JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

36 minutes ago, QuarterCenturyVet said:

God, you're an insufferable boob. And, you need a good forearm shiver to the jaw. Maybe knock some of those geriatric cobwebs loose so, just maybe, you'd remember what the conversation was about; creating an investment environment making it harder to invest in O&G. That's exactly what that executive order did, and you can't deal with that reality. 

Drawing parallels with Biden & Co., the possible future Australian government will be doing the same thing. Picking winners, which makes regular people the worst of the losers, while massively subsidized green energy projects produce intermittently middling electricity at every increasing prices for the masses. 

As far as 14th century windmill tech, you can go suck a bag of dicks. 

We'll be using energy density, which matters.

https://www.thinkgeoenergy.com/hybrid-gas-geothermal-project-to-commence-alberta-canada/amp/

What an intellectual giant you are, the best you can do is resort to threats of violence.

I am all for any negative effects the EO had on O&G. Why would you think otherwise? It was the government that provided the permit in the first place which is just as much gov't picking winners and losers as canceling the permit. But of course that is way too much for you to comprehend.

You don't understand how batteries work do you? That they solve the intermittency problem. Oh and they aren't being subsidized but they are both profitable and decreasing the cost of electricity in Australia. https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/oct/22/record-renewables-drive-down-electricity-prices-across-australia

Apparently solar and wind are taking off in Alberta

Renewable energy: Inside Alberta’s wind and solar boom

https://globalnews.ca/news/7785615/alberta-renewable-energy-wind-solar/

Edited by Jay McKinsey

38 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

How about the frequency problem and expense of connecting etc? I have seen some of our members discussing frequency problems. 

One of the most valuable functions batteries provide is regulating the grid frequency better than any other mechanism. Batteries are easily located at sub stations and at pre existing generators. There is no significant expense of connecting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Legacy ICE are now less than 50% of the new car market in the UK

November-2021-UK-Passenger-Auto-Registrations.png

(edited)

California has been breaking its pledge to go anti-oil and is ramping up huge imports of oil, especially from endangered rain forest areas in Ecuador...oh, the shame of it!!!

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/California-Is-Addicted-To-Oil-From-The-Amazon.html

"According to the NBC investigation, which was based on a report by Stand.earth and Amazon Watch, 66 percent of the oil produced in Ecuador is exported to the United States, and most of that ends up in California. As the two environmentalist groups put it, 1 in 7 tanks of gasoline, diesel, or jet fuel sold in California came from the Amazon rainforest. And that’s not all.

Some of the biggest corporate users of Amazon oil in California are PepsiCo, Costco, and Amazon. All three have made emission-related pledges, with PepsiCo vowing to reduce absolute greenhouse gas emissions by 40 percent from 2015 levels by 2030 and net-zero status by 2040 and Amazon promising billions in investment to become a net-zero emitter by the same year.

“This is no longer one of those things where we’re supposed to have sympathy for a crisis that’s happening somewhere else,” Angeline Robertson, a senior researcher at Stand.earth and the lead author of the report, told NBC. “It’s occurring in California, and it’s linked to Amazon destruction.”

It is also the latest proof that moving away from oil and gas is a lot easier said than done. For all of its anti-oil rhetoric, California is a major importer of the commodity. Before Ecuador became its top source of the commodity, it was importing most of its oil from Saudi Arabia and Iraq and smaller amounts from Colombia, Mexico, Nigeria, and Angola. California, therefore, is very much like any other oil importer in the world with one difference: while other importers simply do not have the domestic production to use, California is purposefully squeezing its oil industry.

There are plans in place to ban fracking by 2024, with Governor Newsom saying in May that “As we move to swiftly decarbonize our transportation sector and create a healthier future for our children, I’ve made it clear I don’t see a role for fracking in that future and, similarly, believe that California needs to move beyond oil.”

This move would necessitate weaning the state off the more than 200,000 bpd of foreign oil it imports on top of more than 460,000 bpd in local production. It’s going to be difficult. There is also a proposal to ban offshore drilling after an oil spill in October added fuel to arguments about whether oil had a future in California or not.

