JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

More proof that the shortage of natural gas to Europe is mainly the fault of Germany and other nations that did not build out their LNG infrastructure but relied on Russia plus wind and solar.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/24/wave-of-lng-tankers-overwhelms-europe-and-hits-natural-gas-prices.html?&qsearchterm=natural gas

STATE OF FREIGHT

Wave of LNG tankers is overwhelming Europe in energy crisis and hitting natural gas prices

PUBLISHED MON, OCT 24 20222:50 PM EDTUPDATED MON, OCT 24 20228:46 PM EDT
SHAREShare Article via FacebookShare Article via TwitterShare Article via LinkedInShare Article via Email
KEY POINTS
  • 60 liquified natural gas vessels are slow sailing or anchored around Northwest Europe, the Mediterranean, and the Iberian Peninsula, according to MarineTraffic.
  • The vessels are considered floating LNG storage since they cannot unload and the situation is impacting the price of natural gas and freight rates.
  • Natural gas is critical for European energy needs into the winter and Russia has reduced its supply of gas as a result of the war in Ukraine, but existing storage capacity is at 93%.

In this article

Follow your favorite stocksCREATE FREE ACCOUNT

An LNG import terminal at the Rotterdam port in February 2022.

An LNG import terminal at the Rotterdam port in February 2022.
Federico Gambarini | Picture Alliance | Getty Images

The U.S. is exporting more LNG to Europe as a result of Russia’s war in Ukraine and cuts made to natural gas supplies ahead of winter, but there has been a buildup of LNG vessels waiting to unload at ports with European infrastructure unable to handle the increased LNG shipments.

Sixty LNG tankers have been idling or slowly sailing around northwest Europe, the Mediterranean, and the Iberian Peninsula, according to MarineTraffic. One is anchored at the Suez Canal. Eight LNG vessels that came from the U.S. are underway to Spain’s Huelva port.

“The wave of LNG tankers has overwhelmed the ability of the European regasification facilities to unload the cargoes in a timely manner,” said Andrew Lipow, president of Lipow Oil Associates.

These delays postpone the tankers’ return to the Gulf Coast of the United States to pick up the next load, according to Lipow, and as a result, natural gas inventories rise more than the market expected.

The underlying infrastructure issue is a lack of European regasification capacity due to a shortage of regasification plants and pipelines connecting countries that have regasification facilities. As a result, the amount of LNG on the water — floating storage — increases and in turn drives down the price of natural gas.

A map showing recent LNG tanker locations from maritime analytics firm MarineTraffic.

A map showing recent LNG tanker locations from maritime analytics firm MarineTraffic.

“European gas storage continues to rise and now exceeds 93%,” said Jacques Rousseau, managing director, global oil and gas for ClearView Energy Partners LLC.

Rousseau said the increase in floating storage, with vessels needed to move capacity around the globe tied up for longer, has contributed to an approximate doubling in LNG tanker rates year over year.

Energy experts tell CNBC they are keeping an eye on an EU LNG price cap. The cap was discussed last Thursday even as prices have come down. “The price cap potentially pushes traders out of the market which would impact future supply arriving in Europe,” Rousseau said.

European gas prices had soared above 340 euros ($332.6) per megawatt hour in late August, but this week dipped below $100 for the first time since Russia cut supplies. Before the war, the price had been as low as 30 euros.

Russia, which supplies a large portion of natural gas to Europe, cut gas supplies as a response to sanctions after the country’s war with Ukraine.

image.png.ba9d9764c4acf4bbc78984abf88e4e39.png

📢   📢   party popper......... party poopper............... party ppooooooooooooooooppper... 📢   📢 📢

Disregard ICE or EV, we might have one problem in common...........What do we do when the road is flooded...?! :o

exhaust of ICE could be blocked; batteries and accessories of EV could be soaked.......... :S

(edited)

9 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Jay do you have the specific demograph that the majority of these sales are to?

I'm interested in if its to the "well off" rather than the average Joe. if it the well off only then that limits the effective market available. Yes I know you will say costs are coming down and this will open up more of the market in the future, but you cant guarantee this.

Of course I can guarantee it. It is an economic certainty. 

GM already dropped the price of the Bolt and is launching a $30K SUV next year.

GM’s latest bid to ramp up U.S. EV sales and surpass rival Tesla is a $30,000 all-electric SUV aimed squarely at the mass market. 

