JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

1 minute readOctober 27, 20225:10 AM PDTLast Updated 19 hours ago

Tesla's Model Y tops new car registrations in Europe in September - report

Tesla hands over first cars produced at new plant in Gruenheide
Model Y cars are pictured during the opening ceremony of the new Tesla Gigafactory for electric cars in Gruenheide, Germany, March 22, 2022. Patrick Pleul/Pool via REUTERS

Oct 27 (Reuters) - Tesla Inc's (TSLA.O) Model Y topped new vehicle registrations in Europe last month, market research data showed, indicating that the mid-sized SUV from the world's most valuable automaker is fast-becoming a vehicle of choice in the region.

This is the first time that Tesla's sports utility vehicle has led the rankings in Europe, London-based JATO Dynamics said on Wednesday as 29,367 Model Y cars were registered last month, up 227% from last year.

13 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Your mistake is quite obvious. You have no concept of how many EV charging stations we have. They are everywhere here in California and are spreading rapidly across the country. If you ever elect a labour government you might find out.

Here is the next network to be built

Tritium makes DC fast chargers for EVs. DC-America designs, makes, and installs EV charging stations. And now, the two companies are going to team up to create a US-wide, federally funded EV charging network.

Tritium and DC-America’s big US charging network

Specifically, DC-America’s charging station infrastructure will be equipped with Tritium’s fast chargers.

The rollout plan is, according to the two companies, expected to be compliant with federal Buy America standards and eligible for all 52 state and territories as part of the US Department of Transportation’s National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Formula Program, which will provide funding to states to strategically deploy EV charging stations. The program is allotted $1 billion a year from 2022 for five years.

According to the US Joint Office of Energy and Transportation, this investment will help build EV chargers across more than 75,000 miles of highway nationwide.

At the end of August, Tritium opened the doors of its new EV charger manufacturing facility in Lebanon, Tennessee – its first production footprint in the US. It’s expected to produce up to 30,000 DC fast chargers per year at peak capacity.

Ok its good theyre "planning" to do this, maybe when they have finished the job in 5 years time or so EV's will be practical.

On 10/26/2022 at 6:49 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

I don't need an EV to know how many miles I drive per day. 37 is a very long way from 200. The Silverado reviews in a year will tell us just what the real number is.

The F150 lightning comes in just shy of its EPA rating:

The F-150 Lightning with the extended range battery we tested in July went 270 miles (435 km) in our 70 mph range test, falling about 5% less than the vehicle's highway EPA range rating of 283 miles (455 km)

The GM Hummer beats its EPA rating 

The Hummer EV surprised up a bit and finished up with 343 miles on the trip gauge and an average consumption rate of 1.6 miles per kWh (38.75 kWh/100km). Amazingly, the Hummer EV managed to beat its combined EPA range rating in our 70 mph range test by 14 miles 

Thinking about it more it sounds like your problem is mostly that there aren't enough dc fast chargers. Just as soon as you vote in a Labour gov't that will likely be solved.

I may well do that Jay as my MP (member of parliament) is probably the biggest clown on the planet and a Tory. Problem is he has one of the safest seats in the country. Look I hope youre right as I have a problem with deaths attributed to pollution globally it just seems that if OilPrice is typical of the populace of America then there doesnt seem to be the belief or desire to go down the EV route for some time.

Yes I have no issue with EV's its the infrastructure that currently lets the whole thing down but as you posted maybe that will change soon.

12 hours ago, notsonice said:

but dont many Americans drive 200+ miles for business trips?????

Less than .5 percent if that of Americans are driving passenger cars driving more than 200 miles a day for any daily business or commute.....

I posted the facts for you to read.........Please read again

Unless you are driving for Uber or delivering Pizzas in rural America???? ha ha ha

The Uber drivers I know are already driving EV's or hybrids as they have abandoned ICE vehicles to save money on fuel costs. And I would not order a Pizza from a Pizza shop more than a few miles from my home as I do not like cold soggy pizza...... Unless you think that many Americans like cold soggy pizza.....

so no 99.5 percent of Americans do not drive 200 + miles for business trips in passenger cars or suvs' on a daily basis

do you thing many Americans drive over 200 miles making business trips every day????? I do not know any one that does this ...............They use the phone or email these days

No my point was on business trips that these may need to be done 3 or 4 times a month which would naturally put off those having to do that in buying an EV. and they would choose an ICE or hybrid.

If youre saying that never happens it sounds surprising to me but maybe with Skype and Teams these days its not such a problem as it was pre-pandemic.

6 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

No my point was on business trips that these may need to be done 3 or 4 times a month which would naturally put off those having to do that in buying an EV. and they would choose an ICE or hybrid.

If youre saying that never happens it sounds surprising to me but maybe with Skype and Teams these days its not such a problem as it was pre-pandemic.

