JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

3 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

Do you own booster cables?

Some range is greater than none, do you not agree?

Fact is fossil fuel vehicles rely on batteries too and often require additional heating to work.  People literally build little houses for their cars to keep them warm; they are called garages.

with an EV or hybrid you can fully de-ice and heat your car before leaving the house!

Its been cold in the UK recently and its saved me freezing my nuts off for the last week or so! Ahh technology, dont you just love it!

10 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

Do you own booster cables?

Some range is greater than none, do you not agree?

Fact is fossil fuel vehicles rely on batteries too and often require additional heating to work.  People literally build little houses for their cars to keep them warm; they are called garages.

Range for EVs shrinks during cold weather, sometimes disastrously.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

with an EV or hybrid you can fully de-ice and heat your car before leaving the house!

Its been cold in the UK recently and its saved me freezing my nuts off for the last week or so! Ahh technology, dont you just love it!

Sooner or later you have to drive in the freezing air, park somewhere. The range of the EVs shrinks amazingly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Sooner or later you have to drive in the freezing air, park somewhere. The range of the EVs shrinks amazingly.

Yes but mine's a hybrid so ive got 350 miles regardless!

Thats where good old fashioned ICE kicks in , best of both worlds Eco!

• Like 1

(edited)

6 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

The fuel economy of all cars decreases significantly in the cold. 

Tires harden, lubricants become more viscous, the air is literally denser and more difficult to move through.

https://www.energy.gov/energysaver/fuel-economy-cold-weather

Yes, it is a bit worse for EV's but that is only because they don't automatically make waste heat.  If your car is preheated and you don't run the heater much EVs are actually more efficient the cold.

"Fuel economy tests show that, in city driving, a conventional gasoline car's gas mileage is roughly 15% lower at 20°F than it would be at 77°F. It can drop as much as 24% for short (3- to 4-mile) trips."

"For electric vehicles (EVs), fuel economy can drop roughly 39% in mixed city and highway driving, and range can drop by 41%. About two-thirds of the extra energy consumed is used to heat the cabin.  When the cabin heater is not used, EV fuel economy is 8% lower at 20°F than at 75°F. Driving range is about 12% lower."

Edited by TailingsPond

10 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Yes but mine's a hybrid so ive got 350 miles regardless!

Thats where good old fashioned ICE kicks in , best of both worlds Eco!

Hybrid = fossil fuel vehicle

4 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

The fuel economy of all cars decreases significantly in the cold. 

Tires harden, lubricants become more viscous, the air is literally denser and more difficult to move through.

https://www.energy.gov/energysaver/fuel-economy-cold-weather

Yes, it is a bit worse for EV's but that is only because they don't automatically make waste heat.  If your car is preheated and you don't run the heater much EVs are actually more efficient the cold.

"Fuel economy tests show that, in city driving, a conventional gasoline car's gas mileage is roughly 15% lower at 20°F than it would be at 77°F. It can drop as much as 24% for short (3- to 4-mile) trips."

"For electric vehicles (EVs), fuel economy can drop roughly 39% in mixed city and highway driving, and range can drop by 41%. About two-thirds of the extra energy consumed is used to heat the cabin.  When the cabin heater is not used, EV fuel economy is 8% lower at 20°F than at 75°F. Driving range is about 12% lower."

On longer trips EVs lose a lot of range in the cold, just when you do not want to lose range.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

Demand for coal to generate electricity has been ramping up consistently for the past twenty years.

Higher prices for energy suggest that a recession is now imminent.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/The-Fatal-Flaw-Of-The-Renewable-Revolution.html

"Estimated-energy-end-use-expenditures-fo "Figure 4. Chart from article called, Energy expenditures have surged, posing challenges for policymakers, by two OECD economists."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Like 1

(edited)

Coal is king for electricity production in non-OECD countries.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/The-Fatal-Flaw-Of-The-Renewable-Revolution.html

"Non-OECD-Electricity-by-Fuel.png?resize= Figure 8. Electricity production by type of fuel for non-OECD countries, based on data from BP’s 2022 Statistical Review of World Energy.

Figure 8 shows that non-OECD countries have been rapidly ramping up electricity production from coal." 

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

On 2/9/2023 at 11:56 AM, turbguy said:

I believe you have ignored a rather important input term and interim steps in that process diagram.  The Calvin cycle has some real neat tricks up it's sleeve!

I am certain you can discern what that missing input term might be.

It is a pity that humankind cannot seem to replicate the process, without invoking other forms of life.

The origin of life on Earth is a subject of some considerable controversy, ranging from the "waving of a magic wand" by a grand deity, to the deposition of materials from an arrival of something from outer space, to the chance formation arising out of "just the right combination" of the right energy and right organic compounds.  That origin may never be nailed down. 

Leave it to say, life is a chaotic system, living within chaos.