The 2024 Chevrolet Equinox EV, which will come in LT and RS models and has an estimated range of 300 miles, will test GM’s ability to make an affordable EV that appeals to a broad swath of U.S. consumers. The 2024 Chevrolet Equinox EV is scheduled to go on sale next year.

image.thumb.png.24232faebbf6a1b743bd1570ff08f9ba.png

image.thumb.png.d36d022a246bad2739092a73a99b9565.png

US: Chevrolet Bolt EV/Bolt EUV Sales Surged To New Record ...

In Q3, a total of 14,709 Bolt EV/Bolt EUV were delivered to customers, which is 226% more than a year ago and the best result ever. Also, the share of BEVs out of Chevrolet's overall volume improved to a noticeable 3.9%.

It seems that it's just the beginning and soon we will see even higher results. According to the manufacturer, demand for the Bolt EV/EUV is so high that it requires increasing production capacity ("for global markets") from about 44,000 in 2022 to more than 70,000 in 2023 (more than 17,500 per quarter).

Edited by Jay McKinsey

14 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Of course I can guarantee it. It is an economic certainty. 

No, no you cant!

Thats a daft thing to say and beneath you Jay.

Its your belief and nothing more, nobody can predict the future economically or otherwise with certainty as you well know.

Also many countries are going to go through some pretty severe economic hardship over the next few years and that alone will have a negative effect on luxury buys, the last thing the average Joe is going to do is think OK I'm going to spend another $10K on an EV as opposed to buying a cheaper ICE vehicle. The only way EV's will take off in the US as mainstream is for them to be significantly cheaper to buy and also to have 3 times the range before recharging. Thats just my opinion its not a certainty!

(edited)

1 hour ago, Rob Plant said:

No, no you cant!

Thats a daft thing to say and beneath you Jay.

Its your belief and nothing more, nobody can predict the future economically or otherwise with certainty as you well know.

Also many countries are going to go through some pretty severe economic hardship over the next few years and that alone will have a negative effect on luxury buys, the last thing the average Joe is going to do is think OK I'm going to spend another $10K on an EV as opposed to buying a cheaper ICE vehicle. The only way EV's will take off in the US as mainstream is for them to be significantly cheaper to buy and also to have 3 times the range before recharging. Thats just my opinion its not a certainty!

I just provided you with objective evidence of the price drop occurring right now! So yes I can absolutely say that EV prices have been dropping (Bolt) and will continue to drop (Equinox next year). There will be many competitors for those cars very soon. 

Luxury buys? Those two GM vehicles are extremely affordable. Did you even pay attention to the prices? The Bolt is over $20K less than the average new car price. The average price paid for a new car in America hit an all-time high in June, coming in at $48043

The Equinox is in fact the exact same price as the ICE version.  Pay attention to the prices below, note that they are the same for ICE ad EV versions:

image.png.17cf46f93139a29915de43b6fac62e9b.png

image.thumb.png.a9bb61629c2b9735949d83d43309ce92.png

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

40 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I just provided you with objective evidence of the price drop occurring right now! So yes I can absolutely say that EV prices have been dropping (Bolt) and will continue to drop (Equinox next year). There will be many competitors for those cars very soon. 

Luxury buys? Those two GM vehicles are extremely affordable. Did you even pay attention to the prices? The Equinox is in fact the exact same price as the ICE version.The Bolt is over $20K less than the average new car price. The average price paid for a new car in America hit an all-time high in June, coming in at $48043

Pay attention to the prices below, note that they are the same for ICE ad EV versions:

image.png.17cf46f93139a29915de43b6fac62e9b.png

image.thumb.png.a9bb61629c2b9735949d83d43309ce92.png

Look I'm not against EV's as you know its just that to make staements saying its certain is frankly soothsaying.

The Equinox isnt even out until 2024 although it looks a decent vehicle on paper but is still unproven, and who wants a Bolt?

Likely yes but certain no, regardless of certain data you provide. Again until range issues are solved they wont be mainstream as they are in Europe apart from city commutes.

Edited by Rob Plant

(edited)

19 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Look I'm not against EV's as you know its just that to make staements saying its certain is frankly soothsaying.

The Equinox isnt even out until 2024 although it looks a decent vehicle on paper but is still unproven, and who wants a Bolt?

Likely yes but certain no, regardless of certain data you provide. Again until range issues are solved they wont be mainstream apart from city commutes.