In Ecuador and in the Yasuni National Park, oil definitely has a future, unlike an attempt by a previous government to save its unique ecosystems by calling on the international community to provide $3.5 billion for conservation efforts. NBC recalls the government of Rafael Correa abandoned its plan to protect its share of the Amazon six years with international donations after it only managed to raise a tenth of what was needed. And then it lifted the drilling moratorium for Yasuni, with President Correa saying, “The world has failed us.”"

Edited by Ecocharger

21 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Legacy ICE are now less than 50% of the new car market in the UK

November-2021-UK-Passenger-Auto-Registrations.png

Give us the figures for Europe or Germany.....

11 hours ago, notsonice said:

So ICEs grow by 64.7%????? Your math sucks. Petrol went form 117220 in 2020 to 66020 in 2021. Diesel went from 70,506 to 31,325 Growth???? Sure looks like ICE vehicle sales in Germany crashed. The only one here that is numerically challenged is you. You proved the point that you should go back to the 6th grade. Do you struggle with pie charts? you can compare the size of the colors if numbers are a problem for you. Jay has outwitted you again. 

No, the percentage of the current sales favored ICE, and still does according to Jay's 2021 figures. That means that more ICE vehicles are added to the rolling stock than EVs. As a percentage of rolling stock still less than 1%, a blip on a blip.

11 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Once again you have incorrectly cited the old chart as the current chart. The chart you are showing clearly says 2020 and I have provided you the 2021 chart multiple times. How many times are you going to make this mistake or are you being duplicitous on purpose?

Once again, here is the current chart, note the incredible change in the numbers from what you quoted from last year's chart. Legacy ICE is less than half the market:

November-2021-Germany-Passenger-Auto-Registrations-SQ.png

Your other mistake which I have previously explained to you is to ignore the fact that cars don't last forever. They in fact last about 20 years. That means 5% of the old vehicle stock is retired every year and 5% new are added. In the past that would have all been new ICE but now it is only 3.5% ICE in Germany. Currently the percentage of EVs in the German vehicle stock is increasing by 1.5 points per year and the rate of growth is increasing every month.

Your claim that EVs are a fraction of a percent is mathematically wrong. EVs are now about 1% of German vehicle stock. I guess you aren't so good with math or dates or economic models.

So that is 49% ICE and 34% EV. Still more ICE added than EV, despite furious anti-ICE policies by government.

4 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Give us the figures for Europe or Germany.....

Good Grief!! Did you forget to take your meds again? I've been posting the German numbers for days now and you have responded to them several times. You didn't understand them but you did respond.

The aggregate numbers for Europe in November aren't out yet.

37 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

What an intellectual giant you are, the best you can do is resort to threats of violence.

I am all for any negative effects the EO had on O&G. Why would you think otherwise? It was the government that provided the permit in the first place which is just as much gov't picking winners and losers as canceling the permit. But of course that is way too much for you to comprehend.

You don't understand how batteries work do you? That they solve the intermittency problem. Oh and they aren't being subsidized but they are both profitable and decreasing the cost of electricity in Australia. https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/oct/22/record-renewables-drive-down-electricity-prices-across-australia

Apparently solar and wind are taking off in Alberta

Renewable energy: Inside Alberta’s wind and solar boom

https://globalnews.ca/news/7785615/alberta-renewable-energy-wind-solar/

I said you need a shot to the jaw, its not a threat, you old ninny. 

A company that applies for a permit which gets approved, then get rescinded due to dubious "political" and "climate" related bullshit, while the country needing massive amounts of refined hydrocarbon products starts asking the rest of the world to produce more is picking winners and losers, you loser. The loser in this case is North America's citizens. Specifically, Canadians and Americans. 

We've had wind energy in Alberta for 30 years. The Crowsnest Pass and Halkirk turbines are junked already. 

