JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

On 11/14/2022 at 6:26 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

You continue to astound us with your economic stupidity, and that is the truth.

The US is a net exporter of petroleum, we have no oil dependence. The oil is imported because we have the refineries and then the product is exported.

image.png.e4eb947ab5bc4aea90bfd90405328c42.pngimage.png.d0131dd022a07a9712f85396593b029f.png

Oil dependence will continue at about 99% or more of the transportation sector plus huge amounts of the industrial and household energy supply.

Nothing changes here.

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

It's done in the House, and the Green revolution is officially over.

HaHa, The Green New Deal is already the law of the land. All these fools are going to do is give us a couple years of theater while the Green revolution moves full speed ahead.

• Downvote 1

(edited)

On 11/14/2022 at 8:23 PM, Polyphia said:

Look at the bigger picture and how it stacks up historically--the Republicans underperformed significantly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/11/10/republican-losses-2022-midterms/

The House is now anti-Green, which is good news for those of us like Jay who cling to our fossil fuel vehicles.

Hey, wait a minute, if I recall correctly YOU drive a fossil fuel vehicle , too, right? So this is good news for you as well.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

The House is now anti-Green, which is good news for those of us like Jay who cling to our fossil fuel vehicles.

Hey, wait a minute, if I recall correctly YOU drive a fossil fuel vehicle , too, right? So this is good news for you as well.

I drive a hybrid and am in the process of replacing my fossil fuel furnace and central air with a geothermal system; the company just . With the support my state happens to provide, I will end up saving money AND the environment with the new system. An electric car will be my next purchase. The House won't be anti-green by much, and that will probably change back to pro-green after the next election given the dumpster fire the House will be under Republican leadership and the far-right nut jobs like Greene, Boebert, Goetz (if he is not in jail), who, by the way, are likely to throw a wrench into the non-Maga agenda. That is, if the Republicans can actually create an agenda/platform.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

7 hours ago, Polyphia said:

I drive a hybrid and am in the process of replacing my fossil fuel furnace and central air with a geothermal system; the company just . With the support my state happens to provide, I will end up saving money AND the environment with the new system. An electric car will be my next purchase. The House won't be anti-green by much, and that will probably change back to pro-green after the next election given the dumpster fire the House will be under Republican leadership and the far-right nut jobs like Greene, Boebert, Goetz (if he is not in jail), who, by the way, are likely to throw a wrench into the non-Maga agenda. That is, if the Republicans can actually create an agenda/platform.

"Hybrid" as in fossil fuel, heh heh. 

You are destroying the planet by your own reckoning.

For shame....

Edited by Ecocharger

6 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

"Hybrid" as in fossil fuel, heh heh. 

You are destroying the planet by your own reckoning.

For shame....

It is always entertaining to have a discussion with you, as the pattern of discourse you use consistently reminds me of how my 6 year old nephew tries to make a point/argue.

• Great Response! 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Polyphia said:

It is always entertaining to have a discussion with you, as the pattern of discourse you use consistently reminds me of how my 6 year old nephew tries to make a point/argue.

You have a child genius in your family...he will graduate from Harvard at age 12.

• Great Response! 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

2 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

You have a child genius in your family...he will graduate from Harvard at age 12.

I told my friend about this conversation and about the type of response you would make--I was spot on. My nephew most certainly behaves and thinks in ways that are consistent with the average six year old.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

34 minutes ago, Polyphia said:

I told my friend about this conversation and about the type of response you would make--I was spot on. My nephew most certainly behaves and thinks in ways that are consistent with the average six year old.

A genius six-year old who will graduate from university at age twelve.

As usual, you and your Green cronies are completely lacking a sense of humor, which is an unforgivable sin in public affairs.

Edited by Ecocharger

25 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

A genius six-year old who will graduate from university at age twelve.

As usual, you and your Green cronies are completely lacking a sense of humor, which is an unforgivable sin in public affairs.

Let's see how long this can go--you seem like the type of person who for their ego needs to get in the last word.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Polyphia said:

Let's see how long this can go--you seem like the type of person who for their ego needs to get in the last word.

I drive a hybrid and am in the process of replacing my fossil fuel furnace and central air with a geothermal system; the company just . With the support my state happens to provide, I will end up saving money AND the environment with the new system. An electric car will be my next purchase. 

Replacing a f.f. furnace with geothermal with tax-payer money makes you a burden on tax-payers, especially if you f.f. furnace is still in good working order. Yup and go buy yer electric car like Jay did. Oh wait, he hasn't yet. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

I drive a hybrid and am in the process of replacing my fossil fuel furnace and central air with a geothermal system; the company just . With the support my state happens to provide, I will end up saving money AND the environment with the new system. An electric car will be my next purchase. 