Making such statements is called observing reality. The Equinox is out in one year, fall 2023, if you had bothered to read the graphic and if you had bothered to read my post you would have read that the Bolt is setting sales records and they are nearly doubling production next year. These cars all have nearly 300 miles of range. 

Edited by Jay McKinsey

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Making such statements is called observing reality. The Equinox is out in one year, fall 2023, if you had bothered to read the graphic and if you had bothered to read my post you would have read that the Bolt is setting sales records and they are nearly doubling production next year. These cars all have nearly 300 miles of range. 

So in reality 2024 then!

The Equinox has 250 miles unless you pay more for the extended battery which is slated to go 300 miles or so they say as this hasnt been proven and certainly not in cold weather conditions or after the battery has been charged many times (as they soon lose range).

We will see Jay and as you say we can then observe reality not the sales hype from the manufacturer. If you drove a Tesla or any EV for that matter you would have a better understanding that what manufacturers claim their range is in reality is something totally different.

Try speaking to anyone that owns EV's and to a man they will tell you its BS.

(edited)

34 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

So in reality 2024 then!

The Equinox has 250 miles unless you pay more for the extended battery which is slated to go 300 miles or so they say as this hasnt been proven and certainly not in cold weather conditions or after the battery has been charged many times (as they soon lose range).

We will see Jay and as you say we can then observe reality not the sales hype from the manufacturer. If you drove a Tesla or any EV for that matter you would have a better understanding that what manufacturers claim their range is in reality is something totally different.

Try speaking to anyone that owns EV's and to a man they will tell you its BS.

Yes I have driven EVs and mostly been amazed at how range is just not an issue. Sales hype is irrelevant, the low priced Bolt is in the market today with record sales and if you want to believe that General Motors is not going to have the Equinox which they just launched out on schedule well that is on you.

In the summer GM is releasing the Blazer EV and Silverado EV in the fall

image.thumb.png.88a8ac786f5c192fde36f23e14af7a78.png

image.thumb.png.17f37b08cc8cf595b61251bc8e0c5542.png

Edited by Jay McKinsey

On 10/24/2022 at 10:56 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

EV sales are getting hotter

Americans bought more than 200,000 electric cars in the third quarter — a first. Electric car sales grew faster than any other segment of the auto industry.

Americans bought 67% more electric cars in the third quarter of 2022 than in the same period in 2021, according to our third-quarter Electrified Light Vehicle Sales Report. Overall new car sales fell 0.1% in the same period.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ev-sales-are-getting-hotter-these-are-the-cars-catching-up-to-tesla-11666362271?mod=taxes

Again, these percentages are from a very low base number, so without any significance or meaning...just like the Green movement in general.

8 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Yes I have driven EVs and mostly been amazed at how range is just not an issue. Sales hype is irrelevant, the low priced Bolt is in the market today with record sales and if you want to believe that General Motors is not going to have the Equinox which they just launched out on schedule well that is on you.

In the summer GM is releasing the Blazer EV and Silverado EV in the fall

image.thumb.png.88a8ac786f5c192fde36f23e14af7a78.png

image.thumb.png.17f37b08cc8cf595b61251bc8e0c5542.png

In other words, you do not own an EV, but you rely on a fossil fuel vehicle.

Same old Jay, same old nonsense.

15 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Yes I have driven EVs and mostly been amazed at how range is just not an issue.

Sigh!

if only that were true!

Talk to people who actually own them and have to drive 250 miles, I guarantee you you will have to recharge well before then even though your car manufacturer says itll do 350 miles

• Upvote 1

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Sigh!

if only that were true!

Talk to people who actually own them and have to drive 250 miles, I guarantee you you will have to recharge well before then even though your car manufacturer says itll do 350 miles

The vast majority of people seldom drive 250 miles in a day. The average number of miles driven in the US is 35 per day.  the market requiring long range cars will be met in the future with the next gen a few years after the much, much larger shorter range market is satisfied. Plus it isn't that big of a deal to stop and charge on a 350 mile trip. One would most likely have to stop for gas either before or during such a trip.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

9 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

The vast majority of people seldom drive 250 miles in a day. The average number of miles driven in the US is 35 per day.  the market requiring long range cars will be met in the future with the next gen a few years after the much, much larger shorter range market is satisfied. Plus it isn't that big of a deal to stop and charge on a 350 mile trip. One would most likely have to stop for gas either before or during such a trip.

