are not only double counting all the FF used for electricity production but you are also counting all the waste, neither of which apply to renewables.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I understand.  My point is the lithium series of autobatteries with the exception of LiFe batteries may wind up being banished  for safety reasons  like Chlorodane  and DDT and brominated Tris in baby pajamas

(edited)

On 5/11/2022 at 4:11 AM, notsonice said:

How much did you pay last weekend for fossil fuels to keep your gas guzzling SUV on the road????

not a penny, it was parked as usual...the weather here is great, so I got out and got some exercise.  

And you??? please share with us how much you love filling up. 

You seem very interest in how much I spend yet you are too embarrassed to share with us your own experiences. I bet you cuss every time you step into and turn the key of your clunker. Gulp Gulp Gulp........

Come on man tell us all how much do you spend a year tanking up???? $2000$???? $3000???? more ha ha  ha I bet you love $4 gas

You are slow to grasp the point, as usual.

I have no problem with a high CO2 future, it makes no sense to me to transition to electric.

CO2 is negatively correlated with earth temperature, so there is no argument to be made for measures to lower the carbon footprint.

You, on the other hand, are still wailing and weeping about the CO2 issue, so you are the one who is obligated to put your money where your mouth is. 

You are the one who must stop driving an internal combustion vehicle and filling your gas tank with fossil fuels. That is not a part of my routine.

So why are behaving in an irrational way?

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Great Response! 1

On 5/11/2022 at 4:25 AM, notsonice said:

Peak Oil has met its match and it is losing.....Rome was not built in a day ...All 2022 EVs sold out in the US......Production capacity for EVs picking up....

another new EV plant in the making in the US.....................

Hyundai Reportedly Planning U.S. EV Plant

Would build battery-electric vehicles for Hyundai, Kia and Genesis brands.

Paul A. Eisenstein
Paul A. Eisenstein , Publisher & Editor-in-Chief

May 09, 2022

Hyundai Motor Co. has launched talks with government officials in Georgia where the automaker hopes to build a new U.S. assembly plant.

Hyundai Seven Concept - nose-on rendering Hyundai is planning to build a new U.S. plant to produce electric vehicles, potentially the Ioniq 7.

The facility would be dedicated to battery-electric vehicles and would produce models for at least two of the South Korean carmaker’s three brands: Hyundai and Kia — and possibly for its luxury division, Genesis, as well.

“We are excited to announce a new EV plant plan in the United States soon, but we do not have details to share at this stage,” Hyundai said in a statement that declined to confirm a report by Reuters the new factory would be located in Georgia.

Employment could hit 8,500

“Hyundai has been in advanced discussions with state officials to build a dedicated EV facility in Georgia, three people with direct knowledge of the talks told Reuters,” the wire service reported on Monday. “Details of the investment, including its projected cost and the number of jobs it would be expected to create, were not immediately known.”

Separately, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported the factory could be located on a 2,200-acre site previously offered to EV startup Rivian, as well as Volvo and Jaguar Land Rover. Employment, according to the paper, could climb as high as 8,500.

Kia EV9 Concept - beauty shot The new U.S. plant could potentially produce the Kia EV9 electric crossover.

HMC already operates two U.S. assembly plants, a Hyundai facility in Montgomery, Alabama, and a Kia factory in West Point, Georgia. Those plants have been running at or near capacity for some time — though they’ve faced cutbacks since COVID struck due to the pandemic and shortages of semiconductors.

Big BEV plans

Hyundai is rapidly ramping up its electrification plans and is expected to reveal more details about the program later this month.

It already has announced the Hyundai brand will have 17 all-electric models in production by 2030, six of those for the Genesis brand, while Kia will have 14 battery-electric models in showrooms by 2027.

Hyundai recently launched the Ioniq 5 to complement its first long-range model, the Kona EV. Genesis is launching three BEVs, two based on existing gas-powered models, and the GV60 crossover based on the new E-GMP architecture. That skateboard like architecture is shared with the Ioniq 5, as well as the new Kia EV6. Kia last month announced plans for a larger model, the EV9, while Hyundai is readying a similarly sized SUV, the Ioniq 7.

Genesis GV60 gold front The new plant could also produce the Genesis GV60, although nothing’s been set.

Foreign automakers look to U.S. production

HMC is one of a growing number of foreign-owned automakers planning to produce battery-electric vehicles in the U.S. The Charleston, South Carolina plant owned by Volvo will produce BEVs for the Swedish automaker as well as spinoff Polestar.

Mercedes-Benz will produce the EQS SUV at its plant near Birmingham, Alabama, and BMW will produce BEVs at its factory in Spartanburg, South Carolina.

Vietnamese startup VinFast earlier this year revealed plans to erect a manufacturing complex in North Carolina that will produce two all-electric SUVs, the VF 7 and VF 8. The plan eventually could see an investment reaching nearly $7 billion with the addition of electric truck and lithium-ion battery production at the site.

Biden coughs up cash

A number of foreign-based suppliers have also laid out plans to add production of EV components in the U.S., with an emphasis on lithium-ion batteries. LG Chem is partnering with General Motors to set up a minimum four Ultium battery plants, the first opening this year in Lordstown, Ohio. SK Innovation, which supplies batteries to Hyundai, has added another two plants in Georgia. One will serve Ford, the other Volkswagen.