Replacing a f.f. furnace with geothermal with tax-payer money makes you a burden on tax-payers, especially if you f.f. furnace is still in good working order. Yup and go buy yer electric car like Jay did. Oh wait, he hasn't yet. 

Fantastic, welcome to our newest Greenie. Oh and do take note of all that Green energy efficiency that saves the country huge money.

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Fantastic, welcome to our newest Greenie. Oh and do take note of all that Green energy efficiency that saves the country huge money.

Says the man driving a gas guzzler!!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

My furnace is more than 20 years old, and I was told that it might make it another year or two. Because so many people are switching to geothermal, it will be at least a year before it is installed. People in my state who pay for electric and gas pay into an energy efficiency program (a very small amount relative to their overall bill) with the utility company that is then returned to customers when they improve the energy efficiency of their home--for example, by getting a rebate when they buy a gas water heater that is above a certain level of efficiency. It's only a burden if you don't want to be more energy efficient and save money on your energy bill--you know, to own the libs or some foolishness like that.

And you do realize that we all subsidize big oil to the tune of tens of billions of dollars each year to support fossil fuel exploration, production, and consumption, correct? Talk about a burden on taxpayers.

And you and Ecocharger excoriate Jay for not switching to an electric vehicle. You note that I shouldn't switch from my FF furnace if it is still in good working order--doesn't that mean you should recommend that if Jay's FF vehicle is still in good working order, he shouldn't buy an electric vehicle yet either?

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Says the man driving a gas guzzler!!

Except I only drive it a few miles a week. I live next to an electric train station. It is something called math.

• Great Response! 1

5 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

I don't believe direct "taxpayer money" is being used to subsidize conversions. 

Tax credits and rebates are used, which reduces that taxpayer's burden.

And does NOT directly increase anyone else's burden.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

19 hours ago, Polyphia said:

Could anything be more humorous than this?

Natural gas industry to plan a triple increase in exports from U.S. under a Green Prez!!!

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/WoodMac-US-To-Triple-LNG-Exports-By-2033.html

"The United States is on track to triple LNG exports by 2033.

LNG buyers are scrambling for diversification and reliable, low-cost supply. 

High demand in Europe, high natural gas prices, and increased export capacity made the United States the world’s largest LNG exporter in the first half of 2022."

Edited by Ecocharger

the death of fossil fuels ........one battery at a time.....

reNEWS

21 November 2022 10:57

Harmony Energy energises Pillswood battery project

The storage system was brought online ahead of schedule

21 November 2022 10:57  Energy Storage

Harmony Energy has successfully energised the Pillswood project, a 98MW capacity battery energy storage system.

Located in East Yorkshire, the system employs a Tesla 2-hour Megapack system, allowing it to store up to 196MWh of electricity in a single cycle. This is enough electricity to power around 300,000 UK homes for two hours.

The site is located adjacent to National Grid’s Creyke Beck substation, the same connection point proposed for phases “A” and “B” of the world’s largest offshore wind farm, Dogger Bank, which is set to go live on the first phase in summer 2023.

Batteries enable National Grid to maximise the efficiency of wind farms by reducing the amount of time a wind farm needs to be switched off, ‘curtailed’, due to supply/demand imbalances or network constraints.

The project was originally intended to become operational over two phases in December 2022 and March 2023, but the timetable has accelerated to enable both phases to energise this month, in time to support National Grid in its efforts to provide stable and secure power to UK households over the challenging winter period.

Construction of the Pillswood project has been managed by Tesla. The project will be operated through Autobidder, Tesla’s algorithmic trading platform.

Peter Kavanagh, Harmony Energy Director, said: “The completion and energisation of the Pillswood scheme, the largest of its kind in Europe by energy capacity, is a significant milestone for Harmony Energy Income Trust, being the first of six similar projects the Trust intends to deliver in the coming year.

“It is also a significant achievement for Harmony Energy Limited: this project is the third, and largest, battery energy storage project which we have developed and subsequently delivered through construction.

“All stakeholders have recognised the importance of achieving energisation for this project ahead of winter, and we would like to thank Tesla, G2 Energy and Northern Powergrid for their efforts in delivering the project ahead of schedule despite a very challenging geopolitical and global supply chain environment.”

3 minutes ago, notsonice said:

Located in East Yorkshire, the system employs a Tesla 2-hour Megapack system, allowing it to store up to 196MWh of electricity in a single cycle. This is enough electricity to power around 300,000 UK homes for two hours.