I think there are many business people who would travel that in a day or people going on vacation.

I regularly have to travel those sorts of distances for business as do many of my staff and thats why I have a hybrid and not an EV as an EV wouldnt be practical.

Yes ICE drivers have to stop to refuel but that takes about 5-10 mins not 8 hours!!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

How long does it take to refuel your BMW fossil fuel veicle, Jay?

(edited)

46 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

I think there are many business people who would travel that in a day or people going on vacation.

I regularly have to travel those sorts of distances for business as do many of my staff and thats why I have a hybrid and not an EV as an EV wouldnt be practical.

Yes ICE drivers have to stop to refuel but that takes about 5-10 mins not 8 hours!!

The official government number for average daily miles driven is 37. https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/ohim/onh00/bar8.htm The Silverado will have up to advertised 400 miles of range.

Equinox: In 10 minutes of charging

Approx. 70 miles of range*

per GM estimates with DC fast public charging

Silverado:     GM estimated 100 miles of range in only 10 minutes*

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

52 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

The official government number for average daily miles driven is 37. https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/ohim/onh00/bar8.htm The Silverado will have up to advertised 400 miles of range.

Equinox: In 10 minutes of charging

Approx. 70 miles of range*

per GM estimates with DC fast public charging

Silverado:     GM estimated 100 miles of range in only 10 minutes*

In the real world people dont drive 37 miles per day every day!

Some days they might do 5 or 0, others 250 so it makes range an issue believe me! If you owned an EV you may have a better understanding.

Yes fast charging might just get you home if there happens to be 1 right where you are just as youre running out of juice. The likelihood of that is incredibly small. Also it is most likely being used by some other poor bastard who has run out of juice just like you. In the UK it is commonplace to wait over an hour for a superfast charging station when you actually plan your journey knowing youre not going to get home. The inconvenience of all this puts lots of people off getting EV's, so they go hybrid.

When EV's get a genuine 500 mile range I'll get one myself until then nah! Probably just what you're thinking of doing Jay!

The Silverado will do about 275 not 400 although theyll claim it will. Just hire one for a week and try it yourself.

Edited by Rob Plant
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Some days they might do 5 or 0, others 250 so it makes range an issue believe me! If you owned an EV you may have a better understanding.

Yes fast charging might just get you home if there happens to be 1 right where you are just as youre running out of juice. The likelihood of that is incredibly small. Also it is most likely being used by some other poor bastard who has run out of juice just like you. In the UK it is commonplace to wait over an hour for a superfast charging station when you actually plan your journey knowing youre not going to get home. The inconvenience of all this puts lots of people off getting EV's, so they go hybrid.

When EV's get a genuine 500 mile range I'll get one myself until then nah! Probably just what you're thinking of doing Jay!

The Silverado will do about 275 not 400 although theyll claim it will. Just hire one for a week and try it yourself.

less than 3 percent of Americans have a daily commute of over 50 miles one way

and of the 3 percent only 19 percent or 600,000 have a one way commute of over 100 miles one way out of 143 million who commute to work....

so less than .5 percent of all Americans , in your dream world, commute more than 100 miles one way every day

In the real world 99.5 percent of all Americans have a one way of less than 100 miles each way. So 99.5 percent of all Americans can buy a EV and not have to worry about stopping mid trip to charge their car to go to or from work every day.

EXTRA-LONG COMMUTES While most workers live within 25 miles or so of their job, an unlucky handful have a much longer road to travel. Dubbed "stretch commuters," these are the people who are willing to go 50 miles or more one way just to get to work. We analyzed data from the Department of Transportation's National Household Travel Survey to get an idea of just how much of the workforce is dealing with a grueling commute. 8. How many workers stretch commute? Each year, an estimated 3.3 million Americans face a daily one-way commute of 50 miles or longer. Combined, they make the trip roughly 329 million times annually. 9. What percentage of commuters travel more than 75 miles one-way? While 60% of stretch commuters are traveling between 50 and 74 miles to get to work, nearly 20% are trekking between 75 and 99 miles to reach their destination. 10. How many commute more than 100 miles? Some stretch commuters take even longer to make it into the office or onto the job site each day. Seven percent of workers have a commute of 100 to 124 miles while 6% go anywhere from 125 to 199 miles one-way. 11. How many work 200 miles or more away? Just under 200,000 Americans, or about 6% of stretch commuters, travel 200 miles or more to get to work. While many drive, approximately 24% choose to fly instead to save time. 12. Do men or women stretch commute more often? Men are far more likely to make the long haul, accounting for 274 million of annual stretch commute trips. Only about 16% of stretch commuters are women. 13. What occupation has the highest number of stretch commuters? Stretch commuting is highest in the manufacturing and construction industries, with 44% of workers going the distance. Forty percent of stretch commuters work in professional, managerial or technical jobs while the remaining 16% is divided between those who hold sales or administrative positions. (CreditDonkey)