VW is getting ready to begin production of its first American-made BEV. Currently imported from Europe, the ID.4 will go into production during the 2023 model year in Chattanooga, Tennessee, with a second BEV to follow at that factory.

The Biden administration has been pressing to increase U.S. production of EVs, as well as batteries and other components. It last week announced a $3 billion fund to support that shift. The White House has laid out plans that would see zero-emissions vehicles grow to as much as 50% of the U.S. new vehicle market by 2030.

Still EVs are a miniscule proportion of the projected vehicle market space, less than 1%. 

On 5/11/2022 at 4:29 AM, notsonice said:

https://renews.biz/77757/renewables-primed-for-record-2022/

Renewables ‘primed for record 2022’

IEA says wind and solar to lead the way but warns of ‘plateau’ in 2023

11 May 2022 08:33  

Renewable power is set to break global records in 2022 despite headwinds from higher costs and supply chain bottlenecks, according to the International Energy Agency.

Unprecedented growth in capacity additions will be mainly driven by solar PV in China and Europe, the IEA said.

The world added a record 295GW of new renewable power capacity in 2021, overcoming supply chain challenges, construction delays and high raw material prices, according to the the agency’s latest renewable energy market update.

Global capacity additions are expected to rise this year to 320GW this year.  Solar PV is on course to account for 60% of global renewable power growth in 2022, followed by wind and hydropower, stated the IEA.

In the European Union, annual additions in 2021 jumped by almost 30% to 36GW in 2021, finally exceeding the bloc’s previous record of 35GW set a decade ago. The additional renewables capacity commissioned for 2022 and 2023 has the potential to significantly reduce the European Union’s dependence on Russian gas in the power sector.

However, the actual contribution will depend on the success of parallel energy efficiency measures to keep the region’s energy demand in check, added the agency.

“Energy market developments in recent months – especially in Europe – have proven once again the essential role of renewables in improving energy security, in addition to their well-established effectiveness at reducing emissions,” said IEA Executive Director Fatih Birol. “Cutting red tape, accelerating permitting and providing the right incentives for faster deployment of renewables are some of the most important actions governments can take to address today’s energy security and market challenges, while keeping alive the possibility of reaching our international climate goals.”

Based on today’s policy settings, however, renewable power’s global growth is set to lose momentum next year, added the IEA.

“In the absence of stronger policies, the amount of renewable power capacity added worldwide is expected to plateau in 2023, as continued progress for solar is offset by a 40% decline in hydropower expansion and little change in wind additions,” it said.

‘While energy markets face a wide range of uncertainties, the strengthened focus by governments on energy security and affordability – particularly in Europe – is building new momentum behind efforts to accelerate the deployment of energy efficiency solutions and renewable energy technologies. The outlook for renewables for 2023 and beyond will therefore depend to a large extent on whether new and stronger policies are introduced and implemented over the next six months.”

Exactly, the momentum towards renewable energy has stalled. Why? 

"the actual contribution will depend on the success of parallel energy efficiency measures to keep the region’s energy demand in check,"

Real "progress" depends upon reducing the standard of living for Europe's populations, driven by a misguided concept of CO2 reduction.

Self-destructive philosophy.

On 5/10/2022 at 9:28 PM, Eyes Wide Open said:

BlackRock has warned that it will not support most shareholder resolutions on climate change this year because they have become too extreme or too prescriptive.

BlackRock defunds environmental activist one day and the attacks begin. This I personally will enjoy, perhaps both will be so preoccupied with cancelling each other...the world might heal from all the damage the have already accomplished.

Doug Casey on the Rise of BlackRock and Fascism in the US

https://internationalman.com/articles/doug-casey-on-the-rise-of-blackrock-and-fascism-in-the-us/

• Upvote 1

On 5/10/2022 at 10:52 PM, Ron Wagner said:

Waste heat is a potential source of vast amounts of energy and should be used whenever possible. But you evade the issue with nonsensical statements imputed to me like small engines use a proprtionate amount like a larger one does. Of course they do but they use less energy but may accomplish the same! 

Ron, most waste heat is due to the heat required to change of phase  ie water to steam or ice to water. The best engineers in the world only capture 23% additional heat in a combined cycle plant.   You can do better with Frasch Process mining of raw sulfur.  That is limited by the unique properties of bedded sulfur recovery and will not work with an amine plant  extracting sulfur from petroleum feedstocks .  This plant is unique in that it is cogeneration rather than combined cycle and DOES NOT require change of phase except for cooling molten sulfur under pressure to avoid SOx emmisssions.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Still EVs are a miniscule proportion of the projected vehicle market space, less than 1%. 

Do you just make up facts as you go along.  I suggest you use your brain for something other than a hat rack, "his year alone, EV sales have more than doubled, which is great progress. However, this number still only makes up 2.5% of the total automotive market."https://electrek.co/2021/08/24/current-ev-registrations-in-the-us-how-does-your-state-stack-up/  data as of Dec.31 2020

• Upvote 2