If you are a business person in LA today the possible business trips you are describing are 1. SF/Sacramento 2. Las Vegas 3. Phoenix AZ 4 San Diego, that's it.  There are hundreds of charging stations on each of those routes today.

• Like 1

China Electric Car Sales — 26% Fully Electric, 35% Have A Plug

Plugin vehicles continue to be all the rage in the Chinese auto market. They grew 78% year over year (YoY) in September. They scored over 636,000 registrations last month, a new record. Plugin hybrids (PHEVs) surged 148% year over year (YoY). They reached 161,000 registrations in September, which is their fourth fifth record month in row. It seems the Chinese version of PHEVs, with an average of 30+ kWh batteries and working more as EREVs, has struck a chord with buyers. As for BEVs, they grew a “paltry” 62% … to a record 475,000 units. 

If electrification continues at this pace, expect in a year from now the plugin share to be at some 45%, with BEVs owning one third (33%) of the Chinese market!

And expect BEVs to cross the 50% share threshold by 2025! Imagine that: the largest automotive market in the world being BEV-based in three years time!

7 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

I may well do that Jay as my MP (member of parliament) is probably the biggest clown on the planet and a Tory. Problem is he has one of the safest seats in the country. Look I hope youre right as I have a problem with deaths attributed to pollution globally it just seems that if OilPrice is typical of the populace of America then there doesnt seem to be the belief or desire to go down the EV route for some time.

Yes I have no issue with EV's its the infrastructure that currently lets the whole thing down but as you posted maybe that will change soon.

That was the strategy behind moving Tesla to Texas, the heart of pro oil, anti EV culture in the US. They can no longer denigrate Tesla as a California company and Texans are fiercely proud of everything Texas. Very soon Texans will be driving Texas made Teslas in droves.

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2022 at 10:43 AM, Jay McKinsey said:

That was the strategy behind moving Tesla to Texas, the heart of pro oil, anti EV culture in the US. They can no longer denigrate Tesla as a California company and Texans are fiercely proud of everything Texas. Very soon Texans will be driving Texas made Teslas in droves.

Your a f**ckin' idiot if you believe that trash...... California taxes ran Tesla out of the state to a more business friendly state.  Watch more and more move.  Even Hollyweird is having thoughts of leaving. I see by your amount of posts to how many +'s you have yer not a very popular fellow on here. Flakey Californian!!!!

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Your a f**ckin' idiot if you believe that trash...... California taxes ran Tesla out of the state to a more business friendly state.  Watch more and more move.  Even Hollyweird is having thoughts of leaving. I see by your amount of posts to how many +'s you have yer not a very popular fellow on here. Flakey Californian!!!!

Business friendly?? Texas doesn't even allow Tesla to legally sell their cars in the state and Tesla corporate operations are still all here in Silicon Valley because no one is willing to move to Texas.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

The Green Dream as hit a brick wall as the realities of how an economy runs come home.

Here is the shape of things to come.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Germany-Is-Dismantling-A-Wind-Farm-To-Make-Way-For-A-Coal-Mine.html

"A wind farm is being dismantled in western Germany to make way for an expansion of an open-pit lignite coal mine in a “paradoxical” situation highlighting the current prioritization of energy security over clean energy in Europe’s biggest economy.  "

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Haha 2

On 10/30/2022 at 4:45 AM, Jay McKinsey said:

Business friendly?? Texas doesn't even allow Tesla to legally sell their cars in the state and Tesla corporate operations are still all here in Silicon Valley because no one is willing to move to Texas.

None of that means anything to you, Jay, as you still prefer to operate a fossil fuel vehicle, as any rational man would.

(edited)

16 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

The Green Dream as hit a brick wall as the realities of how an economy runs come home.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Germany-Is-Dismantling-A-Wind-Farm-To-Make-Way-For-A-Coal-Mine.html

"A wind farm is being dismantled in western Germany to make way for an expansion of an open-pit lignite coal mine in a “paradoxical” situation highlighting the current prioritization of energy security over clean energy in Europe’s biggest economy.  "

.....The dismantling of at least one wind turbine....Enjoy your big victory...one turbine dismantled....500 more installed

500 new turbines are installed onshore a year in Germany

Enjoy..........Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile

PS did you see that US coal consumption is down over 7 percent in the US in 2022..... thanks in large part to renewables and Sleepy Joe............

Edited by notsonice
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Dismantled is not destroyed.  It will almost certainly be reinstalled elsewhere or just put back after the coal is removed.

On 9/27/2022 at 6:55 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

45 days till we indict him.

TIK TOK TIK TOK...

On 11/2/2022 at 4:43 PM, TailingsPond said:

Dismantled is not destroyed.  It will almost certainly be reinstalled elsewhere or just put back after the coal is removed.