(edited)

8 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

I don't need an EV to know how many miles I drive per day. 37 is a very long way from 200. The Silverado reviews in a year will tell us just what the real number is.

The F150 lightning comes in just shy of its EPA rating:

The F-150 Lightning with the extended range battery we tested in July went 270 miles (435 km) in our 70 mph range test, falling about 5% less than the vehicle's highway EPA range rating of 283 miles (455 km)

The GM Hummer beats its EPA rating 

The Hummer EV surprised up a bit and finished up with 343 miles on the trip gauge and an average consumption rate of 1.6 miles per kWh (38.75 kWh/100km). Amazingly, the Hummer EV managed to beat its combined EPA range rating in our 70 mph range test by 14 miles 

Thinking about it more it sounds like your problem is mostly that there aren't enough dc fast chargers. Just as soon as you vote in a Labour gov't that will likely be solved.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

10 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I don't need an EV to know how many miles I drive per day. 37 is a very long way from 200. The Silverado reviews in a year will tell us just what the real number is.

The F150 lightning comes in just shy of its EPA rating:

The F-150 Lightning with the extended range battery we tested in July went 270 miles (435 km) in our 70 mph range test, falling about 5% less than the vehicle's highway EPA range rating of 283 miles (455 km)

Irrelevant, if you do not drive an EV, as Jay does not. Not many people do. Not enough to waste time thinking about it.

• Like 1

(edited)

15 hours ago, notsonice said:

less than 3 percent of Americans have a daily commute of over 50 miles one way

and of the 3 percent only 19 percent or 600,000 have a one way commute of over 100 miles one way out of 143 million who commute to work....

so less than .5 percent of all Americans , in your dream world, commute more than 100 miles one way every day

In the real world 99.5 percent of all Americans have a one way of less than 100 miles each way. So 99.5 percent of all Americans can buy a EV and not have to worry about stopping mid trip to charge their car to go to or from work every day.

EXTRA-LONG COMMUTES While most workers live within 25 miles or so of their job, an unlucky handful have a much longer road to travel. Dubbed "stretch commuters," these are the people who are willing to go 50 miles or more one way just to get to work. We analyzed data from the Department of Transportation's National Household Travel Survey to get an idea of just how much of the workforce is dealing with a grueling commute. 8. How many workers stretch commute? Each year, an estimated 3.3 million Americans face a daily one-way commute of 50 miles or longer. Combined, they make the trip roughly 329 million times annually. 9. What percentage of commuters travel more than 75 miles one-way? While 60% of stretch commuters are traveling between 50 and 74 miles to get to work, nearly 20% are trekking between 75 and 99 miles to reach their destination. 10. How many commute more than 100 miles? Some stretch commuters take even longer to make it into the office or onto the job site each day. Seven percent of workers have a commute of 100 to 124 miles while 6% go anywhere from 125 to 199 miles one-way. 11. How many work 200 miles or more away? Just under 200,000 Americans, or about 6% of stretch commuters, travel 200 miles or more to get to work. While many drive, approximately 24% choose to fly instead to save time. 12. Do men or women stretch commute more often? Men are far more likely to make the long haul, accounting for 274 million of annual stretch commute trips. Only about 16% of stretch commuters are women. 13. What occupation has the highest number of stretch commuters? Stretch commuting is highest in the manufacturing and construction industries, with 44% of workers going the distance. Forty percent of stretch commuters work in professional, managerial or technical jobs while the remaining 16% is divided between those who hold sales or administrative positions. (CreditDonkey)

Yes Im in agreement with a general commute, but dont many Americans drive 200+ miles for business trips?

Also I hear a lot about "driving season" in the summer in the US when I presume many Americans go on vacation, there is also thanksgiving and Christmas besides bank holidays, Easter etc when many make much longer journeys to see extended family. Imagine how long the queues would be at the very few charging stations!! 