How does this even help, accept the wealthy, 2 hours and at what cost? Them UK folks got more money than brains.  300K homes for two hours? 

• Upvote 1

(edited)

7 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

How does this even help, accept the wealthy, 2 hours and at what cost? Them UK folks got more money than brains.  300K homes for two hours? 

read the article and try to understand how battery storage works.............not sure why you think this is a wealth thing????

Battery storage is grid supply connected and benefits all that are hooked up to the grid........Yep every day during peak hours it will put out power equivalent to the needs of 300000 homes for 2 hours..............Do you understand that this helps store excess, cheap,  energy generated by wind, in the middle of the night for use during peak demand every day????? It replaces/reduces the need for  a peaker power plant that runs on fossil fuels....

try to keep up with why battery storage, or any storage of any kind of energy for that matter.

Edited by notsonice
  • Haha 1

(edited)

13 hours ago, notsonice said:

the death of fossil fuels ........one battery at a time.....

reNEWS

Harmony Energy energises Pillswood battery project

The storage system was brought online ahead of schedule

21 November 2022 10:57  Energy Storage

Harmony Energy has successfully energised the Pillswood project, a 98MW capacity battery energy storage system.

The site is located adjacent to National Grid’s Creyke Beck substation, the same connection point proposed for phases “A” and “B” of the world’s largest offshore wind farm, Dogger Bank, which is set to go live on the first phase in summer 2023.

Batteries enable National Grid to maximise the efficiency of wind farms by reducing the amount of time a wind farm needs to be switched off, ‘curtailed’, due to supply/demand imbalances or network constraints.

The project was originally intended to become operational over two phases in December 2022 and March 2023, but the timetable has accelerated to enable both phases to energise this month, in time to support National Grid in its efforts to provide stable and secure power to UK households over the challenging winter period.

Construction of the Pillswood project has been managed by Tesla. The project will be operated through Autobidder, Tesla’s algorithmic trading platform.

Peter Kavanagh, Harmony Energy Director, said: “The completion and energisation of the Pillswood scheme, the largest of its kind in Europe by energy capacity, is a significant milestone for Harmony Energy Income Trust, being the first of six similar projects the Trust intends to deliver in the coming year.

“It is also a significant achievement for Harmony Energy Limited: this project is the third, and largest, battery energy storage project which we have developed and subsequently delivered through construction.

“All stakeholders have recognised the importance of achieving energisation for this project ahead of winter, and we would like to thank Tesla, G2 Energy and Northern Powergrid for their efforts in delivering the project ahead of schedule despite a very challenging geopolitical and global supply chain environment.”

Green energy will always be subsidiary source of energy in the mix, still 85% of world energy is fossil fuel, over 99% of transportation energy is fossil fuel. 

This situation will only be solidified going forward as the weaknesses in the climate science behind the Green movement become exposed.

Edited by Ecocharger

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

Green energy will always be subsidiary source of energy in the mix, still 85% of world energy is fossil fuel, over 99% of transportation energy is fossil fuel. 

This situation will only be solidified going forward as the weaknesses in the climate science behind the Green movement become exposed.

still 85% of world energy is fossil fuel????? last report out for 2021 it was 82% and declining at greater than 1 percent per year and picking up steam

This situation will only be solidified going forward?????? yeah Fossil fuels will  be declining at 2 percent a year in just a few years

2030???? 70 percent fossil fuels of total world energy including transportation

2040???? 40 percent fossil fuels of total world energy including transportation

Rome was not built in a day.

Enjoy the transition to renewable power, I am.

• Upvote 1

To everyone on this sight have a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

• Upvote 1

On 11/21/2022 at 11:04 AM, notsonice said:

read the article and try to understand how battery storage works.............not sure why you think this is a wealth thing????

Battery storage is grid supply connected and benefits all that are hooked up to the grid........Yep every day during peak hours it will put out power equivalent to the needs of 300000 homes for 2 hours..............Do you understand that this helps store excess, cheap,  energy generated by wind, in the middle of the night for use during peak demand every day????? It replaces/reduces the need for  a peaker power plant that runs on fossil fuels....

try to keep up with why battery storage, or any storage of any kind of energy for that matter.

Had to laugh and respond. Me thinks the old ruff neck had too many pipe connections go awry or caught too many tongs to the noggen!

• Rolling Eye 1

On 11/18/2022 at 3:21 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

HaHa, The Green New Deal is already the law of the land. All these fools are going to do is give us a couple years of theater while the Green revolution moves full speed ahead.

Brave last words. The Green revolution will be compromised by science, not the propaganda science, but real science.