Thank you for pointing that out.

But usually, when we say "from food ingested to waste egested", we do not go into the details of how the end product of mushy squash, or any other form, is made along the guts, yes? 'o' '-' >,<

Not too sure if your intention in mentioning calvin cycle and those, was to highlight the intermediary product as a possible source of bio fuel?

Owing to the oxygen involved, removal might not be easy.

Please share with us the idea or the process you have in mind.....

By "other organism", do you mean algae?........ There was a happening discussion on how efficient that is years ago i.e. to let grow into a full tank, harvest, compressed or burned or burried for millions of years, etc, yes?? '-' +~+

Edited by specinho

On 2/9/2023 at 12:29 PM, Ron Wagner said:

Evolution is widely supported by science. I am sure you would agree with that. I do have my own evidence that God actually exists but you have to have "eyes to see and ears to hear" in order to see that truth and hear from Holy Spirit. I hope you have an encounter with him before you die. 

Somewhere in Genesis said :" WE create human in OUR likeness." It might mean there is NOT just ONE god.

Could they be spirits of higher beings? Energy forms of the universe? Aliens? 

2. Old testament is fulled of chaos, wars, bloody and brutal, said to be following instruction from higher beings, spirits, Gods etc.

"Clash of titans" and its sequel movie(s) might be worth watching to find perspectives untaught for before about universe, gods and men in any religious class.....

3. Do you believe Jesus can be punished as a God? For chaos he allowed and not able to put it under controlled.

When it happened, all used to be devoted christians show their true colours....... Vicious over  minor things, malicious hypocrites, going through the motion but have faith their God is the only and almighty without hearts or mind or sincerity in it. When christians pray, they suffer......... 

Religion and politics are two main sources of discourse and roots of most problems. We should do away with them officially, but allow private practices freely shall choose to, especially after they have grown up, yes?

3. There could be a bit of all in those theories mentioned by Turbguy.

(edited)

please note the decline in coal.......

Enjoy the transition........

World Economic Forum

Feb 9, 2023

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2023/02/renewables-world-top-electricity-source-data

ENERGY TRANSITION

Renewables will be world’s top electricity source within three years, IEA data reveals

Feb 9, 2023

• Renewables combined with nuclear power will more than cover the increase in global electricity demand between 2022 to 2025, according to the IEA.
  • Clean energy sources will increasingly supply growth in global electricity demand, squeezing out fossil fuels in the process, the agency says in its latest report.
one of the key points in the article
  • A bar chart showing renewables and nuclear will cover all growth in global electricity demand up to 2025.

Enjoy the demise of Fossil Fuels..I am sure the Coal lovers (idiots) will downvote this one........

Edited by notsonice
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, specinho said:

But usually, when we say "from food ingested to waste egested", we do not go into the details of how the end product of mushy squash, or any other form, is made along the guts, yes? 'o' '-' >,<

Not too sure if your intention in mentioning calvin cycle and those, was to highlight the intermediary product as a possible source of bio fuel?

By "other organism", do you mean algae?........ There was a happening discussion on how efficient that is years ago i.e. to let grow into a full tank, harvest, compressed or burned or burried for millions of years, etc, yes?? '-' +~+

Peat, tree farms for wood chips, and many different plants could provide a lot of cellulose if need be. Algae from polluted areas of the seas could be cleaned up and used as fuel also. It is rich in nitrogen and could be used in soil for added as a fertilizer and tilth increaser, much as peat moss is. 

186,091 views Jan 31, 2023 #ElonMusk #GeneralMotors #Tesla

ARK Invest has correctly forecasted that Tesla's electric vehicle cost declines will outpace the industry, meaning that competitors would have to either cut price or sell inferior vehicles at a higher price in order to compete with Tesla. Following Elon Musk's price cuts at Tesla, Ford CEO Jim Farley announced price slashes on the Mustang Mach-E, which may be DEVASTATING to Ford's profitability. Meanwhile General Motors may finally be listening to Elon Musk and copying tesla's 4680 battery type. At the same time we've heard news out of Toyota confirming that Tesla is indeed damaging legacy auto. Investors are all fearing the worst from Tesla, but it appears that Ford, GM, and Toyota are starting to have BIG problems. #Tesla #ElonMusk #Toyota #GeneralMotors #Ford • Tesla’s CHECKMATE Move is WRECKING the Car Industry: https://youtu.be/RG2Y_pssr54 • How Tesla’s Megapack is SECRETLY Helping them Sell More Cars: https://youtu.be/0BB_RWok07U Website: https://themarketisopen.com Patreon: https://patreon.com/themarketisopen Twitter: https://twitter.com/themarketisopen E ln(musk) T-Shirt: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

worthy of a bump for the slow one that downvotes progress

World Economic Forum

Feb 9, 2023

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2023/02/renewables-world-top-electricity-source-data

ENERGY TRANSITION

Renewables will be world’s top electricity source within three years, IEA data reveals

Feb 9, 2023

• Renewables combined with nuclear power will more than cover the increase in global electricity demand between 2022 to 2025, according to the IEA.
  • Clean energy sources will increasingly supply growth in global electricity demand, squeezing out fossil fuels in the process, the agency says in its latest report.
  • A bar chart showing renewables and nuclear will cover all growth in global electricity demand up to 2025.