Your little article is just replacing that junk with newer junk. 

https://calgaryherald.com/business/energy/oldest-commercial-wind-farm-in-canada-headed-for-scrapyard-after-23-years

Lol. Four turbines. What a boom! 

https://globalnews.ca/news/7929442/southern-alberta-opposition-wind-project/

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

So that is 49% ICE and 34% EV. Still more ICE added than EV, despite furious anti-ICE policies by government.

The anti ice policies have only been in place for a couple years.  EVs in Germany will be 50% of the market in a year. Then what are you going to do?

• Haha 1

(edited)

14 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

The anti ice policies have only been in place for a couple years.  EVs in Germany will be 50% of the market in a year. Then what are you going to do?

More government creating a negative investment possibility for O&G.

Oh, but that isn't happening, right Jay?

Edited by QuarterCenturyVet
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

15 minutes ago, QuarterCenturyVet said:

More government creating a negative investment possibility for O&G.

Oh, but that isn't happening, right Jay? 

You're a fucking liar and a skeezy piece of shit. 

You really need to layoff the exhaust pipes. I just said in the last post that I am all for negative effects on O&G from government action. O&G cause costly pollution that we can now start avoiding. The government is a critical part of the market, unregulated markets are disasters.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

3 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

You really need to layoff the exhaust pipes. I just said in the last post that I am all for negative effects on O&G from government action.

Yeah. You're for it. You said it isn't happening a couple weeks ago because you're a liar and generally, a bad person. 

Just now, QuarterCenturyVet said:

Yeah. You're for it. You said it isn't happening a couple weeks ago because you're a liar and generally, a bad person. 

I suspect you just didn't understand whatever economic / legal concept I was discussing. 

(edited)

1 hour ago, QuarterCenturyVet said:

God, you're an insufferable boob. And, you need a good forearm shiver to the jaw. Maybe knock some of those geriatric cobwebs loose so, just maybe, you'd remember what the conversation was about; creating an investment environment making it harder to invest in O&G. That's exactly what that executive order did, and you can't deal with that reality. 

Drawing parallels with Biden & Co., the possible future Australian government will be doing the same thing. Picking winners, which makes regular people the worst of the losers, while massively subsidized green energy projects produce intermittently middling electricity at every increasing prices for the masses. 

As far as 14th century windmill tech, you can go suck a bag of dicks. 

We'll be using energy density, which matters.

https://www.thinkgeoenergy.com/hybrid-gas-geothermal-project-to-commence-alberta-canada/amp/

you can go suck a bag of dicks. ???? sounds like the Keystone got shoved up your arse and all you do now is cry like a 2 year old. Your threats of violence.....you need a good forearm shiver to the jaw.... shows that you are unable to handle losing. ...

Reality your own government is  massively subsidizing the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion ...What is going to cost?? 3 times as much as Kinder Morgan could have got it done for...... How is the existing Trans Mountain going??? up and running??? 3 week shutdown because the pipeline itself got creamed by weather...How many miles got exposed /damaged??? no wonder why in the US no one wants Canadians building pipelines on US soil..... No one trusts Canadians to get it right....Enbridges Kalamazoos disasters shows us why cancelling Keystone is right.

What happened to Northern Gateway??? again Canadians do not even want pipelines. Keep your stinky oil ....we do not need it.

Edited by notsonice
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I suspect you just didn't understand whatever economic / legal concept I was discussing. 

You're too old to remember what you said.

That's par for the course for your geriatric mindset.  

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, notsonice said:

you can go suck a bag of dicks. ???? sounds like the Keystone got shoved up your arse and all you do now is cry like a 2 year old. Your threats of violence.....you need a good forearm shiver to the jaw.... shows that you are unable to handle losing. ...

Reality your own government is  massively subsidizing the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion ...What is going to cost?? 3 times as much as Kinder Morgan could have got it done for...... How is the existing Trans Mountain going??? up and running??? 3 week shutdown because the pipeline itself got creamed by weather...How many miles got exposed /damaged??? no wonder why in the US no one wants Canadians building pipelines on US soil..... No one trusts Canadians to get it right....Enbridges Kalamazoos disasters shows us why cancelling Keystone is right.