Hey I dont live there, I'm just asking, but until there is the necessary infrastructure to cope with recharging at pretty much every gas station then its not going to be very practical IMHO.

Edited by Rob Plant
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

10 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Yes Im in agreement with a general commute, but dont many Americans drive 200+ miles for business trips?

Also I hear a lot about "driving season" in the summer in the US when I presume many Americans go on vacation, there is also thanksgiving and Christmas besides bank holidays, Easter etc when many make much longer journeys to see extended family. Imagine how long the queues would be at the very few charging stations!! 

Hey I dont live there, I'm just asking, but until there is the necessary infrastructure to cope with recharging at pretty much every gas station then its not going to be very practical IMHO.

Your mistake is quite obvious. You have no concept of how many EV charging stations we have. They are everywhere here in California and are spreading rapidly across the country. If you ever elect a labour government you might find out.

Here is the next network to be built

Tritium makes DC fast chargers for EVs. DC-America designs, makes, and installs EV charging stations. And now, the two companies are going to team up to create a US-wide, federally funded EV charging network.

Tritium and DC-America’s big US charging network

Specifically, DC-America’s charging station infrastructure will be equipped with Tritium’s fast chargers.

The rollout plan is, according to the two companies, expected to be compliant with federal Buy America standards and eligible for all 52 state and territories as part of the US Department of Transportation’s National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Formula Program, which will provide funding to states to strategically deploy EV charging stations. The program is allotted $1 billion a year from 2022 for five years.

According to the US Joint Office of Energy and Transportation, this investment will help build EV chargers across more than 75,000 miles of highway nationwide.

At the end of August, Tritium opened the doors of its new EV charger manufacturing facility in Lebanon, Tennessee – its first production footprint in the US. It’s expected to produce up to 30,000 DC fast chargers per year at peak capacity.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

25 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Your mistake is quite obvious. You have no concept of how many EV charging stations we have. They are everywhere here in California and are spreading rapidly across the country. If you ever elect a labour government you might find out.

Here is the next network to be built

Tritium makes DC fast chargers for EVs. DC-America designs, makes, and installs EV charging stations. And now, the two companies are going to team up to create a US-wide, federally funded EV charging network.

Tritium and DC-America’s big US charging network

Specifically, DC-America’s charging station infrastructure will be equipped with Tritium’s fast chargers.

The rollout plan is, according to the two companies, expected to be compliant with federal Buy America standards and eligible for all 52 state and territories as part of the US Department of Transportation’s National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Formula Program, which will provide funding to states to strategically deploy EV charging stations. The program is allotted $1 billion a year from 2022 for five years.

According to the US Joint Office of Energy and Transportation, this investment will help build EV chargers across more than 75,000 miles of highway nationwide.

At the end of August, Tritium opened the doors of its new EV charger manufacturing facility in Lebanon, Tennessee – its first production footprint in the US. It’s expected to produce up to 30,000 DC fast chargers per year at peak capacity.

None of that has any relevance to you, Jay.

You don't even drive an EV. Completely of no purpose.

(edited)

11 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

but dont many Americans drive 200+ miles for business trips?????

Less than .5 percent if that of Americans are driving passenger cars driving more than 200 miles a day for any daily business or commute.....

I posted the facts for you to read.........Please read again

Unless you are driving for Uber or delivering Pizzas in rural America???? ha ha ha

The Uber drivers I know are already driving EV's or hybrids as they have abandoned ICE vehicles to save money on fuel costs. And I would not order a Pizza from a Pizza shop more than a few miles from my home as I do not like cold soggy pizza...... Unless you think that many Americans like cold soggy pizza.....

so no 99.5 percent of Americans do not drive 200 + miles for business trips in passenger cars or suvs' on a daily basis

do you thing many Americans drive over 200 miles making business trips every day????? I do not know any one that does this ...............They use the phone or email these days

Edited by notsonice

(edited)

Tesla has started building a new Supercharger station in the Mojave Desert between Los Angeles and Las Vegas that will likely become tied for the largest Supercharger station in the world.

Tesla is currently growing its Supercharger network at an impressive rate. The automaker went from 23,277 Superchargers at 2,564 stations at the end of 2020 to 31,498 Superchargers at 3,476 stations at the end of 2021. That’s growing at a 35% year-over-year pace.

Lately, we are seeing a ramp-up of new installations with over 2,000 new Supercharger stalls installed last quarter.

Edited by Jay McKinsey