Enjoy the demise of Fossil Fuels..I am sure the Coal lovers (idiots) will downvote this one........

• Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

21 hours ago, specinho said:

You were missing the energy input term.  Photons, particularly those at red and blue "wavelengths".  

The Calvin process has several intermediate steps between input photons plus CO2 plus H2O and output sugars plus O2.  I have no other process in mind.  Perhaps there is one.

As for "other forms of life", feel free to choose from the multiple available. 

(edited)

6 hours ago, notsonice said:

worthy of a bump for the slow one that downvotes progress

World Economic Forum

ENERGY TRANSITION

Renewables HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH will be

WEF idiots... But then noscience posted it so... no surprise

China, India, Indonesia(top 3 in production), Vietnam, Poland, South Africa(nearly all time high) all hit all time highs in coal production/consumption with projected increases in coal production greater than the entirety of USA(4th largest in the world) coal production going into the future...

WHY do you continuously embarrass yourself?  I know why the WEF does so, but why you?  Same reason?  Your religion demands it of you?

Edited by footeab@yahoo.com
spelling.
  • Upvote 3

(edited)

With all the debates concerning the pros and cons of renewable energy, let me emphasize the following:

• The sun freely offers it energy to all Americans, without discrimination.
  • The sun NEVER decides to hike up the cost of power by limiting supplies.
  • The sun will NEVER retaliate against Americans because they did something the sun doesn't like.
  • The sun is dependable.
  • The sun is sustainable.
  • The sun has ZERO carbon emissions.
  • The sun will have no "solar peak". It's been very reliable for several million (if not billion) years.
  • The sun has zero interest in politics.
  • The sun has zero interest in religion.

Edited by turbguy
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

49 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

WEF idiots... But then noscience posted it so... no surprise

China, India, Indonesia(top 3 in production), Vietnam, Poland, South Africa(nearly all time high) all hit all time highs in coal production/consumption with projected increases in coal production greater than the entirety of USA(4th largest in the world) coal production going into the future...

WHY do you continuously embarrass yourself?  I know why the WEF does so, but why you?  Same reason?  Your religion demands it of you?

you are like a moth to the flame.....you fly right into it.......

I am sure the Coal lovers (idiots) will downvote this one........and Footinthemouth flies right into the flame

squeezing out fossil fuels in the process...enjoy Gomer

take a look at the chart........Coal powered generation worldwide declines....Yeah

If you love burning coal so much move to China...I hear it is just a great place to choke on the dirty air

did you bother to read the whole article??? you should ....enjoy the transition......

Coal is toast....Peak coal happened in 2013/14 and it is now all downhill...

I love the highlights......it covers the whole world......did you notice the word GLOBAL??????

even with EVs coming out en masse ....renewables meets the global electricty demand...meaning less Gasoline consumption......

cleaner air ....only a loser, such as yourself,  loves dirty air.
get it Squeezing out...............Enjoy

Edited by notsonice

32 minutes ago, notsonice said:

I am sure the Coal lovers (idiots) will downvote this one........and Footinthemouth flies right into the flame

take a look at the chart........Coal powered generation worldwide declines....Yeah

If you love burning coal so much move to China...I hear it is just a great place to choke on the dirty air

did you bother to read the whole article??? you should ....enjoy the transition......

I love the highlights......it covers the whole world......did you notice the word GLOBAL??????

even with EVs coming out en masse ....renewables meets the global electricty demand...meaning less Gasoline consumption......

Ah, you openly admit you cannot do basic math and are too damned lazy to even do it.  There is no such thing as "global" coal.  There are the top 10, who make up 90% of all coal production/consumption and the big guys increasing will double coal demand going forward as they like lights/HVAC at night when the sun does not shine. 

Losers like you play make believe there is a battery solution.... then where is it?  It is not the so called "megapacks" by TESLA that is for sure.  If it was, there would be a multitude of "megapack" manufacturers in Japan, S. Korea, Taiwan, China, USA, Germany, France, UK, Israel, UAE, India, Australia... and there are not.  And no, LiFePo is not said solution even though it is the best solution currently.  If it was the solution all said countries would have been making LiFePo for a long time now for grid stability.  After all everyone has known about the problem for decades. 

Squeeze some brain cells together.   Enjoy

• Upvote 2

(edited)

53 minutes ago, notsonice said:

That's right, ignore the evidence and double post your contributions....are you feeling all right? I guess not. Did you forget that you had already posted that nonsense once before on the same page? I guess so.