What happened to Northern Gateway??? again Canadians do not even want pipelines. Keep your stinky oil ....we do not need it.

I didn't lose anything, and I won't, regardless of old Jay and his investment butt-buddies in government. 

TMX is approved and still being built, dummy. The original was built in 1956 and is still running 300K bbl/d. What, you'd prefer they just keep it running at full capacity while towns flooded and roads got washed into the Fraser River? Are you a retard? 

You need our oil now more than ever, or Biden does. Lol. 

Northern Gateway was approved and then rescinded by the Trudeau government. Another green idiot like Biden and both yourself and Jay. 

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2021 at 4:50 PM, Eyes Wide Open said:

Let's see here...Fake News does come to mind. Lol Consumer Report's vs a shrill rag...oops a eco shrill Rag!

Wait...

Didn't YOU just quote a Consumer Reports report??

Like so?

You think you can have it both ways??

I guess you can...

Tesla ranks almost dead-last on Consumer Reports reliability list

https://www.sfgate.com/tech/article/Tesla-ranks-almost-dead-last-Consumer-Reports-16632996.php

(edited)

Oil prices have nowhere to go but up, thanks to the wild panic over mistaken climate analyses.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Halliburton-Global-Oil-Scarcity-Is-On-The-Horizon.html

"“For the first time in a long time, we’ll see a buyer looking for a barrel of oil as opposed to a barrel of oil looking for a buyer,” Haliburton’s CEO Jeff Miller cautioned.

Miller added that the Houston-based service provider has seen crude explorers cut their spending by roughly half compared with historical norms, and the hired hands from the oil patch have been impacted by rising costs. Meanwhile, oil producers have taken this opportunity to return oilfield profits to their shareholders instead of reinvesting into drilling.

It is this latter issue that will inevitably cause oil a tight market in the future, according to Miller."

Edited by Ecocharger

4 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Good Grief!! Did you forget to take your meds again? I've been posting the German numbers for days now and you have responded to them several times. You didn't understand them but you did respond.

The aggregate numbers for Europe in November aren't out yet.

I responded to the German figures above as follows, Jay and I hope that you can upgrade your reading comprehension going forward.

"So that is 49% ICE and 34% EV. Still more ICE added than EV, despite furious anti-ICE policies by government."

Try and stay on topic, old boy.

I won't be doing anything, the rising costs of EV inputs will put the kibosh on EV growth.

• Haha 1

You really need to layoff the exhaust pipes. I just said in the last post that I am all for negative effects on O&G from government action. O&G cause costly pollution that we can now start avoiding. The government is a critical part of the market, unregulated markets are disasters.

Try and get your position straightened out, Jay, you are all over the map on this issue.

4 hours ago, notsonice said:

The oil is needed, according to Biden & Co., and it is still coming through to the good old U.S.,  only not transported through safe pipelines, but transported by more dangerous railway routes. Whoever owns those oil rail routes must be doing very well from the cancellation of the safer pipelines by Biden& Co. I hope that those rail magnates remember to thank the current administration.

(edited)

13 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

I won't be doing anything, the rising costs of EV inputs will put the kibosh on EV growth.

Ok, so you admit that EVs are growing. But claim that this growth will stop before Germany reaches 50% new EV. Well this won't take long and we can all have a good laugh at your expense.

Edited by Jay McKinsey
  • Haha 1

(edited)

10 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Ok, so you admit that EVs are growing. But that this growth will stop before Germany reaches 50% new EV. Well this won't take long and we can all have a good laugh at your expense.

Germany will not get anywhere near 50% of rolling stock into EV, rising input costs will put the brakes on that. I am already enjoying a good laugh at your expense. The EV revolution will be terminated before you, Jay, even get on board and join the movement. California has already ramped up oil imports in anticipation of this. At the expense of rain forests! Some environmentalists! As we speak, oil has just punched back up over $70. 

Edited by Ecocharger