The Green nightmare has already caused energy prices to increase, more of the same is expected.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

On 11/2/2022 at 4:34 PM, notsonice said:

.....The dismantling of at least one wind turbine....Enjoy your big victory...one turbine dismantled....500 more installed

500 new turbines are installed onshore a year in Germany

Enjoy..........Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile

PS did you see that US coal consumption is down over 7 percent in the US in 2022..... thanks in large part to renewables and Sleepy Joe............

Meanwhile, reality emerges in the US, the irrelevant emergency reserve releases have zero impact on oil prices, and the demand for oil keeps ramping up.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Oil-Prices/WTI-Crude-Spikes-Almost-5-On-Fears-Of-Tight-Supply.html

"...Strategic Petroleum Reserve releases have neared their end. Throughout the SPR release period, which spanned from April to now releasing about 180 million barrels, commercial crude oil inventories rose between 20 and 30 million barrels. With the SPR releases now in the rearview, the market is fearing a substantial decrease in U.S. oil inventories. WTI had risen to $92.37 by that time."

Edited by Ecocharger

On 11/5/2022 at 8:47 AM, Ecocharger said:

Meanwhile, reality emerges in the US, the irrelevant emergency reserve releases have zero impact on oil prices, and the demand for oil keeps ramping up.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Oil-Prices/WTI-Crude-Spikes-Almost-5-On-Fears-Of-Tight-Supply.html

"...Strategic Petroleum Reserve releases have neared their end. Throughout the SPR release period, which spanned from April to now releasing about 180 million barrels, commercial crude oil inventories rose between 20 and 30 million barrels. With the SPR releases now in the rearview, the market is fearing a substantial decrease in U.S. oil inventories. WTI had risen to $92.37 by that time."

What happened to your $130 Oil 4th quarter oil that you posted in July...............Goldman Sachs sell you a load of shit again?

Looks like the Fed will not stop until it is down to the $60 to 70 range

Enjoy as nothing is slowing down renewables.....not even  fossil fueled inflation

8 hours ago, notsonice said:

What happened to your $130 Oil 4th quarter oil that you posted in July...............Goldman Sachs sell you a load of shit again?

Looks like the Fed will not stop until it is down to the $60 to 70 range

Enjoy as nothing is slowing down renewables.....not even  fossil fueled inflation

What planet do you live on? Certainly not Planet Earth, where demand for oil has even got this Green Goblin in the White House promoting the increased production of oil.

• Like 1

(edited)

Biden & Co. have now gone full circle and are screaming for the production of oil to be ramped up drastically to keep America rolling.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Big-Oil-Is-Not-Dancing-To-Government-Tunes-Period.html

"Earlier this week, the chief executive of Halliburton said that the era of “exponential” growth in U.S. oil and gas was over. “We’ll see growing investment, but quite frankly, nothing even close to what we saw from 2008 to 2014,” Jeff Miller said at the ADIPEC conference in Abu Dhabi, adding, “Companies were spending at a rate of 120 percent of their cash flow and that can’t go on indefinitely.”

“I think they have a responsibility to act in the interest of their consumers, their community and their country to invest in America by increasing production and refining capacity,” President Biden said of oil companies in his Monday speech."

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

Here is where Biden & Co. are planning to lead America, into a brick wall of high energy prices which will cripple American industry and production.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Energy-Bills-In-Europe-Are-90-Higher-Than-Last-Year.html

"Electricity and gas prices are soaring across Europe, with bills close to double from last year in most European capitals, according to new data from the Household Energy Price Index—a monthly tracker of energy prices for households across 33 European capitals, including the 27 EU member states and several non-members.

According to the data collected for the HEPI, natural gas bills in Europe have gone up by as much as 111 percent over the past year, with electricity prices up by an average of 69 percent. Taken together, Euronews calculates these two make for a total 90-percent increase in household energy bills over the past year."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Rolling Eye 1

13 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

“I think they have a responsibility to act in the interest of their consumers, their community and their country to invest in America by increasing production and refining capacity,” President Biden said of oil companies in his Monday speech."

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Here is where Biden & Co. are planning to lead America, into a brick wall of high energy prices which will cripple American industry and production.

You contradict your own posts

(edited)

On 11/8/2022 at 2:31 AM, TailingsPond said:

You contradict your own posts

Not at all, it shows that even the most determined opponent of oil and fossil fuels is now crying for an increase in oil production.

With the new Congress now providing a roadblock to the Green Goblin anti-oil plans, yesterday was, according to the Prez, "a good day for democracy." Agreed.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

With the new Congress now providing a roadblock to the Green Goblin anti-oil plans, yesterday was, according to the Prez, "a good day for democracy." Agreed.

Liz must be feeling somewhat justified.