Stay away from that renewable sauce, it does strange things to the brain.

Edited by Ecocharger

11 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

Peat, tree farms for wood chips, and many different plants could provide a lot of cellulose if need be. Algae from polluted areas of the seas could be cleaned up and used as fuel also. It is rich in nitrogen and could be used in soil for added as a fertilizer and tilth increaser, much as peat moss is. 

Thank you for the inputs. 

The initial intention was probably on sources that could absorb co2, release o2, and provide substance as fuel in between that or at the end of their growth....

Not sure if this recalling is correct...... Somewhere in the discussion about algae as alternative source of petroleum related product, calculation was made on energy produced, time taken to become petroleum related product etc..... The maths and chart might not have supported the effort.

As much as we might want to use algae from polluted water as sources of those mentioned, we need to be more alert in our suggestion so that the young start ups won't be thinking of polluting all water sources near them to get enough algae..... for roasting one marshmallow...... 'o' +.+

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, turbguy said:

With all the debates concerning the pros and cons of renewable energy, let me emphasize the following:

• The sun freely offers it energy to all Americans, without discrimination.
  • The sun NEVER decides to hike up the cost of power by limiting supplies.
  • The sun will NEVER retaliate against Americans because they did something the sun doesn't like.
  • The sun is dependable.
  • The sun is sustainable.
  • The sun has ZERO carbon emissions.
  • The sun will have no "solar peak". It's been very reliable for several million (if not billion) years.
  • The sun has zero interest in politics.
  • The sun has zero interest in religion.

There might be geographical and seasonal variation in the intensity. Lower than a certain level, the sun does not charge the battery properly nor seen above certain latitude for weeks or months.....

2. Not sure if anyone notices UV is said to be the primary source of radiation for solar panel? High heat intensity probably.

For fans of WEF, there is a video from World Economy Forum regarding transparent glass and uv used for solar panel.

It is a brilliant initiative..... UK inventor has something that advanced in the 80s ( reference: BBC archives). Nevertheless......

We might already know when solar was first invented, UV was BLOCKED by ozone, and rarely reaching the earth. 

In addition, high heat intensity of UV might be the reason of low efficiency.

For example, increase temperature will decrease conductivity. Time taken to charge battery on hot days is hence, much longer. High heat shorten lifespan of battery used consequently. Etc.

The sun, hence, is not the culprit of objection... But the solar panels created, the calculations, ways of modern engineers/ startups to get fund, etc...... 

No harm to plan again, redesign or recalculate again, what could have been wrongly assumed. Compared to keep pushing the agenda on trial and error despite possible problems discussed or highlighted, Readjusting from set back could make things work more properly ahead. 

(edited)

6 hours ago, specinho said:

There might be geographical and seasonal variation in the intensity. Lower than a certain level, the sun does not charge the battery properly nor seen above certain latitude for weeks or months.....

2. Not sure if anyone notices UV is said to be the primary source of radiation for solar panel? High heat intensity probably.

For fans of WEF, there is a video from World Economy Forum regarding transparent glass and uv used for solar panel.

It is a brilliant initiative..... UK inventor has something that advanced in the 80s ( reference: BBC archives). Nevertheless......

We might already know when solar was first invented, UV was BLOCKED by ozone, and rarely reaching the earth. 

In addition, high heat intensity of UV might be the reason of low efficiency.

For example, increase temperature will decrease conductivity. Time taken to charge battery on hot days is hence, much longer. High heat shorten lifespan of battery used consequently. Etc.

The sun, hence, is not the culprit of objection... But the solar panels created, the calculations, ways of modern engineers/ startups to get fund, etc...... 

No harm to plan again, redesign or recalculate again, what could have been wrongly assumed. Compared to keep pushing the agenda on trial and error despite possible problems discussed or highlighted, Readjusting from set back could make things work more properly ahead. 

There is more to solar photovoltaics than meets the eye.  The band-pass wavelength quantum efficiency (photons collected vs electrons generated) of panels can be adjusted to some degree.

Then, consider the solar spectrum, and see where the real content of solar irradiation wavelengths (power available) are, as shown below.

Then, consider the power available in the long wavelengths, which you can collect very well with solar heating systems.

Solar_Spectrum.png

Edited by turbguy

I don't read any of the posts any more.  I am just dumbfounded on all the losers that still post opinions that nobody cares about.  For the most part it is just an echo chamber of oil industry shills. That said, I have made over 1 million betting on oil, refinery and tanker stocks in the last 1.5 years. The industry will eventually die, but not today.  I have no problems making money before it does.  Thank you Mr. Putin for making me pretty rich.  Regarding the industry shills.  I hope you are getting paid to post, otherwise seriously, get a life.